51Fifteen Restaurant & Lounge
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
51Fifteen Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.51fifteen.com/
- Phone: 7139638067x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am-10:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am -4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, South American, International
- Executive Chef: Jamil Bean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: 51Fifteen offers various catering options for off-site lunch/dinner events. Our staff is eager to work with you to design and create the perfect experience. Please contact Cassie at 713-205-2148 to place your catering order. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies. Advanced approval for catering orders are required to ensure timely deliveries and service.
- Entertainment: 51Fifteen features live music. This includes a Pianist during lunch on Wednesday through Saturday and Friday & Saturday evenings, Solo Guitarist on Wednesday nights and Flamenco style music during our Sunday brunch.
- Special Events: If you have a special event such as an engagement dinner, wedding rehearsal, bridal shower, corporate meetings, Bar/Bat Mitzvah and would like to reserve the whole restaurant or the private room please call Cassie at 713-205-2148 for more details.
- Cross Street: Located 2nd floor of Saks
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking options include valet service located in front of Saks Fifth Avenue on Westheimer Avenue.
Free parking is available in the Galleria parking garages, however please note that you cannot access the parking garages through SAKS Fifth Avenue after SAKS has closed (typically by 9pm on Friday and Saturday).
A word from 51Fifteen Restaurant & Lounge
51Fifteen Restaurant & Lounge is a five-star restaurant specializing in World Fusion Cuisine and is located on the second floor of Saks Fifth Avenue in Houston’s Galleria Mall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
51Fifteen Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (45)great for lunch (45)great for brunch (34)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (25)scenic view (21)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (8)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Awesome 1st time dining experiencepumpkinbreadDined on 9/13/2014Hubby and I met up with another couple we had not had a chance to hang out with in a while, so this was perfect!!! dressy casual or dress all the way up, this cozy, but lux spot is perfect!! and the food??? Yes ma'am, yes sir, everything everyone had, from the appetizer to the dessert was yummy and it didn't break the bank; can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sept 13 2014fatpiggieDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant was beautifully presented. The pianist was extremely friendly and lively. The food was good and reasonably priced, though my foodie boyfriend had a little more criticism. Overall I was extremely pleased. I'd love to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 61st Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014I was looking for a nice quite place to take my parents for their 61st anniversary. The staff at 51fifteen made the event so special and romantic. The piano player even played one of the songs that my parents had at their wedding. The food was fabulous and well plated. We will most certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab BrunchStephanieDined on 8/31/2014Came here for brunch during HRW with my dad. We each ordered different menu items so we can try as much as possible and it was all delicious. Standout items were sausage, berry crepes, and lemon tart. Also, they had a jazz band playing which created a fun ambiance. Definitely would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationAnniversaryCoupleDined on 8/30/2014I chose 51fifteen due to having gone there previously for a special occasion with my spouse. We had a wonderful time then and I felt this would be just as special seeing she enjoyed it for the previous special occasion years prior. I also looked at the menu and they were serving from a special dinner menu for restaurants week. We had a good time but not a great time as before. Had asked to make it special due to the occasion when making our reservations online but was seated in among others with loud conversations. So it was hardly romantic. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheVeggieFoodieDined on 8/30/2014We initially went here for restaurant week, but the regular menu looked so good that we opted to pay more! It turned out great, and we were pleased with the service as well as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knew?mkojac003Dined on 8/29/2014Maybe I'm not familiar with Saks, but I would have never guess there'd be a restaurant inside. The food was fantastic, had a great wine selection, and service was impeccable. There's not much inside to absorb noise, so if it's crowded or if there are any large parties, the noise level escalates quickly. We were there for HRW, so a thumbs up for the grilled oysters, lobster arancini, flank steak, and a double thumbs up to the grilled scallops. The desserts were "just" desserts, but still a fine finish to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovediningDined on 8/29/2014For a 5 star restaurant I expected alot more. It was way to loud that it echo. The service was just ok. The food didn't care for it. Then when the store closes you have to walk all around to get to the garage because they close that entrance. Won't be going back.
