294 East Grove Ln
Wayzata, MN 55391Neighborhood:
Wayzata / Long Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.6smith.com/
- Phone: 9526987900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday:4:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: JP Samuelson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout
- Entertainment: Live DJ on weekends on our roof top bar.
A word from 6Smith
Welcome to 6Smith. An artisan inspired meat and seafood restaurant for the urban suburban, nestled along the stunning shores of Lake Minnetonka. We are bold, fresh and modern.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
6Smith reviews from OpenTable diners
284 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (206)scenic view (204)fit for foodies (113)special occasion (96)hot spot (92)neighborhood gem (77)vibrant bar scene (76)good for groups (68)great for lunch (63)romantic (47)notable wine list (38)late-night find (24)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (16)Show More
- Just AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014This was the second time we have eaten at 6Smith's and it was a somewhat of a disappointment. Our first time their the food was excellent, but this time it was nothing to get excited about. Perhaps it was a different cook this time. We had two fillet's, a Sea Bass, and salmon. The filets, were slightly undercooked. The fish entrees were both very good. We also had the Brussels Spouts, Beef Cheek Nachos and a chocolate cake for dessert. The Nachos were very good, but the Brussels Sprouts were over cooked and no one at the table enjoyed them. The Chocolate Cake was comparable to something you would buy at a grocery store.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation just a "suggestion"robsiiiVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were finally seated for our 8:15 reservation at 9:00.Special Features:
- Great foodMngirlDined on 9/13/2014We had a great meal and loved the hand cut fries. Loved the lobster gnocchi and Reuben!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMzauggieDined on 9/13/2014Absolutely amazing food. First time there and I want to go back tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2014We live close to 6Smith, but we hadn't tried it yet. Went for husband's birthday last Saturday. Yay! for Open Table because 6Smith was doing great business there and it was busy. We sat next to a window overlooking the lake as the sun was setting. The food was great! Husband enjoyed the Prime Flat Iron Steak with yummy house fries - that I kept stealing. The "Bistro Steak" Salad was my choice, and it, too, was delicious. Generous amount of flavor-terrific steak across the top that practically melted in my mouth. . . . The best part, though, was our server. I'm not kidding, she was the best server we've ever met, and we've eaten at a zillion places in the cities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014love that they took a reservation for 12 people! We got to sit in the private room with high ceilings and cool architectural details. Private but they didn't forget about us--we had great service. food was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hourMissSocialWomanDined on 9/11/2014Wonderful appetizers and wine great view if the lake. Super service. Great place to meet friends for a social get to get herSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding lake spot!JohnoDined on 9/9/2014Great view for cocktails on roof before dinner below - which was outstanding in all regards. Excellent service, food and wines. Topped of by a late night shot as leaving. Thanks 6smith!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio!kimberelyDined on 9/3/2014Lovely patio outside with craft cocktails and nice apps. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014Excellent food and the service is as good as it has been. Nice improvement from my first few visits to 6 Smith.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FranDined on 9/1/2014We were there for lunch and had the Grilled Chicken sandwich and the Bistro Steak sandwich. Both were excellent. Great service and a lovely view of the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and tiny portionssherryDined on 8/30/2014The wait-persn was well-informed, but the food was tiny portions, even for an entrée. I had the lobster cake for $12 and it was one small and hard-crusted patty with a few leaves of lettuce. Ate on the roof a few weeks before this and that was even smaller portions!Special Features:
- Perfect place to eat!DinewithmeDined on 8/29/2014I would recommend 6Smith Restaurant to everybody who wants a great meal, outstanding service, and great atmosphere. Located right on Lake Minnetonka makes a lovely view of nature and pleasure with water crafts. We were greeted by most all of the staff with great enthusiasm. The food was very pleasing and absolutely mouth watering. We really enjoyed being there, it made our vacation time very memorable. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHBcookDined on 8/29/2014Had dinner here with friends and was disappointed in the food and it was noisy. it was hard to have a conversation. We had the rib eye which was prepared perfectly and our friends had scallops and salmon, both were mediocre. VERY expensive and the restaurant is laid out oddly.Special Features:
- Beautiful ViewsSuzanneVIPDined on 8/29/2014I was so happy to hear that 6Smith had set up shop in the old Northcoast location, beautiful spot right on Lake Minnetonka. I loved the new decor. Unfortunately it was drizzling out so we didn't get to sit outside but we sat at a window seat and the views were awesome! Our server (Shellee) was humorous and extremely attentive. She knew the menu and was willing to give suggestions. It was my husbands birthday so I wouldn't have normally have spent so much to go out, but for the occasion it was worth it, he loves a good steak and thought his filet was one of the best he'd ever had.Special Features:
- Great location, so-so foodMikeVIPDined on 8/28/2014Located on the shore of scenic Lake Minnetonka, 6Smith is an attractive space that's held several other restaurants in past years. The menu is kind of a jumble of various cuisines. French fries were pretty good. Out lobster rolls were OK, but not nearly as good as many we've had in Maine. They had way too much lettuce, and the lobster was swimming in a watery mayonnaise sauce. A steak sandwich featured too-thick cut beef that was hard to bite off. The eclair/ice cream desert was tasty. It's an attractive restaurant in an ideal location; hope they give a little more attention to the menu/food quality.Special Features:
- Stick with Appetizers/DrinksklynnjDined on 8/28/2014We arrived for a 1:00 p.m. lunch and didn't realize the waitress had given us dinner menus, so watch for this effort to increase the lunch tab. I enjoyed a good Vodka Martini, but my friend's gin martini was weak. My West Coast raw oysters were delectable and buttery, if costly at $3.00 per oyster. I had the grilled Sea Bass which was fair, and the Quinoa bedding was disappointing. My friend had the Venison Burger with Gouda cheese (and although she enjoyed it) she found it excessively expensive at $17.00. Again, the dinner menu made for a hefty bill. The view of Lake Minnetonka and Wayzata Marina are worth going back for the oysters and drinks, and I would have liked to try the 20 Year Portuguese Port if I'd not been driving.Special Features:
- No regard for ReservationstonkareviewerDined on 8/25/2014Although we booked a reservation time AND called 20 minutes before leaving for the restaurant to confirm our reservation, when we arrived we were forced to wait 30 minutes in the hallway for our table as there was no room in the bar. When they finally could accommodate our party of 5, we had to sit in the bar at a high top table. The female host was rude and unapologetic and although I requested to speak to a manager, he or she never came to our table. Our waiter also forgot to order our side dishes and they weren't served with our meal. I have eaten there SEVERAL times for lunch and had a good experience but dinner service is a completely different experience. BAD dining experience although the food is AWESOME.Special Features:
- Beautiful place with great foodplymouthdinerDined on 8/24/2014I was very sad when Northcoast closed as we really liked the food and loved being right on the lake. However, 6 Smith is even better. I especially like the lobster guacamole and spring salad with beets, but all of the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Def going backLuv2eatDined on 8/23/2014Great ambience, honest server, loved everything we had. There were three of us and we shared everything, plenty big portions!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice MealcpetemnDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed our food. Several had lobster rolls and they were quite good. A bit different than Maine, but good flavor and lots of lobster. Generous salads and very goos as well/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply FantastictlluvfoodDined on 8/20/2014Beautiful spot overlooking Lake Minnetonka and inspired marina. The service was personal and paced wonderfully. The food was memorable with a mix of traditional and creative flavors. Seafood and steak combinations with a unique twist. Great cocktails as well. Will return very soon. A place you can call your own and enjoy.Special Features:
- Great!lluke250Dined on 8/19/2014Two others and I came in for an early dinner on a Tuesday and it was great. The service was extremely friendly and fast. We took ordering our courses slow and they welcomed us taking our time. The owner actually stopped at our table and after a few minutes of convo he ended up buying us our dessert. Would recommend to anyone! As a side note, didn't see one child under 12 in the place, maybe leave the small kids at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs attentionMinnetonkaDinerDined on 8/17/2014We dined at 6Smith Sunday evening for the first time. We enjoyed the space, location and view. The menu has potential, but the service and the food preparation left something to be desired. The service timing was off for the entire meal. Too long a wait for initial service and for wine to be delivered, and then the salads and main courses were delivered while the previous course was barely begun. In addition, several servers had informal conversations grouped right in front of our table. The atmosphere was negatively impacted by service. The food shows possibilities, but the preparations were uneven. The manager agreed that our main dishes were not up to their standard, and comped them. We will return and give them another shot.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Overall I had a great experience at 6smith. I ordered the sea scallops with gnocchi which was beyond amazing, however my husband ordered a burger and he said it was just ok which is why I am giving 4 stars. Our service was really great and so were the drinks. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food on the west side of townOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Right up there with Bar La Grassa and other top MSP eateries.
- Meh!DavidpVIPDined on 8/15/2014Our food wasn't good. My steak salad was a soggy mess. Almost like they washed the greens and never dried them before they put dressing on. The veggies on my salad were dry. It was horrible. The lobster guacamole was good -great chips. Obviously, the water side setting was wonderful as we treasure outdoor dining in MN! And the restaurant space itself is beautiful. BUT I won't be back because of the disappointing food. The head chef better get his kitchen crew in shape or they'll suffer when winter comes and people are no longer coming mainly to enjoy the outdoor patio (cuz I wouldn't go for the food)!
- Great new spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Great views. Service was excellent. Food was good. Liked the atmosphere. Rooftop was busy and vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blindyDined on 8/14/2014Great restaurant!!! Food was amazing. View of lake Mtka, patio and upper deck unreal. We will definitely being going back even if it's a 45 min. drive for us. Excited to try other menu items. Simply just LOVE IT:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterTCFoodieDined on 8/14/2014We have eaten at this restaurant both for lunch and dinner and much prefer the lunch experience. Noise in the dining room is deafening in the evening. After eating salads and soups at lunch we were looking forward to an evening meal. The much more expensive evening menu does not live up to the prices charged. Our bill for four people exceeded $200 which is a lot for an experience that can't be classified as fine dining. The $6 valet parking is an annoyance for a restaurant that's in the suburbs. The setting and scenery is lovely, however.Special Features:
- Great Food; Awesome Location!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014Lobster spring rolls and tuna burger were very good. The East Coast mussels were wonderful; the West Coast variety had a milky quality I did not find pleasant. Beer selection is great! The glass of Prosecco I had was very nice too. I will be back.Special Features:
- The View was BreathtakingAllieDined on 8/11/2014I was originally going to go to the new Cov Wayzetta but after reading horrible reviews and people saying that they cam to 6Smith instead I decided to come here. I called ahead so that I could reserve a table for outside. The inside looked amazing too, very romantic, but I am so happy that I was able to get a table that overlooked the water. Do take note that the menu is slightly smaller for the rooftop, but it is still delicious. The service here is amazing, they are fast and efficient, and are always checking up on you. The food was amazing, it was like we couldn't go wrong with whatever we choose. I would recommend the lobster crepe appetizer...we could have ate them all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!DeborahDined on 8/11/2014We had an excellent lunch. The food was good and our waiter couldn't have been any nicer! Very informative and he put up with me and my mom and aunts!Special Features:
- That was fast...RLB1031VIPDined on 8/10/2014Took 20 minutes to get our starters, salad and entrees came less than 5 minutes later. Food was good, but pacing better get worked out! Spent more time eating at Arby's!
- Needs to improveMNcoldDined on 8/8/2014Location is great, happy to see another restaurant here. Needed to wait for the table for well over 30 minutes. When we finally sat down it took about an hour to get food on the table. Cutlery was only provided once asked for, another request was never followed up on. The only fast thing was the bill. Food was good. Bottom line, it's a new restaurant, they need to improve on timing - a lot. Will be back, hopefully service has improved.Special Features:
- A Great ExperiencejohnfDined on 8/8/2014This was our second visit to 6Smith. The first was opening night, which was somewhat chaotic and the food was god, but not great. What a difference a few weeks has made. We were going with friends, so I had requested a table in a quieter area and that is what we got and it even had a view of the lake. Our waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu and provided recommendations that were right on the mark. We ordered several appetizers/small plates - spicy shrimp, polenta, and lobster guacamole - all were excellent. Our entrees were a strip steak grilled to perfection, the scallops also excellent, the pork shank huge and delicious, and a lobster roll which was as good as any around. After dinner we ventured up to the deck - great endingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbbamybVIPDined on 8/7/2014We had several great experiences. Outside dining is amazing. Had the salmon appetizer, and the calamari. They were both fantastic. Chicken was moist and delicious. Hamburger and fries were outstanding. I think the restaurant started off slow, but it has definitely picked up the prep and is more consistent. Had some great waitstaff,Special Features:
- 6smith3JuliebVIPDined on 8/7/2014This is the third time I have been here and the first that I have ordered an entree. I ordered the Hanger Steak which I thought was awesome. One tip-order it rare to medium rare. Past medium rare, it is tough as my friend found out. Still love this restaurant and still wish they did HH outside on the patio.. Will definitely go back, maybe next time on the upper patio to see what that is like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really loved it!foodieDined on 8/7/2014Great place! roof top patio is awesome! nice hand crafted cocktails. Oyster selection and quality awesome. food was great! we had a pork shank that fell off the bone and scallops that melted in your mouth. for picky foodies - i highly recommend this place. Also - Ro served us in inside downstairs bar on our second visit for lunch, she is just lovely and a wonderful bartender. we will go back soon!Special Features:
- New and NotableOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/7/2014I dined at 6Smith last week and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. With the upgraded menu and quality of food - I wondered if management would try to evolve the space into something more "stuffy"...... I am pleased to say they did not. It is very friendly and caters to both those who want a full fine-dining experience as well as the more casual diner who may just want to choose from several of their wonderful small plates or simply have a great glass of wine or a cocktail and some appetizers. Giving the growth of downtown Wayzata - I hope that 6Smith has better luck in this space than the past several occupants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.