60 Degrees Mastercrafted
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
Upper Kirby / Shepherd Corridor
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
60 Degrees Mastercrafted
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.60dmc.com/
- Phone: 713-360-7757x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Dinner: Friday & Saturday 6:00 pm -11:00 pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00 am - 3:00pm
Bar Service: Tuesday - Friday - 11:00 am to Close
Saturday: 3:00 pm to Close
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday - 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Closed Mondays, available for private functions
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Fritz Gitschner CMC, AAc
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
A word from 60 Degrees Mastercrafted
Certified Master Chef Fritz Gitschner's new restaurant concept, 60 Degrees Mastercrafted, is located in the Upper Kirby District of Houston, Texas. 60 DMC promises to highlight Chef Gitschner's culinary diversity in a warm, casual, contemporary atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
60 Degrees Mastercrafted - Best Restaurants in Upper Kirby / Shepherd Corridor ›
60 Degrees Mastercrafted reviews from OpenTable diners
239 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (149)special occasion (89)neighborhood gem (79)hot spot (78)great for outdoor dining (66)great for lunch (54)notable wine list (49)good for groups (43)great for brunch (40)romantic (39)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (15)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Band was too loudHtownFoodieDined on 10/19/2014We really enjoyed sitting on the patio for Sunday Brunch, but could hardly hear our conversation. We even asked for the house music to be turned down when the band was on a break. The band was enjoyable, but were really more suited to an evening performance and not Sunday brunch. They kept wanting everyone to come up and dance. A nice (soft) jazz ensemble would have been much more enjoyable for a lazy brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperiencemcfernzDined on 10/18/2014There is brunch special on Sunday. Go check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Distracting...MaryDined on 10/17/2014There seemed to be people rushing about around us all evening. This had the effect of making us feel that we were in the middle of a busy traffic junction. We had asked for a table closer to the window/wall but were told it was reserved. An hour later it was still vacant. Too "busy" for my liking. I prefer to be relaxed in a calming atmosphere when eating out.Special Features:
- Needs some workMooonDined on 10/17/2014lets just say over priced trying to hard wanna be steakhouse, save your money and hit up Pappas Steakhouse... Service was great food was terrible... how do you mess up a french fry???... small plates big prices.. Got a lot of work to do before you can charge what you do for a Fancy name for a steak...
- AmazingtwhiteDined on 10/11/2014Cowboy steak is amazing! I would recommend it to anyone. We love the food and atmosphere. The staff is awesome greatSpecial Features:
- Great Food and FunOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We really enjoyed our meal, unique and prepared perfectly. The bartender David was so friendly and informative that stayed in the bar for the whole time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Fritz Gitschner is one of very few certified Master Chefs in the U.S. I haven't met him, but the food is excellent, as is the service. I've been there three times and I'll be back again.Special Features:
- Great brunch!carandDined on 10/5/2014The appetizer and dessert buffets could satisfy anyone! And our entrees were terrific!Special Features:
- Great patiogolferdude1Dined on 10/4/2014Wonderful evening to eat outside. Patio was nice. Robert our server was super. Short ribs were awesome. Seafood stew just ok. Needed more kick and bigger pieces. Overall great place. Will come back and sit in the nice dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time was had by all !!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014I took 6 good friends for dinner and we had the best time. We had white and red wines from Austria that were delicious. Everyone enjoyed their meal, and for dessert I had preordered their "slice of heaven" and everyone agreed that it really was. The service was first class. I'll come back again and again. My new favorite place in town.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationdocsamDined on 10/4/2014I expected a noisy din I no experience with decent food. I found a moderate noise level with attentive servers and managers. I didn't quite know what to expect as there was no online menu to peruse prior to arrival. The server was helpful in explaining options and making recommendations. There was a variety to suit varied tastes. Meals were well prepared and tasty at a reasonable price. For those who enjoy outdoor dining, the patio provides outdoor seating just a few steps away from a great view of Westheimer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChefMaryjomDined on 10/3/2014Upon first arriving at the restaurant, the Chef greeted us, asked if we'd been there before, and welcomed us. Very nice touch.Special Features:
- Not a beer place!goodDined on 10/2/2014We had no idea what a wonderful dining experience we were about to have. Somehow, the work "mastercrafted" in the name made us think of beer! We had no idea that the word referred, instead, to the chef/owner who is a master chef! The food and service were exceptional. The owner/chef came by our table which was a nice, personal touch. We live in the neighborhood and eat out frequently. We will definitely be back, and already are looking forward to bringing our grown children who have a great selection of restaurants in Dallas. This one is a strong contender!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014They were very accommodating when I requested a specific area to sit. My server, Rebecca, did a wonderful job of recommending certain dishes based upon what I was looking for in a course. Plus the timing of receiving my courses was right on....my compliments to the chef and my server, Rebecca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageDkcardsDined on 9/26/2014The steak is average at best. Don't misunderstand me it was good but for a $64 filet I've definetly had much better. Would consider coming back but would order something other then a steak. Atmosphere and service were outstanding.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/25/2014We had a wonderful lunch. The food was perfect and brought out in a timely manner. The waitress was wonderful. She was professional, not pushy. She did not remove plates until all were finished . This rarely happens anymore . A pleasure not to make the others at the table feel rushed. Desert was also good.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Our entire experience was fantastic! The drinks were delicious and our filet was cooked perfectly! I want to thank David and Hector for fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014Went with wife and son for second time, they had just done some work on the roof so we ate outside. The food, service, evening was great. my wife feels the seafood Campenchana is the best she ever had. A great place to go for a drink or dinner.Special Features:
- Chef with an attitudehoustondinerVIPDined on 9/17/2014It was a rainy Wednesday with a total of 10 customers for lunch. The chef/owner came out to see who was there and since no own seem important enough he walked back to the back. A good restaurateur would have come to each of the tables and thanked them for coming out in the rain and asked how they liked the food etc. Did not make me feel welcomed....and in Houston that is a deal breaker.Special Features:
- Brunchtrevnoc2Dined on 9/14/2014We tried Sunday brunch with a party of 6 people, it was ok but not more. Ambiance: very noisy, the music was very loud, the ceiling does not absorbe the noise. It is not confortable. Food : The buffet was just OK, the eggs Benedict was not something to remember, the steak was very good, the others were average. Drink: The Bloody Mary was excellent Service: It was a slow start, the time for the waitress to wake up, but after the service was very good. In Houston, you will find a lot of better place for Brunch. In the past I was for lunch and it was very good, may be I was lucky, unfortunately I did not buy a lottery ticket.
- Great food & lovely serviceeatsomedrinkmoreDined on 9/13/2014Went this Saturday night and had a great time. The food was wonderful, a bit limited but everyone enjoyed everything they ordered. Wine, food and even dessert was wonderful. Thank you 60 Degrees for a perfect night!Special Features:
- savorythoughtsDined on 9/12/2014Fantastic! We had a great meal and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- DeliciousBradleyDined on 9/11/2014We had a great night here with another couple on Thurs. Definitely worth checking out.Special Features:
- bountiful buffet on SundaynibblesVIPDined on 9/7/2014there was even music. They are aware it is too loud and working on it-the décor is fascinating. The buffet has a wide variety plus you have an entrée also. Devilled eggs are always a hit. This never disappoints as being a fabulous restaurant. Highly recommend for delicious food and an imaginative drinks list..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent food and Trinity was very knowledgeable about the history of the restaurant and the menu. Well timed presentation. Bryce, Manager, also stopped by which was a nice touch.Special Features:
- DissappointedZomperVIPDined on 9/6/2014Service was tenuous and lame. Noise level made it difficult to talk across table and waiter. Food is over rated. Empty appetizer plate sat in from of me almost until I was ready to put it myself on the adjoining table. Large party in back added to the noise, no effort to close off, add this to way to loud thumping music and your brain is fried. Will not be back!!
- Not worth itLinGenDined on 9/5/2014We went Friday for dinner and they were not busy and the service was not good. For the price and quality of food I would never go back. Waiter was nice but again for the price of the restaurant he was no expert on the menu or wine list.
- Noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014I would recommend a friend to try the restaurant once for the interesting menu. The floors are beautiful BUT reflect noise and i avoid noisy restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were warnedslinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014The table initially offered was by the kitchen - extra busy, noisy and a bit warm. After 15 minutes, we got a window table. I don't know whether it's a poorly designed a/c system, way too much humidity, but the vents drip condensate. A busboy came by every 20 minutes with a "mop" that would dry them temporarily after we got up from the table as the process rained down copious amounts of water. We selected from the Restaurant Weeks menu - otherwise my steak would have been $8/oz, 6 oz minimum. Others at our table were happy with their fish, but the steak was tough although tasty. When we ordered coffee after the meal (approx 8:15 pm) we were informed that they just realized they just realized they were out of milk & cream.
- Overall good experienceClintVIPDined on 8/30/2014Went for HRW. 4 course meal had some creative choices that were well prepared. Beef carpaccio was excellent, and the lamb shoulder was tender and paired well with a yogurt sauce. Would definitely go back to try their regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014Went for the first time during HRW. We were immediately put off by the attitude of the hostesses--who asked us to have a drink at the bar while the restaurant got ready to open. Two problems there: we were the FIRST diners in the restaurant and were there five minutes AFTER they are supposed to be open. 10 minutes later, they got their act together and seated about 8 tables of folks. Food was VERY good especially my lamb shoulder/merguez sausage entree. Too bad I can't order that dish if I were to go back since it's not on the regular menu. Nor for that matter was my wife's entree nor either of the starters that we ordered. Not sure I quite get that, but.... Wine list is diverse but VERY EXPENSIVE. Just 3 reds under $60.Special Features:
- luv2dineDined on 8/29/2014Amazing, delicious food and very good service! A little on the loud side as it was a full house, not so much a negative as it was a great dining experience. Definitely want to go back for lunch and Sunday brunch!Special Features:
- Great Food, Crowded DiningJenHeartsHoustonVIPDined on 8/29/2014It was a little disappointing because I had such high expectations for 60 Degrees Mastercrafted. The food was delicious so I was very satisfied with that. The ambiance was highly disappointing. The dining room is extremely crowded, with tables literally stuffed as close as possible. This in turn made service a little awkward. I would recommend this place to my foodie friends but I am not sure I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotAllInpressedAllaboutfoodDined on 8/29/2014Went for HRW menu. Overall food was ok, although I was not that impressed. I don't plan to come back any as there are better restaurants with a lot better food. On the positive side, the restaurant looks cute and has that hot spot feeling. On the negative side, too many tables very close to each other (to the point I felt my personal space was crossed), very noisy and front desk seemed slow, like stoned. The menu sounded better than it tasted or looked. The Cesar Salad was a JOKE (3 pieces of lettuce with a sprinkle of cheese). The portions were very small. I kinda regret to have chosen 60 degrees for HRW menu. Not my favorite.Special Features:
- Like hearing your fellow diners?cutiepieDined on 8/29/2014Entered with high hopes. Left with a headache. Very disappointed. Sat down and learned ac vent was dripping water, since it dropped on me. Mentioned to hostess, manager was bwsdue her. Neither apologized nor did they make an effort to ensure others did not sit on same seat. Tables very close. Sound reverberates due to design. Ordered HRW menu salmon good, fish needed seasoning, olive oil cake overly sweet and "buttery". Chef came out spoke to table beside us and then stood around. Guess he is not interested in speaking with guests.
- Excellent food and Great StaffFoodieNerdDined on 8/28/2014Loved the food and the staff was extremely nice and attentive. Would keep going. The dinner rush does get a bit loud but not suprised with how popular this place is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waaaaaaay too loud, but great foodawilli646VIPDined on 8/28/2014We went to this restaurant for lunch on a weekday during Restaurant Month. The restaurant was pretty full, but way too loud. There were not any large groups, but my wife and I could not have a conversation without yelling. The food, when it came, was very, very good.Special Features:
- Wonderful spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014This was my first time eating here and I will definitely be returning! I just ate at the bar but, the service was still great. The food and wine pairings were amazing and the bartender, David, was very accommodating. Just a great place for either a drink or dinner with friends. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- great steaks; loud settinggcfoodDined on 8/27/2014A little difficult to have a private conversation...otherwise perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisiest restaurant in Houston!poopyDined on 8/27/2014The food was great, the service was terrific but I left feeling I had just spent my lunch hour in a dance club!Special Features: