62 Restaurant & Wine Bar
62 Wharf Street
Salem, MA 01970Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
62 Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.62restaurant.com/
- Phone: (978) 744-0062
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Lounge/cocktails until 12. Sunday Dinner 5pm-9pm Lounge/cocktails until 10.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Antonio Bettencourt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are available for catering private events. Please call Tony at 978.744.0062 to inquire
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room that can accommodate parties of up to 30 people. Perfect for corporate meetings, bridal showers, rehearsal dinners etc.
- Private Party Contact: Antonio Bettencourt 9787440062
A word from 62 Restaurant & Wine Bar
62 Restaurant & Wine Bar is a modern Italian restaurant and Wine Bar serving contemporary versions of rustic Italian cuisine in downtown Salem. Chef Antonio Bettencourt and his team are dedicated to using the best locally-sourced, all natural ingredients in season and at the peak of flavor. The cooking at 62 shows true soul and a dedication to the “craft” of cooking. 62 is perfect for the wine lover. Our List showcases the wines of the world chosen especially to match our original and distinctive cuisine. Our cool and seductive bar and lounge are the perfect setting to start your night with one of our signature cocktails and martinis which feature fresh juices and house made purees. Relax and enjoy our full menu or just sample our Antipasti or handmade pastas while sipping one of our daring cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
62 Restaurant & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Salem, MA ›
62 Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (70)special occasion (56)neighborhood gem (56)romantic (49)notable wine list (35)good for groups (12)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (6)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great find...!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/23/2014Innovative menu, well executed, and great service. Started with the grilled calamari and tuna crudo appetizers. More than enough to share between 2 people. Grilled calamari is a rare treat on restaurant menus and this was done to perfection. Same with the tuna crudo. We also shared to half portions of pasta dishes (LOVE that they offer half servings!). All pasta is made on premise, and I read recently in North Shore Magazine that the chef has perfected his own gluten free pasta recipe. We shared the butternut squash tortellini and the garganelli with duck, kale and an exquisite sauce. Servers were efficient, unobtrusive, and very knowledgeable about the menu. Looking forward to a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AverageRamjamDined on 11/20/2014The food was okay, not anything to brag about. My biggest problem was the service. Our waitress was wonderful but the young man who brought our food and took our plates and silverware away was a little too attentive. My husband was still working on his appetizer when the young man took his plate and silverware without even asking if he was done. It became almost comical and we felt like we had to protect our utensils. The highlight of the night was dessert. The toffee pudding is to die for. I found 62 to be an average restaurant and will definitely not rush to go back.Special Features:
- Phenomenal food, service and atmosphereCatieDined on 11/19/2014Phenomenal food service and atmosphere. Had our two year old with us and they were great with him. We had one of the best meals of our life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceSalemfoodieDined on 11/18/2014As usual, the service and the food at 62 was exceptional. Each course was creative and delicious and we thought the salmon was the best we've ever had. We left satisfied and couldn't wait to tell those who haven't been. We have never had anything but a great memorable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert is the bestjinx96Dined on 11/16/2014I went there at about 6p & the place was somewhat full customers. My first course was the pork terrine with pickles & hot mustard....yummy. My second course was the Bibb salad with bacon....yummy. My third course was the salmon, delicious. Of a course I got the warm toffee pudding for dessert, melts in your mouth. Service was great. Everyone was asking if everything was okay & if we needed something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service were terrificladoofyerDined on 11/15/2014We had been to this restaurant a few years ago and enjoyed it. I had forgotten about it, and found it again on a search of restaurants in Salem. We were a party of 4, each ordered something different and everything was delicious. I can't wait to go back and try another dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerGoodfoodiesDined on 11/15/2014The bar area was a little noisy. Quieter once we took our seats. Our table was tucked up against the wall giving one of us only a view of the wall. The service was outstanding and the food was delicious. My boneless ribeye was cooked perfectly to medium rare. The squash ravioli and brussel sprouts were very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week PickSuzyQDined on 11/13/2014My husband and I dined in during Restaurant Week. The menu looked enticing and prices moderate compared to their regular menu prices. We ordered the pasta entree, which was Homemade Pappardelle with salsa Bolognese. I thought the entree size was a bit small. I ordered the lamb, which wasn't too small but I didn't appreciated the $5 surcharge for a basic Lamb Tagine with couscous. Our reservation was for 6 p.m. so it was on the early side. A small number of diners were present and conversation levels were low. Waiters scurried quietly bringing needed items and these included rather good sliced bread that we gratefully accepted refills on twice. I live here in Salem so it was not too far to drive too and parking was easily found. I think that based on the prices and entree/plate portion sizes we won't be regulars here. I came a couple of years ago for a free wine tasting series they offered which I thought was outstanding. Wines were paired with appetizers and the price was perfect in my book. They haven't repeated this special event since then and for that I am sorry. Salem is a working class community and many people cannot afford to dine here but a wine tasting would be just the ticket for someone who would like to have a special night out and not regret the decision the day after. I would recommend the restaurant only for special events, such as graduations, anniversaries, retirement celebrations and other private happenings. I don't think they have the seating capacity for large parties. The atmosphere is formal and it is a great spot for a first date as the invited party would be most impressed by this choice. But, for a regular dining go-to spot, I would pass on 62 Restaurant & Wine Bar as it is not your mom and pop establishment and it is not meant to be such. I did not see the chef come out and ask diners how dinner was as you would see in typical mom and pop ristorante in Italy. Food-wise, if you want a taste of Italy this is it .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 62 on the Wharf was excellent. choice!nancyemmaDined on 11/13/201462 on the Wharf is an amazing restaurant. The dining room is beautiful and the noise level is very low. Their menu offers choices from meat to vegan, all done in different ways, always delicious. I had the stuffed squash for my main course. It was out of this world. (I could have gone back the next night and got it again.) There is something for everyone. do not forget the Toffee cake at the end. WOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious neighborhood gemMDOANE007Dined on 11/11/2014Fun, creative menu as first-time there during restaurant week. Roasted salmon filet with pan-fried brussels sprouts, with pancetta and capers was quite tasty along with bibb lettuce, crumbled bacon, tomatoes & ranch dressing. The lemon drop martini was divine and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceMJLMOMDined on 11/9/2014We took advantage of the restaurant week specials and had the arachini, Bibb salad and the bolognese- very delicious! The toffee pudding was good but very sweet. It was a great bargain for the high quality food and service. The service there is always spectacular and the best we have experienced! The cocktails were great. This restaurant has it all and does everything just right. Restaurant week was great, but it's worth the money for the regular menu , too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite restaurants!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014My husband and I choose 62 over and an over for our special occasion meals. This latest trip was no exception. Great updates to the menu since our last visit, excellent service, cozy romantic atmosphere.Special Features:
- great little spotMMaryYDined on 11/7/2014Love this place. Great service, quaint, great ambiance, friendly staff, creative cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've said this before....Luv2play10Us2VIPDined on 11/1/2014I don't know how they do it! They are the whole package!! Food, cocktails and service. My only regret is that you are not closer to where I live.Special Features:
- Absolutely perfect!Munkustrap178Dined on 10/26/2014I am a big foodie, and I eat out often. This restaurant has everything. Impeccable service, delicious cocktails and wine, and creative, astounding food. You must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing and Elegant!EnthusiastDined on 10/23/2014My brother and I came here for dinner while in Salem.. We LOVED it. They have a vast wine list, which I really enjoyed. My brother has a gluten allergy so we asked for a gluten free menu if they had it; it was almost as large as the regular menu! They serve most of their pasta dishes in a gluten-free form and even offered gluten-free beer. The appetizer we chose was excellent. It was deep fried chick peas, I believe. They served it with some sort of marinade made from dates, which was also amazing. My pasta dish was called the Garganelli, it has pine nuts, duck breast, and cranberries with a savory sauce. Everything we ate there was amazing and we will definitely be returning when we visit Salem next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceMelissaDined on 10/19/2014Food is amazing, wine list is great, and the service was perfect. Relaxing dinner with just enough time between starters and the main course to be able to enjoy your food. Server was super nice and accommodating. Overall a great experience and I will be back to try everything on the menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Waiter was very nice, but had too many tables to wait on.. or so it seemed. HAd to get waiter attention for drinks, dessert menu, etc.Special Features:
- Very Special !MilaukrisDined on 10/14/2014Unusual to find a restaurant consistently at the top of their game in all areas, food , wine and service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!GarretDined on 10/11/2014We turn to 62 every time we are in the area. Great menu! We love this place.Special Features:
- Upscale restaurant in SalempickyvegetarianDined on 10/11/2014Very nice place closer to the water than town central which we liked. A little less congested in this area. Great food selection and we chose a variety and were not disappointed by anything. The food was amazing! Wait staff was friendly and well equipped to answer all questions and make suggestions. Reservations are a good thing. A great find on this trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodMalloryDined on 10/5/2014It's always hard to decide what to eat here, but no matter what it's always excellent. The cocktails are especially good - so treat yourself!Special Features:
- Very tasty modern ItalianpaulsailorDined on 9/28/2014Great little place out in Salem , really tasty modern Italian food , all three main course dishes excellent . Definitely would recommendSpecial Features:
- Italian Tapasjmf1Dined on 9/27/2014Gluten free pasta offered and cooked to perfection but was disappointed with the lobster and accompanying. Really enjoyed the chick pea fritters and the glazed shortribs. There was nothing special about the broccoli rabe or mushrooms although good. The restaurant was nice and quiet and service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect from start to finishfoodiemamaDined on 9/26/2014Great food, staff and atmosphere. Romantic yet relaxing environment with to die for menu items!Special Features:
- Amazing every timeCbearDined on 9/17/2014I have been here a few times now and haven't had a bad meal yet! I've gone for drinks and small plates with the girls, and have also been with my parents who claim this is "the best resturants they've ever eaten in" The staff is so friendly as well. Can't go wrong at 62Special Features:
- Nice Restaurant, but...............LoralieDined on 9/13/2014I was very impressed and pleased with the service, but I thought the food was too expensive for the amount I received! I got the pasta dish with chunks of lobster which were very good, but for the $15.00 dish I only got 4 pieces of lobster which was ridiculous!!! I know I got the smaller portion of this dish, but I didn't fill up on the pasta so I was disappointed when I was hungry an hour later!!! This was with dessert!!! The food is very good, dessert and drinks included, but I think this dish should have had more than 4 pieces of lobster in it.Special Features:
- what happenedsteveVIPDined on 9/12/2014Have been here many times before and loved it. Even rated 4/5 stars now went friday night and service was awful, arugula salad cut way back. NOT going back for a long while
- great pickrockinrVIPDined on 9/11/2014food consistently good and amazingly fresh. if you live nearby worth checking out. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful EveningSalemChasDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I visited 62 for our anniversary. We used to go here a lot but haven't visited in the past year or so. The food, always great, didn't disappoint. My cod dish was easily the best I've ever eaten, and I've eaten a lot of fish. My wife's lobster parpadelle was out of this world. Home made pasta with a delicious sauce and lobster roasted in the shell. Service was very professional, attentive to our needs but not intrusive. The waitress knew the wine list well and helped us pair a great wine to our meals. We were well filled after our entrees and didn't order dessert, but a delicious slice of flourless chocolate torte with house made hazelnut gelato arrived, with a candle, complements of the house. All in all, a great eveningSpecial Features:
- Lovely Dining ExperienceWoodeyeDined on 9/3/2014We arrived when 62 was opening, so we had the place to ourselves, initially. The hostess and servers were all both personal and professional. Service was relaxed and attentive. Food was outstanding! A most enjoyable evening, despite the relatively long drive from Portsmouth, NH.Special Features:
- Just awesome!Luv2play10Us2VIPDined on 8/31/201462 is one of those places that has great food AND great cocktails!! They are the whole package!!Special Features:
- Great experience.macos13Dined on 8/31/2014I brought two people who had never been there before and they loved it. I did too, but of course knew it would be good. I had been there last week with my brother, who was visiting from Buffalo. I wanted to take him and two friends to a restaurant that they would be impressed with. They certainly were. The whole experience -- service, wines, and dinner--was so good that when I needed a good place to go with my other friends, I knew where to go.Special Features:
- Great food!khlaDined on 8/30/2014Had the most amazing appetizer - squash blossoms filled with crab and lightly battered and fried. The preserved lemon dressing was amazing! Also loved that you can order appetizer sized pasta dishes or larger entree size - always a plus in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It has been betteroregonianDined on 8/30/2014We have dated at the 62 several times. Most recently in August 2014. The service and ambiance is lovely and welcoming. The food which is locally sourced is very fresh. Our stuffed squash blossoms were lovely, as was the beef. However the pasta with lobster with some pieces in shell for no clear reason was odd and not up to standards.Special Features:
- Just goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Some food was awesome. Some food was meh. Averaged out it was good food. Service was generally good. Somewhat disappointing due to high reviews... but would likely go back.Special Features:
- Awesome Dining Experiencednags23Dined on 8/24/2014This was our second visit to 62. This gem is a warm and cozy place in Pickering Wharf. The food is nothing short of outstanding. The freshly-made pasta with bolognase is amazing (ordered the larger portion as an entree vice the smaller "secondi" course). Great drink selection as well. ANd if you save room for dessert, order the toffee pudding! Our server was great - very knowledgeable and attentive. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKZfoodieDined on 8/22/2014Food was amazing we had zucchini blossoms, calamari and pizza for appetizers. Bolognese pasta was delicious also had lobster pasta dish which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Home CookingLovetohikeVIPDined on 8/20/2014The guests seated next to us said it all: "Even if you choose the wrong item, it's still marvelous." I had the ravioli with wild mushrooms and egg yolk - melted in my mouth. I combined it with Broccoli Rabe - a very generous portion - a good combo. My wife had the zucchini flowers stuffed with crab, which was incredible. We started with a St. Germaine cocktail consisting of Ketel One vodka, Peach Schnapps, Lillet Blanc and St Germaine. It was one of the best martinis we have come across.Special Features:
- Nice anniversary dinnerSalemResidentDined on 8/16/2014We really enjoyed dining here for our anniversary. The food was mostly a-ma-zing! My duck was cooked more than I had asked but it still tasted great and was tender. My husband's fish was a little tough, but still tasted good. Everything else (we did 4 courses) was PERFECT. The kind of perfect where you make little mmmm noises as you eat. The cocktails were great, as was the wine pairing suggested by our waitress. I definitely want to come back, even if it's just to get cocktails and appetizers at the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.