555 East Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.555east.com/
- Phone: (562) 437-0626
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Piano: Thursday - Saturday: 7:00pm - close
A word from 555 East
The restaurant offers superior prime beef, an award-winning wine list, and a classic, yet comfortable ambiance reflecting a timeless American steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
555 East - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
555 East reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (128)romantic (72)notable wine list (65)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (59)neighborhood gem (58)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (25)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Your reservationist was very nice on the phone and maid my wife and I very happy where she sat us.The experience continued with the attentive waiter,cocktails,a nice wine and excellent beef that melted in our mouths.It was all we were hoping for and it was what we received.We have dined at 555 before and we will do so again.Thank you for our enjoyment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnhappyDined on 11/20/2014Earsplitting noise. Could not converse with our friends. Food was very good, but not good enough to overcome the noise level. Can't go back.
- Fit for CarnivoresGManVIPDined on 11/19/2014Great steaks. Relaxed ambiance. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money.RalphMDined on 11/19/2014Passable food if the prices were 30% lower. But surely not notable food despite high prices. The bread was a C-. The garlic mashed potatoes exulted by the waiter were a distinct disappointment. The wine list was reasonably good but overpriced. With regret, I put this restaurant on my 'Do Not Return' list.
- Great for couples and groups alikeLovelyDateNightDined on 11/18/2014I have been to 555 one time before and i thought it would be nice to visit again to celebrate my Boyfriends birthday. We had an enjoyable evening, the wait staff were very knowledgeable and professional. Well visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TRIED AND TRUEDinahDined on 11/18/2014Well, we haven't eaten here for a number of years, not because we don't like it, but because it is kind of out of the way for us. However, we were pleasantly surprised to find that, unlike so many restaurants that have been around for a long time, everything was still as top-notched as we remembered it. We will definitely make a point to go back more often. I had the top sirloin Oscar; the meat was done to perfection and topped with sliced asparagus (nice touch), crab meat and a delicious sauce (bearnaise?) My husband's teriyaki steak was everything he had hope it would be. The choices for sides were many and varied; too full for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get past the "gate" and your goldenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014After getting past a poorly organized and defensive reception person, the rest of the evening was worth the trip. Bar service, wait staff, energy in the room and the steaks met our expectations. Despite the front desk, we will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner and first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014My husband has been wanting to go to this restaurant for a long time now and we decided to treat ourselves for our anniversary. We sat in a corner booth and had excellent service. The server suggested we split the wedge because it was big and we did, it was really big so it was perfect. I was really hungry and order the clam chowder too. I couldn't eat it but it was delicious the next day. The portions are huge so you can share the wedge and a dessert. We will go back. We had the rib eye and it was amazing. I couldn't eat it all either, so I got to enjoy the food twice. Once in the restaurant and the next day at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best.Garcia78Dined on 11/11/2014I've been to several exceptional steak houses and with most of them, the quality of the food barely matches the exorbitant price. What you'll find at 555, however, is a quality and service that exceeds the price. Taking advantage of their liberal corkage, a couple can have a luxurious night out with exceptionally prepared food for under one hundred dollars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!happygirlDined on 11/10/2014555 East is always great. Very reliable. If you ask for your steak medium rare, it arrives medium rare.Special Features:
- Nice placeWinendineDined on 11/8/2014The ambiance was inviting, the service was awesome, the food was good but not worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience overallSealBeach14Dined on 11/8/2014We had a party of 8 to celebrate 2 birthdays. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. The food was fabulous and delicious and I had one of the best martini's around. Will come back again!Special Features:
- Great Experience!AlicialovDined on 11/8/2014First time and my friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience... Great food, Waiter, Piano Man, atmosphere... all of it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencehappyjackDined on 11/7/2014Had dinner there with some friends that were newly married. Service was beyond excellent as was the foodSpecial Features:
- Great food, bad service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014You usually get what you pay for - however, my experience at this restaurant did not work out this way. Our food was excellent - when it finally got to the table. Our wait for everything was significant, for example, the bread didn't hit the table until the food did. Drinks sat empty for a long time. Our party of 5 asked for a split bill and was told - this will take at least 20 minutes to do (in a snarky rude tone). Sorry - but I've been in the restaurant business and know exactly what it takes to split a bill (click, click, done...). To his credit, it did not take 20 minutes. So, the food was excellent, but the service was lacking. I would give it a try - we may have just gotten a bad server.Special Features:
- Great Steak HouseCoachklrDined on 11/4/2014Excellent food. Steaks and lamb chops were outstanding. Service was a little slow and it was a tad loud. Lots of business diners. Still highly recommended for a special evening out. We are repeat customers and will continue to be so. One of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- raw asparagus overcooked filetlaeaterrrrVIPDined on 11/4/2014I don't go to long Beach often but went down to meet a friend for dinner who was attending a conference. 555 east was recommended. The service was great (besides the fact that medium rare steak was never delivered), there was a nice buzz ambiance, and they serve plump jack cabernet by the glass. But I had to send my steak back twice and both times it ca me back well done (ew). And it happened to both me and my friends filet leading me to believe it's not just a fluke.
- PRICING & SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/3/2014Expected better seating with advance reservation, Monday evening early dining & paying high prices. This restaurant Caters to larger groups. Would not recommend for a couple. Our waiter was very good, but too busy to look after us. Restaurant did recognize the special occasion that we were celebrating with a nice free dessert. Steak was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2014This was a special occasion, my husband's birthday. We had another couple join us. The staff was great in our extra requests. We were seated timely and our server was very accommodating and helpful in our selection of food. We had a most pleasant and enjoyable evening. My husband and I have been here in the past, usually on his birthday, but at other times as well. Never had a bad experience. The food always good and the staff very attentive.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014We had my son's 25th. Birthday dinner on Halloween Night at "555". It was a wonderful event for my family. The steaks were perfect. Mike Katreeb was our waiter and he made the experience all the more special. This is such a warn personal place to enjoy GREAT food and service. Overall I rate it OUTSTANDING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Business Dinner DestinationMeatEaterDined on 10/29/2014Great streaks cooked the way you order. Try the peppercorn sauce. Service is timely and you don't notice them - perfect combination.Special Features:
- Husband's Birthday DinnersunshinediegoDined on 10/28/2014This was by far the best choice for my husband's birthday dinner. The service was great and the food was amazing! Our waitress was very attentive and included a wonderful slab of cheesecake for my husband on the house. The party next to us was very loud and had potty mouths but it did not spoil our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014Great steaks, very simple, service was very good, my only complaint was the noise level;a large group of men at a table next to us made it near impossible to converse. Definitely would return for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place To CelebrateAijuswunuheatslolDined on 10/24/2014This is where me and my best friend came to celebrate our new gigs and it was amazing! Great food, service, everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food And ServiceScottVIPDined on 10/18/2014If you want a great steak in Long Beach, CA, this is the place to go. This is the best place to get a steak restaurant, and they always have great service.Special Features:
- Another visit to 555OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Brought 3 friends with me, 2 of whom had never been there before, to celebrate their birthdays. As usual, the food was excellent. BUT we were placed next to the pianist who was just too loud and we could barely hear our conversations with each other. I would never sit there again. ALSO requested that our waiter be Randy who is the BEST waiter in the restaurant, but the receptionist said he was not working that night. If I had know that I would have come to 555 on a nite that he was there. If Randy is no longer working there, I might not ever come back to 555.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceRecoVIPDined on 10/18/2014As a group of 12, we were at one of their semi-private rooms. The server was professional, on top of things, with a touch of humor which made our dining experience much more fun. Their crab cake & shrimp appetizers were fantastic and fresh. I ordered lamb chops which were a little under done but they changed them & surprisingly it arrived along with other dishes so I didn't have to wait. Their warm bread is absolutely fantastic. Their rib eye steak and filet magnon were both perfect. We had their 2 chocolate desserts and were both impressive. Everyone in the group was happy. We were also appreciative that in the last minute they were able to accommodate 5 more people in our group. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Yummy!CarEDined on 10/18/2014So good! If you are looking for a good steak and potato or old school steak house vibe this is the place to go. Cooked perfectly, seasoned well, great crust.Special Features:
- Lived up to the expectationsEntertainerDined on 10/15/2014We've been waiting to go for years and we finally made it! The food was amazing, the service was even better, and it's a huge plus that you can bring in your own wine without paying a corkage fee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foods over price!SteakloverDined on 10/13/2014The service is slow, we went early thinking that the service is going to be fast. But we're wrong. And the food is pricey and our orders went out from the kitchen wrong.Special Features:
- LlcinhbDined on 10/9/2014Steaks were perfection! Piano player adds a great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014We will return for the friendly and knowledgeable service, the perfectly prepared meal-a porterhouse for two- and the dessert. Valet parking is prompt and careful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentStevieGJDDined on 10/6/2014555 has been the best place to get a steak in Long Beach for quite some time. It is not for people who are budget conscious. Though they accommodate families, it is not a place for kids really either. This is a place to get great drinks, have great wine and enjoy a great steak dinner. The service is always very good. Their wine list is excellent. The steaks are all aged prime and cooked perfectly. The tableside Cesar is both a great salad and a great presentation.Special Features:
- A Gem of a Steak HouseFoodLoverDined on 10/6/2014Excellent steakhouse. Staff are very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Not stuffy like you often find in high end steak houses. This is a gem of a restaurant. Only complaint is that the restaurant was a/c was much too cold but the host was very helpful in finding us a table away from the vents - even if it meant seating us in a room that was not being used! Love this restaurant. Great steaks! Corn is fabulous too. Service is wonderful!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningSatisfiedDined on 10/3/2014This restaurant just keeps me smiling and happy. Great food and service to match.Special Features:
- Amazing steak, oysters not greatemilyveronicaDined on 10/2/2014The steak was the "best I've ever had" according to my husband, who is just about to turn 40. We went for our anniversary and were seated at a table; soon a booth opened and we requested to move and they let us, very nicely. We must have moved into another waitress's table as she kept passing by us and ignored us and when we requested water she nearly scowled at us. Our waiter however was very nice and attentive. We never complain but the oysters were really fishy, and he took them back and offered a shrimp cocktail instead - which was great. He did not charge us for the oysters but did for the shrimp cocktail. Prices were crazy high but it's to be expected. French onion soup great. Ambiance wonderful. Great for our anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014I was pretty sad about the prime lamb entree that I had ordered. The lamb lacked a lot of the taste that you'd expect from lamb. Although it was perfectly tender and juicy, it was just very bland. The creme brulee that came with our dinner had a very burnt topping. I understand that the sugar is burnt on top of creme brulee but it was so burnt that it left a bitter after taste. The service was wonderful and I really appreciated Randy's recommendations and services, but the food just fell flat and was not what I had hoped for at all :(Special Features:
- Always a ClassicDateNightFunDined on 9/28/2014555 is a classic restaurant with service levels that today sometimes do not exist. The food is always amazing and live up to a try gourmets tastes. The atmosphere can either be quiet or lively and its bar scene is always great. Enjoyed our dinner we both had filets and the burrata to start with, yummy!Special Features:
- Not for the steak connoisseurClaytonVIPDined on 9/22/2014I always say that if they have steak sauce on the table there's a problem. And there was. I ordered the filet 12oz and it was not good, unevenly cooked and little taste. But it wasn't a total flop the clam chowder was really good. Now I would normally say I wouldn't recommend but there aren't any other steakhouses in the area so, maybe go but don't expect too much.
- BuickBuickDined on 9/20/2014Always a treat when we come to California. Great food and outstanding service.Special Features: