618 Bistro and Lounge
4035 Lake Boone Trail
Raleigh, NC 27607Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
618 Bistro and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.618bistro.com/
- Phone: 9197879100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, French American, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering for small or large groups from our existing menu or special menu options per customer needs.
- Private Party Facilities: we're specialize on special events last year and incoming events such as 124 fundraising, fashion runway of 120, corporate events of 80-20, holidays event of 82-20, private birthday 50-20, production line for 58-45, college reunion of 55, incoming ceremony and receptions on may of 50, wedding rehearsal on june of 80, brunch receptions on july of 30, wedding catered of 200 last july. The event grew like an acorn into a giant oak tree in one year, we dedicated our work for you enjoying the social network that gets you so far and we do the service part.
- Private Party Contact: 618 BISTRO & LOUNGE 9197879100x
- Entertainment: Join us for a wonderful opportunity to taste great cuisine from around the world. We offer nightly specials, drink specials and original live music on weekends. We also offer wedding receptions on Sundays with catering for up to 100 people.
- Special Events: Wedding Receptions on Sundays, capacity 100.
A word from 618 Bistro and Lounge
Come take a trip around the world with our contemporary take on some famous classic dishes! We proudly serve new world cuisine with a focus on NC wild caught seafood. Our owner is a former NC State Professor, with roots in Alexandria, Egypt and a flare for fishing! As a commercial fisherman, he has access to some of the Crystals Coast's best catches! Come see our unique atmosphere with local art, live music, and our famous 1870's chandelier, which decorates our dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
618 Bistro and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- It was closedDisappointedDined on 3/19/2014I had a confirmed reservation from OT for a restaurant that was closed. I doubt I try this again. It was an embarrassing way to say Happy Birthday to an 81 year old.
- A new fave!VickiDSDined on 3/14/2014My husband and I dined at 618 for the first time Friday night with friends to celebrate my husband's birthday. The food was wonderful and the live music added such a nice touch to the already pleasant and relaxing ambience. Service was a tad slow (food came in a reasonable amount of time, though) but we had nowhere else to be and were just enjoying catching up with our friends so I think maybe the server was just trying to give us some space. Otherwise the service was wonderful, too. My husband and I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedThatCoupleVIPDined on 3/14/2014There was not one item we ate that was average! The house salad was a great mixture of tastes and textures. The Italian sausage potstickers had the most wonderful cilantro orange sauce.... We had the 618 Bouillabaisse and rack of lamb for dinner. The bouillabaisse had a lot of mussels, clams and shrimp with a red sauce that we used bread to lap up! The lamb, ordered medium rare, was SPOT on! Everyone says the lamb shank here is the bomb but we really liked the rack. Dessert. Oh Em Gee!!! The bread pudding was the lightest pudding we have EVER had. Our Crème Brulee was caramelized on the top and cold in the center.... the way Crème Brulee should be! Such a wonderful meal. We will be back. Oh, the guitarist. The music was truly relaxing.Special Features:
- 618ARHolyVIPDined on 3/8/2014618 is a great place to sit back, relax and have a date with your loved one. The area is upscale, but the prices aren't. Service is always quietly going about their duties, but taking care of you at the same time. We met George, the owners son this last trip. It was a pleasure meeting him and learning more about how 618 came to be, and how they work hard at providing quality, authentic meals. They definitely meet the standard of quality and then some!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeMomof4VIPDined on 3/1/2014It was an impromptu Saturday night dinner out. The restaurant was quiet for a weekend evening. The food, service and ambience deserve a better crowd than what they had. It's worth a try if you enjoy rustic, hearty flavorful fare. There's an offering for a variety of palettes. There's tremendous potential to elevate this dining establishment to the next level. Simple things like offering espresso coffee drinks could make it that much better. Overall, it's charming, warm and the food is delicious! With some marketing effort, this could be a notable Raleigh hot spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreEasyDined on 3/1/2014The food was mediocre and expensive. Won't go back there.
- Food was delicious!look4gddiningVIPDined on 2/22/2014Skeptical upon arrival (Saturday night at 7pm) that there were only 4 tables filled. Food was very, very good. My husband had the tuna and I enjoyed the lamb chops. I am reluctant to recommend this restaurant, as the ownership is in the midst of changing hands. Our meals were overseen by outgoing chef.
- Funtime had by allBirthdayCelebrationDined on 2/22/2014We loved the relaxed atmosphere. We definitely would return to try more dishes. Everyone loved their appetizers and main courses. Service was well-timed and friendly. A great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made the reservation onOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/20/2014I made the reservation on a Thurs night for a book club. We were the only 5 in the place. It was dark, and they closed the kitchen at 8:00. My cesar salad was totally white. Not a green leaf on the plate. Was surprised because reviews were good.
- Great experience all the way aroundZeemDined on 2/14/2014Why more people don't know about this place , I don't know . When we arrived , we were greeted warmly by the owner. He even walked us to our table and pulled the chair out for me . Yes , the owner. The servers were very friendly , and they also made our first experience there very comfortable when it came to ordering off the menu. The food was immaculate. We also acquired about the history of this family owned restaurant , and they had no problem explaining. Also the live acoustic guitar was just right , it did not overwhelm our experience, but more played into the atmosphere and surrounding. If you like friendly service , great food, and a overallgreat aatmosphere, try this place. You can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines day surprisednewtonDined on 2/14/2014618 Bistro is a hidden gem. I was so blessed to find it. Thank you Papa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2014If you're looking for an awesome date night, go to 618 Bistro. The food is excellent and the service is great too! We went on a Friday night and they had live music. It was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relatively quiet on a WednesdayH3is4HVIPDined on 1/15/2014Relatively quiet on a Wednesday night. The food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/14/2014Excellent food, great service, and the perfect date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleMSMSVIPDined on 1/11/2014This was a very bad experience. The kitchen closes at 8:30. We had a reservation for 8 PM and when I made the reservation I could see that they had reservations at 9:15 and 9:30. Who closes a kitchen at 8:30 PM on a Saturday night? Also, they were out of many ingredients, like CHICKEN. It was not a good experience.
- Great music to accompany mealRepeaterVIPDined on 1/11/2014We loved Canaday who played during our meal. Their selection of music set a great atmosphere for our meal They were well received by the crowd .Appetizer Crabcake was very good too.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!caryGirlDined on 1/11/2014Tried 618 Bistro for the first time this weekend and the place was awesome and I will definitely be back! There were 4 of us at our table and each one of us found our food to be outstanding. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Varied menu, good wine listWoodmanDined on 1/10/2014I'm not sure why 618 is still not crowded every night. Perhaps it is the location. But twice we have not been disappointed with the food, which is always very good. The server was knowledgable and efficient. Good ambience on Friday nights with acoustic guitar. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ahi tuna was either notWB123Dined on 1/10/2014The ahi tuna was either not ahi tuna or just a frozen fish puck. Pot stickers were good, but the sauce was extremely salty and tasted like it came out of a bag. Overall, the service was good, but the food was very bad.
- Tops!!!!gorgeousDined on 1/10/2014Always good abd service is outstanding. I have had lamb chops the last 2 times I"ve been there and they are the best thanks to the chef. My husband is a Tuna addict and he raves about that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had our anniversary dinnerMichael924Dined on 1/8/2014Had our anniversary dinner at 618 Bistro. This is our fourth time at this restaurant. We have not had a bad experience there. Service and food are top notch. The menu is two pages, but offers a lot of variety!Special Features:
- nice surpriseLynnDined on 1/4/2014My husband and I had a great experience when we dined here recently. Food was delicious, service very good. Best part for me was the live classical guitar music - volume just right, casual rather than stuffy. We don't live close to here but will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Almost a Foodie RestaurantmaidsniteoutDined on 1/4/2014The food is very tasty. It just lacks that final touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeWolfpackbrandiVIPDined on 1/4/2014Love the ambiance and the food is good. Service is great too.
- GREAT FOOD!RICHARDDined on 12/27/2013The food was great but they were out of my favorite menu item.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodSwimmerDined on 12/20/2013We were very impressed with the quality and presentation of the food. Everthing was delicious and the service great.Special Features:
- Good place, needs focusOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/18/2013618 has been a favorite. Recent changes to the menu and limited wait/cook staff appear to be impacting service quality and selection. Favorites like the calamari salad and lamb Panini are both no longer available. Disappointing. Otherwise, it's a good, family run place. Nice people. Just stay focused on the customer experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time out for ThanksgivingWakeForestFoodieDined on 11/28/2013We had never been to this restaurant, so we weren't sure what to expect. When we arrived the buffet table was right in the front entry way as you walk in the door. Much of the food was been served in the tin foil pans you buy at the grocery store. The buffet was supposed to be open from 1-6, but by the time we got their at 4:30, it already appeared that they were running low on some items. The food was okay, but not inspired in any way, and some of it tasted like it came from a box (the stuffing), or from Costco (desserts). The roast beef was over cooked but the tortellini alfredo was yummy. The service was slow but the owner was very kind and gracious. I'm afraid this was not a very fun Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013We didn't feel like cooking and I found this place online and it had good reviews so we tried it. Great atmosphere and a great variety of foods. The wait staff, chef and even the owners were friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Happy ThanksgivingBeckDined on 11/28/2013We took our father in law to T-Giving lunch and had a wonderful time. The owner of the restaurant has been present both times we've visited and always makes us feel welcome and at home. The service was excellent and there was a wonderful array of foods available on the holiday buffet, turkey, steak, tilapia, salmon, veggies, pastas and desserts. Thank you for a wonderful holiday feast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/28/2013We will definitely go back for dinner and special occasions. The food was terrific and the service outstanding. We had a toddler with us so were very nervous and they did great helping to keep him entertained by talking to him and giving him a special ice cream treat.Special Features:
- Chef was feeling bad so theyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/20/2013Chef was feeling bad so they were closing the restaurant. Plus, they had no record of our reservation. We do not plan to go back.
- The Pan Seared Tilapia withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013The Pan Seared Tilapia with Almonds was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay experienceDaveGDined on 11/16/2013Let me first just say that the food was very good,delicious and uniquely plated. However, I have to say that the service was rather poor. It took quite a while for the server to come to our table. First bad experience. We noticed that the other tables were receiving bread before any appetizers and entrees. However, the server did not even bother offering a bread basket until we had said something. Just seemed like it was an afterthought to her. Bread should just be brought to the table no matter if I will eat it or not. It took a long while for the entrees to be served. And, as for the dessert, we waited quite a while for that as well. Things seemed to be going slow that evening and the place seemed a little disorganized.
- Understaffed and IgnoredAlyssaDined on 11/13/2013My experience at 618 Bistro was poor. My friend and I spent more than an hour waiting for a fish entree and a plate of pasta; meanwhile couples who were seated after us received their food. We saw our waitress only three times throughout the evening and she was rather rude. After waiting considerably to get the attention of the hostess to ask where our food was, we finally received our food - with some portions undercooked. We spoke to the head chef after the meal and he comped the bill, which I appreciated. He said the restaurant was understaffed because two waitresses hadn't shown up to work. Regardless, there was no excuse for us to be ignored and for us to wait so long for our food.
- Dinner at 618 BistroCarmenDined on 11/1/2013We had never been here before, but we will returning. The food was wonderful, and a beautiful atmosphere for our date night!Special Features:
- All good but music too loudGrayDined on 11/1/2013The food was excellent and the chef gave us a free salad to share with our entree. I found my rice too spicy to eat, but I don't tolerate hot dishes very well. The salmon was cooked perfectly! We didn't get a glass of wine because the whites sounded sweet and our waitress said that they were which was a bit disappointing and not good for the bottom line of the restaurant. There was a classical guitarist who played beautifully but the music was too loud and was hard to talk over and made the evening less enjoyable. I will go again but if there is music and it's too loud, I'll ask for it to be quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestGloriaVIPDined on 11/1/2013Fabulous Mediterranean food, authentic and creative. Melanie is the best server around! Go there for something different and delicious!Special Features:
- A good neighborhood restaurantTMFfromRaleighVIPDined on 10/25/2013I don't live near 618 Bistro, so I only come here if I have a reason to do so, be it to listen to the entertainment or in this instance, to grab a bite to eat prior to seeing a show at the PNC arena. The food was quite good and doesn't disappoint. I had the miso tuna and it was served rare, as ordered. Prices are reasonable and the portions are ample.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet is an understatementtmbtitwDined on 10/16/2013Food and service were great. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The timing of our courses was appropriate. The only thing lacking about this restaurant was that we were the only patrons there during dinner. We'd made reservations that were totally unnecessary since we were the only ones in the restaurant for the duration of our meal. Hopefully the restaurant will find a way to bring more customers through its doors.I would recommend this to a friend.