555 East Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.555east.com/
- Phone: 5624370626x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Piano: Thursday - Saturday: 7:00pm - close
A word from 555 East
The restaurant offers superior prime beef, an award-winning wine list, and a classic, yet comfortable ambiance reflecting a timeless American steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
555 East - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
555 East reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (128)romantic (89)notable wine list (69)neighborhood gem (63)fit for foodies (59)good for groups (58)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (19)great for outdoor dining (15)late-night find (10)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Nice special occasion restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014Took my daughter here for here birthday in May and it was really good. Took my mom here for her birthday on 09/17 and it was even better. We had oysters from Virginia and New York and shrimp cocktail for starters. Prime sirloins were high quality beef and cooked perfectly. Chocoalte souffle was warm chocolately goodness. They have very good wines by the glass in the $15 range like Adaptation cabernet. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Third Time - Below Average Again!!!AlanVIPDined on 9/15/2014This is my third time dining at 555 and I have reviewed it before. The ambiance is just old and dark - they literally haven't changed the place in probably 30 years, but that's how clubby steakhouses are and ambiance was the only consistency between visits. This time, got the smallest shrimp of any shrimp cocktail I've ever had - the size of my little finger buried in bland sauce. Sever (selected for me by the maitre d' based on my last bad experience) was a 16 YEAR veteran who checked on my $48 steak AFTER I was almost completely done. Saw him only once more - zero personality and negligible service. Ok, and steaks served on those sizzling 1976 Golden Coral plates....what is that about? Definitely would NEVER recommend this place.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary there during our recent trip to Long Beach. 30 years ago we lived in the area and the restaurant did not disappoint. It was a favorite of ours when we lived there and great to go back and celebrate and still be treated with exceptional service! We would highly recommend 555 East. Michael our waiter was also outstanding, giving very personalized service!Special Features:
- Long Beach ClassicpsychofitDined on 9/13/2014I was here years ago, and wanted to come back to experience the great food and enviironment again. Just as good as I remembered it.Special Features:
- Great service great foodCailfFoodieDined on 9/13/2014I took my husband for his birthday and it was wonderful! Steak was cooked to perfection and the service was professional and welcoming.Special Features:
- Belated birthday dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014This was the first time at 555 for my "date"! She was very impressed (as was I) with everything from beginning to end. I had the ribeye which was outstanding! A bottle of Plumpjack doesn't hurt things either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeccaDined on 9/10/2014Delicious food, great service, and beautiful restaurant. Absolutely would recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 555555FanDined on 9/10/2014It was delicious! The atmosphere was great. This is not my first time at 555. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerRobertDined on 9/8/2014This was our first time at the 555. The service was great and the food was excellent. I had my steak done Oscar style, and I also enjoyed it the next day. We also got a special dessert. It looks like a great place for the downtown business crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!SanjayDined on 9/6/2014Went here for a birthday/engagement. All the food was terrific. The steak was good but not the best I've had. Still highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 555 East Diningluv2dineDined on 9/6/2014A great spot for a date or a special occasion the perfect Manhattan was perfect as advertised. My steak was cooked to my liking and I had mine Oscar style and there was plenty of crab. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!CathyDined on 9/6/2014The food was excellent and the service was great. This is one of our favorites for filets.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014We have eaten at the 555 many times over the years and it was consistently good. But Saturday night was disappointing in many ways. The bread had been changed from French to sourdough, which not everyone likes. The caesar salad was totally drenched in dressing - inedible. The steaks were dry on the outside and undercooked on the inside. The mashed potatoes which had once been my favorite, have been changed to include garlic and were not nearly as creamy and delicious as before.Finally, the soufflé was delivered very late, even though we ordered it when we ordered our entrees. It was runny and not at all what a soufflé should be. New chef perhaps? Something has definitely changed at the 555 and not for the better
- 555 Nails it!donnybaseballVIPDined on 9/3/2014This is a very good restaurant, I would highly recommend this to anyone who likes steak....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2014We totally enjoyed the experience. Food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 555 EastNikkiDined on 8/30/2014Great food service and ambiance. I recommend this restaurant to everyone. Bomb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014We had an amazing dinner on Saturday night, from the first cocktails and appetizers, to the dessert, which by the way, the chocolate Souffle is an absolute must if you like chocolate! The roasted garlic and goat cheese appetizer is one of my favorites, served with bruschetta and toast. The steaks are absolutely superb, cooked to perfection, served with yummy garlic mashed potatoes. They have a lengthy wine list, and delicious cocktails. We received fabulous service, our waters were always kept full, and our waiter was very attentive. Everything was absolutely fabulous, my only complaint was the noise level. We sat in the King's East room, and the acoustics are terrible, we could barely hear even the one sitting next to us!Special Features:
- Great customer serviceBeylbcDined on 8/30/2014Went here for my 6th year anniversary. My husband and I both ordered steaks with garlic mashed potatoes. The steaks were cooked to perfection, the garlic mashed was salty. Our waitress (Veronica) was awesome. Both her and the manager apologized and gave us complimentary dessert. Overall great dining experience, great ambience for reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing experienceCaptainDined on 8/28/2014This place is amazing! We were celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary and I wanted to take my husband out for a great steak dinner. He loves a great steak. I was in the process of making reservations for a restaurant in Beverly Hills when a colleague recommended 555 East. The entire meal, (from appetizer to dessert) was delicious and the staff there made us feel so welcomed and special. Valet parking made it easy to access the restaurant. There was a good crowd there and they have a nice bar. We had a 7:30pm reservation and were seated immediately. Love the ambiance of this place. Enjoyed the music being played from the piano. So glad that Long Beach has such a wonderful steak house! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Nice, too noisyDiningout0945Dined on 8/27/2014Facility is very nice and clean, food / service was excellent. The noise ruined the whole experience. Will not return.
- CarolBDined on 8/26/2014Our table, was ready the steaks were good...what's not to like.Special Features:
- First Anniversary DinnerLongBeachEastDined on 8/25/2014My girlfriend and I recently celebrated our first anniversary at 555 restaurant. I had been to the restaurant prior for a company dinner a few years ago and was impressed with the food and service. The restaurant was even better than I remembered. We were seated right away, the staff was great, and the food was outstanding. The New York steak was the best I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 8/23/2014Excellent atmosphere and amazing fare at a fair price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat. Aug. 23 dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Food was outstanding, our waiter Randolph (Randy) was excellent waiter! Overall experience with service, not impressed with few of your staff. Some of them not all were not nice, in particular, there was a women specially who probably was a manager type and felt she ignored our table when I made contact with her she looked at me with an unpleasant look! I'm Latina and had dinner with my two sisters to celebrate one if their birthdays. Felt a bit discriminated by her. Don't know her name and don't really care! I hope she stops doing this because I for one won't go there ever again and will not recommend it to any of my friends or relatives. Brenda
- Steak and so much more!Enjoy2dineDined on 8/22/2014Delicious steak cooked perfectly. A must have is their grilled artichoke. Dessert is definitely the warm chocolate molten cake. Humm did I mention the wine? Perfect romantic dinner. Our server was Amanda she was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School Steak HousevrinrhDined on 8/20/2014We have been going to this restaurant for more than 15 years. It is really a gem in Down Town LB. I love their service and no corkage fee policy.Special Features:
- Great place to eatDrebnzDined on 8/20/2014555 is a great place to eat from the service to the food. No other restaurant had better food and service in Long Beach. Go and you'll see!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerMackDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our 35th anniversary at 555. This was the 4th time we have dined at 555 and as always your friendly and knowledgeable staff made us feel like family. Your restaurant is on a short list of recommended spots for friends and family when they want a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014The service is excellent, with experienced waiters. The steaks are very good, consistent with the prices charged.Special Features:
- Found it on OpenTableJakeVIPDined on 8/13/2014I was going to be in Long Beach on business and was looking for a restaurant to celebrate a friend's birthday. I found 555 East on OpenTable , read the reviews and booked a table. When a reached the hotel, I asked the concierge for his recommendation and he confirmed that I had made the right choice. It was a wonderful evening and the food was excellent! The Moscow Mules were the best in Long Beach!Special Features:
- Feeling welcomeJem01VIPDined on 8/9/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday here recently and the staff was simply extraordinary. We were treated like royalty, yet with such warmth and sincerity--we felt like family. What a great place to go and have a drink, relax and let your cares slip quietly into the night...well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as i rememberSRWINODined on 8/6/2014Our server was very attentive and kind but the food had problems. The first meal I ordered was the special Columbia River Wild Salmon it was so under cooked i couldn't eat it and then to make matters worse by the time our server was able to bring a replacement my dinner guests were finished with their meal. In fairness they removed the charge from our check but I think they should have managed the replacement meal closer and made sure that it was expedited- it took almost 20 minutes to receive the replacement dish. I will give them another try next time i'm in the area but this time around they fell short of my expectations for a very expensive and usally excellent steak house.
- Birthday DinnerMrsDivaDined on 8/3/2014A couple of my friends told me that this was good Steakhouse. We went for my husband's birthday and everyone in the group was pleased with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!DJFoodiesDined on 8/2/2014Celebrated daughter's birthday last Saturday night. Total of 9 in our party. Arrived 30 minutes early- no problem, seated right away. Food was excellent, on par with Ruth's Chris for steaks. The only down side is that the waiter needs to learn how to pour wine. We had a $100 bottle of wine for which five of us were going to share. The waiter didn't pay attention, and by the time he got to my glass, the bottle was empty; he had poured all the wine in the first four glasses. To compound it, he then offered to go back to the other four and take some out-terrible service.Special Features:
- lbjrDined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed the food and the ambience. The wait staff were friendly and competent - they could have paid more and better attention to the preparation and service of the two bottles of wine I brought from home. Beyond uncorking the bottles, they did very little, including failing to monitor and refill wine glasses as needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackDined on 8/2/2014THis is a great restaurant for special occassions. The night we dined with 2 other couples the noise level in the room we ere seated was at a level it made it near impossible to visit even though we were seated at a round table.Special Features:
- disappointedJonesVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have been there a number of times and for the first time, we were disappointed in our steak. We ordered the bone-in rib eye and it was full of gristle, hard to cut and eat. Honestly, we should have sent it back. We usually get a filet and have never had a bad one. We will go back but never order that again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful establishmentTheBOSSDined on 8/2/2014Food, atmostshper and service was fantastic. I would recommend this place to anyone celebrating a major event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delivers!GrubLvrDined on 8/1/2014I've been aching for a good steak in LA/ OC area since I've considered the best steaks I've had have been outside California. I will now say the best steak in Southern California is at 555 East! Their meat is aged, & prepared to perfection! I always have either the 8 oz or 12 oz filet mignon, and am always satisfied. This place never disappoints and will leave you coming back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014Excellent cocktails, steak, wine and dessert! Good service, nice atmosphere! 2nd time here. consistentSpecial Features: