626 on Rood...Modern American Cuisine and Wine Bar
626 Rood Ave
Grand Junction, CO 81501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
626 on Rood...Modern American Cuisine and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.626onrood.com/
- Phone: 9702577663x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 11-11
Sunday Dinner 4-10
Amusement Hours 4-530 Daily with $5 Wines by the Glass $1 off Beer and $2 off Sharing Plate Menu
Closed: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Christmas Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Theo Otte
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Brenda Wray 9702577663x
A word from 626 on Rood...Modern American Cuisine and Wine Bar
Good Food! Good Wine! Good Life! is the mantra at 626 on Rood...Modern American Cuisine and Wine Bar. Grand Junction's premier restaurant and wine bar offers casual, yet elegant surroundings with an exciting menu concept. Located one block north of Main street in Grand Junction, guests can stop in and enjoy the sharing plate menu or a traditional dining experience with an ever-changing, eclectic, seasonal menu. Sharing plates of lobster mac and cheese, Ahi eggrolls, deconstructed shrimp taco or full entrée to include Black Angus New York Strip, Roast Rack of Lamb, House made Squid Ink Pasta as well as Sweet Potato Agnolotti, Vegetarian and gluten free items and fresh fish that is flown in twice a week from Honolulu. 626 features over 40 wines by the glass with the list done in "flights". Come for lunch and have a half glass! Burgers, organic salads, creative sandwiches are served six days a week. If you have a special request whether it dietary or occasion, just give us a call.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
626 on Rood...Modern American Cuisine and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Grand Junction ›
626 on Rood...Modern American Cuisine and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)special occasion (24)notable wine list (19)romantic (15)neighborhood gem (13)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Awesome birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014I made a reservation at 626 on Rood for my boyfriend's birthday during a weekend stay in Grand Junction. Our experience was above and beyond what I expected. We were greeted at the door with a 'happy birthday' right away. They printed special menus saying "Happy Birthday Tyler" at the top. The meal was all around fantastic. The service was excellent, great suggestions and all our needs were met before we even asked. The food was amazing! There was even a birthday dessert at the end, complete with a sparkler. I was so thrilled with our evening. I will definitely be back to 626 on Rood. There are many restaurants where you can get great food and service, but not many that go the extra mile to make your experience special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hightlight in Grand JunctionChrisDined on 9/21/2014We were twice there with a group and it was really a pleasure. All participants were very satisfied with the quality of food and the wine list was excellent. We will come back. Thanks for these great dinners to the team and Theo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fantastic celebration!LizandMikeDined on 9/21/2014626 Rood came through for our 24th wedding anniversary in style. Excellent food and incredible wine flights made the celebration complete. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointedDutchDined on 9/19/2014Small table, large plates and small portions. All the courses were served at the same time. When we asked the server to bring the courses one at a time after we decided on our wine she argued it was our fault for ordering the full meal at one. Food was fine, but the felling of being hurried made the overall experience disappointing for what seems a unique kind of restaurant.Special Features:
- Slow serviceSteveTVIPDined on 9/19/2014Wasn't really busy, but the service was slow in our opinion. Food was just okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service in town!CinosDined on 9/11/2014Always feel like we're the only table in the restaurant. They treat us like they would family; attentive, fun and make our experience wonderful each visit. Service, wine list and food is second to none in Grand Junction!Special Features:
- Great food in Grand JunctionLLoveDined on 8/19/2014We really enjoyed the wine flights; very festive! Our server was attentive, helpful and friendly. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingchrism989Dined on 8/15/2014Food, wine,service all above average. Would defiantly recommend you will not be disappointedSpecial Features:
- Always WonderfulPolarmountainguyDined on 8/8/2014626 is always provides the best food, service, and dinning atmosphere. Without a doubt, 626 is the best restaurant in Grand Junction and the Grand Valley Area! I highly recommend it to all!!Special Features:
- liketoeatsushiVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is the second time we have dined at 626 on Rood, both times for lunch. We make sure we can enjoy a meal there every time we are visiting Grand Junction. Some people go to certain restaurants because they especially like how something is prepared, well, my husband saves his appetite for the 626 Burger accompanied by the saffron mayonnaise. This time I sampled the soup of the day, a chilled summer squash, very refreshing and added a spinach salad. We shared the All American natural hotdog and each had room for dessert. Definitely save room for the dark chocolate sorbet and the Lavender Lemon Creme Brulee. We will most assuredly come back again the next time we are in the area. I should also mention the service was excellent, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this restaurant1BuonGustoBobVIPDined on 8/7/2014We were passing through and spent the night in Grand Junction, having a quiet dinner at 626 on Rood! What a wonderful find!! We felt like we were dining in a fine restaurant in San Francisco. The food was outstanding. The entire staff was energetic and very service oriented. The Caprese salad was the best we had ever had, the lamb chops and the roast pork loin were cooked perfectly, the flavors of the preparations were creative and delicious. We ate every bite with relish. The homemade ice cream was the crowning finish, all I can say is I wish I lived in Grand Junction, we would eat there as often as possible.Great dining experience!Special Features:
- Best in GJPrguyDined on 8/1/2014626 on Rood is absolutely our favorite place to eat in Grand Junction. Fresh ingredient, great wine list, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely surpriseTravelinTexansDined on 7/25/2014This is the second time we have eaten at 626. Both times were a delight. The atmosphere is quietly elegant and the service is excellent - attentive but not intrusive. The food is fresh and much is locally grown. We had a crab appetizer this time that was tasty. My husband had the salad with duck breast both times and it was great. I had the spinach salad with Asiago. He had the steak, which was done exactly as requested, and I had the squid ink pasta (made on site) with scallops. Both were delicious. The wine selection is extensive and includes some local vintages. Grand Junction has some good non-chain restaurants, but we feel 626 is the best, and will continue to visit it each time we visit or are passing through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 626 always a delightponygirlprincess8Dined on 7/18/2014626 always delivers beautifully prepared meals and although the wait staff isn't old enough to be "impeccable", they are always well trained and very friendly. We love the menu choices, wine list and accommodating service at 626 and will continue to enjoy special occasion meals with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.SimpleisgoodDined on 7/11/2014Better than any dining spot in Denver or Boulder. Perfect from all aspects. 3 for 3 each time we head to Lake Powell we at there and no negatives. Best fresh fish, lamb and beef. The local produce, fruits and wines make it more special. Hope they do not fade into mediocrity.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/7/2014Great Meal as always. The best restaurant between Denver and Las Vegas. Don't miss it if you are anywhere nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experienceEdwinDined on 7/5/2014I have eaten at 626 multiple times and this time took some friends we dine with regularly who had not been there. We enjoyed our experience and will be back again! You can't go wrong with their foie gras and the fresh tomato salad was over the top, obviously highlighted by the fresh local heirloom's. The fresh fish entrée was cooked perfectly and really good. My wife had the squid ink pasta with scallops and was my favorite of the table!Special Features:
- Best Food in Grand JunctionJohnDined on 6/13/2014Despite being tucked away on Rood downtown, 626 Rood is by far the best dining experience in Grand Junction. The food is absolutely amazing, freshly sourced, and attention to details make this a don't miss for the foodie or those wanting a top notch meal. Portions are ample without being large (or too small for that matter), and the staff make everyone feel special. Love this place, cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- AnniversaryClydeDined on 6/7/2014We have celebrated many of our wedding anniversaries at 626, but this year was exceptional in all areas. The fresh vegetables beginning with the salad through the main course were perfect. The wine selections that always include something new were also a highlight. Overall the evening was one to remember.Special Features:
- Loved the avacado ice creamFoodiegirlDined on 6/3/2014The owner was behind the bar and seemed to work harder than anyone. Service was friendly, and informed. Did feel that being a single diner I was expected to sit at the bar. The wine was overpriced for a small pour.Special Features:
- The following 255 reviews are from the 626 on Rood...Modern American Cuisine and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Grand Junction gemEdwinDined on 5/24/2014I've eaten at 626 multiple times. Each time I go I'm not disappointed. They always have some new menu items and the preparation is always great. Their Pomegranate Manhattan is excellent! Lots of great wines by the glass too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceDrmickjrVIPDined on 5/20/2014This restaurant features innovative, well-prepared food, including small plates for sharing. Everything we tried was delicious. Great for wine lovers as they have a large and varied selection of wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodfuturzDined on 5/3/2014My wife and I both ordered the pork tenderloin. Best tenderloin we have ever had!! We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a better spot in GJ for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014We enjoyed ourselves this past Sunday for Easter brunch at 626. Food was delicious, service (as always) was fantastic and since the weather was beautiful we were able to sit outside on the patio and enjoy the sunshine. We love the fact that when we bring our 3 year old to 626 she can have a nice selection of well prepared "kid's food" instead of the typical fried food and burgers you find at other restaurants. She had grilled free range chicken with peas and carrots and since it was Easter they added some jelly beans as a treat for her. Quick tip...they do not offer high chairs or booster seats. So be prepared or you will end up holding your young ones while they eat.Special Features:
- Great food - great locationjerweeDined on 4/18/2014Always great food, and the atmosphere at 626 is great. Menu is always changing with great choices and specials.Special Features:
- Our meat entrees were excellent--LateSeviceVIPDined on 4/5/2014Our meat entrees were excellent-- rack of lamb, pork tenderloin, and beef tenderloin. However, the beet salad lacked pizazz. We did not order from the tasting menu as it was not well-balanced. Our wine selection turned out to be just so-so, but to be fair we did not follow the waitress recimmendation. We have enjoyed their wine flights in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerDevilynneDined on 4/5/2014Amazing Food,Wine and Ambience! we will be back again!!Special Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2014I love coming to 626 on Rood for the ambiance, amazing food and if you are a "wine-o" you will love the extensive list of wines the Wine Director Brenda provides. This is definitely my go-to for special occasions. Love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the way Grand Junction gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/20/2014Enter with great expectations--you won't be disappointed. Our guests from India were amazed at the offerings.Special Features:
- A gourmet gem!!ConsistentVIPDined on 3/16/2014What a find, driving through Grand Junction on our way back to Carbondale when we blindly made this reservation on open table. 626 on Rood, was not in the bustling old city area, but that didn't matter at all. The ambiance, decor, and details, down to the olive hand cream in their luxurious bathrooms, made this place worth our stop even if we had to go out of our way. Then the food and wine was served to perfection, leaving us practically licking our plates. From breads to dessert, the chef had our tastebud's full attention. We can't wait to drive the 2 hours to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 626tmorrisDined on 3/15/2014This restaurant was excellent. The service was attentive but not intrusive. The menu was varied and inventive. The wine list consisted of flights of wine and also wine by the glass or bottle. We choose a flight to start off with ( three half glasses each ) , followed by a bottle of wine. Very nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MealdenvergirlVIPDined on 3/12/2014Good, not great. My salad was excellent, blueberry martini excellent. Lobster mac and cheese good flavor but very little lobster in the dish. The white cake was dry and flavorless. Others in my party enjoyed their food, so perhaps I just made bad menu choices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in Grand Junctionmaude6971Dined on 3/5/2014626 on Rood is a gem. The food is outstanding and the wine list pretty great. I would recommend you stop in if your in the area. This is a must.Special Features:
- Best in Grand JunctionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2014Lovely restaurant with great food and awesome wines by the glass. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best in this countysandyDined on 2/15/2014Our Experienced At 626 ROod Continue To Impress. The Food Is always Beautifully presented And Delicious. The Salads Are Always Fresh And The appetizeRs Are A Great Variety And So Tasty. I Enjoy Trying Different Wines, So The Flights Are Perfect. The Only Complaint I Might, No, Definitely Do Have Is We Never Have RoomFor Dessert. Next Time We're Starting With Dessert And Maybe Skip the Entree All Together.:). We've EAten There Several Times And Intend To Return There For Our 25Th Anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best eats in GJOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Excellent and brilliant food and wine! Fresh ingredients, care for the food, and friendly service make this the favorite restaurant in Grand Junction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, food undercooked!RaveVIPDined on 2/14/2014Maybe it was the Valentine Day crowd that overwhelmed them. Even so, there is no excuse for slow service and then finally getting your meal not done the way it was requested. We were so famished by the time we got our meal it was too late to complain.Special Features:
- first time wonderful restaurant;gus2gusVIPDined on 2/14/2014first time wonderful restaurant; food was fantastic and the service was excellent. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceKrisDined on 2/14/2014The food was outstanding, by far one of the best dinners. Wine selection and martini's are among the best in town. I highly recommend this restaurant for an evening out. Be prepared to spend some money, but you get what you pay for. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World class performancebballyDined on 2/7/2014Service is superb. Food is fantastic. Great vibe in this restaurant. I would say this is one of the top restaurants in the state.Special Features: