60 Degrees Mastercrafted
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
Upper Kirby / Shepherd Corridor
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
60 Degrees Mastercrafted
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.60dmc.com/
- Phone: (713) 360-7757
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Dinner: Friday & Saturday 6:00 pm -11:00 pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00 am - 3:00pm
Bar Service: Tuesday - Friday - 11:00 am to Close
Saturday: 3:00 pm to Close
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday - 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Closed Mondays, available for private functions
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Fritz Gitschner CMC, AAc
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
A word from 60 Degrees Mastercrafted
Certified Master Chef Fritz Gitschner's new restaurant concept, 60 Degrees Mastercrafted, is located in the Upper Kirby District of Houston, Texas. 60 DMC promises to highlight Chef Gitschner's culinary diversity in a warm, casual, contemporary atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
60 Degrees Mastercrafted reviews from OpenTable diners
239 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (154)special occasion (90)hot spot (79)neighborhood gem (74)great for outdoor dining (66)great for lunch (49)notable wine list (47)good for groups (44)romantic (37)great for brunch (34)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (12)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- One of my best dining experiencesHouTravelerDined on 11/16/2014I had never heard of this restaurant until I read a CultureMap article that mentioned it. The menu looked really interesting so I booked a reservation for Sunday brunch and arrived at 11am. The first thing I noticed - the restaurant is bright and airy with lots of natural light. Also, there were many service staff buzzing around making sure everything was just perfect. We were seated and waited on immediately. We started at the buffet bar (not your usual breakfast buffet bar) for "appetizers". The seafood campenchana was spectacular. I also really enjoyed the curried deviled eggs and tarragon chicken salad. I ordered the "Benedict Duo" for my entree. This dish is really two types of eggs benedict - one with a thin subtle tasso ham, and another with a perfectly-prepared crab cake and cajun sauce. Everything was seasoned and prepared perfectly. Fresh steamed vegetables completed the entree dish. The dessert bar offered approx. 10 different desserts. I sampled the Key LIme pie, Mango cheescake, Rasberry Anglefood layered cake, and Buttermilk pie. All were delicious. On a couple of occassions throughout my time here the restaurant manager stopped by to make sure everything was meeting my expectations. Only very well-managed restaurants do this. All in all, we had a perfect dining experience here. Kudos to all of the staff at this restaurant for getting everything exactly right. Perfect score !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014I took my wife here for her birthday and we ordered the course sampler. It was beyond delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience, the food, and the atmosphere. We highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crafted lunchMsBuzzVIPDined on 11/14/2014We immediately loved the atmosphere. We heard great things about the food, so we were excited to finally dine here for lunch. The last time we showed up on a Monday. The food lived up to the hype with the exception of my hamburger which was delivered undercooked. It was disturbingly red. Our waitress Elizabeth had been very attentive up until the food was served, but it took us a while to get her attention. Someone came over and apologized for the error. Since I ordered from the three course lunch, I had no food in front of me while my four colleagues were eating. Two problems with this: I am the slowest eater and I'm starving. This slowed down the entire meal and our return to work. I asked for fries while I waited for the burger to return. The burger returned in the same bun that was a little hard by then but it was still good. The fries were perfect. To make up for the rare burger and delayed timing of the meal, they could have removed the charge for it or at the least the cost of the fries. The only reason I didn't give them a better service rating is because they missed an opportunity to make a great impression. I understand mistakes are made but they give you an opportunity to show your customers you care by going beyond the minimal expectation of just fixing your error. Instead of us discussing how good the rest of the meal was, we were discussing how no effort was made for redemption and the excessive cost for one scoop of ice cream. I will try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit here was a success.peddocDined on 11/12/2014Waiter was excellent. His wine recommendation was great. Their specialty is the beef. I had a filet which was cooked perfectly and fork tender. The truffle fries are not to be missed. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing, won't be going back.datingmywifefor30yrsDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I frequently visit the top restaurants in Houston and like to try new places. We found the food to be very average and well below average for the upper end pricing at 60 degrees. I had the "special" rib eye steak with bone marrow and my wife tried the beef tips. My steak was cooked exactly as ordered (med rare), however, the texture, taste and tenderness was about what you get when having a steak and egg breakfast at Denny's when on the road. The beef tips were also cooked to med rare and while the sauce had some flavor the two dishes were certainly not work the ~ $100 cost.
- Thoughtful service & excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/7/2014Arrived to be seated next to a party of 12. Not crazy about that - can often be very noisy. FOH dealt with the situation poorly - offering patio seating (patio was empty and 54 degrees) as an alternative. Manager saw that FOH was dropping the ball - stepped in and very nicely got us a different table. For the rest of the evening could see him working the floor - observing everything and making sure all was good with everyone - thank you! Waiter was excellent, wine list is just right - not too long, lots of price points - something for everyone. Food was really excellent. If I was going to take someone out for a steak - this would be my first port of call.Special Features:
- Did not meet expectationsVincenzoDined on 10/30/2014There were five of us. The pork belly app was too thick. The foie gras was average the Parmesan asparagas was very good. The asparagas soup was bland. Two of us had10 oz rib eyes ordered med rare. One was med the other med rare. It's difficult to cook a 1/2 inch steak med rare. Neither of us were impressed. The other three had filets perfect at 1 and 1/2 inch thick med rare. They said the best filet ever. We sat outside on a low humidity Cool evening very nice. The smashed potatoes divine, the brussel sprouts average and Mac and cheese below average. Service was very good. If I went back I would not get the ribeye not worth the price.Special Features:
- Never disappointedbchristensonVIPDined on 10/29/2014I have been to 60 Degrees numerous times for lunch and they never disappoint. Great patio, service and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High expectations... Highly disappointedMarksDined on 10/24/2014We had high expectations of this restaurant but sorry we did. We were lucky to see our server when we did. He didn't seem to be around much. We had to ask another server to get him so we could get our bill. Also there was a lady there that was poured our wine. I'm guessing she was a hostess or a guest relations I don't know exactly but when she came to our table to she had this scowl on her face. You could immediately tell that she did not want to be at work. I understand we have all been there but at least don't let the patrons see it. They over cooked my duck but did remedy it by fixing another one but that one had chewy skin. It's suppose to be crispy at least that's what the menu said. The issues were somewhat address by I guess a manager. He apologized for poor service and the mediocre food. Overall we were really disappointed with this restaurant. We had high expectations due to knowing who the executive chef is. We will definitely not be going back.
- Good food, fair service, too loudMarcDined on 10/24/2014This was my first visit. The mixologists were good. The noise level in the main dining area was overwhelming. It took several efforts to get someone to pay attention to our table. I had duck which was excellent. My partner had chicken schnitzel which was too dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Band was too loudHtownFoodieDined on 10/19/2014We really enjoyed sitting on the patio for Sunday Brunch, but could hardly hear our conversation. We even asked for the house music to be turned down when the band was on a break. The band was enjoyable, but were really more suited to an evening performance and not Sunday brunch. They kept wanting everyone to come up and dance. A nice (soft) jazz ensemble would have been much more enjoyable for a lazy brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperiencemcfernzDined on 10/18/2014There is brunch special on Sunday. Go check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Distracting...MaryDined on 10/17/2014There seemed to be people rushing about around us all evening. This had the effect of making us feel that we were in the middle of a busy traffic junction. We had asked for a table closer to the window/wall but were told it was reserved. An hour later it was still vacant. Too "busy" for my liking. I prefer to be relaxed in a calming atmosphere when eating out.Special Features:
- Needs some workMooonDined on 10/17/2014lets just say over priced trying to hard wanna be steakhouse, save your money and hit up Pappas Steakhouse... Service was great food was terrible... how do you mess up a french fry???... small plates big prices.. Got a lot of work to do before you can charge what you do for a Fancy name for a steak...
- Nice to dine outside at 60 DegreesOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 10/16/2014We had a nice dinner outside at 60 Degrees. Friendly service, great wine list. Food is good. Really enjoyed the Akaushi Rillette.Special Features:
- AmazingtwhiteDined on 10/11/2014Cowboy steak is amazing! I would recommend it to anyone. We love the food and atmosphere. The staff is awesome greatSpecial Features:
- Great Food and FunOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We really enjoyed our meal, unique and prepared perfectly. The bartender David was so friendly and informative that stayed in the bar for the whole time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Fritz Gitschner is one of very few certified Master Chefs in the U.S. I haven't met him, but the food is excellent, as is the service. I've been there three times and I'll be back again.Special Features:
- Great brunch!carandDined on 10/5/2014The appetizer and dessert buffets could satisfy anyone! And our entrees were terrific!Special Features:
- Great patiogolferdude1Dined on 10/4/2014Wonderful evening to eat outside. Patio was nice. Robert our server was super. Short ribs were awesome. Seafood stew just ok. Needed more kick and bigger pieces. Overall great place. Will come back and sit in the nice dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time was had by all !!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014I took 6 good friends for dinner and we had the best time. We had white and red wines from Austria that were delicious. Everyone enjoyed their meal, and for dessert I had preordered their "slice of heaven" and everyone agreed that it really was. The service was first class. I'll come back again and again. My new favorite place in town.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationdocsamDined on 10/4/2014I expected a noisy din I no experience with decent food. I found a moderate noise level with attentive servers and managers. I didn't quite know what to expect as there was no online menu to peruse prior to arrival. The server was helpful in explaining options and making recommendations. There was a variety to suit varied tastes. Meals were well prepared and tasty at a reasonable price. For those who enjoy outdoor dining, the patio provides outdoor seating just a few steps away from a great view of Westheimer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChefMaryjomDined on 10/3/2014Upon first arriving at the restaurant, the Chef greeted us, asked if we'd been there before, and welcomed us. Very nice touch.Special Features:
- Not a beer place!goodDined on 10/2/2014We had no idea what a wonderful dining experience we were about to have. Somehow, the work "mastercrafted" in the name made us think of beer! We had no idea that the word referred, instead, to the chef/owner who is a master chef! The food and service were exceptional. The owner/chef came by our table which was a nice, personal touch. We live in the neighborhood and eat out frequently. We will definitely be back, and already are looking forward to bringing our grown children who have a great selection of restaurants in Dallas. This one is a strong contender!Special Features:
- StewDined on 9/27/2014They were very accommodating when I requested a specific area to sit. My server, Rebecca, did a wonderful job of recommending certain dishes based upon what I was looking for in a course. Plus the timing of receiving my courses was right on....my compliments to the chef and my server, Rebecca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageDkcardsDined on 9/26/2014The steak is average at best. Don't misunderstand me it was good but for a $64 filet I've definetly had much better. Would consider coming back but would order something other then a steak. Atmosphere and service were outstanding.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/25/2014We had a wonderful lunch. The food was perfect and brought out in a timely manner. The waitress was wonderful. She was professional, not pushy. She did not remove plates until all were finished . This rarely happens anymore . A pleasure not to make the others at the table feel rushed. Desert was also good.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Our entire experience was fantastic! The drinks were delicious and our filet was cooked perfectly! I want to thank David and Hector for fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014Went with wife and son for second time, they had just done some work on the roof so we ate outside. The food, service, evening was great. my wife feels the seafood Campenchana is the best she ever had. A great place to go for a drink or dinner.Special Features:
- Chef with an attitudehoustondinerVIPDined on 9/17/2014It was a rainy Wednesday with a total of 10 customers for lunch. The chef/owner came out to see who was there and since no own seem important enough he walked back to the back. A good restaurateur would have come to each of the tables and thanked them for coming out in the rain and asked how they liked the food etc. Did not make me feel welcomed....and in Houston that is a deal breaker.Special Features:
- Brunchtrevnoc2Dined on 9/14/2014We tried Sunday brunch with a party of 6 people, it was ok but not more. Ambiance: very noisy, the music was very loud, the ceiling does not absorbe the noise. It is not confortable. Food : The buffet was just OK, the eggs Benedict was not something to remember, the steak was very good, the others were average. Drink: The Bloody Mary was excellent Service: It was a slow start, the time for the waitress to wake up, but after the service was very good. In Houston, you will find a lot of better place for Brunch. In the past I was for lunch and it was very good, may be I was lucky, unfortunately I did not buy a lottery ticket.
- Great food & lovely serviceeatsomedrinkmoreDined on 9/13/2014Went this Saturday night and had a great time. The food was wonderful, a bit limited but everyone enjoyed everything they ordered. Wine, food and even dessert was wonderful. Thank you 60 Degrees for a perfect night!Special Features:
- savorythoughtsDined on 9/12/2014Fantastic! We had a great meal and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- DeliciousBradleyDined on 9/11/2014We had a great night here with another couple on Thurs. Definitely worth checking out.Special Features:
- bountiful buffet on SundaynibblesVIPDined on 9/7/2014there was even music. They are aware it is too loud and working on it-the décor is fascinating. The buffet has a wide variety plus you have an entrée also. Devilled eggs are always a hit. This never disappoints as being a fabulous restaurant. Highly recommend for delicious food and an imaginative drinks list..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent food and Trinity was very knowledgeable about the history of the restaurant and the menu. Well timed presentation. Bryce, Manager, also stopped by which was a nice touch.Special Features:
- DissappointedZomperVIPDined on 9/6/2014Service was tenuous and lame. Noise level made it difficult to talk across table and waiter. Food is over rated. Empty appetizer plate sat in from of me almost until I was ready to put it myself on the adjoining table. Large party in back added to the noise, no effort to close off, add this to way to loud thumping music and your brain is fried. Will not be back!!
- Not worth itLinGenDined on 9/5/2014We went Friday for dinner and they were not busy and the service was not good. For the price and quality of food I would never go back. Waiter was nice but again for the price of the restaurant he was no expert on the menu or wine list.
- Noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014I would recommend a friend to try the restaurant once for the interesting menu. The floors are beautiful BUT reflect noise and i avoid noisy restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were warnedslinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014The table initially offered was by the kitchen - extra busy, noisy and a bit warm. After 15 minutes, we got a window table. I don't know whether it's a poorly designed a/c system, way too much humidity, but the vents drip condensate. A busboy came by every 20 minutes with a "mop" that would dry them temporarily after we got up from the table as the process rained down copious amounts of water. We selected from the Restaurant Weeks menu - otherwise my steak would have been $8/oz, 6 oz minimum. Others at our table were happy with their fish, but the steak was tough although tasty. When we ordered coffee after the meal (approx 8:15 pm) we were informed that they just realized they just realized they were out of milk & cream.