555 East Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.555east.com/
- Phone: 5624370626x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Piano: Thursday - Saturday: 7:00pm - close
A word from 555 East
The restaurant offers superior prime beef, an award-winning wine list, and a classic, yet comfortable ambiance reflecting a timeless American steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
555 East - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
555 East reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)romantic (74)notable wine list (70)neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (56)good for groups (55)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (21)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (15)late-night find (10)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Lived up to the expectationsEntertainerDined on 10/15/2014We've been waiting to go for years and we finally made it! The food was amazing, the service was even better, and it's a huge plus that you can bring in your own wine without paying a corkage fee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foods over price!SteakloverDined on 10/13/2014The service is slow, we went early thinking that the service is going to be fast. But we're wrong. And the food is pricey and our orders went out from the kitchen wrong.Special Features:
- LlcinhbDined on 10/9/2014Steaks were perfection! Piano player adds a great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014We will return for the friendly and knowledgeable service, the perfectly prepared meal-a porterhouse for two- and the dessert. Valet parking is prompt and careful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentStevieGJDDined on 10/6/2014555 has been the best place to get a steak in Long Beach for quite some time. It is not for people who are budget conscious. Though they accommodate families, it is not a place for kids really either. This is a place to get great drinks, have great wine and enjoy a great steak dinner. The service is always very good. Their wine list is excellent. The steaks are all aged prime and cooked perfectly. The tableside Cesar is both a great salad and a great presentation.Special Features:
- A Gem of a Steak HouseFoodLoverDined on 10/6/2014Excellent steakhouse. Staff are very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Not stuffy like you often find in high end steak houses. This is a gem of a restaurant. Only complaint is that the restaurant was a/c was much too cold but the host was very helpful in finding us a table away from the vents - even if it meant seating us in a room that was not being used! Love this restaurant. Great steaks! Corn is fabulous too. Service is wonderful!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningSatisfiedDined on 10/3/2014This restaurant just keeps me smiling and happy. Great food and service to match.Special Features:
- Amazing steak, oysters not greatemilyveronicaDined on 10/2/2014The steak was the "best I've ever had" according to my husband, who is just about to turn 40. We went for our anniversary and were seated at a table; soon a booth opened and we requested to move and they let us, very nicely. We must have moved into another waitress's table as she kept passing by us and ignored us and when we requested water she nearly scowled at us. Our waiter however was very nice and attentive. We never complain but the oysters were really fishy, and he took them back and offered a shrimp cocktail instead - which was great. He did not charge us for the oysters but did for the shrimp cocktail. Prices were crazy high but it's to be expected. French onion soup great. Ambiance wonderful. Great for our anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014I was pretty sad about the prime lamb entree that I had ordered. The lamb lacked a lot of the taste that you'd expect from lamb. Although it was perfectly tender and juicy, it was just very bland. The creme brulee that came with our dinner had a very burnt topping. I understand that the sugar is burnt on top of creme brulee but it was so burnt that it left a bitter after taste. The service was wonderful and I really appreciated Randy's recommendations and services, but the food just fell flat and was not what I had hoped for at all :(Special Features:
- Always a ClassicDateNightFunDined on 9/28/2014555 is a classic restaurant with service levels that today sometimes do not exist. The food is always amazing and live up to a try gourmets tastes. The atmosphere can either be quiet or lively and its bar scene is always great. Enjoyed our dinner we both had filets and the burrata to start with, yummy!Special Features:
- Not for the steak connoisseurClaytonVIPDined on 9/22/2014I always say that if they have steak sauce on the table there's a problem. And there was. I ordered the filet 12oz and it was not good, unevenly cooked and little taste. But it wasn't a total flop the clam chowder was really good. Now I would normally say I wouldn't recommend but there aren't any other steakhouses in the area so, maybe go but don't expect too much.
- BuickBuickDined on 9/20/2014Always a treat when we come to California. Great food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/19/2014Had the most amazing meal!! All of the servers at the 5's are pretty top notch but Randy is so personable & really helps add to the dining experience. Love the new cocktail list - specifically "The Last Word". Thanks for having Plump Jack cab by the stem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice special occasion restaurantBusterDDined on 9/17/2014Took my daughter here for here birthday in May and it was really good. Took my mom here for her birthday on 09/17 and it was even better. We had oysters from Virginia and New York and shrimp cocktail for starters. Prime sirloins were high quality beef and cooked perfectly. Chocoalte souffle was warm chocolately goodness. They have very good wines by the glass in the $15 range like Adaptation cabernet. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Third Time - Below Average Again!!!AlanVIPDined on 9/15/2014This is my third time dining at 555 and I have reviewed it before. The ambiance is just old and dark - they literally haven't changed the place in probably 30 years, but that's how clubby steakhouses are and ambiance was the only consistency between visits. This time, got the smallest shrimp of any shrimp cocktail I've ever had - the size of my little finger buried in bland sauce. Sever (selected for me by the maitre d' based on my last bad experience) was a 16 YEAR veteran who checked on my $48 steak AFTER I was almost completely done. Saw him only once more - zero personality and negligible service. Ok, and steaks served on those sizzling 1976 Golden Coral plates....what is that about? Definitely would NEVER recommend this place.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary there during our recent trip to Long Beach. 30 years ago we lived in the area and the restaurant did not disappoint. It was a favorite of ours when we lived there and great to go back and celebrate and still be treated with exceptional service! We would highly recommend 555 East. Michael our waiter was also outstanding, giving very personalized service!Special Features:
- Long Beach ClassicpsychofitDined on 9/13/2014I was here years ago, and wanted to come back to experience the great food and enviironment again. Just as good as I remembered it.Special Features:
