60 Degrees Mastercrafted
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
Upper Kirby / Shepherd Corridor
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
60 Degrees Mastercrafted
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.60dmc.com/
- Phone: 713-360-7757x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Dinner: Friday & Saturday 6:00 pm -11:00 pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00 am - 3:00pm
Bar Service: Tuesday - Friday - 11:00 am to Close
Saturday: 3:00 pm to Close
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday - 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Closed Mondays, available for private functions
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Fritz Gitschner CMC, AAc
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
A word from 60 Degrees Mastercrafted
Certified Master Chef Fritz Gitschner's new restaurant concept, 60 Degrees Mastercrafted, is located in the Upper Kirby District of Houston, Texas. 60 DMC promises to highlight Chef Gitschner's culinary diversity in a warm, casual, contemporary atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
60 Degrees Mastercrafted - Best Restaurants in Upper Kirby / Shepherd Corridor ›
60 Degrees Mastercrafted reviews from OpenTable diners
266 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (144)special occasion (96)great for outdoor dining (90)neighborhood gem (84)hot spot (78)great for lunch (60)notable wine list (50)good for groups (49)great for brunch (48)romantic (42)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (17)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- We were warnedslinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014The table initially offered was by the kitchen - extra busy, noisy and a bit warm. After 15 minutes, we got a window table. I don't know whether it's a poorly designed a/c system, way too much humidity, but the vents drip condensate. A busboy came by every 20 minutes with a "mop" that would dry them temporarily after we got up from the table as the process rained down copious amounts of water. We selected from the Restaurant Weeks menu - otherwise my steak would have been $8/oz, 6 oz minimum. Others at our table were happy with their fish, but the steak was tough although tasty. When we ordered coffee after the meal (approx 8:15 pm) we were informed that they just realized they just realized they were out of milk & cream.
- Overall good experienceClintVIPDined on 8/30/2014Went for HRW. 4 course meal had some creative choices that were well prepared. Beef carpaccio was excellent, and the lamb shoulder was tender and paired well with a yogurt sauce. Would definitely go back to try their regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 8/29/2014Amazing, delicious food and very good service! A little on the loud side as it was a full house, not so much a negative as it was a great dining experience. Definitely want to go back for lunch and Sunday brunch!Special Features:
- Great Food, Crowded DiningJenHeartsHoustonVIPDined on 8/29/2014It was a little disappointing because I had such high expectations for 60 Degrees Mastercrafted. The food was delicious so I was very satisfied with that. The ambiance was highly disappointing. The dining room is extremely crowded, with tables literally stuffed as close as possible. This in turn made service a little awkward. I would recommend this place to my foodie friends but I am not sure I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotAllInpressedAllaboutfoodDined on 8/29/2014Went for HRW menu. Overall food was ok, although I was not that impressed. I don't plan to come back any as there are better restaurants with a lot better food. On the positive side, the restaurant looks cute and has that hot spot feeling. On the negative side, too many tables very close to each other (to the point I felt my personal space was crossed), very noisy and front desk seemed slow, like stoned. The menu sounded better than it tasted or looked. The Cesar Salad was a JOKE (3 pieces of lettuce with a sprinkle of cheese). The portions were very small. I kinda regret to have chosen 60 degrees for HRW menu. Not my favorite.Special Features:
- Like hearing your fellow diners?cutiepieDined on 8/29/2014Entered with high hopes. Left with a headache. Very disappointed. Sat down and learned ac vent was dripping water, since it dropped on me. Mentioned to hostess, manager was bwsdue her. Neither apologized nor did they make an effort to ensure others did not sit on same seat. Tables very close. Sound reverberates due to design. Ordered HRW menu salmon good, fish needed seasoning, olive oil cake overly sweet and "buttery". Chef came out spoke to table beside us and then stood around. Guess he is not interested in speaking with guests.
- Excellent food and Great StaffFoodieNerdDined on 8/28/2014Loved the food and the staff was extremely nice and attentive. Would keep going. The dinner rush does get a bit loud but not suprised with how popular this place is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waaaaaaay too loud, but great foodawilli646VIPDined on 8/28/2014We went to this restaurant for lunch on a weekday during Restaurant Month. The restaurant was pretty full, but way too loud. There were not any large groups, but my wife and I could not have a conversation without yelling. The food, when it came, was very, very good.Special Features:
- Wonderful spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014This was my first time eating here and I will definitely be returning! I just ate at the bar but, the service was still great. The food and wine pairings were amazing and the bartender, David, was very accommodating. Just a great place for either a drink or dinner with friends. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- great steaks; loud settinggcfoodDined on 8/27/2014A little difficult to have a private conversation...otherwise perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisiest restaurant in Houston!poopyDined on 8/27/2014The food was great, the service was terrific but I left feeling I had just spent my lunch hour in a dance club!Special Features:
- Mandatory valet parkingVisitorVIPDined on 8/27/2014I do not choose to valet park my car, and it annoys me when the restaurant's parking lot is completely reserved for valet parking.Special Features:
- Lunch at 60 degree during HRWtrevnoc2Dined on 8/27/2014Location: Very good location Reception: Very good Ambiance; cosmopolitan Food: Appetizer “House smoking salmon” the smoked salmon was slice on thick side, it was a very good idea, tasted very good. Entree: Chicken Piccata, was cook perfectly with the right amount of sauce. Dessert: “White Chocolate crème Brule” and the “Cooked strawberry” very good. Service: Excellent Price: The lunch HRW was a bargain for the price. I will be back in September to check the Brunch and Dinner, it is a fact the price are not cheap out of HRW, but if the quality of brunch and dinner is as good as the HRW lunch, I think it will be a fair price. (I am not talking of the $ 200.00 hamburger it is only a gimmick)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodsaintDined on 8/26/2014i came for the restaurant week, the food is so impressive. Just like what the server said, they care about the quality more than the quantity. From the appetizer to the dessert, everything is delicious. The service is not bad, but they can provided a better one.Special Features:
- Great Food and fun decorJulesDined on 8/26/2014We had Dinner during HRW and enjoyed our meal. I had a steak that was cooked and seasoned perfect. My husband had the Lamb, and he said he would order again. Great Wines!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Food was not that good, service was terrible and they incorrectly flagged gluten free on a meal that was clearly not gluten free. I would not go back. thanks!Special Features:
- DisappointedChezSkyeVIPDined on 8/24/2014Wait to take order was too long. Took 20 minutes to water. My husband and I went here for Houston Restaurant Week, but was told by waiter that they were not doing HRW. I overheard others with the same comments. Tables were so close together I had to scoot just to get to my seat. Food was okay. I ordered the Braised Short Ribs. The flavor was good, but there was 85% gristle with 15% meat. My husband had the steak and he was pleased with it. Dessert buffet had a lot of choices, but the pastries were stale, the bananas foster had been prepared in advance and were sitting in liquid. I may try again IF it were at a special HRW price as we originally thought, but not at their regular prices.
- I will returnHardtopleaseDined on 8/24/2014I am Rather hard on resturants. Bit this one passed. Service is excellent.obvious management constant supervision. Brunch has a pre entray buffet table, ( samon, cheese, biscuts, olives, etc ) entrays seved at table, then desert another table. ( fix prex $39 & breverage per person. ) Live music, talented but loud !! Really to loud for a Sunday brunch. Brunch had several after church families, which means children. I enjoy children but not when buffet tables are in use. I observed one young lady touch every desert, ( even a finger poke into the cheese cake ) ending with one cookie. The dangers of buffet tables serving children with inattentive parents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'M JUST IN LOVE WITH THIS PLACE!!FoodieforlifeDined on 8/23/2014Love, Love, Love this new hot spot!! It is a very chic, trendy, and hip atmosphere and the food did not disappoint. This restaurant is one of the few that offered 4 courses for HRW and each course was a work of art. Our waitress was very friendly and personable and really showcased her knowledge of the food. Oh, and the very best part was getting to meet Nell, co-owner of the restaurant! Nell is simply an amazing lady...very beautiful inside and out. She came over and talked to us like we were old friends of hers. She gave us the history of the restaurant, and when we were leaving...Nell gave us a tour of the outside patio and hugged us good bye!! Great food and Nell's hospitality...you can't beat it...see you again soon!Special Features:
- Treated royallyepicureanliteDined on 8/22/2014We brought our friends from out of town in for dinner Friday evening and being restaurateurs themselves, they were very impressed with the food, presentation, service and intrigued by the atmosphere and concept. We enjoy each and every time we dine here and as happy as we are that the menu is creative and changes seasonally, there are dishes that we miss because they were so yummy on a previous visit! Thanks for a lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleregularVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our waiter was smug all thru dinner. The manager came by to pick up plates but never onced asked hows the food hows the service hows everything. Ive never had a manager not even apologize for the poor service and flat out lie to my face. Instead tries to compensate w how about I buy the table champagne. We didnt want anything free. That wasnt the intent of the complaint but for him to remediate the situation. Having worked in the industry before I tend to give slack on some things. However, our experience is beyond unacceptable and horrible. At least the valet folks are polite and nice.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014The food was good, not outstanding. The hostess was rude and abrupt. not welcoming which colored the whole experience. Parking was awful. There was not enough staff to accommodate the crowd, The valets left cars running with keys in cars and a/c running while they went around the building to park other cars, Cars waiting to be parked were left for 10 or more minutes and could have been stolen if any one had that intent. Both valets were not in the area as they were parking other cars.
- Great cocktails and fooddfoodieDined on 8/22/2014My husband had the strawberry moonshine and I had a pineapple citrus cocktail. Both were refreshing and superb. We had the smoked salmon appetizer and I highly recommend it. The burger was fantastic and not greasy. We also ordered sweet potato fries which were crisp and not overly fried. We tried the Creme brûlée and flambeed strawberries. I think the creme brûlée was the better as it was creamy and light. The strawberry dessert was akin to a shortcake flambeed. Very good just heavy after the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jetsetterDined on 8/21/2014We invited business associates for dinner and realized once there that I made the reservation for the following week. Good grief! The manager and staff were very accommodating and found a great table for all of us to sit! The restaurant was very energetic and our waitress, Trinity, was wonderful and very knowledgeable about the food, even recommended a few dishes for us. The food was fabulous, I had the beef tips and I would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge disappointmentTomtheFoodieDined on 8/21/2014Arrived 20 minutes early told table not ready but would be 5 minutes - went to bar to wait - 45 minutes have to remind hostess that we are still waiting - she said 5 min. We were in a back room that the noise level where we were assaulted by the noise level. Sitting was @ banquette where we were so close we could have shared plates. Impossible to have a conversation especially due yo another table - 3 tables away occupied by Rodney Daingerfield. Decided to make the best of it - waiter seemed to be 1st day on job - ordered a nice bottle of wine which after finishing 1st course reminded the waiter about the wine -oh he said. Wine finally came with 2nd course which after - the main course arrived which was sent back - YUK!!!!!!
- Valet car service a disaster!Tunatrout7014Dined on 8/21/2014The valet car service was a disaster. The parking attendant dropped my car key in another customer's car. When I went for my car, the attendants could not find the key. The manager of the car service proceeded to look in every car so he said. After complaining to the restaurant manager, he came out. After 30 minutes, the manager of the car service asked if he could drive me to get a spare key. Luckily a customer who had left earlier than me called to report that they had found a set of car keys in their car. Because of this fiasco I had to cancel and pay for a previously scheduled appointment. The restaurant manager apologized and said they would be sending me something in the mail. After a week I have received nothing. LOUSY SERVICE!
- It was okayfoodiefoolVIPDined on 8/21/2014Went for lunch during Houston Restaurant Weeks. The food was good but nothing special. The staff were not too excited to be helping us. I felt like they would all rather not be participating in HRW....so why do it? Pretty restaurant....nothing special regarding food. Probably won't be back. I will say though, if you go, the Strawberry Flambé (which was not flambé so not sure why they named it that) was my favorite part of the meal--not too sweet, nice herb flavor throughout the strawberries. Because of the indifference of the waitstaff, I can't imagine that I'll go back.
- Great food & presentation, but...Food4fourDined on 8/20/2014We were seated in a back dining room. The tables were so close together that the waiters could not properly serve the food. They even put tables for 2 in the middle of the small room where everyone had to try and get past them in order to move in and out of the space. And the noise level was unreal - our 2 kids 23 and 26 walked out complaining how loud it was. All of this really took away from what would have been a wonderful meal if the setting had been a bit more diner friendly. I cannot be sure, but it did seem that the main dining room was much quieter when we emerged to leave!Special Features:
- Tastefully DoneFoodieVIPDined on 8/20/201460 Degrees has such a great southern dish menu with a twist. Very well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Restaurants WeeksHtownHappyDined on 8/20/2014Great place for Restaurants Weeks...a little pricey for regular menu. Would like to see more cost effective wines on the wine list too...there are delicious wines available that are at a better price point for more regular visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not disappoint!taliehairDined on 8/20/2014Dined here twice for lunch (1) 10 coworkers and (2) Houston Restaurant Weeks. So impressed with everything - app/entrée/sides/dessert. Group split a 30oz steak and ordered entrees/salads/sides. For HRW, my friend and I split the burger and sea bass - delish! I highly recommend the onion rings (huge, served in a tower), brussels sprouts, & mac/cheese. While we were there, someone ordered the $100 burger (yes, you read that right!) and the staff made a big commotion - even rang the old western 'come to dinner' triangle bell. Restaurant is clean and modern, lots of service people and attention to detail. If I had one complaint, it would be the noise level, but that just says to me that it's a hot spot and people are excited to be there!Special Features:
- Good restaurant week findJasonDined on 8/19/2014Food was really good, service was exceptional. Cool and fun vibe. It's was really loud and crowded, so it was difficult to maintain conversation across the large two-top table. Would definitely return to try the regular menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service Great BUT....dianesdishDined on 8/19/2014Table arrangement in the restaurant is weird....you are literally 3-5 inches away from the table next to you. Food & Service was GREAT!!! It was very loud and made it hard to hear the person across from you, which made you talk louder and in turn...it felt like the table next to me could hear us talking. No privacy!
- superbnibblesVIPDined on 8/19/2014each dish has a wonderful touch of genius--there is a young hip crowd here in this gorgeous building--worth every penny-they have a happy hour and Wednesday ladies special at the bar, but come for the food; it is beyond delicious. Have not had a bad bite so do not know what to recommend-hurry up before Restaurant weeks is over and taste a large selection...Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- maincourseVIPDined on 8/19/2014Good food but slow and indifferent service at lunchSpecial Features:
- Good, but No Self Parking& HRW SnubF00DL0V3RDined on 8/19/2014A friend of mine and I decided to try 60 Degrees for lunch for Houston Restaurant Week. Valet-only parking was a real turn-off, especially when we had to wait 15 minutes to get our cars after a long lunch and trying to get back to the office. The food was tasty and offerings were unique, but I really did not appreciate the chef's/restaurant's "snub" when I was served my main course. The presentation consisted of small to medium burger placed all the way on the right of on an elongated rectangular plate, with an obvious void that shouted out "I am cheap and didn't order any accompaniments."(like fries we saw others were served), although I was never offered that option. Also, my burger was missing the tomato mentioned on the menu.Special Features:
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014We arrived at 60 Degrees Mastercrafted for lunch. We were shown to a table and given menu. A waiter approached and asked what we wanted to order. No do you have any questions about the menu, no would you like something to drink, nothing. Food was good but the waiter made the experience unpleasant. Even the valet parking attendant was very nice.Special Features:
- New Houston gemreviewer341VIPDined on 8/16/2014During Houston Restaurant Weeks, we try new restaurants. We live in the neighborhood and decided to try 60 Degrees Mastercrafted. We will return. Our waiter was attentive and readily available. The menu was diverse.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The resturant is smaller than you'd expect, which equates to the perfect size. Food and services was outstanding. We will dine here again. Btw there is a $200 burger on the menu, I'm intrigued!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itCornerDined on 8/15/2014Visited this restaurant for lunch as a part of HRW. Parking is comp valet. The server was nice, knowledgeable and attentive, although it can be hard to hear with the noise of the restaurant. The tables are arranged close together, so this may not be the place if you are searching for a romatic or intimate setting without sharing conversation with those around you. The chilled starter soup was good, but I may try something else next time. The sea bass entree was fresh, cooked perfectly, and with excellent flavor. Also, the creme brulee dessert with the chocolate bar garish was marvelous! My only complaint at the end is that I wanted more! Bravo, 60 Degrees Mastercrafted, we plan to return for the brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.