676 Restaurant and Bar
676 North Michigan Ave
Located on the Fourth Floor of the Omni Chicago Hotel
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
676 Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.676restaurant.com/
- Phone: 3129447676x
- Hours of Operation:
-BREAKFAST: Monday - Friday 6:30am - 11:00am Saturday - Sunday (Buffet and a la carte) 6:300am - 11:30am Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 12PM - 2:00pm Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm Bar Menu (no reservations): Daily 3:00pm - 11:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Josh Hasho
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet facilities available at the Omni Chicago Hotel. Sizes range from function rooms with A/V equipment to ballrooms suitable for large banquets.
- Private Party Contact: Dawn Hooks 3129447676x
A word from 676 Restaurant and Bar
676 Restaurant focuses on using ingredients from Midwest and local farmers whenever possible. The fare is approachable, organic and sustainable - local food treated the way it was intended.Chef accentuates the food selection with an ever changing selection of hand-made house charcuterie, honey from his own hive, produce from rooftop gardens located on the sundeck at the Omni Chicago Hotel and pork from the exclusive Acorn Edition IV pig out of Norwalk, Iowa. Chef and his culinary team’s dishes will bring back memories of fishing from the dock for bluegill, hunting game in the north woods, summers spent picking apples from the orchard trees hoping not to get caught and standing in awe at the plethora of jarred food under grandma’s basement stairs. That is the Midwest. That is 676. With unparalleled views of Chicago’s famous Magnificent Mile, this unique restaurant experience is augmented with rustic touches, communal plates and a bit of nostalgia of the foods you remember as a kid.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
676 Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (12)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)good for groups (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)neighborhood gem (3)Show More
- XXXXVIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is located in the Omni Suites. I have been here several times and always had outstanding food and service. I am surprised it is not better known--it's always easy to get a reservation and never crowded. Impressive views of Michigan Avenue if you get a table near the window (which most of them are).Special Features:
- Exceeded our expections by far!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014This may have been the best food we had during our 4 days of eating, drinking, and shopping in downtown Chicago. The 3 day short ribs were incredible as well as the cocktails. We shall return. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousMmdelpDined on 7/17/2014We were able to sit by the windows and the view was amazing. The roasted carrot humus tasted delicious and the flatiron steak was perfectly cooked. My meal ranked top 10 of all meals I've had. My husband and I have tried many fancy restaurants and we will definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Fabulous findLivetoeat2Dined on 7/4/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience. Tucked away on the second floor of the Omni Hotel, this gem of a place was a pleasant surprise. From the friendly staff to the incredible food, the evening was a delight. We also loved the stuffed dates, especially the lamb bacon. Yum! Had the perch and the flatiron steaks as entrees. Another great taste! Will definitely revisit when we return to Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedLyn19Dined on 6/15/2014676 Restaurant and Bar is a great find for those looking to impress your out of town guests. It is housed in the OMNI Hotel and the dining area has an excellent view of Michigan Avenue. The service was excellent and our server was knowledgeable about all items on the menu including what ingredients were used in each entree. He provided us with great choices from the wine and dessert lists. I had the salmon and my guest had the trout; both were excellent. All in all it was an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:
- Best meal we've had in a whileJDandElizabethDined on 5/25/2014I will say this - the 676 Branding (twitter logo, website, etc) does make the restaurant appear minor league. I was skeptical about going, but the food. My Lord have mercy, the food. When you go, expect a great, quiet atmosphere, decent service, but impeccable food. We had the lamb-bacon wrapped dates and they were one of the best things I've ever eaten before. My wife had the 3 day short rib, I had the trout. Both were creative, beautifully prepared, but PERFECTLY cooked and matched with the sides/sauces they were served with. I cannot recommend this place enough - if they were in a neighborhood setting like Lincoln Park, you'd never be able to get a reservation.Special Features:
- Nice business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2014676 was exactly as billed. Nice Michigan Ave view, great starters,local charcuterie, local cheese, and delicious entrees and dessert. We had a party of 12 and ordered almost everything on the menu. I only heard good things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 437 reviews are from the 676 Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- Great find buried in a hotelAK47Dined on 4/27/2014676 was a lovely restaurant. The food was delicious...try the veggie meatballs! Service was just right...friendly, attentive, but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014We learned during our Easter Brunch that 676 only presents the fu brunch we experienced for select Holidays. We were lucky to have discovered it as 676 exceeded our expectations. We would join 676 for their routine brunch with fewer selections. Pleasant environment and confident food woul be very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfully delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2014The charcuterie was outstanding and the lamb was succulent. In the Omni hotel. What a find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent mood wasabc123Dined on 4/12/2014Food was excellent mood was just right. Will definitely be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Post Conference DinnerTrevorLBrooksDined on 4/5/2014When I am traveling I typically tend to seek out more neighborhood gems and steer away from hotel restaurants. I ended up at 676 out of convenience in proximity after a long day at a tradeshow. Our entire group was very pleasantly surprised. Great wait staff and even a visit from the chef himself.Special Features:
- Food Was GreatRodOneDined on 3/29/2014The way that our meals were prepared was the best part of the eveningSpecial Features:
- Stay and EatWizthatisDined on 3/15/2014The Omni has done a great job of rehabbing itself. The restaurant was always good but now there is again a nice destination, especially when the weather is lousy as it has been. We ate 5 meals at 676 in three days, and would have done more had we stayed another day. predictably good every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went on line before ourChipDined on 2/21/2014I went on line before our trip to Chicago and was looking for a nice place with good clean food and the GF menu was a plus. We were dining with my sister and her 15 yr old son and wanted somewhere he would enjoy too. We enjoyed it so much we cancelled our reservation for the following night at another restaurant and made one for us and 2 other couples. We had a very nice dinner and Erika set up a nice table by the window for us. Michael the sous chef came out the first night to speak with us. It was very thoughtful We come to Chicago every Feb for a meeting. We will plan on dinner again next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I had made a reservation online after reading the menu and chose this restaurant after learning a bit about how they support local farms. I am from Ohio so I had never even heard of 676 Restaurant before and found it because it was within close vicinity to the hotel my boyfriend and I were staying at. It was very easy to find and get to and once we got there we were able to enjoy the wonderful view from our table of the city at night. The food was wonderful, we both got the salmon and shared a flatbread appetizer. It was the perfect amount of food and amazing quality. By far the nicest restaurant I've dined in and was the perfect choice for a special occasion like Valentine's Day. I would definitely come back, friendly service, too.Special Features:
- There was a service mixup,sZyQVIPDined on 2/14/2014There was a service mixup, quickly remedied. The food was very very salty. The tables were too close together.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereJimmyODined on 2/13/2014Service was top notch. Appetizers were amazing. My pork chop entree was just OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2014Came for restaurant week. Beat all expectations and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would come backmspencer710Dined on 1/31/2014I'd definitely come back here, although not sure I will due to the quantity of options in the area. It was Chicago Restaurant week and therefore, a fixed menu. We were greeted and seated promptly. We did have reservations. The wait staff was very attentive and very friendly. Can't say I had any complaints.Special Features:
- Thank you Restaurant Week!SpritacatDined on 1/30/2014Restaurant Week introduction and now a "keeper!" Located on the 4th floor of the Omni Hotel, 676 has a very contemporary vibe and open kitchen with a window wall overlooking the Mag Mile. Service is superb and the lunch menu choices were eclectic, unique and quite delicious. Several choices of charcuterie and cheeses for starters, flatbreads and unusual sandwich pairings or salads for lunch. Great desserts and excellent coffee. The manager also stopped by to inquire about our meal and told us about their weekend brunch that we definitely want to try. A little noisy (but still conversation friendly) from all the hard surfaces so don't come if you seek a quiet, romantic spot. Great place for wine/drinks and snacks after work at the bar.Special Features:
- Staff were very nice. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2014Staff were very nice. Service was a little slow - but at a nice pace to catch up with friends and enjoy the food.Special Features:
- Always a treat!dinnerdateVIPDined on 1/15/2014Foodies will enjoy the cheese and meet sampler boards; the view is lovely; and the service is always friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OmnivoreDinerDined on 1/11/2014Very nice dining experience. Something for everyone on the menu. Server was prompt, friendly, professional. We had theater to get to after dinner and told server.....he paced the evening perfectly. Food was tasty, very nicely done and presented. The dining room has been well decorated and laid out. Might be easy to overlook a fourth-floor restaurant in a hotel just off Mich Ave.....but it's there and quite nice.Special Features:
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2014a very private space - quiet, excellent food, great cheese selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Dine HereNeverDineHereDined on 12/31/2013We Choice This Dining area for our New Year Eve dinner!!! The service we receive was awful, horrible, the entire staff was rude & unfriendly! I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone!!!!
- New Year's Eve 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Being new in Chicago at winter can be a good and bad experience. Even though I didn't arrange New Year's Eve plans with weeks of anticipation, my experience couldn'thave been better. 676 turned out to be the perfect spot for a great dinner in such special occasion, outstanding service and amazing food were the perfect way to start a new year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveNeedlesKeeblerDined on 12/31/2013Very nice, local eats! Chef was kind enough to come talk to us on New Year's Eve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveDavewashereDined on 12/31/2013I was here on a date on New Year's Eve and had their pre fixe menu. There was a decent selection on the menu. The first course was cured meats served with sides of mustards, a vinaigrette reduction, and spicy vinegar soaked cherry tomatoes. Next my date had a lobster cappachino which was a frothed lobster soup. I had the Caesar salad which was very good. For entrees we ordered lamb chops and the gnocchi. I'd get the lamb chops medium not medium rare. But it was very good and everything else on the plate was amazing. She enjoyed the gnocchi. The desserts will not disappoint. I had the very tasty lemon tart and she had the cheesecake which was whipped and served in a small dish. I would even recommend this place to my foodie brother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveBrittDined on 12/31/2013The food was absolutely delicious. All of my friends enjoyed their courses and couldn't stop talking about them as the evening went on! Food was delivered in an appropriate amount of time by a friendly and professional staff. The only downfall of the ambiance was a family nearby with many children that were running around their area and were a little disturbing for this type of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a prie fix ChristmasLouisaDined on 12/25/2013We had a prie fix Christmas meal. Most of the food was very good, some a little disappointing but overall very agreeable. The presentations were lovely. Our waiter was attentive and seemed very knowledgable on the menu and wine list. Our only criticism is that we felt rushed. On 2 courses, the next course arrived while we were still working on the previous course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013I usually wouldn't choose a hotel restaurant, but choices on Christmas day were limited and the menu did sound good. 676 exceeded our expectations. The food was delicious, and the service was excellent. The ambiance was warm and we were able to have a great conversation, even with the full restaurant. It was a great way to enjoy a Christmas brunch.Special Features:
- Great viewJimmboDined on 12/24/2013Had a good dinner, food was what was expected nothing spectacular. Was hoping for more but had a good time none the less. If you are looking for a good view then it's great but if you want great food I would go somewhere else.Special Features:
- Favorite Chicago RestaurantkisfanVIPDined on 12/21/2013This is our favorite restaurant in Chicago. The food is great and so is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we stayed at the Omni. weanniversaryDined on 12/20/2013we stayed at the Omni. we ate dinner first night, stopped for an afternoon cappachino second day, had breakfast buffert before we checked out. Food was well presented, prepared, and served. Staff was very attentive without hovering. Overall a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW - great food and gluten free!AlanVIPDined on 12/14/2013676 is on the 3rd floor of the Omni Hotel and overlooks Michigan Ave. Please don't make the mistake of thinking this is just your run of the mill hotel dining rooms. The food is excellent. However, if anyone in your dining party have any food allergies (gluten, dairy, vegan, etc.) this is your place! Not only do they have a GF menu, the waiter and the chef made it clear they could accommodate any issue. My wife is gluten, dairy and egg free. No problem. And everything was foodie fit. Overlooking Michigan Ave. at Christmas was magical. The lights are kept just low enough to create a special atmosphere. The service is attentive but without being hovering. We love the Omni but will make sure to add 676 to all of our must stops in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate here twice, first forDB415Dined on 11/29/2013We ate here twice, first for Thanksgiving then for Friday night dinner. Thanksgiving was five courses. We had some issues with undercooked fish, and some meals arriving at the table not hot. But overall the food quality and presentation was astounding and we really enjoyed our meal. The charcuterie and bacon wrapped dates were a big hit. Second night the Porkchop and the braised beef were huge hits. Impressed at the effort to source locallySpecial Features:
- great thanksgiving experienceadventurousdinerDined on 11/28/2013We picked 676 for our Thanksgiving dinner based on the menu advertised. They delivered! We had a relaxed,enjoyable family experience with great food and service. Would definitely return to dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is not always about speed......PeteDined on 11/28/2013The food was really great here and the service was good but lacked attention to detail. The main issue for me was the speed of delivery of each dish. It was Thanksgiving lunch but we felt like a conveyor belt. Sadly I will not be back to 676 in any hurry.
- Great thanksgiving dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013We had a wonderful experience. Amazing selection, very simple presentation yet sophisticated. Service and atmosphere phenomenal. . We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.