529 Wellington Cres.
Winnipeg, MB R3M 0A5Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://529wellington.ca/
- Phone: 2044878325
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Fraser MacLeod
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Catering available through WOW Hospitality. Call 204-942-1090 for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Private party facilities for groups of 8-50 depending on availability.
- Private Party Contact: Jim Armstrong 2044878325x
A word from 529 Wellington
Experience the splendour of 529 Wellington, Winnipeg's Premier Steakhouse. The beautifully restored historic mansion offers intimate dining in 8 elegantly appointed rooms, as well as a beautiful 2-tiered riverside terrace for alfresco dining. 529 serves exclusively Prime Beef, the best available in Canada, as well as exotic fresh fish & seafood. The restaurant is also home of Manitoba's highest rated wine list, Wine Spectator Magazine's "Best of Award of Excellence".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
529 Wellington - Best Restaurants in Winnipeg ›
529 Wellington reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)notable wine list (68)romantic (67)great for lunch (36)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (26)scenic view (24)great for outdoor dining (22)great for brunch (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great food, crowded roomOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Food was amazing. Seating was very crowded, tables extremely close together, not very personable for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AligDined on 8/30/2014Food was great. The only thing was the tequila shrimps that we all felt were a little under cookedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to high standardsCurlyDined on 8/29/2014We went to 529 for a special birthday celebration. Ordered French onion, tuna tartare, Caesar salads and all were delicious. Mains were a 16 oz. New York for me and the filet/prawn combo for my wife. The steaks were spot on. Sides were the only low point, Chet's potatoes were fine but the featured Manitoba wild mushrooms really lacked flavour. Not a big enough deal to send them back but I love mushrooms and these disappointed me. Overall a very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationmeeshyDined on 8/26/2014My friend and I were here to celebrate her birthday. Neither of us had been to 529 before. We both enjoyed our evening and would recommend 529 for celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchTubaTubaDined on 8/22/2014The Daily Burger was great!!! The Turkey sandwiches were quite bland - disappointing. The desserts were fabulous! The room that we were seated in is far too quiet...you cannot have a private conversation without other tables hearing every word and we could not help but hear every word spoken at the tables next to us. I probably would not return for lunch again...the dinner menu is much better!
- Unique ambiance & locationGinThePinDined on 8/21/2014I've been here for both lunch and dinner on several occasions. I have always enjoyed the food and the service. The food is "real", not fluffy and pretentious, and well-portioned, excellent meats and beautifully presented for the most part. Food gets a 4 only because I had a small spinach side salad with my lunch entree ... it it was tasty, but without any eye appeal: there was Gorgonzola and candied walnuts but these at the bottom of the plate. What I saw was a small, sad plate of plain shiny spinach leaves. A pretty small beef, as the rest was great and everyone enjoyed the experience. Another huge PLUS is the parking right out frontSpecial Features:
- never disappointed hereBorntobakeDined on 8/21/2014I have dined here frequently and always enjoy the quality food and excellent service provided hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouthwatering mushrooms and moreCochraneFoodiesDined on 8/17/2014From Manitoba mushrooms to melt-in-your-mouth Alberta beef, every bite was a delight. However it was the waitstaff that made the meal sing. Beautiful wine recommendations, attentive smiles and thoughtful extras provided by those who served and schooled us made our amazing food a tremendous event...we will always remember our 10th @ 529!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lunchIhearteatingoutDined on 8/15/2014Had a great lunch at a reasonable price. Lots to choose from on lunch menu and prices are very comparable with other less lovely restaurants. You can order more expensively but our choices were so affordable and delicious plus the service was impeccable. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Needs some Spic & Span529firstimeDined on 8/15/2014We went for lunch. food was good. service was good. We sat by the wall, which could use a good leaning. lots of spatter on the walls. the coats and pants the waiters wear are bleached out and one size does not fit all. You have this thin waiter serving you in an oversized jacket that looks more yellow than white. Came of as fake fancy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak HouseSEScottDined on 8/13/2014This is a classic steak house which prides itself serving only Canada Grade A beef. What I liked was the offering of a 6 oz filet as many steak houses offer way too much steak for one person to consume. The 6oz tenderloin was exceptional, cooked perfectly with a nice wild mushroom side dish. Good selection of wine. It is expensive as each item is individually priced, so for a special occasion for those meat lovers a good place to go in Winnipeg. Service was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 529 WellingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014This is a great way to try out the restaurant. Lunches are much more affordable. Ask to sit on the patio and you can have a nice view of the river. They have many beautiful perennials to admire while you enjoy your lunch. Our waiter was efficient and knowledgeable of the food and wine.Special Features:
- Great timeFrankDined on 8/10/2014Everything was fantastic. Our server was great and the food was fantastic. I would recommend 529 to my friends. I will defiantly be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsAnniversaryCoupleDined on 8/9/2014We've chosen 529 for out wedding anniversary place to go. This was our fourth visit and it was perfect, as always. It's pricy, but worth it, so as long as we can afford it, we plan to keep going! If you get a chance - go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014We just decided to go out for a quiet supper and by booking at five PM, our expectations were well satisfied. The waiter was outstanding with close attention and pleasant attention to our needs. The meal was outstanding and my decision to try veal was a good experience indeed. This followed great appetizers and the waiter was there when we needed him. It was indeed nice to have the extra attention by our booking early as when we were leaving the restaurant got increasingly busy. My partners Margarita was very well done as well and my diet coke was superb. There was no need for desert as we were well satiated by the time we finished our appetizers and salad and main course. All in all, a pleasant dinning experience.Special Features:
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Excellent evening! Sat on patio for first time. Enjoyed very much!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TemperatureContentButFrozenDined on 7/29/2014While the dinner was exquisite, my husband and i were seated next to a window with a floor vent right beside us. It was a very warm, summer evening and i was wearing a dress with sandals. The air blowing out of the vent was extremely cold. I asked the waiter if he could possibly cover up the vent, which he did! With a folded table cloth. It didn't seem to help much. I had to use my shawl to cover my legs which also didn't help a great deal. The meal was difficult to enjoy because of the cold air. My legs were frozen and aching by the end of dinner. Please consider those of us who are not well endowed with insulation. A fleece blanket would have been lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion Birthday LunchTwinsnightoutDined on 7/28/2014We came for a Birthday Lunch. It was amazing lovely atmosphere, friendly waiters and interesting menu with a lot of choices. We both had the onion soup which was delicious. I had the ruben sandwich absolute the best ever, She had the hamburger it was so good she had to force herself not to eat it all so she could take a "bite" home for her husband. Great place to come for any meal.Special Features:
- KinderchipmunkDined on 7/27/2014It's my first time going at 529. Been in few fine dining restaurants but 529 is the best in town. It's perfect for romantic dining or group dinners. Service is amazing and our server is very courteous and friendly. Food is great. Definitely going back in this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & Servicepetedr2Dined on 7/27/2014Great food with the best waiter (Roger) my wife and I have ever experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentJimbitsDined on 7/26/2014It was our 8th or 9th time at 529 and it never disappoints. Everything was great and tasted as it should have. Will be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quality establishmentWinnipegFoodFanDined on 7/22/2014My friends and I went for a business celebration. This was not our first visit, and it will not be our last. We enjoyed the gamut: appetizers, wine, steaks, and dessert . As usual, the food was delicious and our waiter was professional and helpful. The à la carte options were lovely. We particularly enjoyed the ribs and the tuna tartare. Other than a small glitch when the wrong ice cream was delivered, we all really enjoyed the meal. This is a place where we will go again. True, it is not inexpensive to eat there, but you are paying for quality. They are also open for lunch, and that is a decent option as the pricing is a little easier on the pocketbook.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Beautiful location on patio for lunch. Wonderful landscaping and right on the river. Food and service...excellent as always. First time out with new grandchild. Perfect lunch and afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2014Food was fantastic, waiter was great totally a fun eveningSpecial Features:
- Perfect PatioPatioPatronDined on 7/17/2014529 is always a favorite of mine for patio dining. Gorgeous greenery, flowers and a lovely river view. Love the xxl umbrella. The home made Corned Beef on the Reuben melts in your mouth and if you're ordering the sweet potato fries, you'll have enough to share with a table of four!Special Features:
- A Night To RememberToria43Dined on 7/16/2014It was my friends 60th birthday and she wanted to celebrate very quietly. The restaurant is of course beautiful with the historic décor. We were greeted by a very friendly lady and taken to our table. Which was a quiet corner table, just what I had asked for. The flowers that I had ordered for the table, were right there. Our Server was top notch. Friendly. Informative. Attentive. Food of course was perfection. The chef at this restaurant is top notch. Everything that came out was wonderful. Flavorful. Beautifully prepared. Dessert was delectable. The evening was total perfection. I Thank 529 for making this night a night to remember for my friend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to dineopentotryingnewthingsDined on 7/16/2014We went there recently for lunch. The service was attentive and our meal was very tasty. The portion size for the amount charged is a little small however and would not recommend this restaurant to anyone on a budget as it is very pricy, my lunch for 2 people without wine or alcoholic beverages was just under $100! nothing fancy was ordered per se either. In all it is nice if you are going for a business lunch or a special dinner for 2. It would be very expensive to host a large family for dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodElroywpgDined on 7/15/2014Food was good as we celebrated a milestone birthdaySpecial Features:
- ObservationseddieDined on 7/15/2014Both waiter/waitress did not identify the night's "specials". My tenderloin/crab was ok....the steak not cooked properly -asked for medium-rare+, steak was cooked medium+. My wife's prime rib was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary diner!BelaDined on 7/14/2014It was my first visit at this restaurant. I liked the atmosphere, the food was amazing. I was disappointed though because even though I mentioned on my reservations that it's our wedding anniversary, there was no acknowledgement of it all. I was hoping that maybe the table would look a bit different, or staff will acknowledge it or something of that sort. But was absolutely nothing! In overall, the food didn't disappoint us!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamonds for dessert.NewfieDined on 7/13/2014This trip to 529 was the best yet. The food was great as always, amazing service and I followed up our meal by asking my girlfriend to be my wife. The others in the room clapped and said congratulations as the waiter appeared with 2 glasses of champaign. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableLuvitDined on 7/12/2014Our server was wonderful! Very informative and friendly. The steak was done to perfection. We love the atmosphere. We are never disappointed when we come! It is always a Great dining experience. Thanks for the wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Enjoyed the food. Not the seatsTbhtbhDined on 7/1/2014I booked a resevation there on July 1. Glad it was opened on holiday. The service was ok. Steaks was the best so far . But they put us on a small room filled with two another stranger's tables. It made the atmostphere very uncomfortable and everyone seems to tried to keeps it down because we were too close to each other. Didnt like the seatsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IhearteatingoutDined on 6/29/2014Rainy, miserable long weekend Sunday so we decided to treat ourselves and our daughter to a nice dinner. It made the terrible weather seem irrelevant. Great ambiance and delicious dinner.Special Features:
- Well worth itBobkoDined on 6/29/2014Service was great and so was the food. Got there early and it was quiet for 90% of our stay. Rod is an exceptional waiter was quite helpful with the menu. Was a super way to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cleanlinessclean4uDined on 6/28/2014While our dining experience was good, and the food was excellent, one of the parties at our table was a little taken aback on two areas of cleanliness. Our waiter, while very knowledgeable and friendly, was wearing a uniform that really could have used laundering. Also, when the condiments were brought for the baked potato (sour cream/bacon/chives) it was quite noticeable that the serving dish was not very clean and perhaps could have been wiped off prior to bringing it to the table. These are small things - but important ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Exceptional food, excellent service, beautiful surroundings, fabulous dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Family OccasionSalsysDined on 6/22/2014Our most favorite thing to do - dining with our children - was extra special this past Sunday. We were privileged to enjoy the 529 experience - the building, the perfectly prepared soups, the tender and tasty beef, and the excellent choices in side dishes. An unforgettable dining experience that made our family dinner one to talk about in future conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to usual standardOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2014Have never had a bad experience at this restaurant until this one. One appetizer was not as generous as it usually is. Steaks left in hallway cooling off while waiter chit chatted and poured wine at another table Meat was not trimmed properly. Mashed sweet potatoes were cold and when they returned after pointing this out they were too hot and arrived after we ate most of our meal. No discount given on them. I hope this experience this was just an anomaly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantJess9641Dined on 6/22/2014Had a really nice time. The food was delicious, I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.