619 Ocean View Restaurant
619 Ponte Vedra Blvd
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082Neighborhood:
Ponte Vedra Beach
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
619 Ocean View Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sawgrassmarriott.com/dining/619_Oceanview.asp
- Phone: 9042856198x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Nick Ocheltree
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from 619 Ocean View Restaurant
Escape to 619 Ocean View at the Cabana Beach Club with breathtaking of the Atlantic Ocean. 619 Ocean View features deliciously memorable dining with a Mediterranean touch through fresh seafood, grilled steaks, and nightly specials. It is considered the perfect dining experience for a romantic dinner for two, business meetings or family get-togethers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
619 Ocean View Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Ponte Vedra Beach ›
619 Ocean View Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (55)special occasion (38)romantic (36)great for outdoor dining (30)fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (10)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Local GemKasparitisDined on 8/23/2014The menu is limited but kept fresh with the offerings. The bib salad was excellent, and other appetizers were well received. The entrees consisted of two scallops, one grouper, and one filet. All were excellent, and the two-side selections were varied and very well presented. Only complaint with the menu/philosophy...under entrees there is a lobster ravioli. One person ordered that and began to select their sides. Server told him that that particular entree doesn't come with sides. Being a little miffed, he switched his selection. WHY? No reason not to have two little sides with a listed entree. Just dumb for a finer dining experience. The brownie dessert was ordinary. The bread pudding with caramelized pecan topping was excellent.Special Features:
- Scallops are the best!MaestroVIPDined on 8/22/2014My wife ordered the scallops for the second time again the where great . I did the order the Wahoo to dry the way the prep the Fish Will not order again. Service was not the best did fell that where pushed to the side and the larger. Party where catered to Even did have to ask 3 times for the bill. However we will be back overall at is great Restaurant?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Trend ContinuesGSJAXBCHVIPDined on 8/17/2014Have been going for quite some time on a regular basis, have endured the renovations to both décor and the menu (lots of changes recently), but, have finally decided it's time to take a long break from the restaurant and see if it will change, might try in 12 months or if I hear good things again. Portions have continuously shrunk and there's more effort on presentation (form) vs. the meal (substance). You take that change, along with an ever increasing pricing plan and just makes this one expensive place to go in order to capture that "ocean view" dining experience. Attached to the Marriott - so - the hotel traffic will probably keep it going, but, it's seemed slower of late when I've dined there so others may have noticed as well.
- photoboyphotoboyDined on 8/9/2014We had not eaten here in years. Since then they have completely revamped their menu, all to the better. The lobster & 5 cheese raviolis, grouper and scallops were world case in imagination, ingredients and preparation. Our waitress, Susan, was knowledgeable about the menu and specials, courteous and readily available for assistance and questions, while remaining unobtrusive. This has now become our go-to restaurant for seafood and Oceanside dining in the South beaches area of Jacksonville.Special Features:
- Perfect experienceGoodrbDined on 8/7/2014Outstanding, food, view and service. I could not thing of anything that needed to be improved on. It was the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great Timeajay364007Dined on 8/2/2014I made reservations for a special occasion and requested a window seat for the views. We were very fortunate to have our request granted and enjoyed peering at the Atlantic ocean during our meal. The scallops were fantastic, the shrimp cocktail was great. Highly recommend the brownie and ice cream for desert. Our server was attentive and enjoyable. Great Time.Special Features:
- Very nice ocean view restaurantfoodsnobDined on 7/31/2014Found a new ocean view restaurant in Ponte Vedra, Fl. -- 619 Ocean View -- which is part of a cabana club. Food was very good -- menu consists mostly of fresh seafood but there are some nice selections for land lovers. Very nice ambiance with great ocean views. Inside and outside dining. Would definitely return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and locationWillphillDined on 7/26/2014Beautiful seaside location with great vistas from the restaurant. The menu was sufficiently varied and the food was excellent. The. staff was very friendly and helpful. Small intimate venue.Special Features:
- Oceanside Dining at its Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/26/2014The view is spectacular in this beachside restaurant on Ponte Vedra Beach and the food and service were equally grand. The menu is creative using fresh caught seafood and in-season fruits and vegetables. If you are lucky enough to find it on the menu the Wahoo au Poivre is delicious . Don't miss the Brussel Sprout Coleslaw- perfectly balanced with dried strawberries and almonds and a light dressing. This is a real find and a reason to make Jacksonville a destination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014nice place. somewhat pricey for portions... very limited wine listSpecial Features:
- Wonderful EveningGreatlocatiinDined on 7/19/2014Thanks for a wonderful evening on the patio!!! Amazing service and great food. Made our parents 80th birthday perfect!!Special Features:
- wonderful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014everything was wonderful--from the view, to the service, the wine, the dinner----absolutely perfect!!Special Features:
- ExcellentExcellentDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I dined here for our first time to celebrate our anniversary. We had a great table for two by the windows facing the beach. Service from start to finish was top notch. We greatly enjoyed the mozzarella and balsamic flat bread and watermelon gazpacho soup of the day. My wife had a perfectly cooked and flavorful filet. I had grilled mahi, which was perfectly cooked. The sides were very good but the sliced fingerling potatoes were the star. For dessert we split a sea salt caramel brownie. The pop of the salt against the chocolate was a wonderful and fun compliment. We look very much forward to returning, not just for special occasions, but multiple times per year.Special Features:
- Great!!DiningOut1Dined on 7/12/2014Great view. Wonderful food, excellent service. Consistently the same!Special Features:
- Great View & FoodSuperbVIPDined on 7/12/2014This is a lovely restaurant - very bright, airy - with view of beach & Atlantic from almost every table. The food is outstanding, particularly the watermelon gespacho, crispy snapper and their salads. We enjoyed the entire experience with friendly and informative staff.Special Features:
- Great view and good foodDebbiegDined on 7/11/2014Pleasant surprise with yummy seafood and ocean view. Scallops were some of the best I have had in a while. Only negative was the limited wine listSpecial Features:
- All good but the fried Green TomatoYale395VIPDined on 7/3/2014Really like this place. Been several times. The food preperation I think was the best that I have experienced here before. One exception was the fried green tomato. Seemed just deep fried with a bit of mushy tomato. The rest was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Florida dining at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Seafood is fresh and artfully presented without detracting from the taste. Thoroughly enjoyed the entire dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal & service!KsbeachnutDined on 6/25/2014We took our out-of-town guests to 619 Ocean, and it was EXCELLENT. This is the third time we've been here, and every time has been outstanding. The scallops were delicious, with just the right amount of light cream sauce. The grouper my husband had was a big hit. Our guests live in Miami, and they commented that this restaurant far surpasses some they've visited in their town - and the ocean view always makes for a pleasurable, relaxing evening. You won't be sorry!Special Features:
- Great Food Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2014This was hands down the best meal i had my entire vacation. I always worry that places with a view lack in taste but this was a beautiful view with great food (the scallops and the grouper were great so were the brussel sprouts and the cabbage). Definitely go!Special Features:
- A Stellar PerformanceFeedbagDined on 6/19/2014Our evening began as we were seated next to one of the windows with a beautiful view of the ocean. We shared a delicious Bibb salad, which was recently added. While 619 has a limited menu (size), everything I've ever had has been perfectly prepared, and tonight was no exception. My wife ordered the grouper and I had the salmon; both were wonderful. The fish, and their accompanying sides, orzo risotto, brussels sprout slaw, haricots vert and fingerling potatoes were all seasoned beautifully. Excellent, attentive service throughout, and a delightful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chill the wine @ 45 per plate..abe3Dined on 6/19/2014Red wine was warm..filet was overcooked..grouper was fishy and the service was choppy at best.
- letseatVIPDined on 6/18/2014This has been and continues to be one of our favorite restaurants. The menu is constantly changing and everything is always excellent. This restaurant has the absolute best ocean view. Servers are friendly very knowledgeable. A great restaurantSpecial Features:
- Awesome viewAnniversaryduoDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I chose to eat here for our 10 year wedding anniversary. Food , staff , location ...!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem.SandyDined on 5/31/2014Great food, lovely interior, fantastic ocean view, excellent service. Hidden gem for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Beach RestaurantLifeZaJourneyDined on 5/28/2014What a beautiful beach restaurant! And the food was delightful! We were not disappointed as we dined at the restaurant for the first time during a visit to Ponte Vedra Beach. 619 Ocean Beach is now one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- boiceschoicesDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I dined here for our wedding anniversary. He immensely enjoyed the surf and turf, a filet minon and Maine lobster tail. Both were cooked to perfection. I chose the scallops, which were delicious and flavorful. Both came with 2 sides, I couldn't tell you what they were called but both were interesting and delicious. The seafood was extremely fresh and it's our understanding the menu changes frequently depending on what is available. The restaurant was comfortable and the staff friendly. As the name implies, there was a nice view of the ocean. We were late arriving so didn't get to enjoy much of the view, come early so you can. Our compliments to the chef.Special Features:
- Met my expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014This was exactly what I thought it would be. The perfect little restaurant for a nice romantic night out with my wife. I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beach DiningBigdaddyinjaxDined on 5/24/2014We had a party of 5 which became a part of 7. They changed the reservation without any problem at all. Our waiter was very attentive and if he was busy with another party, another waitress stepped in when the food was ready to be served. All orders were correct and we had one that was shared and it came already split which was very helpful. Most of us had fish which was very fresh. We were there for a long time and never felt pressured or hurried. Plenty of parking across the street which has a guard. Just tell them you are having dinner. Your can eat outside if you wish.Special Features:
- Best patio in Ponte VedraNatalieKristineDined on 5/21/2014This was such a hidden gem. Totally exceeded our expectations. The fish was amazing, super fresh with delicious sides.Special Features:
- Great views, food & serviceBDLikesToEatDined on 5/16/2014619 is part of the Marriott Sawgrass. It is open to the public and located on the beach. Parking is free across the street. Just need to tell them why you are there. Incredible views overlooking the ocean. The styling of the restaurant is very modern. Very clean and neat. The food is very good, but I wouldn't rate it above that. Our group of 4 all ordered different things. Each of us enjoyed our meals. They gave good size portions of food - not large but appropriate. Prices are a little high. But when you consider the location, service and quality, I think it is appropriately priced. This is a great location for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracious Buffet with an Ocean View!diningout63Dined on 5/11/2014First time here, we thought it was for Members Only! We were pleased to see it listed on Open Table, and we wanted some place with an ocean view. On Mother's Day they had Buffet service, with an Omelet Station with many selections, a Carving Station with Pork Loin and Prime Rib, along with breakfast choices, salads, sides and delicious deserts. The Prime Rib was cooked to perfection, we particularly enjoyed the King Crab Claws and the bottomless Champagne!! The staff was friendly and accommodating, and our server Kelly took good care of us. At the end of the meal each Mother was given a beautiful pink rose. We will definitely be back to sample the regular menu.Special Features:
- overpricedGrumpyVIPDined on 5/11/2014Unfortunately I was expecting lunch with a menu instead it was a brunch and I am not a brunch personSpecial Features:
- Scallops Oh MyNicSVIPDined on 5/10/2014Visiting my parents in Sawgrass for The Players' tournament, our group decided to have a nice dinner on a Saturday at 619 Ocean View. We received a reminder call that day and they let us know a big group would be coming in. We decided to move our dinner up and appreciated the warning since the group did come in as we were leaving and they were noisy! Our table of 5 had a beautiful view and the service was prompt and friendly. 4 of us had the same dish but it did not disappoint, apparently the scallops have been on the menu for some time. We chose brussel sprout slaw with strawberries as a side along with Orza. It was delish. The 5th person in our party had the grouper and loved it. Will def try this place again.Special Features:
- Excellent, delicious sea foodsRyoichiDined on 5/10/2014We have never eaten such delicious sea food in US. Ocean view and excellent taste sea food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 292 reviews are from the 619 Ocean View Restaurant reviews archive.
- Excellent Restaurant and viewletseatVIPDined on 5/4/2014There were four of us for dinner. Three of us had the snapper which was prepared perfectly. My wife had two appetizers. She absolutely loved the scallops. We all had desert and that is not to be missed. The views of the ocean from this restaurant is absolutely the best and the staff is delightfulSpecial Features:
- Great Choice; a must try spot.PeteDined on 4/27/2014Their is no doubt, even though a little pricey, I will eat at the 619 Restaurant again. Our experience was exceptional in all categories. The grouper and scallops are exceptional. Even though it wasn't very busy. Making reservations online was quite easy.Special Features:
- Nice eveningBboyermarshallVIPDined on 4/19/2014Other than having to send back my snapper that had a huge blood vein, everything was very good. Not sure I like the new chairs; the back is tilted back so their is no support. Good for lounging, but not good for eating.Special Features:
- ponte vedra dinerPonteVedraDinerDined on 4/16/2014Our "go to " place with out of town friends. The food is consistently top notch, service is friendly and attentive and the panoramic ocean view cant be beat .Special Features:
- wonderful place for special "date"SEASIDEDined on 4/4/2014This is always a wonderful place to dine and celebrate a special occasion. We were a little disappointed with our meal - it was not as special as it usually has been and the prices had increased. The menu is adequate but would be better if it were expanded somewhat (i.e. more choices for sides and explanation about substituting small salad for a side). As always, the staff was exceptional. We have been going to 619 for our wedding anniversary for several years and last year, when the staff found out, they "gifted" us with a dessert. We did not make a big production but we did tell the hostess and our waitress that it was our anniversary and that we always celebrate it there, but we did not have the same reaction as we did last year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.