127 N Tryon St
Entrance at corner 5th St. & Church St.
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.5church.com/
- Phone: (704) 919-1322
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 - 3:00
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am, Late night begins at 11:00pm
Saturday Brunch: 11:00am-4:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday Supper: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jamie Lynch
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Private and Semi-private rooms available for groups from 6 to 300.
A word from 5Church
5Church New American cuisine served in a casual yet refined atmosphere. Cutting edge design, world class food and stellar service are all to be expected.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
5Church - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
5Church reviews from OpenTable diners
250 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (143)hot spot (131)vibrant bar scene (108)special occasion (105)good for groups (97)romantic (64)neighborhood gem (61)great for brunch (51)notable wine list (51)late-night find (44)great for lunch (33)scenic view (12)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Friendly staff, great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/23/2014We found this restaurant online and decided to give it a try. It's downtown Charlotte and parking was difficult. Even though we were 30 minutes late for our reservation, the staff was still very accomodating and found a table for us very quickly (I called to let them know we were running late because of parking). The food was delicious but it was slow coming out. This may not be the best place to dine if you're starving but if you can wait it's worth it. I had the lamb burger which is their speciality and it was nothing short of amazing!!! I liked the food so much I went back two days in a row:).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KL0708Dined on 11/22/2014good spot for a group of friends to enjoy dinner & drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another fabulous mealPaulaDined on 11/22/2014my husband and I had dinner on Saturday with four of our friends. The service was excellent and our waitress was friendly and helpful. Our food was fabulous. the calamari first course is large enough for two people to share. make sure you save room for the s'mores trifle for dessert. can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Fantastic! Excellent food, excellent service, excellent wine steward, excellent ambiance, excellent management. Can't say enough good things about it. The chef showed amazing creativity, portion size was perfect and presentation was exquisite. I could go on and on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014This place is great. I have enjoyed it every time I have been there. I have been for dinner with my wife, and business lunch with the guys. The lamb burger is my go to every time- its amazing! Each experience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every pennydatenightoutDined on 11/15/2014Amazing service and wonderful food. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!JessDined on 11/15/2014Went here for brunch with a big group. It was wonderful! We all got the bottomless mimosas, and the waitress filled our glasses frequently (including one refill after we paid!) The food was very good and somewhat unique. We really enjoyed ourselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Very excited to see new menu options for lunch, and the portions are very filling. Had the Turkey Club, a must for a lunch menu, and it was delicious! Service was fast and friendly, thankfully because lunch breaks are not very long. Will be back for more lunch breaks and to try some more of the new menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Better Reputation than Delivery"RespectfulDinnerDined on 11/14/2014Not the best dining experience I've had but overall, a nice evening. Our sever seemed to be disappointed that he had to handle a table of 7 women for some reason, and although I made reservations for the time and amount of people, he seemed like our space was more needed for something else--we felt rushed. It was a friend's (who is a local to Charlotte) quiet and classy bachelorette dinner. I having a few other friends who live in the area, we did a bit of research in where the latest, best place was, and read only great things about 5 Church, their food, and their performance. I was underwhelmed. The food was good but not great--the options were few and prepared well but nothing to rave about. In comparison to the DC venues I frequent like The Lincoln, there was little to be desired in terms of creativity by the chef. The wine list was exceptional, well ranged in price and selection. Again, our waiter seemed annoyed at either having to work or having to be there. He was a bit anxious to get out dinner order started; however, when I looked around the room, there were plenty of other tables, drinking and languishing and enjoying. My recommendation is to give a try with a small party, but don't to put your expectations too high. It's the same as every other new American Bistro that has been backed by crafty investors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic Menu. Great ServiceMindyDined on 11/10/2014Seasonal menu features everything from steaks to funkier choices like pork belly spring rolls. Trendy interior is stylish and fun. Good choice for a special occasion or before a show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Had a nice dinner at 5Church last night. The braised beef shortrib was fantastic with the gorgonzola sauce. melted in my mouth. they switched up the dessert menu, but kept my favorite- S'mores! the service was great (the butter the bring out with the bread- holy cow- so good!) Next time, i think i'll bring my wife!I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014The vibe is happening and the seating is very cool. Great steaks and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014I made reservation to celebrate my best friend birthday, we had no wait but the sitting was not what I expected. We where sat at these high table next to the bar with little room to move. The wait for the food was a little long but I have to admit it was worth it. Excellent taste and beautiful presentation. I told the manager about the sitting situation and he was very apologetic and treat us with complimentary dessert. Overall was a satisfactory experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Vibe in Uptown842festDined on 11/7/20145Church is a wonderfully atmospheric space serving a very creative American cuisine. On a Friday evening the low lighting punctuated with ceiling spots & designer chandeliers made for a delicious dinner with attention to the experience as well. Seating here is varied & on multi-levels in the space. Our server, Michelle, was very friendly, helpful with the menu & wine list, and spot-on with our dining needs. The food here is well prepared, with a good variety of offerings for most taste preferences. I highly recommend 5Church & plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Wonderful Experience! Great wait staff & food was inventive and memorable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Evening DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 11/5/2014Came in for an early dinner with a friend and was not disappointed! We started with the calamari appetizer, the ghost pepper sauce was sooo good! We each tried some of their cocktails, the Burberry was a personal favorite. Our server let us know about a their brunch service and we made reservations immediately. Can't wait to come back for seconds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 11/4/2014Went for a quick lunch. Staff was helpful and friendly. I was I and out quickly enough to get back to work, which was goos for my busy day. I even had left overs from my meal that I could finish later. Would like to try a group lunch soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2014Upon entering for Sunday brunch, we were rudely greeted by the hostess. We sat for 20 minutes before being greeted by our waiter and waited another 20 for our drinks. Our food took over an hour and was cold when we finally received it. The manager was not very concerned or apologetic. Was looking forward to trying 5church for the first time but will likely never return.
- TopChefDined on 11/1/2014Really nice food and fun atmosphere. Pork chop and scallops were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always going back!CharlottefoodloverDined on 11/1/2014The experience was awesome right from the get go! Drinks at the bar with friendly bar staff, to appetizers, wine and dinner at the table. Our server Hack was great very attentive and great personality. I'm definitely going back! Get the tuna it was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous brunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Hands down fantastic. Our server was amazing. I had the lamb burger and my friend had the shrimp flatbread. We were both extremely happy with our choices. We both did the bottomless mimosa option, and they never let our glasses get empty. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014I had the chicken cordon bleu, it was brought out in a timely manner (which is key when you have limited time for lunch). The chicken was cooked just right, and the mashed potatoes are some of the best i've ever had!! My service was great (the halloween costumes were a plus). Overall, wonderful way to end my work week!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Servicescubasteven74Dined on 10/30/2014The food and service are the highlights. The wait-staff was very attentive and the food was excellent. My wife and I both had steaks (filet) and they were amazing...definitely on par or better than the traditional steakhouses we all know about. This is not your old-man's steakhouse though. The decor is very cool. Lots of black leather, concrete and cool light fixtures. Our only complaint about the ambience is that the restaurant has floor-to-ceiling windows (without any window treatments) and the restaurant sits at a pretty busy intersection. This meant we were constantly under the glare of headlights as cars turned the corner in front of the restaurant. Staff surprised us with a Happy Anniversary card and a coupon for next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingShawnDined on 10/30/2014The Atmosphere and Food quality were fantastic. The restaurant is beautiful and very comfortable which enhances the experience. Great wine list and love the well paired menu. My wife and I cant wait to dine here again.Special Features:
- Delicious!ThoangDined on 10/30/2014Came in to lunch today had The chef's daily Pasta (braised beef macncheese). It was so outstanding, I ordered another to go! definitely will be back every week for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST of the Queen Citydevotion16Dined on 10/29/20145Church was AMAZING! The food was delicious and the portions generous. From cocktails through to desert, this was a great dining experience!Special Features:
- All's cool at the barJCStarnesVIPDined on 10/29/2014Nice wine list and great service at the bar. I need to get back and enjoy the great looking menuSpecial Features:
- Church DiningKarenVIPDined on 10/25/2014My first impression of 5Church did not have it getting off to the greatest of starts. A 9:15 reservation and we still waited 15mins to be seated. It appeared that this place was the hottest ticket going. By the time we arrived at our table and our lovely waitress Taylor took our order, all was soon to be right with the world. We started our dinner with a bowl of Cauliflower soup that had hints of perfectly roasted cauliflower, enough to whet our appetite for the lovely salad that was to follow, after which we found on our plate the most delicious and delightful North Carolina trout, grilled to perfection with sweet potato puree, no this fish was not over done, caught at its peak and delicious. We will return upon our next visit to CharlotteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch SpotGoddessEatsDined on 10/25/20145Church has consistently met the mark for my weekly girls brunch. I've dined at 5Church for dinner and been to a few happy hours as well. The atmosphere is a modern Yuppie vibe and I like it. I've tried everything on the menu; so far I haven't been overwhelmed but the food is pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Very noisy. The good was great but it was almost impossible to have a conversation with the members of our groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightStephenDined on 10/24/2014Great uptown location with fun night life. The food was all perfectly prepared and each dish had its own unique flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AhhhhmazingTeamWhiteDined on 10/22/2014From our first nite to our last. Everything was perfection. Simple favors yet sofisticated preparation. Our server was knowledgeable yet not pretentious. Two thumbs up for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go here. Now.ladiesnightDined on 10/20/2014The food was absolutely AMAZING. The fall sampler was to die for. And the banana roll dessert....dear god. I could die happy with that plate. The waiters were knowledgeable about the food and drink pairings. So personable and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindPreciousDined on 10/19/2014It was a last minute Sunday dinner date and we needed a place to dine. Not many places stay open after 10pm on a Sunday and neither did this place. But we strolled in past 930p and they were very welcoming. The food and service was amazing. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The steak was worth the money. The atmosphere was not. It was incredibly too loud and we were served by a bartender. Our bill for 2 people was $130.00. I could spend that money for a much better atmosphere and service quality and an equivalent steak somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite New SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/18/2014Was recommended to 5Church by multiple friends. My group of friends and I had an amazing experience. Everything our server recommended from the menu Was spectacular! We will definitely be back and are already trying to plan a group event. Service was excellent as well, the server was very attentive and had a large amount of knowledge about the restaurant. Our only regret was that we hadn't come on the night of the restaurants upcoming new menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerFromSCDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I ate here for our four year anniversary and everything was great. She loved the decor and our service was exceptional. Her only regret was that we haven't dined here earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!ValFitzDined on 10/16/2014The wine pairings in the chef tasting menu were perfectly done and when I left, even though I was full, I still wanted more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience of your lifeHj123Dined on 10/15/2014I had the most amazing time at 5Church. The food was truly superb. The staff are delightful and the presentation is outstanding!vI highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- RDT215Dined on 10/12/2014Good food, reasonable brunch prices that includes unlimited drinks. Staff very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.