529 Wellington Cres.
Winnipeg, MB R3M 0A5Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://529wellington.ca/
- Phone: 2044878325
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Fraser MacLeod
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Catering available through WOW Hospitality. Call 204-942-1090 for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Private party facilities for groups of 8-50 depending on availability.
- Private Party Contact: Jim Armstrong 2044878325x
A word from 529 Wellington
Experience the splendour of 529 Wellington, Winnipeg's Premier Steakhouse. The beautifully restored historic mansion offers intimate dining in 8 elegantly appointed rooms, as well as a beautiful 2-tiered riverside terrace for alfresco dining. 529 serves exclusively Prime Beef, the best available in Canada, as well as exotic fresh fish & seafood. The restaurant is also home of Manitoba's highest rated wine list, Wine Spectator Magazine's "Best of Award of Excellence".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
529 Wellington - Best Restaurants in Winnipeg ›
529 Wellington reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (114)romantic (80)notable wine list (70)fit for foodies (46)great for lunch (36)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (33)scenic view (21)great for outdoor dining (18)hot spot (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- EXPIERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014It was perfect from the time we walked in ,to when we left.The Waiter, food ,dessert ,tea was all to good.We will make this place a habit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 46th anniversary celebration dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014We wanted our 46th anniversary dinner for two to be memorable and it certainly was. Everything was great! Although it was a Sunday night the restaurant still became quite busy. We arrived a little early for our reservation and for a while we were alone in our section (room) but as the evening progressed and the room filled up we still received the same prompt service and attention we were getting early on. We were prepared to spend a little more on our special night and we certainly did! However we expected a lot and we were not disappointed. We felt we received fair value and really appreciated the complimentary sweet wine offered to us, after dinner. I expect that this will be our destination for our future anniversary dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Great for a special occasion! I enjoyed the "royal " treatment from the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014From start to finish, one of the finest dining experiences one could expect. Service and food all par excellent. Would not hesitate to go again on any regular or special occasion.Special Features:
- Great lunch!laineyDined on 10/10/2014Excellent service! Our orders were taken promptly and food received promptly as well. The burger specials were very tasty!Special Features:
- Never disappointedLovethiscityDined on 10/7/2014I have been to 529 for dinner many times and love the food, character mansion and wonderful professional service. This was my first opportunity to have lunch there and I brought a visitor from out of province. She was impressed with the food and the comfortable ambience of the dining area. 529 is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After-effects of mealRBJ123Dined on 10/3/2014My husband and I and I went to 529 Wellington for our 25th anniversary of being together. It was a special occasion for us. The ambiance was outstanding, service was impeccable and virtually no noise level. The tables were situated such that each table had it's own private few from other diners.Special Features:
- ExcellentbjspickDined on 10/3/2014We had a wonderful experience. The service was fantastic and the food was excellent. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone I have contact with.Special Features:
- Not so good...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014529 had become a "go to" place for us to go for a nice steak in great atmosphere. The room and service is still excellent but the last three occasions, the steak (strip and fillet) were tough and of poor quality. I will pass for a while and hope they improve the quality of food.
- 171GDined on 10/2/2014This was our first visit to 529. We found the atmosphere pleasant and quiet which is important to us. The service very good. An excellent wine list. We both had the steak sandwich which we found flavourful although a bit on the salty side for our taste. We would like to try dinner with friends next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, you got me.BigFattyDined on 9/27/2014I took my boyfriend here for dinner for his birthday. I've been a handful of times and I'm sure he is going to be blown away by some of the beef choices. I am an avid connoisseur of French Onion Soup and have to try it at every restaurant I go to. The problem with this is I end up at least half full before my meal arrives and it's usually not worth it. I have found my new favorite. Your french onion soup is one of a kind. Fantastic! Bravo! Then my boyfriend almost fell off his chair with delight as his eyes lit up and he yelled out, oh my god, this is the best crab EVER! That was on Sat night. We are on Mon and he keeps declaring that we must return for the crab. I am determined to go back to try lunch and we will be returning for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was so very, very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We first enjoyed a delicious appetizer. Our was next course, a salad, was sooo good, not a morsel was left behind. Then the main course!! It was so perfectly prepared, that if was impossible not to enjoy every last piece. Hence, having finished our steaks our salad and the appetizer- regretfully we had absolutely no room left for dessert . Oh, and the wine, suggested by our waiter was also fabulous!!Special Features:
- excellentjgjohnsDined on 9/26/2014Definitely a splurge but worth it. Service and food were both excellent. Great suggestions from our server also which is always appreciated. The pinot grigio that was recommended was delicious as well. Great night all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrating a family occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Great food, service and we could take our time which is wonderful and appreciated !Special Features:
- GrumpDined on 9/20/2014Thoroughly enjoyable. Excellent food. Service was attentive but not obtrusive.Special Features:
- Wonderful, as always!Table42Dined on 9/20/2014We always choose 529 for our most special occasions. Nowhere else can you receive this level of service and delicious food. Can't wait until our next special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Chose 529 for a very special occasion. I relocated from Fraserwood to Winnipeg in August and started high school September, 1957. I met two girls on my street with whom I walked to school and we've been friends for 57 years. I dubbed this my "57/57" event, choosing 529 as the place to make this memory. It did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dale is wonderfulKennyO1944Dined on 9/14/2014Dale that you for all of your help, and listening to the ghost stories. It was really important for Ken to have shared about his aunt and the potatoes. It was his first and last visit to 529 .... he passed away on Thursday the 25th at 0540H. Thank you for treating him so normally and with such respect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Food was good, steak was perfectly cooked, had the mashed potatoes with my steak, they could've used some garlic or seasoning. Overall good meal, good service but was a little noisy and food not quite in line with what you'd expect for a meal out in that price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGaryandJillDined on 9/10/2014Our first time at 529 and we thoroughly enjoyed the ambience, food and service. This was our 4th wedding anniversary and our visit was perfect. Steaks were done perfect as we ordered them. A bit pricey but we knew this going in. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- AmazingEbrownDined on 9/7/2014The food and service at 529 was amazing. A step above the rest. Our server Chris M was helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. Our food was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Food and serviceOU812Dined on 9/3/2014I brought my wife and 3 ds to 529 for my wife's Birthday, the ambience, the food, the service were fantastic, even the kids stayed on the very best dining behavior and enjoyed all the dishes; it was a great experience for any special occasion or small get together.Special Features:
- Lunch on the patiobajagirlDined on 9/2/2014An outdoor lunch setting more beautiful than this place is hard to find in Winnipeg. The food and service also is excellent and the wine list amazing. Highly recommend for any special lunch or when you just want to sit amongst beauty and enjoy the view and food. The pickerel fish and chips was excellent. The blueberry bread pudding is delicious and easily feeds 2.Special Features:
- Wonderful celebratory mealKBWpgdinerDined on 9/1/2014Celebrated a milestone birthday at 529 Wellington. Outstanding experience. Perfect service in a wonderful historic room setting. The porterhouse was superb. Loved the maple walnut sweet potato mash! Thanks for a memorable night.Special Features:
- Great food, crowded roomBluejp4Dined on 8/31/2014Food was amazing. Seating was very crowded, tables extremely close together, not very personable for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AligDined on 8/30/2014Food was great. The only thing was the tequila shrimps that we all felt were a little under cookedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to high standardsCurlyDined on 8/29/2014We went to 529 for a special birthday celebration. Ordered French onion, tuna tartare, Caesar salads and all were delicious. Mains were a 16 oz. New York for me and the filet/prawn combo for my wife. The steaks were spot on. Sides were the only low point, Chet's potatoes were fine but the featured Manitoba wild mushrooms really lacked flavour. Not a big enough deal to send them back but I love mushrooms and these disappointed me. Overall a very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationmeeshyDined on 8/26/2014My friend and I were here to celebrate her birthday. Neither of us had been to 529 before. We both enjoyed our evening and would recommend 529 for celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchTubaTubaDined on 8/22/2014The Daily Burger was great!!! The Turkey sandwiches were quite bland - disappointing. The desserts were fabulous! The room that we were seated in is far too quiet...you cannot have a private conversation without other tables hearing every word and we could not help but hear every word spoken at the tables next to us. I probably would not return for lunch again...the dinner menu is much better!
- Unique ambiance & locationGinThePinDined on 8/21/2014I've been here for both lunch and dinner on several occasions. I have always enjoyed the food and the service. The food is "real", not fluffy and pretentious, and well-portioned, excellent meats and beautifully presented for the most part. Food gets a 4 only because I had a small spinach side salad with my lunch entree ... it it was tasty, but without any eye appeal: there was Gorgonzola and candied walnuts but these at the bottom of the plate. What I saw was a small, sad plate of plain shiny spinach leaves. A pretty small beef, as the rest was great and everyone enjoyed the experience. Another huge PLUS is the parking right out frontSpecial Features:
- never disappointed hereBorntobakeDined on 8/21/2014I have dined here frequently and always enjoy the quality food and excellent service provided hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouthwatering mushrooms and moreCochraneFoodiesDined on 8/17/2014From Manitoba mushrooms to melt-in-your-mouth Alberta beef, every bite was a delight. However it was the waitstaff that made the meal sing. Beautiful wine recommendations, attentive smiles and thoughtful extras provided by those who served and schooled us made our amazing food a tremendous event...we will always remember our 10th @ 529!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lunchIhearteatingoutDined on 8/15/2014Had a great lunch at a reasonable price. Lots to choose from on lunch menu and prices are very comparable with other less lovely restaurants. You can order more expensively but our choices were so affordable and delicious plus the service was impeccable. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Needs some Spic & Span529firstimeDined on 8/15/2014We went for lunch. food was good. service was good. We sat by the wall, which could use a good leaning. lots of spatter on the walls. the coats and pants the waiters wear are bleached out and one size does not fit all. You have this thin waiter serving you in an oversized jacket that looks more yellow than white. Came of as fake fancy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak HouseSEScottDined on 8/13/2014This is a classic steak house which prides itself serving only Canada Grade A beef. What I liked was the offering of a 6 oz filet as many steak houses offer way too much steak for one person to consume. The 6oz tenderloin was exceptional, cooked perfectly with a nice wild mushroom side dish. Good selection of wine. It is expensive as each item is individually priced, so for a special occasion for those meat lovers a good place to go in Winnipeg. Service was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 529 WellingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014This is a great way to try out the restaurant. Lunches are much more affordable. Ask to sit on the patio and you can have a nice view of the river. They have many beautiful perennials to admire while you enjoy your lunch. Our waiter was efficient and knowledgeable of the food and wine.Special Features:
- Great timeFrankDined on 8/10/2014Everything was fantastic. Our server was great and the food was fantastic. I would recommend 529 to my friends. I will defiantly be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsAnniversaryCoupleDined on 8/9/2014We've chosen 529 for out wedding anniversary place to go. This was our fourth visit and it was perfect, as always. It's pricy, but worth it, so as long as we can afford it, we plan to keep going! If you get a chance - go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014We just decided to go out for a quiet supper and by booking at five PM, our expectations were well satisfied. The waiter was outstanding with close attention and pleasant attention to our needs. The meal was outstanding and my decision to try veal was a good experience indeed. This followed great appetizers and the waiter was there when we needed him. It was indeed nice to have the extra attention by our booking early as when we were leaving the restaurant got increasingly busy. My partners Margarita was very well done as well and my diet coke was superb. There was no need for desert as we were well satiated by the time we finished our appetizers and salad and main course. All in all, a pleasant dinning experience.Special Features:
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Excellent evening! Sat on patio for first time. Enjoyed very much!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.