- Great Galleria employee lunch spotwesthoustonfoodie1Dined on 8/26/201451Fifteen is an elegant and convenient location for Williams Tower and other nearby Galleria-area employees to go on special occasion lunches. Great service. Wonderful food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014The brunch menu was very good - amazingly, it was the muffins in the bread basket that were the favorite food for the meal. The rest was also wonderful. The decor is iexceptional - somewhat reminiscent of the Turrell wall at the Museum of Fine Art. There was a jazz band for brunch - that was an unexpected treat. Of course, that translates to a louder atmosphere. The only downside was that our server appeared a bit overwhelmed by the crowd and was somewhat slow with service.
- impressedCjandcjVIPDined on 8/24/2014this was our first time here and we came to try HRW. The menu for HRW brunch was superb with different selections for different tastes. the service and decor was fancy and elegant. the dishes were all excellent. I would definitely come back and try the regular menu. they were very accommodating with our babies but not the place to bring kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmmm!FoodieloverDined on 8/24/2014Best thing around the galleria area! Went for Houston resturant week, their brunch, and loved it!! Food and staff were amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch-happyRainkissesDined on 8/24/2014We went there for brunch. Our waiter was fantastic... his enthusiasm for the food was contagious... because of him, we couldn't help but be excited for the dishes that were about to be brought out. And for good reason too! The food was perfect... not too heavy on the seasonings but lots of flavor. There was live music. The restaurant is beautiful. My only "complaint" is there is just too many tables, it was difficult to maneauver around to the tables towards the back where we sat... but it's not even a true complaint cause I only had to walk through the maze of chairs a total of two times... once to get to the table and once to leave the restaurant after our check was settled. I was definitely impressed with the restaurant and our service.Special Features:
- kscsDined on 8/23/2014Main courses were awesome! Will know next time to ask for a better table. Was disappointed that sizes of deserts has shrunk from what they used to be.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerDinnerfor2Dined on 8/23/2014We did the preset menu for Resteraunt week. It was good!
- Ho HumpickydinerDined on 8/23/2014We had a "nice" meal with "nice" service. We enjoyed the evening but would probably not venture outside the Loop again to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made a reservationBrennerVIPDined on 8/23/2014And was sent to sit at a high top bar table while there where 7 open tables. Almost left until the manager came over and sat us at a normal table.
- restaurant week 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great for restaurant week. Need to fix parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchKhannnDined on 8/23/2014Went here with a friend for Sunday brunch. Staff was amazingly attentive. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Friday Lunch MeetingattorneymeetingsDined on 8/22/2014Great food, they made accommodations for my meal and the Houston Rest week menu which was nice. It was my first time but between the great service and piano music, we stayed for a couple of hours. Thanks!Special Features:
- Just a really great lunchCooksterDined on 8/20/2014We arrived an hour before our reservation but were promptly seated anyway. Service was attentive without being cloying. Food was great. Quiet enough that the four of us could easily carry on a conversation without yelling! Beautiful room and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodReefDined on 8/17/2014Food was great. I enjoyed the steak and eggs. They were really good.Special Features:
- SO DELICIOUSFatBaoDined on 8/17/2014I wasn't expecting a whole lot for brunch but I was amazed by not only the service but the food. The steak and eggs were so amazing and cooked perfectly to order. The bacon wrapped around the steak was a cherry on top! Bottomless mimosas were my favorite part of the meal! The waiter was very attentive and refilled our mimosas without any wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic BrunchByon93Dined on 8/17/2014Wanted to help out the Food Bank so decided to check out 51Fifteen Restaurant and Lounge. The portions were large, presentation was excellent and the taste was outstanding. Would definitely recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OustandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I came to 51fifteen for my birthday August 17 and we had an excellent time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 51fifteenDaveDined on 8/16/2014We went with friends and had a great time. The food and wine selection was very good, everyone enjoyed their meal. We chose to go when they had an international night and this was a great decision. The entertainment was excellent, the group Mango Punch was in top form and had the majority of people up and dancing. We will be back.
- LVelaDined on 8/16/2014Great place but it TOO HOT. Air conditioning seems to be cut back after the store closes and with everyone dancing it become unbearable. Love the place but they really have to do something about more AC.Special Features:
- My Saks Fifth GemLalaVDined on 8/16/2014Although the food want as great as times before, overall you can count on good atmosphere and design to impress. The music can be a bit loud, but the spread is great. Good for a nice dinner with a special someone or a night out with the girls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wonderful ambianceAgJaz08Dined on 8/16/2014I liked the live piano music and also the fact that he took requests and the food and service was outstanding. I'd recommend this place to anyone who asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mind BlowingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014The restaurant is beautiful, great for any occasion. The god was superb, I would reccomand that you try this spot is you love food. The chef walked around to speak with dinners. Overall I loved this restaurant and look forward to going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I went here with a couple girlfriends for our signature "ladies night out." The food was outstanding and so was all the staff. There was a piano player that came to our table to ask for a request and my friend ended up singing with him as he played! What a nice dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go back!!!NikNikDined on 8/15/2014Went for the Houston restaurant weeks but will go back for regular menu!! Great food, excellent service and fantastic piano man!! Love that he went from table to table throughout the night asking for requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice HRW offeringAngelDined on 8/15/2014Went for HRW and very much enjoyed the food and had wonderful service. To top it off, the pianist came twice to ask for songs requests and played selecting well. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Atmosphere, Below Average FoodChasecDined on 8/13/2014I liked the ambiance but the food was well below what i expected. We had three of us and all got different orders and tried each other's meals. No one liked any of the meals.
- Perfect!TXHuskerDined on 8/12/2014I treated my team to lunch at 51Fifteen during Houston Restaurant week. Their HRW menu had something for everyone and they all said it was the best lunch we had ever done. The food was outstanding as was the service (who doesn't like being called "Beautiful"?!) Some are already planning to go back again for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/12/2014Went for lunch during Houston Restaurant Weeks. Will be back. All three choices for the first course were good. The burger and the mini pork tacos were tasty second course choices. And the chocolate cake was the best dessert choice of the three.Special Features:
- nice spot after shoppingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014Great houston restaurant week menu! The gumbo was flavorful and spicy. The brisket burger was very juicy and the onion rings crispy. The only thing that I wanted more was cream cheese frosting inside the carrot cake twinkie. Everything was great including the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014The food was excellent as was the service. The scallops and osso bucco were cooked to perfection. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014We visited the restaurant with friends and were still seated after 9PM, enjoying our conversation. We parked in the Saks parking lot, which joins the restaurant, and which the restaurant recommends. After dinner when we were preparing to leave, we were surprised and dissapointed to learn that we could not access the parking lot because it was after 9PM, and the store was closed. We had to figure out how to retrieve our car, since we could not return the way we entered. There were others with this same dilemma, and the staff did not have a good response. During dinner, there was a flash rainstorm and water was sidewalk level. Asking my well dressed wife to "walk around the block" in her dinner attire and shoes was not the right response.Special Features:
- Great food, mediocre servicek226VIPDined on 8/11/2014My favorite crab salad did not disappoint, and the lobster bisque was creamy, flavorful, and full of lobster. But we never thought we would get served. The waiter rarely came to check on us, other than periodically to say the food was coming right out - which it didn't. At least the hot dishes were hot when they arrived. The restaurant was surprisingly full for a summer Monday; perhaps they weren't prepared for that many people. They graciously comped a dessert for my guest who was having a birthday. And I was so grateful that the smarmy piano player, who approaches the tables hoping to inspire a tip, was not present.Special Features: