630 Maroli Indian Kerala Restaurant
630 Bloor St. West
Toronto, ON M6G 1K7Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: CAN$30 and under
630 Maroli Indian Kerala Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maroli.ca/
- Phone: 4164835393
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00PM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00PM - 12:00AM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 1:00AM, Sunday: 5:00PM - 12:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Contemporary Indian
- Executive Chef: Naveen Polapady
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Maroli Indian Restaurant has been a recognized name among the Indian Restaurants industry for over 7 years. Maroli Indian Restaurant caters to big as well as small events in Toronto, from corporate to small and medium size offices to at-home get togethers . We offer catering, dine-in, takeout and delivery in downtown Toronto.
- Private Party Contact: Naveen 6478975821
A word from 630 Maroli Indian Kerala Restaurant
Maroli, which recently won the distinction of being the Best Indian Restaurant in Toronto (according to Dine T.O) is the only restaurant in the city which serves Kerala / Malabari cuisine. Malabar is a magical land of waving palms, pristine beaches and stunning backwaters located on the south-western coast of India. It is also home to some of the finest food to be had in the country. Influenced by all those who traded with or settled in the region - among them the Dutch, the British, the French, the Portuguese, and the Arabs - Malabari food is complex, distinctive and flavorful and unlike any other kind of cuisine to be found in India.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
630 Maroli Indian Kerala Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Neighbourhood gemOMK49Dined on 5/31/2014Very friendly, helpful, tasty. A great place to go with friends for a laid-back enjoyable evening of delicious food and good conversation. And the price is right!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 36 reviews are from the 630 Maroli Indian Kerala Restaurant reviews archive.
- LaraBDined on 5/3/2014We went for my Daughter's 22nd birthday and th food was excellent. Our server was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but little ambianceYUMMMMDined on 4/25/2014Very accommodating wait staff, Friendly, did very well for gluten free needs. Enjoyed the food, wonderful naan. In all a get place for a quick meal. No table cloths so more casual than I expected. Id go back.Special Features:
- I'd recommend this place forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014I'd recommend this place for lunch/dinner for sure. food was good, prices were more than reasonable, service was good too. not really any downsides, had some dishes I've never had other places, so that's nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five of us ate well and theRichardDined on 12/29/2013Five of us ate well and the bill came to $53 not including tip; it was great value. The palak paneer was delicious and the others enjoyed the curry lentils althugh I wasn't a big fan. The restaurant only had one option for desserts but there's lots of good places within a couple blocks if you want dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty but overpricedFoodieantDined on 11/23/2013The dishes are quite unique as they are from south India. Meat dish we ordered, the Syrian beef was very tasty, but very little beef in it. It was mainly onions and spices and for what you pay for that, the overall value is low. Fish mollie was another dish that was unique, but the fish itself was in small quantities. We ended up spending over $90 for two and we were not quite satisfied. Service was really slow and inattentive, even though we were the only ones there. It seems like they were busy getting takeout orders ready for pickup! I think management needs to pay attention to the feedback. They do have a good opportunity to turn things around.Special Features:
- Third time lucky.LoveIndianDined on 11/22/2013I had been to this restaurant on two previous occasions. I have tried different dishes on each visit. The menu is long enough to give you options, but not so long you are overwhelmed for choice. Once again I was very satisfied with my dinner. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to people who enjoy Indian food. This is from a specific region and offers different options than your standard butter chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedUscanukDined on 7/24/2013My initial concerns that all times were 'open' did reveal that there was plenty of open tables. Only one couple when we arrived but the food was excellent. The server was a little quiet and reserved but again the food more than pleases. Our party of 3 shared delicious samosas and entries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian foodAimanDined on 7/7/2013I love this place by far the most authentic Indian food. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dishes that you willNT001Dined on 6/22/2013Unique dishes that you will be hard pressed to find.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made a return visit on ourPorchDined on 4/20/2013Made a return visit on our jaunt to Toronto because of the food. This time the tables were all reserved and there was a wait-list providing strong evidence of success. Many additions to decor and furniture but the food hadn't changed from delicious.Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2013We went for dinner during on a Thursday night as a party of 3. We took our own wine and paid corkage, I am unsure if this upset the waiter but we recieved poor service which was a shame because the food was really good. We ordered two servings of rice and only received the equivalent of one. The waiter also adviced us that the narn bread would not be big enough to share among the 3 of us and it was enormous. After we had finished our meal we sat and finished our wine, 15 minutes later our empty plates had not been cleared and there were only 2 other tables of people in the restuarant. Food was very good but the server was really rude and we do not know why!Special Features:
- Must try Malabar ChickenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013The Malabar Chicken was outstanding; the butter chicken was decent. Friendly staff. The owner/chef personally came out to check on us. Totally recommend it for the Malabar Chicken alone - I'll be back to try more dishes!Special Features:
- Interesting little restaraunt!DontrumpDined on 3/9/2013Interesting little restaraunt! Delicious food! Avoid the fish though...
- The Flavours will Blow You Away...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013If you've never tried Malabar cuisine from the southern Indian state of Kerala you have got to visit this restaurant. Completely authentic and the flavours will blow you away. Both the food and owner were outstanding! We could not have had a better dining experience...Special Features:
- The food is great and stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013The food is great and stuff is very friendly. Quiet, convenient location. Not shic looking, but if it is food you are looking for, that's the right place to go.Special Features:
- It is a good variation fromJACKDined on 12/31/2012It is a good variation from other South Asian eateries.Special Features:
- Not Authentic Malayalee Cuisine.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2012I am basically from Kerala, and I know what Kerala food tastes like. The Food at Maroli doesn't taste authentic Malayalaee food. We had Parota - which was hard and not tasted like Kerala Parota. The Malabar chicken also lacked the authentic Kerala touch. Same issue with Biriyani as well. I wouldn't recommend this place as a authentic Kerala place - but casual diners who want's generic Indian taste may find this place descent.Special Features:
- The food is great! However,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012The food is great! However, the atmosphere is loud and distracting. Children screaming - adults shouting instead of talking - in order to hear one another one would assume. At one point a dust buster was used to clean up some food on the floor, contributing a high pitched whine to the noise level.The room is too small (cramped) for the amount of people served - the acoustics are bad, hence it gets very loud. (Perhaps table cloths would help absorb some of the sound). We left as soon as we were finished eating to get away from the din. I would recommend take out from Maroli, or dine on a night it's not so busy (if we could find out when that would be). Let me repeat, the food is great!Special Features:
- Excellent little spot. PleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2012Excellent little spot. Pleasant staff, great food.Special Features:
- their specialty fish dishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012their specialty fish dish had little fish. lots of bones and a sauce that looked like grey slop. same with the mutton stew. We should have left but too polite I guess and we did give it a try. Did not finish. Had stomach ache next day
- You cant go wrong with theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2012You cant go wrong with the egg curry. You really truly cant. The food was perfect.Special Features:
- Go to Banjara instead!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2012While the food was good and probably on my top 3 for Indian cuisine, I probably wouldn't come back to 630 Maroli Indian Kerala Restaurant. The service was extremely slow right from the start. Our server rang in a take-out order before us even though we arrived first and were trying to catch her attention for a few minutes prior to the take-out people showing up. The chilled glass was a nice touch for my beer except there were a few spots of mould on the glass (not sure how?) and we had to ask the server several times to fill our water glasses. The food was very good although not spicy enough but that's not enough to get me to return. Poor service for the price I paid..
- The place does not look fancy,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012The place does not look fancy, but if you are looking for great food, this is a right place. And the service is very good.Special Features:
- Started the evening off justOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012Started the evening off just right with terrific service from the waiter for a hot and tired crowd on a Friday night. Ended the night being thrilled with the complex flavours, aromas and colour of the dishes they delivered from the menu. Attentive to patrons in filling up our drinking glasses and no pressure to order more. We stayed and enjoyed the company we had without being pressured to get moving. Kind service and good food goes a long way on a Friday night, told everybody at the family picnic on Sunday to head there.Special Features:
- Awesome place for KeralanOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/11/2012Awesome place for Keralan food. Worth trying if you like Indian food, but want to mix it up a bit.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, allOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2012The food was excellent, all the dishes were well seasoned. Portions are a bit small but fresh. We had the stuffed pomfret, malabar chicken, chicken biryani, mussels fry, appams, roti and vegetable curry (5 people). Everything was delicious but the roti was too thick and the biryani could have used more chicken and less oil. Refreshing to find an Indian restaurant that specializes in Keralite food.Special Features:
- The restaurant was nice, clean,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012The restaurant was nice, clean, small space, but they make the best of it. Our table was not ready, we had to wait for about15 mins. while standing, for it to be cleared and cleaned. Also due to them only having 2 servers, the service was very slow! On a more positive note...The food was AMAZING! The pakoras, and samosas were out of this world! The sauce that came with them was sweet, yet spicy, paired perfectly! The naan was nice and soft, hot. Everything served was amazing! Will definetly eat there again.Special Features:
- Food was good, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2012Food was good, service was poor. Had to wait a lot for waiter to take order, get the cheque. Coffee took almost 25mins to arrive at the table after we asked a 2nd time. Not the best 1st experience.
- Great service and fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Great service and fabulous food. The valentine custom menu was very convenient. Looking to come back next time.Special Features:
- The Chicken Curry with steamedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2012The Chicken Curry with steamed basmati was delicious. Friendly place, attentive service. Quite small, unpretentious with a good selection of food ala Kerala. If you're there for the food, you'll be impressed.Special Features:
- Butter chicken is great! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/14/2012Butter chicken is great! The cheese appetizers are good if you like hot and spicy.Special Features:
- We made reservations for NewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2011We made reservations for New Year's Eve for 6:00 pm. Our greeting was indifferent. The food was interesting and favourful. One dish that we ordered was listed as having almonds. No almonds to be found, but still good. Would go again. As a result of eating here, googled Kerala India to find out where it is.Special Features:
- For indian food, it was aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2011For indian food, it was a little bland. I had the Palak Paneer which was a little watery. My boyfriend had the butter chicken and loved it.
- Okay, but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2011This restaurant was featured for its butter chicken on Food Network's "Eat, Shrink and Be Merry." To be honest, I didn't have that North Indian dish. I went in anticipation of a South Indian meal, since the sign shown on the program advertised the place as a Malabari (or Keralan) restaurant. They were most accommodating, serving us a fish dish (on a Thursday) normally available only on weekends. However, the fish was overcooked (dry and tough) and the rest of the dishes were unremarkable. They didn't offer many types of vegetable dishes and dals that I would normally expect in a Keralan restaurant. Perhaps I should have gone for the butter chicken, which is supposed to be their signature dish. I was disappointed, I'm sorry to say.
- Good restaurant which canOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2011Good restaurant which can handle small group so reservation is recommended. Serving has Indian style food with more sweetness.Special Features:
- Fantastic food. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2011Fantastic food. The service and atmosphere leave something to be desired.Special Features: