127 N Tryon St
Entrance at corner 5th St. & Church St.
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.5church.com/
- Phone: 7049191322x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 - 3:00
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am, Late night begins at 11:00pm
Saturday Brunch: 11:00am-4:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday Supper: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jamie Lynch
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Private and Semi-private rooms available for groups from 6 to 300.
A word from 5Church
5Church New American cuisine served in a casual yet refined atmosphere. Cutting edge design, world class food and stellar service are all to be expected.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
5Church - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
5Church reviews from OpenTable diners
293 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (150)hot spot (143)vibrant bar scene (130)special occasion (128)good for groups (93)romantic (82)neighborhood gem (74)notable wine list (55)great for brunch (52)late-night find (48)great for lunch (31)scenic view (12)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014I had the chicken cordon bleu, it was brought out in a timely manner (which is key when you have limited time for lunch). The chicken was cooked just right, and the mashed potatoes are some of the best i've ever had!! My service was great (the halloween costumes were a plus). Overall, wonderful way to end my work week!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014Came in to lunch today had The chef's daily Pasta (braised beef macncheese). It was so outstanding, I ordered another to go! definitely will be back every week for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST of the Queen CityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/29/20145Church was AMAZING! The food was delicious and the portions generous. From cocktails through to desert, this was a great dining experience!Special Features:
- All's cool at the barJCStarnesVIPDined on 10/29/2014Nice wine list and great service at the bar. I need to get back and enjoy the great looking menuSpecial Features:
- Church DiningKarenVIPDined on 10/25/2014My first impression of 5Church did not have it getting off to the greatest of starts. A 9:15 reservation and we still waited 15mins to be seated. It appeared that this place was the hottest ticket going. By the time we arrived at our table and our lovely waitress Taylor took our order, all was soon to be right with the world. We started our dinner with a bowl of Cauliflower soup that had hints of perfectly roasted cauliflower, enough to whet our appetite for the lovely salad that was to follow, after which we found on our plate the most delicious and delightful North Carolina trout, grilled to perfection with sweet potato puree, no this fish was not over done, caught at its peak and delicious. We will return upon our next visit to CharlotteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch SpotGoddessEatsDined on 10/25/20145Church has consistently met the mark for my weekly girls brunch. I've dined at 5Church for dinner and been to a few happy hours as well. The atmosphere is a modern Yuppie vibe and I like it. I've tried everything on the menu; so far I haven't been overwhelmed but the food is pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Very noisy. The good was great but it was almost impossible to have a conversation with the members of our groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightStephenDined on 10/24/2014Great uptown location with fun night life. The food was all perfectly prepared and each dish had its own unique flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AhhhhmazingTeamWhiteDined on 10/22/2014From our first nite to our last. Everything was perfection. Simple favors yet sofisticated preparation. Our server was knowledgeable yet not pretentious. Two thumbs up for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go here. Now.ladiesnightDined on 10/20/2014The food was absolutely AMAZING. The fall sampler was to die for. And the banana roll dessert....dear god. I could die happy with that plate. The waiters were knowledgeable about the food and drink pairings. So personable and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindPreciousDined on 10/19/2014It was a last minute Sunday dinner date and we needed a place to dine. Not many places stay open after 10pm on a Sunday and neither did this place. But we strolled in past 930p and they were very welcoming. The food and service was amazing. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The steak was worth the money. The atmosphere was not. It was incredibly too loud and we were served by a bartender. Our bill for 2 people was $130.00. I could spend that money for a much better atmosphere and service quality and an equivalent steak somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite New SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Was recommended to 5Church by multiple friends. My group of friends and I had an amazing experience. Everything our server recommended from the menu Was spectacular! We will definitely be back and are already trying to plan a group event. Service was excellent as well, the server was very attentive and had a large amount of knowledge about the restaurant. Our only regret was that we hadn't come on the night of the restaurants upcoming new menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerFromSCDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I ate here for our four year anniversary and everything was great. She loved the decor and our service was exceptional. Her only regret was that we haven't dined here earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!ValFitzDined on 10/16/2014The wine pairings in the chef tasting menu were perfectly done and when I left, even though I was full, I still wanted more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience of your lifeHj123Dined on 10/15/2014I had the most amazing time at 5Church. The food was truly superb. The staff are delightful and the presentation is outstanding!vI highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- RDT215Dined on 10/12/2014Good food, reasonable brunch prices that includes unlimited drinks. Staff very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!WinegirlDined on 10/11/2014We had family in from Georgia and were celebrating a belated birthday. Not only did we get to show off our beautiful city but found a great restaurant in 5Church! Food was wonderful! We had the seared scallops, and brazed shortribs, they did not disappoint, and recommend them both. Great atmosphere, bar scene downstairs was vibrant, up stairs was more calm with dimmed lighting, it was perfect. The hostess pointed out the handwritten pages of a book a local artist had written on the entire ceiling of the upper level, and also a counterfeit $5.00 bill a tattoo artist had painted on the back wall. The atmosphere and food were fantastic, we'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely dine there again!FoodfinderDined on 10/11/2014Steaks and chops were cooked to perfection! Spring rolls were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aaaaVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was my fourth visit and things have changed. Waiter was almost too attentive until I told him the monk fish which had highly recommended was water logged and bland and uneaten. He said he would tell the kitchen.rSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally! 5 ChurchPatMacEatsDined on 10/11/2014I've been wanting to go to this restaurant since it opened, but for some reason I never made it until this past weekend. The "first course" items looked so delicious that I considered just going with a few smaller plates. But the server sold the NC Black Grouper so well, I had to try it. The fish was delicious. It had a nice crusty top and the meat was white and moist. The red beans under the fish were okay, but the rice was fabulous. My friend had the salmon that he thought was a little bland, but I tasted the sauce and liked it very much. Another friend had the monkfish and he said it had a very nice bacon-y flavor. (I don't like bacon.) Dessert was the pistachio cookie with lemon cream thing. Wonderful! It was light and refreshing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunch and drinksMosesDined on 10/10/2014The best lunch spot in my view. Used to have a ten dollar set that included a drink but now it's gone. Nonetheless a grest place. And it's also a great place to get drinks at night. Chic downtown 20s-30s come for socializing at thus great looking place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acceptably MediocrewigstheoneVIPDined on 10/5/2014In fairness, dined after a Panther's game, so 5church was jammed. That said, the space is very neat (albeit dark), with a lot of varied seating options. Service was a tad overwhelmed, but generally did a good job of handling the crush. The food, however, was much weaker, and it seemed far too much was pre-prepped or had spent time waiting before being served. The crispy pork belly was tasty but served room temperature, the asparagus was drowned in Bernaise, the sauteed corn and bacon lardons was overwhelmed by the overly large lardons, the restaurant had run out of salmon, and the Kobe Flank Steak was okay, but the mashed potatoes had clearly been sitting on the plate long before the steak. Very expensive for what it was.Special Features:
- LovelyRun4food86Dined on 10/5/2014Great atmosphere charming delicious great place for brunch and stellar serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014We went there with friends before a theater matinee. The food and service were outstanding and we could not have been more pleased. The food cost also was moderate and well worth the quality of food. We'd love to go back there for dinner some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerWineNdineDined on 10/4/2014Amber was our waitress and did an outstanding job. Only one hiccup was a beer that my husband ordered to be received with dinner was forgotten but Chad stopped by our table to see how we were doing a little after the main course arrived and when my husband mentioned he had been waiting a while for it Chad went and got one right away (and we were not charged for it). Amber answered all of our questions about the menu thoroughly and was very sweet. All staff we talked to were courteous, helpful and had a good attitude. The food was delicious as well. I have to mention that it is extremely loud in the whole restaurant. If you're looking for somewhere quiet to eat/drink, this is not the establishment for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale fun and great foodcookinfoolDined on 10/4/2014Had a great dinner with a girlfriend. Food was great. Had Corn Soup with a truffle oil drizzle. Yum. Monkfish was outstanding and desserts are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining ExperienceAlinSteveDined on 10/4/2014From the hostess, server, floor manager and chef's everything was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much servicewahine1Dined on 10/3/2014this is an unusual comment to make but I would have loved less intrusive service. Ambience is 'cool' and fun and the menu is unusual…..food was very good. The big miss was our server was way too intrusive that we could hardly have a conversation with our friends. Felt like the clock was ticking the minute we sat down and that they wanted to turn the table in 45 minutes. I doubt we ever had 5 minutes between visits to our table by our waitress. I wanted to shout 'go away' we want to visit with our friends.!!!! Food was good but I wouldn't hurry back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 10/3/2014Sat in the quieter section of the restaurant but that means tables for two side by side. Not very cozy. Feels like your at dinner with six. Food and service was great.Special Features:
- Fantasticellisat2Dined on 10/2/2014Best meal we've had in a while. Would recommend 100%. Try the tasting menus if they offer one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST IN CHARLOTTEVJohnsonDined on 10/2/2014I have never in my life been to such a great restaurant! My husband and I started out with drinks at the bar then decided to move to a table for dinner and then went right back to the bar again! we just couldn't leave! The entire book of the Art of War is on the ceiling and the hostess gave us a tour of the restaurant...everything was simply phenomenal! Will surely be back!Special Features:
- Incredible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014The staff including Alyssa and Alexa both made sure we were taken care of the moment we walked into the restaurant. The special treatments of the high quality salmon, and steak with the flavorful crusts and sauces were delicious. No wonder the restaurant is nationally recognized.Special Features:
- Very disappointingBikeLadyVIPDined on 9/30/2014Worst service I've had at an Open Table restaurant. Inside so noisy as to preclude conversation. Food - nothing special.
- A DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014An online review of the wine list should have been a clue.... no prices! We had 2 bottles of Cherry Pie Pinot Noir @ $115.00 ea. This was a special occasion__ a birthday. Wine Spectator rates this wine at 90 pts. and can be purchased at retail for $25.00. I can accept doubling or tripling the price, but almost 5x? We were seated at Table #35 promptly at 7:00pm, our reservation being made a month prior. Our server was quite immature. The appetizers, salads and deserts were OK; the entrees were excellent ( We had scallops, bistro steak and short ribs.) The coup de grace is that we were presented our check before the desert and coffee were served.... about 8:15pm. I don't know how many times they turned Table # 35 that night.
- Stache && CookStacheVIPDined on 9/27/2014Interesting decor. Service good but too many people on "the team" making it difficult to determine server roles. ALL the food was over salted which seems to be the norm today. Wine list by the glass undistinguished and limited. Management nice but should be more proactive.Special Features:
- QueenCityDined on 9/27/2014Had an excellent evening and amazing service by Michelle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm becoming a regularFoodieDined on 9/26/2014Love this place. The scallops are amazing. My wife had the filet cooked to perfection . Wine list is excellent. This will definitely become a regular for me.
- Excellent Experience!FoodieDined on 9/24/2014Went to 5Church for a special night out and the food was fantastic. An added bonus was the great server who was knowledgeable and friendly but not intrusive. I will definitely return to 5Church.Special Features:
- A sure-bet in UptownKathyPeterVIPDined on 9/23/2014We really like 5Church for food, service, atmosphere. However, it is loud so consider yourself warned if you want a quiet, romantic evening.Special Features: