7051 E. 5th Ave.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
5th and Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.5thandwine.com/
- Phone: 4806998001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Butler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Looking for some flavorful food for your next event? 5th and Wine can drop off your favorite food or provide full-service catering.
- Private Party Facilities: 5th and Wine has several areas to host your get together. A wine tasting in the living room, a business meeting or murder mystery dinner in the fountain room, or a wedding rehearsal dinner in our spacious courtyard. Options & opportunities are endless.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Yanni 4806998001
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday, Friday, & Saturday nights from 6:30pm - 9:30pm.
- Cross Street: Marshall Way
- Public Transit: Free old town trolley stop outside our door.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is an ample amount of parking on 5th Avenue, on Marshall Way, and in the public parking lot for the 5th Ave Shops just 50 yards away at 5th Ave & Goldwater
5th and Wine is perfect for stopping by during the day and ordering from our delicious lunch menu or come by after work, and check out our enticing Happy Hour. Our tantalizing options include bruschetta, calamari, strawberry gorgonzola salad, various Panini’s, sandwiches, entrees, or great 5th and Wine burger… don't forget to add bacon, and our chef's delicious daily features.
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
- Great birthday dinner!JoshDined on 6/28/2014Took my wife and she loved it. Great place for dinner and wine anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5th & DivinePhoenixBitesDined on 5/24/2014I popped in with a friend last weekend to catch up and share some dishes. I was delighted by the ambiance of the space. The artwork of Ron Burns was in full display and aided in creating a whimsical ambiance. Our server was delightful and was very helpful in drink choices. I opted for the Root Beer Float martini, and I warn you; it is delicious and dangerous. There is nothing but booze in that beautiful concoction, so a little goes a long way! I enjoyed the Ahi Poke as well as the Hummus Plate. Both dishes were perfectly prepared and thoroughly enjoyed. 5th & Wine seems to be the perfect place to meet up with friends and enjoy each others company over a drink and some carefully and well though out dishes.Special Features:
- Nice Restaurant with PatioHibiscusDined on 5/23/2014My husband and I have been here a few times and overall enjoy this place very much, especially the patio, HH deals, and bruschetta. On this visit we sat outside for lunch and a glass of wine. I assume they had an event because they started moving the set-up around during our meal. I wish the host had told us they would be doing that when we got there because it was very distracting, and my husband was accidentally hit by an item the staff moved while we were dining. It wasn't a big deal, and the manager did make amends, but the experience that day wasn't as relaxing as we had hoped. The other note I'd make is that they need to train their staff more on wine. That said, we will be back.Special Features:
- Something different, but goodBhawks13VIPDined on 5/23/2014Terrific location right on 5th Ave. and a nicely hidden outdoor patio was the location for our leisurely lunch. Terrific service (perfectly paced) allowed us to enjoy a leisurely 2 1/2 meal. Never felt rushed or that we were taking up space, once the bill was paid. The food was delish - my wife had the house roasted turkey sandwich, our friend had the chicken sandwich and I had Banh Mi, a Vietnamese sandwich with caramelized pork belly, cilantro (yum) and all kinds of goodies mixed in - I would highly recommend it. Definitely will come back the next time we're on vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day...TobyVIPDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed the family dinner on Sunday. Food was incredible! Don't know why it wasn't busier. Very few tables filled when we came in yet service was slow and they rushed entree out before we finished with appetizers...Little disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchJonesForDinnerDined on 5/11/2014Everything about our meal and experience was exceptional. Thanks to Scott, our waiter, and the manager for doing an awesome job for us. Yes, we will be returning!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning !visionarymanDined on 5/6/2014This restaurant Is one classy place. The food is just magnificent and the wine is superb. Best of all the service is the best I have seen anywhere. The staff knows there stuff !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableGalaVIPDined on 5/3/2014This evening was much different than the last time there. We were seated where i requestef and everything was enjoyable. The music by Stan Sorenson was fabulous, the fries were exceptional, and our waitress was friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 205 reviews are from the 5th and Wine reviews archive.
- Disappointing.azdogmamaDined on 4/20/2014Have eaten at 5th & Wine before, and when my parents came to visit for Easter, I thought it the perfect place for brunch. Unfortunately, not. First, even though it was only 11 a.m., and we were some of the first people in the restaurant, we were informed they were out of Bellini mix when I tried to order it. Then, we were told "Classic" brunch entree came with over-medium eggs, but the eggs came scrambled. When my sister-in-law asked about the "gluten free" option for the Classic ('gfo' was noted beside it on the menu), the waiter told us it came w/gluten free bread. It did not. A manager came to "address" these issues but was actually really brusque with us about it. Loved this place in the past, but we may not go back after this.Special Features:
- DisappointedGalaVIPDined on 4/12/2014I wanted to be by the music and they set the music up outside and placed my reservation inside. I had a guest in from out of town and wanted yhem to hear the musician playing that evening. Also my fish was undercooked and my guests fish waa over cooked. I will say that our waitor was great....the rest of the wirkung team fell short.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location in heart of Old TownPhxDadVIPDined on 4/5/2014Great location with a good menu. Something for everyone.Special Features:
- Nice spotTobyVIPDined on 3/27/2014We thoroughly enjoy the restaurant every time we come. Everyone is so friendly and accommodating. Wish the acoustics were better. It can get pretty loud do you can't talk to people at your table.Special Features:
- Big disappoinment; can't recommendMarathonManVIPDined on 3/21/2014With so many great restaurants in Scottsdale, it's hard to imagine why this place is so busy. We had a great experience there on Valentine's Day. We decided if they passed our test on a holiday, we were safe in taking friends to dinner on a Friday evening. Big mistake! The only good thing about the evening was the Bordeaux meritage we ordered, the same wine we enjoyed on Valentine's Day. - On Friday, the music was extremely loud; music should compliment the experience, not take it over. We could not hear each other talk at our table of four. As for the food, it was average. A $15 plate of mixed appetizers was suggested by our server; it included four "table water" crackers; 8 - 12 crackers would not have busted their food cost.Special Features:
- EasyPoorHenryVIPDined on 3/15/2014Great neighborhood type place. Simple menu, extensive wine list, great live music, awesome patio. We went during Spring Break AND Spring Training so it was jammed....but the menu is not overly foodie, although it has some different cool items on it---unless you're like me and just want a burger. So, burger and diet coke, and I'm a happy guy---great tunes, good people watching, excellent service. Not too expensive. What else would you want?Special Features:
- Great combination of music and greaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014Food was fantastic, the pork so so bucco was amazing, and the music was great. The band on the patio the night we were there was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right place at the right timeazkerryDined on 2/28/2014Had early reservations at 6:30 and got seated immediately. Our server seemed almost upset as neither of us ordered wine. A noticeable attitude. Aho poke as an appetizer was very tasty. Salad a bruscetta. Were also quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Great food and wine for the price. Live music was very good and helped the scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodandFunDined on 2/15/2014Incredibly noisy. Small portions. Limited menu. Probably better choice for lunch.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day dinnerazdg480Dined on 2/15/2014Sweet and simple. The food was good not great. I had a risotto, great flavor a little under cooked. My fiancé got the steak, which was a little salty and covered in peppercorns. A crazy amount of peppercorns. Service was good considering it was a busy night so no complaints there. Would go back to sample some wines and relax and maybe try dinner again on a slower night!Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantTobyVIPDined on 2/13/2014We've dined twice at 5th & Wine and it's been a great dining experience. The service is always friendly. It's obvious they want you to feel taken care of. The food is consistently very good - nice menu choices and great happy hour offerings. It will definitely be one of our repeats!Special Features:
- Great find...TobyVIPDined on 2/1/2014So glad we found this restaurant. Wonderful dinner with warm, welcoming staff and service and delicious food. We bought a gift card for our daughter and son-in-law so they could experience this restaurant. We hope to return with out of town guests and hope to experience another enjoyable evening. We're see if they're consistently wonderful and then we'll become regulars!Special Features:
- 5th and small winefoodgodVIPDined on 1/31/2014Food was excellent and the service was good too. Happy hour is very affordable. However, the wine list is a bit light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not memorableVictoireVIPDined on 1/10/2014Not as good as I expected. Fried pickles were not as good other restaurants. The shrimp scampi had way too much lemon. Depending on where you are seated, it can me too loud to hear guests at your own table. I will not return...as there are other great restaurants nearby.
- Didn't have a bottle of winePattiVIPDined on 1/8/2014Didn't have a bottle of wine listed on tbeir wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FareAletheaVIPDined on 12/27/2013This was my very first time dining at this establishment. Service was good. The food, and the quality of the food was very good. My only problem was that the portions are so small. I am a woman, and after I left from having dinner, still had to go and get something somewhere else afterwards! Other than that, everything was very good and fresh. I had the Organic Salmon w/Herbed Quinoa. Yum-O!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013Really put off by the small portions. When I brought it to our waiters attention, he was indifferent to the issue and suggested I order something else instead of remedy the issue.Special Features:
- jazz it upDiningdelightVIPDined on 12/6/2013We enjoyed good wine and a lively night of jazz. It is very surprising since it is in a strip shopping center and looks unassuming when you go in but it is great.Special Features:
- Nice Relaxing Sunday AfternoonBmcfieDined on 11/17/20135th and Wine was a great discovery for a Sunday afternoon lunch. The restaurant was surprisingly empty? The food was great, the all day happy hour pricing was even better. I look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2013Treated my wife to 5th and Wine for our four year anniversary. Couldn't be happier with everything. I couldn't believe everything we ordered was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect break from a long triptravelingthruAZDined on 11/6/2013In the heart of Old Town Scottsdale, this little gem was a wonderful surprise. The back patio was a perfect setting for the Ahi and cucumber salad. The tuna was spicy and the not-too-sweet cucumber salad was a perfect balance to the heat. The suggested wine was perfect. The caramel gelatto with pine nut brittle for desert was a delicious finish! The back patio looks like a great place to meet friends for lunch, cocktails or dinner. In case its a little chilly, they do have heaters scattered throughout the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine and munchiessherryshoes1VIPDined on 11/1/2013We went for wine and apps to share. They have 6 different varieties of bruschetta and we tried them all. Delicious crusty bread and great toppings. Especially loved the Apple Brie fig one. Also tried the white cheddar Mac and cheese; very creamy. Also the sweet potato chili cheese tots. These were good, not great. Saw a cheeseburger walk past us for another table and looked delicious. Would probably try next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the bruschetta!YummyVIPDined on 10/19/2013Everything we had was delicious! Loved the live music, a little on the noisy side but pleasant nonetheless. There was a group of obnoxious 40-somethings making a bigger racket -- that was the only downside to our entire evening. We will be back!!! Service was EXCELLENT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid the live music nightsAZgirlVIPDined on 10/19/2013We visited this restaurant after a brief online search for a restaurant near to our Scottsdale hotel. It was a very busy night, so it clearly is popular with the locals. The food was excellent, but the extremely loud live music made it next to impossible to carry on a conversation. While I would visit again, I would choose a night other than those offering live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood restaurant.yossieVIPDined on 10/16/2013great neighborhood restaurant. We walk over to the restaurant at least once a monthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy simple lunch in a veryMightyMDined on 9/28/2013Easy simple lunch in a very nice environment. will come back for dinner one of these days.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2013I love 5th & Wine, and often go there for a Girl's Night Out. The only issue I have with it is that it's incredibly noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Spot for drinks.CaptnVIPDined on 6/14/2013Nice spot to listen to music and have a nice glass of wine. Only had finger food this time, but was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spoiled NightaadamsDined on 6/12/2013I booked this restaurant based on the reviews read on Open Table for my boyfriend's birthday. Unfortunately from the time we arrived to driving away was a bad experience with the staff. They did not seem to care for our business or appreciate that we had chosen their establishment for a special occasion. The hostess didn't care that we had a reservation. We had long waits once seated and a very inattentive waiter even though there were only 2 other tables on the patio. Our drink order was wrong- glass of wine and a coke- not hard. In the end, we had been there over a hour with warm tap water, one drink and an app. We paid and left. We were then stared down by the waiter from the sidewalk as we drove away because we didn't leave a tip.
- Ambiance on patio was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2013Ambiance on patio was awesome and singer was cool but babies were distracting and really not appropriate in this venue - silly parents. Food was 5 star except desert - which was very good and the infused strawberries were great but the mint was over powering - have been there man times and always a good experience.Special Features:
- Bad wine list for wine barOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/13/2013They were out of two wines we asked for and did not offer to do anything to make up for it. As such, there was no New Zealand Sav Blanc and we had to send back replacement as it had horrible nose. Food was good on bright note.