619 Ocean View Restaurant
619 Ponte Vedra Blvd
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082Neighborhood:
Ponte Vedra Beach
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
619 Ocean View Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sawgrassmarriott.com/dining/619_Oceanview.asp
- Phone: (904) 285-6198
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Nick Ocheltree
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from 619 Ocean View Restaurant
Escape to 619 Ocean View at the Cabana Beach Club with breathtaking of the Atlantic Ocean. 619 Ocean View features deliciously memorable dining with a Mediterranean touch through fresh seafood, grilled steaks, and nightly specials. It is considered the perfect dining experience for a romantic dinner for two, business meetings or family get-togethers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
619 Ocean View Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Ponte Vedra Beach ›
619 Ocean View Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (30)special occasion (21)romantic (17)great for outdoor dining (15)fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (6)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Elegant yet BeachyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Had a great meal with friends. Waterfront view is beautiful. Server was on top of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting, great food & servicephotoboyDined on 11/14/2014We made a 7:00 dinner reservation to entertain friends who were driving from Pensacola for the weekend. I called the restaurant to inform them our guests were delayed because of traffic. The receptionist couldn't have been more courteous or accommodating. Our waiter, Kelly, was a pro; knowledgeable about the menu, helpful in making suggestions, attentive while not being intrusive in attending to our needs. The lobster ravioli was as spectacular as remembered and the kale/beet salad delicious. Our friends were impressed and envious that we have such a first class seaside restaurant with beautiful décor and terrific staff so close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and stunning ocean view!travelerVIPDined on 11/7/2014I went there with my wife and adult daughter and was delighted. Since this oceanfront club is associated with the TPC Marriott, as a convenience factor, you can take a regular shuttle back and forth to and from the hotel, plus charge everything to your room. The food is excellent and since you're sitting on the second floor, you have great views of the ocean. I'm on the fence about going back though for two reasons - it's very expensive and although it is a beachy minimalist setting, the atmosphere is almost stark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mostly great!CherylDined on 10/18/2014Positives: Sat outside and watched and heard the waves roll in. Food was delicious! Waiter was wonderful. Negatives: Because we sat outside we got eaten alive by mosquitoes when the sun went down. They were really bad!Not enough lighting outside-food tasted good, but could not see it! Ordered a cosmopolitan and it was cosmo mix and vodka-yuck. BUT-they made me a fresh squeezed lime margarita to replace it and that was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Ravioli - WOW!AixPatriotVIPDined on 10/12/2014Birthday dinner was fabulous! Couldn't wait to tell everyone about the menu and quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strangest waiter everbjeanDined on 10/11/2014We specifically picked this restaurant for the outside dining. When we arrived we were told they couldn't handle a table of 5 outside! Too bad for us. They sat us at a nice corner table. The restaurant was freezing. The waiter was awkward with our questions regarding both the menu and the wine list. We chose a New Zealand Savignon Blanc and the waiter literally and outwardly cringed. It was wonderful with the seafood selection we chose, so my only guess is that it wasn't expensive enough for his taste. The risotto on the sides menu was not risotto at all but a rice pilaf. The scallops were wonderful however a bit of sand was detected. We are not heavy "eaters" so to us an entree is plenty. Mr. Awkward was not pleased.Special Features:
- Room for ImprovementOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant, which was for dinner. Staff was very welcoming. Despite a great oceanfront location, the ambience was missing. The hard surfaces and the overhead lighting gave the room a "dank" feeling. Not romantic or warm and relaxing. Maybe this is a better spot for lunch for beach goers instead of dinner. Part of my appetizer was refrigerator cold inside where it had not been heated thoroughly. The beef filet had no flavor. I would like to see this restaurant succeed, but there is room for improvement.Special Features:
- NowandthendiningDined on 10/9/2014We were there for special occasion . The lady who was helping us around the table was helpful and really friendly.the food and drinks were good. We would come back for another special occasion. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyVIPDined on 9/25/2014619 never disappoints. The food is fantastic and the service spot on. Sitting inside or out you can enjoy a fantastic dining experience which includes a beautiful ocean view- something rare in Jacksonville. I know some day soon I am not going to be able to get a table here because the secret of 619 will be out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amzing view, food and serviceUnimpressed2Dined on 9/6/2014We were greeted by the hostess with a "happy anniversary" upon arriving and we were seated overlooking the beach. We noticed the menus were customized with our names and special occasion - another great service touch that helped to make our evening very special. The wine list was accessible in both price and taste. We started with the soup du jour - the crab bisque and it was fantastic. Mains arrived promptly and presented like a piece of art - perfect. The sea and land dish was a 5 ounce steak and a lobster tail that arrived overcooked. This was promptly corrected by the chef. Our only criticism, we expected valet service - as per the website and open table description. No service available.Special Features:
- Local GemKasparitisDined on 8/23/2014The menu is limited but kept fresh with the offerings. The bib salad was excellent, and other appetizers were well received. The entrees consisted of two scallops, one grouper, and one filet. All were excellent, and the two-side selections were varied and very well presented. Only complaint with the menu/philosophy...under entrees there is a lobster ravioli. One person ordered that and began to select their sides. Server told him that that particular entree doesn't come with sides. Being a little miffed, he switched his selection. WHY? No reason not to have two little sides with a listed entree. Just dumb for a finer dining experience. The brownie dessert was ordinary. The bread pudding with caramelized pecan topping was excellent.Special Features:
- Scallops are the best!MaestroVIPDined on 8/22/2014My wife ordered the scallops for the second time again the where great . I did the order the Wahoo to dry the way the prep the Fish Will not order again. Service was not the best did fell that where pushed to the side and the larger. Party where catered to Even did have to ask 3 times for the bill. However we will be back overall at is great Restaurant?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Trend ContinuesGSJAXBCHVIPDined on 8/17/2014Have been going for quite some time on a regular basis, have endured the renovations to both décor and the menu (lots of changes recently), but, have finally decided it's time to take a long break from the restaurant and see if it will change, might try in 12 months or if I hear good things again. Portions have continuously shrunk and there's more effort on presentation (form) vs. the meal (substance). You take that change, along with an ever increasing pricing plan and just makes this one expensive place to go in order to capture that "ocean view" dining experience. Attached to the Marriott - so - the hotel traffic will probably keep it going, but, it's seemed slower of late when I've dined there so others may have noticed as well.
- photoboyphotoboyDined on 8/9/2014We had not eaten here in years. Since then they have completely revamped their menu, all to the better. The lobster & 5 cheese raviolis, grouper and scallops were world case in imagination, ingredients and preparation. Our waitress, Susan, was knowledgeable about the menu and specials, courteous and readily available for assistance and questions, while remaining unobtrusive. This has now become our go-to restaurant for seafood and Oceanside dining in the South beaches area of Jacksonville.Special Features:
- Perfect experienceGoodrbDined on 8/7/2014Outstanding, food, view and service. I could not thing of anything that needed to be improved on. It was the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great Timeajay364007Dined on 8/2/2014I made reservations for a special occasion and requested a window seat for the views. We were very fortunate to have our request granted and enjoyed peering at the Atlantic ocean during our meal. The scallops were fantastic, the shrimp cocktail was great. Highly recommend the brownie and ice cream for desert. Our server was attentive and enjoyable. Great Time.Special Features:
- Very nice ocean view restaurantfoodsnobDined on 7/31/2014Found a new ocean view restaurant in Ponte Vedra, Fl. -- 619 Ocean View -- which is part of a cabana club. Food was very good -- menu consists mostly of fresh seafood but there are some nice selections for land lovers. Very nice ambiance with great ocean views. Inside and outside dining. Would definitely return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and locationWillphillDined on 7/26/2014Beautiful seaside location with great vistas from the restaurant. The menu was sufficiently varied and the food was excellent. The. staff was very friendly and helpful. Small intimate venue.Special Features:
- The following 319 reviews are from the 619 Ocean View Restaurant reviews archive.
- Oceanside Dining at its Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/26/2014The view is spectacular in this beachside restaurant on Ponte Vedra Beach and the food and service were equally grand. The menu is creative using fresh caught seafood and in-season fruits and vegetables. If you are lucky enough to find it on the menu the Wahoo au Poivre is delicious . Don't miss the Brussel Sprout Coleslaw- perfectly balanced with dried strawberries and almonds and a light dressing. This is a real find and a reason to make Jacksonville a destination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014nice place. somewhat pricey for portions... very limited wine listSpecial Features:
- Wonderful EveningGreatlocatiinDined on 7/19/2014Thanks for a wonderful evening on the patio!!! Amazing service and great food. Made our parents 80th birthday perfect!!Special Features:
- wonderful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014everything was wonderful--from the view, to the service, the wine, the dinner----absolutely perfect!!Special Features:
- ExcellentExcellentVIPDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I dined here for our first time to celebrate our anniversary. We had a great table for two by the windows facing the beach. Service from start to finish was top notch. We greatly enjoyed the mozzarella and balsamic flat bread and watermelon gazpacho soup of the day. My wife had a perfectly cooked and flavorful filet. I had grilled mahi, which was perfectly cooked. The sides were very good but the sliced fingerling potatoes were the star. For dessert we split a sea salt caramel brownie. The pop of the salt against the chocolate was a wonderful and fun compliment. We look very much forward to returning, not just for special occasions, but multiple times per year.Special Features:
- Great!!DiningOut1VIPDined on 7/12/2014Great view. Wonderful food, excellent service. Consistently the same!Special Features:
- Great View & FoodSuperbVIPDined on 7/12/2014This is a lovely restaurant - very bright, airy - with view of beach & Atlantic from almost every table. The food is outstanding, particularly the watermelon gespacho, crispy snapper and their salads. We enjoyed the entire experience with friendly and informative staff.Special Features:
- Great view and good foodDebbiegDined on 7/11/2014Pleasant surprise with yummy seafood and ocean view. Scallops were some of the best I have had in a while. Only negative was the limited wine listSpecial Features:
- All good but the fried Green TomatoYale395VIPDined on 7/3/2014Really like this place. Been several times. The food preperation I think was the best that I have experienced here before. One exception was the fried green tomato. Seemed just deep fried with a bit of mushy tomato. The rest was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Florida dining at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Seafood is fresh and artfully presented without detracting from the taste. Thoroughly enjoyed the entire dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal & service!KsbeachnutDined on 6/25/2014We took our out-of-town guests to 619 Ocean, and it was EXCELLENT. This is the third time we've been here, and every time has been outstanding. The scallops were delicious, with just the right amount of light cream sauce. The grouper my husband had was a big hit. Our guests live in Miami, and they commented that this restaurant far surpasses some they've visited in their town - and the ocean view always makes for a pleasurable, relaxing evening. You won't be sorry!Special Features:
- Great Food Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2014This was hands down the best meal i had my entire vacation. I always worry that places with a view lack in taste but this was a beautiful view with great food (the scallops and the grouper were great so were the brussel sprouts and the cabbage). Definitely go!Special Features:
- A Stellar PerformanceFeedbagDined on 6/19/2014Our evening began as we were seated next to one of the windows with a beautiful view of the ocean. We shared a delicious Bibb salad, which was recently added. While 619 has a limited menu (size), everything I've ever had has been perfectly prepared, and tonight was no exception. My wife ordered the grouper and I had the salmon; both were wonderful. The fish, and their accompanying sides, orzo risotto, brussels sprout slaw, haricots vert and fingerling potatoes were all seasoned beautifully. Excellent, attentive service throughout, and a delightful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chill the wine @ 45 per plate..abe3Dined on 6/19/2014Red wine was warm..filet was overcooked..grouper was fishy and the service was choppy at best.
- letseatVIPDined on 6/18/2014This has been and continues to be one of our favorite restaurants. The menu is constantly changing and everything is always excellent. This restaurant has the absolute best ocean view. Servers are friendly very knowledgeable. A great restaurantSpecial Features:
- Awesome viewAnniversaryduoDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I chose to eat here for our 10 year wedding anniversary. Food , staff , location ...!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem.SandyVIPDined on 5/31/2014Great food, lovely interior, fantastic ocean view, excellent service. Hidden gem for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Beach RestaurantLifeZaJourneyVIPDined on 5/28/2014What a beautiful beach restaurant! And the food was delightful! We were not disappointed as we dined at the restaurant for the first time during a visit to Ponte Vedra Beach. 619 Ocean Beach is now one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- boiceschoicesDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I dined here for our wedding anniversary. He immensely enjoyed the surf and turf, a filet minon and Maine lobster tail. Both were cooked to perfection. I chose the scallops, which were delicious and flavorful. Both came with 2 sides, I couldn't tell you what they were called but both were interesting and delicious. The seafood was extremely fresh and it's our understanding the menu changes frequently depending on what is available. The restaurant was comfortable and the staff friendly. As the name implies, there was a nice view of the ocean. We were late arriving so didn't get to enjoy much of the view, come early so you can. Our compliments to the chef.Special Features:
- Met my expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014This was exactly what I thought it would be. The perfect little restaurant for a nice romantic night out with my wife. I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beach DiningBigdaddyinjaxDined on 5/24/2014We had a party of 5 which became a part of 7. They changed the reservation without any problem at all. Our waiter was very attentive and if he was busy with another party, another waitress stepped in when the food was ready to be served. All orders were correct and we had one that was shared and it came already split which was very helpful. Most of us had fish which was very fresh. We were there for a long time and never felt pressured or hurried. Plenty of parking across the street which has a guard. Just tell them you are having dinner. Your can eat outside if you wish.Special Features:
- Best patio in Ponte VedraNatalieKristineDined on 5/21/2014This was such a hidden gem. Totally exceeded our expectations. The fish was amazing, super fresh with delicious sides.Special Features: