525 at The Berry Burk
525 E Grace St
Richmond, VA 23219Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
525 at The Berry Burk
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.525rva.com/
- Phone: 8043828390
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thurday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from 525 at The Berry Burk
525 At The Berry Burk is an upscale restaurant opening in the Spring of 2012 in the Berry Burk building, previous home of a luxury mens fashion store.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
525 at The Berry Burk reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Downtown Richmond VA LunchcharlestondiningfanVIPDined on 4/14/2014We went for lunch and really enjoyed it...nice selection of salads and sandwiches...seemed very popular for biz lunches for good reason, but we also look forward to going back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Richmond's best!frequentdinerVIPDined on 4/12/2014Excellent restaurant, rating outstanding in every category. More Richmonders should experience this restaurant and they would then be regulars, as we have become. I particularly enjoy the roasted red pepper hummus as an appetizer. There is a nice variety of choices on the menu and most are available in two sizes which helps if you enjoy smaller portions. The manager has carefully selected some outstanding personnel and they provide some of the best service in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smart entree options -2 sizes availLalaVIPDined on 4/11/2014Delicious dinner -- loved all the salad options! Dressings are terrific and salads are interesting. Could not choose among the various appetizers they all looked great! But decided on the potstickers which were fab! Love that they offered entrees in 2 sizes - thank you, thank you. This is so smart and I wish more restaurants did this! My small order of salmon was cooked perfectly atop coconut risotto. This allowed me, and other diners who do not want to waste food or overeat, to order app, salad and entree and experience all the chef has thoughtfully prepared! Will be back! Excellent location to eat before a show!
- High noise level. OverworkedWildcatDined on 4/4/2014High noise level. Overworked waitress but she got us out for opera on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the show dinnerJessicamarie77Dined on 4/4/2014My husband and I both ordered the fillet. We ordered it cooked medium and they both came out shrunken and very very well done. Mine still had the temperature stick in it. The broccoli was also mushy and overcooked. When we recieved our new steaks they came out on a small plate so we could transfer them to our old plates and remove the old steaks ourselves. The flavor was overwhelming, charcoal. It was like we were at a friend's outdoor BBQ instead of paying a substantial amount at a nice restaurant. We have no problem paying for something we can't do at home like a flavorful sauce. We will not be back for the food, maybe a drink before a show only.Special Features:
- Poor service, worse foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2014Waited 30 minutes for a server to come to table, another 30 for a cocktail. 25 minuted later, dinner arrived and the food was pretty much inedible. Steak was unseasoned and well done (ordered med rare), carrots were raw, ridiculous clump of undressed salad on plate, au gratin potatoes were dry, overcooked, and charred black. Server said she was sorry. No one was in charge and there is no quality control. Oh, also ordered bread and butter which never appeared. Oddly enough, my water glass was refilled.
- Another open table winnerMSWdinerDined on 4/3/2014The house vinaigrette on the house salad is quite special, especially with Salmon. The in house bread is very tasty as well.Special Features:
- Great experience2014erDined on 3/29/2014We were a party of four using a Groupon. We chose butternut squash fondue served with warm pita chips and potstickers to share as starters. For entrees we had the short ribs and scallops which both were we very good. Short ribs were very tender and the scallops were perfect. For dessert we had the bread pudding, which came out hot and delicious. Portion size was generous for sharing. Great experience. So glad we asked our server for suggestions. She gave us crowd favorites as well as her own. The service was great. Nice place for a meal or drinks and appetizers. They also have two portion sizes on the entrees. Great feature so you can save room for the bread pudding. The overall experience was excellent from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our night at 525.TrishDined on 3/29/2014We enjoyed our night at 525. Food was great and so was our server, as well as the hostess. If you are not going to the Carpenter, I would recommend waiting until 7:30 or later to let the theater crowd thin out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ggiewontDined on 3/29/2014We went here for our anniversary (with a Groupon), and we found everything to be impeccable. We would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ho hum...kannloweVIPDined on 3/29/2014Really excited to try the nightly special of lamb chops and crab cakes, what a disappointment, two lamb chops were overdone and the third was cooked perfectly, even after requesting that the chops be cooked medium rare, just in case...appetizer of butternut squash fondue, was mediocre, needed some kind of spice or seasoning. Really surprised that the food wasn't up to par, the only great part of our dinner, the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great for work lunchesPICKYEATERDined on 3/24/2014Great location in the city for business lunches. I've been there before and never have I found it particularly crowded or loud yet the food has consistently been delicious. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itawesomeVIPDined on 3/22/2014Had a great meal with some of the best service I have found in Richmond, I would tell other restaurants to check this place out and see what real service is about. From the Host to the Manager just awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!MrNEWZVIPDined on 3/22/2014Had dinner with friends and the meal beginning to end was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carpenter Center ClosenessLuv2eatoutVIPDined on 3/4/2014525 at Berry Burk is close to the Carpenter Center and that's the only reason to eat there. The menu is uninteresting. The soup was not hot. The salmon and risotto was way too sweet, not savory. The only one of our 6 diners happy with their meal was the one who ordered the bison burger sliders with fries. So, convenient, yes. Destination in and of itself, not so much.
- Perfect restaurant before a showJoJoBeanDined on 3/4/2014This is the perfect restaurant before a show at the Carpenter Center. We love it! Just a warning -- make your reservation early and arrive early for a leisurely dinner. Otherwise, you'll be caught in the crowds hurrying to eat before a show. Small plates are excellent options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for pre-concert dinner!CherDined on 3/1/2014Our server was outstanding! He was knowledgeable about the concert, aware of our time contraints. He paid close attention to our needs and served us quickly without rushing us. The menu was varied and interesting. I was a little disappointed in my steak as I believe it was aged beef which I do not prefer. I didn't see that specified on the menu and I didn't ask which was my fault. My companion enjoyed his meal which was tasty (scallops and grits) and portioned generously. We will definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- started well, ended badlyEMilliganDined on 2/28/2014The ambience was nice, as was the server; however she wasn't that attentive to details like removing menus, appetizer dishes, etc. Potsticker app was delicious, as were the caesar salads. Problem occurred when fish du jour arrived: grey, shrunken slab of swordfish that I knew was no good. Tasting it confirmed my fear: tough, overcooked, old "fishy" smell. Server was good about removing it immediately, and the manager tasted it too and agreed it was inedible. I opted for a tofu stir-fry with jasmine rice, which was adequate, not outstanding. Husband's filet mignon was also adequate, but honestly I've had better steak at chain steakhouses! There are so many good restaurants in Richmond that I will not be returning to this one. It's a shame.Special Features:
- Perfect spot before the theatreDianaVIPDined on 2/28/2014Located catty-corner from the Landmark Theater, 525 At The Berry Burke is a convenient and special restaurant for dinner before a performance. Six of us were seated at a round table, perfect for conversing and sharing our dinner with one another. The salads are large and ideal for sharing and the selection of small, medium, and large plates provides options for everyone. Be sure to save room for the Bourbon and Pecan Bread Pudding richly made with toasted pecans and drenched with butterscotch bourbon sauce. It's a absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Quiet Night, Good FoodSueLDined on 2/27/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday on a Thursday night (we had a Groupon). It was very quiet since there was not a show at Center Stage. We had a good meal, not a great meal. We ordered filet mignon and it was very tender. I'd go back just for the potatoes au gratin and the bread pudding. Service was great but wonder if it would be as good with a full house. With so many great restaurants nearby, they will need to work harder to wow their diners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 525OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2014Beautiful atmosphere, service, food and drinks are outstanding. I recommend this place to friends and bring out of town guests for a unique dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good Richmond restaurantLawrenceDined on 2/21/2014Had dinner with some friends at Berry Burk. Food is diverse and good. The interior is loud and bright. Excellent and knowledgeable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just opposite the Carpenter TheaterLeeFDined on 2/21/2014A great restaurant with fine service in the heart of Richmond's theater district. Go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-performance diningFranDined on 2/21/2014525 always pleases with good food and attentive service, allowing diners to enjoy an unrushed meal and still attend a performance at Center Stage. The restaurant is a wonderful addition to Richmond's Downtown.Special Features:
- Always a treatKimberDined on 2/21/2014525 at The Berry Burk is always a good experience. The meals are delicious and the service is good. Parking is a breeze and it is great for date night or a night out with friends.Special Features:
- My group enjoyed having agfb12913Dined on 2/20/2014My group enjoyed having a fresh salad for lunch at a great location near the State Capitol. Delicious and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little disappointedNew2RVADined on 2/15/2014After going to the Carpenter for Cinderella, we crossed the street for dinner. After the soup (clam chowder) and salad started amazingly, the dinner and other things fell short. My martini was charged extra money for bleu cheese olives that were tiny and hardly had any bleu cheese. And my seafood mahi dinner (market price) was very expensive for Mahi and was just OK. The full order of spare ribs was fair and the side of mac and cheese and bok choy (odd pairing) was flavorless.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day 2014Venture17Dined on 2/15/2014We actually went on the 15th, but anyway... From the moment we walked in, everything was fantastic. My girlfriend and I thoroughly were impressed. Classy appearance, friendly service, wonderful view through the windows, food tasted great and was presented well. We loved 525!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGREGBDined on 2/15/2014Everything was outstanding-food, service, and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably would not go backcrosby1Dined on 2/15/2014Food was just OK. Ambience was awful (think large room with a "cold" feeling to it). We sat next to the stairs, which underneath is used as an open storage area for chairs and tables. Service was slow and overbearing. Nice concept, but they don't know how to pull it off.
- We love 525 - this will alwaysJeffDined on 2/14/2014We love 525 - this will always be out choice when dining in this part of Richmond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server, Alexa, was simplyMotaVIPDined on 2/8/2014Our server, Alexa, was simply outstanding---friendly but professional, attentive but not disruptive. The food choices were extensive and the menu interesting. We advised our waitress we had a 8:00 curtain across the street and she managed everything perfectly for us. It is definitely worth a try pre-theater or just a visit to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Richmond's jewelfrequentdinerVIPDined on 2/8/2014This is such a great restaurant. We love having the option of small plates and all menu selections are creative and delicious. This restaurant deserves to be successful and we certainly hope it will be. We are doing our part to spread the word.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOutWithTheGirlsDined on 2/7/2014Celebrated our daughter's 21st birthday here. Food was delicious - do not miss the butternut squash dip and homemade pita chips. The owner stopped by to chat and we spoke at length - really friendly. Everyone enjoyed the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!MikeDined on 1/25/2014One of the best experiences in Richmond so far. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Berry Burk stays true to High EndAgrumpDined on 1/25/2014A professional combination of service, food and space resulted in a spot on dining experience. The bar operated smoothly and showed plenty of experience with the new and old. For this 20 something birthday dinner we sampled two appetizers with the fondue/dip barely winning the first round over the lobster bisque. Four shared entrees ribs, scallops, flounder, and then three deserts of chocolate, lemon, and a special one which the kitchen sent out for the birthday girl. Staff showed their expertise and training with the wine pairings and gave the right amount of attention and pace. A tip of the hat to the Berry Burk team..Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsRoadwomanDined on 1/25/2014Loved all of our soups, salads and entrees! Lobster bisque with bourbon whipped cream was to die for! From the salmon to the trout to the quail, everything was well seasoned and delicious. We especially liked that many of the entrees came in two sizes! For example, I could choose between a 5 oz salmon serving or a 10 oz serving. The smaller plates are plenty of food at a very reasonable price. The larger plates are appropriately priced for their size. The wait staff was friendly and the food came promptly. We will be back!Special Features:
- Lovely for LunchRedjonesVIPDined on 1/24/2014We had a very nice lunch at 525 at The Berry Burke on a cold Friday afternoon. Attentive service, lovely food -- the soup was especially delicious. Look forward to having dinner there.Special Features:
- Very nice spot in downtown RichmondAndrewVIPDined on 1/18/2014Super nice waitress, very nice vibe. Food was very good - excellent - DEFINITELY don't miss the butternut squash fondue (WOW!), the short ribs and the s'more brownies for dessert. Also good were the scallops and the wontons....the bread pudding was a bit sweet for my taste.Special Features:
- ExceptionalTammyDined on 1/17/2014Elegant ambienice. The staff was outstanding. Our filet was so tender, we could cut it with our butter knife. The homemade pita chips were delicious.Definitely a new favorite Richmond restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.