- Great service great foodCailfFoodieDined on 9/13/2014I took my husband for his birthday and it was wonderful! Steak was cooked to perfection and the service was professional and welcoming.Special Features:
- Belated birthday dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014This was the first time at 555 for my "date"! She was very impressed (as was I) with everything from beginning to end. I had the ribeye which was outstanding! A bottle of Plumpjack doesn't hurt things either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeccaDined on 9/10/2014Delicious food, great service, and beautiful restaurant. Absolutely would recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 555555FanDined on 9/10/2014It was delicious! The atmosphere was great. This is not my first time at 555. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerRobertDined on 9/8/2014This was our first time at the 555. The service was great and the food was excellent. I had my steak done Oscar style, and I also enjoyed it the next day. We also got a special dessert. It looks like a great place for the downtown business crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!SanjayDined on 9/6/2014Went here for a birthday/engagement. All the food was terrific. The steak was good but not the best I've had. Still highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 555 East Diningluv2dineDined on 9/6/2014A great spot for a date or a special occasion the perfect Manhattan was perfect as advertised. My steak was cooked to my liking and I had mine Oscar style and there was plenty of crab. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!CathyDined on 9/6/2014The food was excellent and the service was great. This is one of our favorites for filets.Special Features:
- Best Beef!KitchenStaysCleanVIPDined on 9/6/2014We dine here quite a bit, and I am NEVER disappointed with the steaks at 555. The baked potato is also one of the best in the entire social area. We ALWAYS get the Shrimp Cocktail, however the last few times, we have noticed that the shrimp cocktails have been suffering from smaller than usual shrimp. They always taste wonderful, but they seem to be shrinking. Hopefully that will stop soon. I did mention this once to the server, and they agreed with me and brought us a few extra shrimp on the house. That was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014We have eaten at the 555 many times over the years and it was consistently good. But Saturday night was disappointing in many ways. The bread had been changed from French to sourdough, which not everyone likes. The caesar salad was totally drenched in dressing - inedible. The steaks were dry on the outside and undercooked on the inside. The mashed potatoes which had once been my favorite, have been changed to include garlic and were not nearly as creamy and delicious as before.Finally, the soufflé was delivered very late, even though we ordered it when we ordered our entrees. It was runny and not at all what a soufflé should be. New chef perhaps? Something has definitely changed at the 555 and not for the better
- 555 Nails it!donnybaseballVIPDined on 9/3/2014This is a very good restaurant, I would highly recommend this to anyone who likes steak....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2014We totally enjoyed the experience. Food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 555 EastNikkiDined on 8/30/2014Great food service and ambiance. I recommend this restaurant to everyone. Bomb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014We had an amazing dinner on Saturday night, from the first cocktails and appetizers, to the dessert, which by the way, the chocolate Souffle is an absolute must if you like chocolate! The roasted garlic and goat cheese appetizer is one of my favorites, served with bruschetta and toast. The steaks are absolutely superb, cooked to perfection, served with yummy garlic mashed potatoes. They have a lengthy wine list, and delicious cocktails. We received fabulous service, our waters were always kept full, and our waiter was very attentive. Everything was absolutely fabulous, my only complaint was the noise level. We sat in the King's East room, and the acoustics are terrible, we could barely hear even the one sitting next to us!Special Features:
- Great customer serviceBeylbcDined on 8/30/2014Went here for my 6th year anniversary. My husband and I both ordered steaks with garlic mashed potatoes. The steaks were cooked to perfection, the garlic mashed was salty. Our waitress (Veronica) was awesome. Both her and the manager apologized and gave us complimentary dessert. Overall great dining experience, great ambience for reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing experienceCaptainDined on 8/28/2014This place is amazing! We were celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary and I wanted to take my husband out for a great steak dinner. He loves a great steak. I was in the process of making reservations for a restaurant in Beverly Hills when a colleague recommended 555 East. The entire meal, (from appetizer to dessert) was delicious and the staff there made us feel so welcomed and special. Valet parking made it easy to access the restaurant. There was a good crowd there and they have a nice bar. We had a 7:30pm reservation and were seated immediately. Love the ambiance of this place. Enjoyed the music being played from the piano. So glad that Long Beach has such a wonderful steak house! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Nice, too noisyDiningout0945Dined on 8/27/2014Facility is very nice and clean, food / service was excellent. The noise ruined the whole experience. Will not return.
- CarolBDined on 8/26/2014Our table, was ready the steaks were good...what's not to like.Special Features:
- First Anniversary DinnerLongBeachEastDined on 8/25/2014My girlfriend and I recently celebrated our first anniversary at 555 restaurant. I had been to the restaurant prior for a company dinner a few years ago and was impressed with the food and service. The restaurant was even better than I remembered. We were seated right away, the staff was great, and the food was outstanding. The New York steak was the best I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 8/23/2014Excellent atmosphere and amazing fare at a fair price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat. Aug. 23 dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Food was outstanding, our waiter Randolph (Randy) was excellent waiter! Overall experience with service, not impressed with few of your staff. Some of them not all were not nice, in particular, there was a women specially who probably was a manager type and felt she ignored our table when I made contact with her she looked at me with an unpleasant look! I'm Latina and had dinner with my two sisters to celebrate one if their birthdays. Felt a bit discriminated by her. Don't know her name and don't really care! I hope she stops doing this because I for one won't go there ever again and will not recommend it to any of my friends or relatives. Brenda
- Steak and so much more!Enjoy2dineDined on 8/22/2014Delicious steak cooked perfectly. A must have is their grilled artichoke. Dessert is definitely the warm chocolate molten cake. Humm did I mention the wine? Perfect romantic dinner. Our server was Amanda she was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School Steak HousevrinrhDined on 8/20/2014We have been going to this restaurant for more than 15 years. It is really a gem in Down Town LB. I love their service and no corkage fee policy.Special Features: