60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
3939 Shelbyville Rd
Louisville, KY 40207Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.60westbistro.com/
- Phone: 5027199717x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 4 PM - 12 AM
Friday-Saturday 4 PM - 2 AM
Happy Hour Monday-Friday 4 PM - 6 PM
**Dinner Service stops at 10 PM; Appetizers served until midnight**
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Charles Knieriem
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer a variety of off site catering options. Please give us a call to design a custom menu for your next event.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a party room to accommodate parties of up to 60 people.
- Private Party Contact: Charles Knieriem 5027199717x
- Special Events: Saturday Night Social: Held the 2nd Saturday of every month (formerly Third Friday). DJ starts at 10 PM, with select food & drink specials.
A word from 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
60 West Bistro & Martini Bar brings a new experience to you. Please join us for 1/2 Price Bottles of wine on Wednesday and Friday evenings, or $5 Martinis on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday Evenings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
60 West Bistro & Martini Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
60 West Bistro & Martini Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had a large group of 12 and the waitress had only been on the job 3 days. Unfortunately, she did a terrible job. She was very sweet but the food came out wrong and salads were never brought andmy meal cam 20 minutes after the rest of the table. They did comp my meal and the food was very good. I was really surprised themanager never came by to sraighten things out. We have been there before and never had this trouble. The food is always good there but they should never put an unexperienced server alone on this table. I am not sure if we will go back again or not. I doubt ever with a large group. Abottle of wine was dropped by the water and spilled on one of out group and management never acknowledged.
- Been there twiceJCross13Dined on 8/15/2014First time was just got drinks and it was a lively scene. The second time just my wife and some girlfriends went there for dinner and drinks. It wasn't as hopping but they had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub grub - nothing special.disappointedDined on 7/26/2014The service was good. Noise level very high. $5 martini night was a good deal but the fish tacos were probably the worst I've had anywhere.Special Features:
- lafongVIPDined on 7/26/2014loudest restaurant I have ever been to, loud enough that will not be back.
- Good Eats!ClassyLadyDined on 6/27/2014Enjoyed my dinner and drink so much went back the next week for exactly the same meal!Special Features:
- Below AverageThewayitwas2014Dined on 6/27/2014Just a variety of issues that lead to a less than adequate experience. The server was new and had not been trained properly, she could not open the wine bottle and when we were finished with dinner the plates sat in front of us until we left. We ordered the crab cake sliders as an appetizer. They were on oversized stale buns. The hamburger and shrimp sandwich were also on oversized stale buns which fell apart in our hands. The shrimp sandwich was over seasoned which completely dominated the flavor. The hamburger was not that large, was ordered well done but was not well done.
- food and service were great but...mariaVIPDined on 6/23/2014The birthday celebration would have been perfect if the restaurant had not been so hot. It was a Monday evening and the restaurant was muggy. We were told that the air conditioning had been off on Sunday and was not turned back on until Monday afternoon. It never did cool off. Not a great plan in my opinion for the summer months. Dinner was great, we had a party of six and everyone was pleased. Our server was great, never had to ask for water glasses to be refilled or plates to be taken away. I think he was by himself and did a great job.Special Features:
- relax and drinkeatoutmoreDined on 6/19/2014great bar night at the resturant. Many options for a small work group. Good drink specials also.Special Features:
- The following 322 reviews are from the 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar reviews archive.
- Good food and drinkwannabefoodieDined on 5/31/2014The prices were very reasonable for what you get. The food was better than average and the Drinks were only $5 because of a Saturday night special. Service was questionable at first but once they figured out who our server was, Lauren was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for birthdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014I had several people that was there for the first time. They loved it so much that they said it was going to be "the new spot"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love 60 west but had a bad waiter!Love60westDined on 5/17/2014I love 60 west and usually go there every two weeks. I would have given it 5 stars but this last time I went (May 17) my server was very rude. He only took half my tables orders. I had to chase him down to get the other halves order. He didn't give one of the girls her drink until after she was close to being done with her food (I'm not talking about a refill neither). He was awful. I wish I could remember his name. All I know is that he worked the patio and wore glasses. So if you ever go and sit on the patio hopefully you don't have the Caucasian male waiter with glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dinnerMNGirlDined on 5/15/2014I went with some friends and parents and we were all very please with the drinks and the food. My only comment is that the noise level was very high. It was a Thursday night and it wasn't ideal with the parents. However, had I been with just friends it would have been perfect. Just something small to keep in mind.Special Features:
- Mother's day brunchswb62Dined on 5/11/2014It was a very good breakfast brunch selection but was a little light on lunch selections so I chose to only have the breakfast choices. The eggs Benedict were great and the biscuits and gravy were great as well as the bacon and sausage. Omelets were available on request and my wife's was very good with prepared as requested ingredients. I had a blueberry pancake which was perfect. We had the cheesecake desert tray which had three selections that were a good selection and tasted great. The service was very friendly and kept our glasses full and table cleared of dishes.Special Features:
- 60eat4Dined on 5/10/2014I enjoyed the salad and traditional burger while my husband really liked the fried ravioli and brisket. Everything was very good. The service is a bit slow when you are trying to place an order, but I think they try not to rush you. I would go back again.Special Features:
- Good food, very noisyshirinroseDined on 5/10/2014We went here on a Saturday evening for a celebratory dinner. The food was delicious, although the service was a little slow. However, what was most frustrating was how the noise level increased throughout the time we were there. It's definitely somewhere I would go for a night out or bar hopping, but not someplace I would pick to sit and have a relaxing meal again.Special Features:
- Graduation dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Our party was celebrating a graduation and we'd been sitting a long time. The relaxed ambience of 60 West was a welcome respite. The martini list is extensive and everything we ordered came as requested. The salmon was especially good. Service was great and we had a most enjoyable evening. We would definitely return to 60 West and recommend it to anyone wanting a neighborhood feel to their special dining experience. Though we didn't use the patio, it was full and vibrant. Definitely at the top of our list for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedkygirlDined on 5/3/2014For Derby evening, I made reservations at 60 West because they offered online reservations and a variety of food at great prices. Our group of 12 was all disappointed. Right before everyones food came out, several girls were told they ran out of the food they ordered. Which I did not appreciate since the "Derby" menu was very limited and much more expensive than normal. At the last minute my friends were asked to change their order which caused their food to be delayed. They had to wait while we ate. Two of us ordered filets medium rare and both came out well done. No one asked how our food was. I tried to call the restaurant several times before Derby to confirm our reservation and check the menu, but no one ever answered the phone.
- Derby DinnerCardinalFanDined on 5/3/2014We had a large party (11) and we dined on Derby evening, so it was pretty crazy. Nonetheless, food was very good, service was good, but understandable given the large party and some of our guests arriving at different times. Really enjoyed the dinner and would recommend 60 West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014I dined at this restaurant on 5/2. Our servers name was John ( I believe). As we asked for our checks, John was not able to recall the appropriate number of drinks ordered or food on each check. We asked him if he could correct the check, and he unwillingly did so. We felt as if it was our fault for ordering too many drinks. Prior to this, our experience was very good. I understand that it was a very busy time during Derby weekend, however the patience of the server did not reflect the service we received from other employees of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Horrible & almost ruin our weekendfinnDined on 5/2/2014We had a reservation for 8:45pm. Was not seated until 10pm. Took 20 mins for a server to come by. After almost an hour our appetizers 3 of our 5 arrived cold. Tasted awful. Drinks never came. Entrees never came. Paid for everything unfortunately. We only had 2 nights in KY to enjoy and this was ruin and never ate. Located is deceiving. Notes "downtown Louisville" but was 12 miles outside the city and we spent $120 in a taxi ride round trip. So frustrating and disappointing. A wasted night. Never again.
- Oaks dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014We hosted a couple from out of town and took them to 60 West after the Oaks. My opinion is that they were totally unprepared for the crowd, were understaffed, and did a very poor job. We had a table of drunks next to us, one of who almost threw up at the table, even as they continued to serve him drinks and one of his drunk buddies with him yelled at the top of his lungs everytime he spoke. The food was also VERY average for the price - we could have gotten the same thing at O'Charley's for half the price. We will definitely not be going back to 60 West.
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/2/2014While it was Derby Weekend, 60 West had the worst service and martinis I've ever seen. I can't comment on the food because we waited 45 minutes for it to arrive before just leaving.
- Friday night before DerbyCobyDined on 5/2/2014I've visited 60 West several times and the food had always been good. Not this evening, starting with a Derby special of scallops and shrimp that was double the price. The service was bad, it took 45 minutes to get our salads and they looked wilted by the time they arrived, my quest remarked at how the lettuce was brown. The main course arrived cold. I was embarrassed to have suggested this place to my guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and slowNeedlotsofhelpDined on 5/2/2014Slow,poor service.Loud with the big screens. No bussers, so waiter was overwhelmed. Had to remind him to take our order, for water, for our salads. Waited forever for our salads and when we reminded him, after 30 minutes, he went to check to see if they were ready. They came out with 3 of the 4 salad orders wrong. Entrees came out right after that. Meat was over cooked, lobster tail under cooked, asparagus was brown mush. Had to remind waiter of drink orders. He did not know if they served coffee, went to check. Had to ask him to clear our plates. Think he was new.If that was the case, they should not have inexperienced staff working a busy night, or else have someone with him. He was clueless about the basic protocols,nice, but very lost.Special Features:
- Great experience!! Will be back!!EmmersDined on 4/20/2014We went for Easter brunch, which was amazing, but I'm not only basing my review off that experience but also my prior dinner/drinks experiences. Staff is so helpful and nice, good is wonderful and drinks are amazing. The drink specials are to die for. I mean really half price martinis on Thursday and Saturday and half price bottles of wine Wednesday and Friday!!! Always a deal to be gotten! Love the flat bread pizzas and the appetizers. This is such a neighborhood gem tucked in with the wilder bars around it. Perfect for more adult professionals who don't want to deal with the younger crowd... My girlfriends and I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found a new placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014I came here with a friend for my birthday. The place was nice, service was awesome. I love the choices of martinis that they had. The food was great as well. I will be back for sure. Found a new hang out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice & EasyPc1029VIPDined on 4/5/2014Brie appetizer with crackers was a nice start. I had veggie pizza which would have been better if the crust was thin & crisp for me. Another had the chicken pizza which she enjoyed. The other 2 had the tuna steak sandwich and mashed potatoes. They both thought it was very nice. Most martinis were $5! Great place to go for easy, laid-back game viewing and meeting friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Great place for a get together for a group of girlfriends. KRSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will return...luvmywineDined on 3/26/2014Met a group of girls there for a mid week mental health session...the food was very good, the wine list offered a nice variety, and we were able to talk and interact freely.Special Features:
- Drinks OnlyMulticulturalGroup15Dined on 3/22/2014I would only recommend this restaurant if you are looking for somewhere to go for good drinks..... This was my second time dining there and both times the food was horrible. On the upside the service and drinks was great.Special Features:
- greatfirsttimerDined on 3/21/2014my experience was great! we even got there approx. 45 min earlier than our reservation and they already had our table ready in a spot we had requested. Even though the food selection is relatively small, the food was great and so was the wine :)Special Features:
- The food was great. However,eatsoutalotDined on 3/20/2014The food was great. However, the service was the worst. Place was empty, maybe the word is out? What is the point if the chef can do his part in the kitchen, but the service people let him down up front? for that reason, we will not be back.
- A desert....how do they stay open..OliverVIPDined on 3/17/2014Third or fourth visit, don't see how they stay in business.almost empty each time...want go back, Mostly heavy bar foods, but no activity, good location, bartenders friendly....Special Features:
- I love me some 60 West!!!!!AshliBDined on 3/1/2014Made a reservation for 14 to celebrate my birthday with family and friends and we had so much fun!!!!! The food, drinks, service and energy was amazing!!!!!!!! Needless to say we will all be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone down hill....BmwillVIPDined on 2/26/2014I've been coming here since it's opening...and unfortunately it has gone through numerous menu changes (when the original was what people liked most!!!!) and also gone through many staff changes. While this place used to have great food and great service, not it's become poor/slow service with food that is over priced and just okay. The last couple of times we had big group events here, everyone was displeased with food. If you plan on drinking martinis or wine on half price night, you will be pleased....but don't expect anything fancy from their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hamburgers, fries, tuna sandwichPc1029VIPDined on 2/26/2014Hamburgers, fries, tuna sandwich & caprese salad.....quick & easy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $5 Martini Night A Must-TryMezzDined on 2/22/2014Unknowingly, a group and I went to 60 West on $5 martini night, which was fantastic. Even their top-shelf drinks were discounted to $7. Cocktails were fantastic, but the vegetable goat cheese dip appetizer stole the show--one of the best appetizers I've ever tried. The bourbon braised beef entree was good, although it lacked a lot of bourbon flavor, but the cheesy mashed potatoes were fantastic. Several people in my group tried the burgers and loved them--the shrimp burger in particular got a lot of praise. Atmosphere was fun, and the restaurant itself was clean, and the wait staff was fantastic. Definitely takes a few hours to eat here, though, as drinks and food did take awhile to come out, but no one in my party was in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu had a great amountatm0212Dined on 2/22/2014The menu had a great amount of variety and the food was very good. Service was ok, not great.Special Features:
- Great selection of tasty foodsEharperDined on 2/15/2014The drinks were amazing and food was really tasty. We did have a longer than average wait for our food, but the server was very accommodating to our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!AllybwagonDined on 2/15/2014Explore the long list of Martinis and drink as many as you dare... but beware, they do carry a punch! My favorites are the Hula Girl, Lemon Blues, Lemon Drop and Cherry Limeade- but I haven't encountered one I don't like! Go with a group so you can sample more. Food was hit or miss across the table. Pros: the White Pizza Dip, Pork Wontons and tomato mozzarella salad. The Crab Sliders were very crabby. Cons: The Jerk Chicken was not jerk- more like plain grilled chicken skewered with vegetables. The Szechuan Lettuce Wraps were very disappointing- chicken was tossed in a white sauce, maybe mayo or Greek yogurt, and topped with siracha. Waitstaff was great and she quickly replaced lettuce wraps with more pork wontons.Special Features: