62 Restaurant & Wine Bar
62 Wharf Street
Salem, MA 01970Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
62 Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.62restaurant.com/
- Phone: 9787440062
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Lounge/cocktails until 12. Sunday Dinner 5pm-9pm Lounge/cocktails until 10.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Antonio Bettencourt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are available for catering private events. Please call Tony at 978.744.0062 to inquire
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room that can accommodate parties of up to 30 people. Perfect for corporate meetings, bridal showers, rehearsal dinners etc.
- Private Party Contact: Antonio Bettencourt 9787440062
A word from 62 Restaurant & Wine Bar
62 Restaurant & Wine Bar is a modern Italian restaurant and Wine Bar serving contemporary versions of rustic Italian cuisine in downtown Salem. Chef Antonio Bettencourt and his team are dedicated to using the best locally-sourced, all natural ingredients in season and at the peak of flavor. The cooking at 62 shows true soul and a dedication to the “craft” of cooking. 62 is perfect for the wine lover. Our List showcases the wines of the world chosen especially to match our original and distinctive cuisine. Our cool and seductive bar and lounge are the perfect setting to start your night with one of our signature cocktails and martinis which feature fresh juices and house made purees. Relax and enjoy our full menu or just sample our Antipasti or handmade pastas while sipping one of our daring cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
62 Restaurant & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Salem, MA ›
62 Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)neighborhood gem (52)special occasion (45)romantic (38)notable wine list (35)vibrant bar scene (14)good for groups (11)hot spot (11)scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- what happenedsteveDined on 9/12/2014Have been here many times before and loved it. Even rated 4/5 stars now went friday night and service was awful, arugula salad cut way back. NOT going back for a long while
- great pickrockinrVIPDined on 9/11/2014food consistently good and amazingly fresh. if you live nearby worth checking out. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful EveningSalemChasDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I visited 62 for our anniversary. We used to go here a lot but haven't visited in the past year or so. The food, always great, didn't disappoint. My cod dish was easily the best I've ever eaten, and I've eaten a lot of fish. My wife's lobster parpadelle was out of this world. Home made pasta with a delicious sauce and lobster roasted in the shell. Service was very professional, attentive to our needs but not intrusive. The waitress knew the wine list well and helped us pair a great wine to our meals. We were well filled after our entrees and didn't order dessert, but a delicious slice of flourless chocolate torte with house made hazelnut gelato arrived, with a candle, complements of the house. All in all, a great eveningSpecial Features:
- Lovely Dining ExperienceWoodeyeDined on 9/3/2014We arrived when 62 was opening, so we had the place to ourselves, initially. The hostess and servers were all both personal and professional. Service was relaxed and attentive. Food was outstanding! A most enjoyable evening, despite the relatively long drive from Portsmouth, NH.Special Features:
- Just awesome!Luv2play10Us2VIPDined on 8/31/201462 is one of those places that has great food AND great cocktails!! They are the whole package!!Special Features:
- Great experience.macos13Dined on 8/31/2014I brought two people who had never been there before and they loved it. I did too, but of course knew it would be good. I had been there last week with my brother, who was visiting from Buffalo. I wanted to take him and two friends to a restaurant that they would be impressed with. They certainly were. The whole experience -- service, wines, and dinner--was so good that when I needed a good place to go with my other friends, I knew where to go.Special Features:
- Great food!khlaDined on 8/30/2014Had the most amazing appetizer - squash blossoms filled with crab and lightly battered and fried. The preserved lemon dressing was amazing! Also loved that you can order appetizer sized pasta dishes or larger entree size - always a plus in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It has been betteroregonianDined on 8/30/2014We have dated at the 62 several times. Most recently in August 2014. The service and ambiance is lovely and welcoming. The food which is locally sourced is very fresh. Our stuffed squash blossoms were lovely, as was the beef. However the pasta with lobster with some pieces in shell for no clear reason was odd and not up to standards.Special Features:
- Just goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Some food was awesome. Some food was meh. Averaged out it was good food. Service was generally good. Somewhat disappointing due to high reviews... but would likely go back.Special Features:
- Awesome Dining Experiencednags23Dined on 8/24/2014This was our second visit to 62. This gem is a warm and cozy place in Pickering Wharf. The food is nothing short of outstanding. The freshly-made pasta with bolognase is amazing (ordered the larger portion as an entree vice the smaller "secondi" course). Great drink selection as well. ANd if you save room for dessert, order the toffee pudding! Our server was great - very knowledgeable and attentive. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKZfoodieDined on 8/22/2014Food was amazing we had zucchini blossoms, calamari and pizza for appetizers. Bolognese pasta was delicious also had lobster pasta dish which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice anniversary dinnerSalemResidentDined on 8/16/2014We really enjoyed dining here for our anniversary. The food was mostly a-ma-zing! My duck was cooked more than I had asked but it still tasted great and was tender. My husband's fish was a little tough, but still tasted good. Everything else (we did 4 courses) was PERFECT. The kind of perfect where you make little mmmm noises as you eat. The cocktails were great, as was the wine pairing suggested by our waitress. I definitely want to come back, even if it's just to get cocktails and appetizers at the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentgewdfoodDined on 8/15/2014Great food and very attentive wait staff. A little cramped in the dining room but the food made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedNot2impressedDined on 8/15/2014While the food was flavorful, and atmosphere cozy, servings were small and way overpriced. Menu very limited. Not a great pour on my 13$ glass of wine!!Special Features:
- Good flavors, mediocre prepSuGanDined on 8/10/2014My experience at 62 was good, though I enjoyed it more than the 4 people dining with me. Comments at the table were: not enough lobster in the tagliatelle/lobster dish, not enough calamari in the grilled calamari appetizer, the cod was overcooked, the puttanesca was delicious but overpowered the sole, the wild mushroom app was delicious, overall not a good value. Generally, the flavors were good but the ratio of meat to carb was too low (on the meat) and the preparation wasn't up to par (fish overcooked for example). Though it is one of the better Salem wharf restaurants and I would come back, there are better restaurants in nearby towns to choose from.Special Features:
- Excellent!jaycDined on 8/9/2014Ingrid an outstanding/ we've been lucky to have her the 4x we've been here. Very knowledgeable, friendly and customer focused! When she found out we were there and had requested her (again) she served us complimentary champagne! The ambiance is great, bar is quaint. Food is delicious. Kudos to Ingrid! Because of her, this is my new favorite in Salem!
- Excellent gluten free menuMelssaMC82Dined on 8/8/2014The ambience was very chic and sophisticated. The pastas were homemade and fresh. I had the a gluten free pasta dish with braised duck, cherries and kale. An unlikely combination but very delicious. The appetizers were a unique combination of flavors. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Go for the food and ambiance tooHookedDined on 8/2/2014Positive reviews led us here and we will happily return and recommend to others. The food was very good. Our only complaint was that our steak was a bit too marbled for our tastes, but everything else was spot on. The portions are small, compared to most restaurants these days, so don't be afraid to order multiple courses and try things out. The ambiance has a dark-wood, dim-lighting, upscale feel that you often get in nicer restaurants. Dress accordingly as this is a fancier night out for adults but not shirt and tie stiff. We went without our kids and wouldn't recommend bringing them unless they are very well behaved and enjoy adult foods. Budget about $125-150 per couple if you have multiple courses, a few drinks and leave a 20% tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerbrittDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I just moved to the neighborhood and needed to find a place to celebrate our 1st anniversary. 62 had been recommended by a few different locals, and it did not disappoint! We had a reservation at 8pm and were seated immediately. I had mentioned on our reservation that it was our anniversary and they brought us complimentary champagne once we were seated - which was such a lovely gesture! The food was absolutely incredible. We had the zucchini blossoms, gnocchi and duck and for dessert the toffee cake; every last bite was delicious. The service was awesome as well! I just really can't say enough good things about this place. We will be back for sure!Special Features:
- SalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014My daughter recently moved to Salem and we were looking for a nice dining experience. So we read a couple of the reviews and decided to book a reservation for a Saturday evening dinner. We were not disappointed. This chef knows what he is doing. An excellent blend of small plates and complete dinners. A fine wine list, although a buy the glass pour should be more than a small 3 ounce size. Pastas, entrees, specials and desserts were all first rate. Service staff was knowledgeable, courteous and efficient. We will be coming back and often.Special Features:
- Good food but poor wine serviceRossoDined on 7/16/2014Food as usual was excellent. Tuna crudo was delicious. Pastas excellent. Problem is their wine service. Waitress had to ask 3 times "what we ordered again"... She then brought the bottle and started opening it without showing us the bottle first -- of course it was the wrong wine. The supertuscan we ordered was refrigerator (not "wine cellar") cold. Finally, the after dinner drink brought was also wrong, and the waitress was again oblivious to what we ordered - and obviously untrained. A shame for an otherwise good place. Btw, also misleading is what they call a "quartino". This is supposed to be a 1/4 of a liter or 1/3 of a bottle. Their quartino is simply a glass.Special Features:
- OutstandingOuttatownerDined on 7/6/2014Perhaps the best meal I've had there in several visits over the last few years. Had a dish of striped bass over roasted corn and tomatoes. Absolutely fabulous - succulent, juicy, flavorful, smoky. Really cooked to perfection. the veggies were very tasty and could have stood alone as a side dish or appetizer on their own. Our 'tizers of chick pea fritters and grilled calamari, and fried squash blossoms were flavorful and surprising. Dessert was our stand-by toffee cake and an apple-rhubarb tart. It was a truly memorable meal.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian CuisineLovetohikeVIPDined on 7/3/2014Agnoloti melt in your mouth, brocolli rabe stimulate the taste buds and the stuffed zucchini flowers are mouthwateringly good. This is one of our favorite restaurants on the North Shore. We particularly like it because it has several vegetarian options.Special Features:
- fun for friendsmangeDined on 6/29/2014So enjoyed the dinner with out of state friends. Terrific food, great (and good looking) service and nice no-rush atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The GentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/201462 on the wharf offers an excellent venue for a private dinner or dinner in a group. Our server Ingrid was attentive and very professional. My wife and I had dinner there for our 45th anniversary and we received complimentary coffee, dessert, and apertif. We had a great evening not rushed, dinner took 3 hours, everything was how it should be in an unscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014Really appreciated the attention and help from staff re food allergies of one in our partySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JennyDined on 6/26/2014The food was excellent, and we appreciated being seated in a somewhat private corner, but that meant our view was of the parking lot. By no means the restaurant's fault, but it was the only thing we didn't like about our experience. Attentive service, food was delicious and well-paced (again, appreciated) and were I in Salem again I would happily return.Special Features:
- 62 ReviewDenise27Dined on 6/26/2014Usually a great experience but an off night. Service was slow and food wasn't prepared as asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome all around!MichelleDined on 6/21/2014The food was incredible, the place itself was wonderful! The staff is considerate and helpful, by no means do they rush you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingeasytopleaseDined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed the whole experience at 62. Service throughout the evening was attentive without being intrusive. Food choices were interesting, with some unique and some traditional options. We shared 3 pasta dishes, and all were woth trying. I favored the papardelle with lobster, my husband the night's special pasta, short rib ravioli. Though not familiar with Salem restaurants, we're guessing that this is among the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth a return visit!NanaVIPDined on 6/20/2014Great menu with a variety of food prepared well. Not a cookie cutter menu. Give it a try - I don't think you will be disappointed. We will definitely be back. We had excellent service, as well - attentive but not in your face.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite!tam27Dined on 6/14/2014Great food, great service, great place. The squash blossoms and toffee pudding are truly gems!Special Features:
- Unbelievably good!MarcoVIPDined on 6/12/2014I have been going to this restaurant for 5 years now and, amazingly enough, it is always a pleasant surprise! Dishes are masterfully prepared! The menu has often new things to offer that along with a few specials make our visit a new dining experience every time! And, if you get to meet Tony, the chef owner, your night will be even more special! It is also a great place for a quick bite at the bar. Jeremy, the bar tender, will satisfy any drink request!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So So and $$$$PickyEaterDined on 6/7/2014Kinda pricey menu and wine list. Very close seating. So we found the table next to us listening to our conversation. I had the $26 ravioli. Never again. Sorry 62!Special Features:
- Tasty in SalemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014The food was excellent. Wonderfully fresh oysters and perfectly prepared pasta, fish, steak, and asparagus. Great selection of wines as well. Very nice service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDavid22HDined on 6/5/2014Great food, excellent atmosphere and wonderful service...Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2014A really enjoyable dinner again at 62. Will definitely keep them on the short list of local options. Interesting apps, great housemade pastas and sauces, and well-prepared entrees. Not to mention a good wine selection. One thing I miss though is the mortadella app from the early days - but I can see how that would be labor intensive and add to overall costs - perhaps as an occasional special app? In any case, keep up the good work 62 - see you again!Special Features:
- All goodjr2204VIPDined on 5/30/2014We had only small plates at 62, but all of them were delicious: succulent grilled calamari, tasty fried Brussels sprouts, nice pork belly, and wonderful garganelli pasta with duck. Very good wines by the glass, good bread, attentive service -- all in all, a place to return to.Special Features:
- Fantastic MealMompreneurDined on 5/30/2014We had not been to 62 Restaurant in a few years and we were completely wowed by our experience on Friday evening! Delicious cocktails. Innovative starters. Yummy homemade pasta. Beautifully executed entrees. Our entire party was so pleased -- including grandparents and two elementary school aged kids (who ordered small plates of pasta off the menu which were perfect for them).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodloriDined on 5/24/2014This is not your normal Italian restaurant with spaghetti and meatballs. It instead has delicious dishes like braised pork belly, grilled calamari, and also the best handmade pastas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.