501 on Main
501 Main St.
Park City, UT 84060Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
501 on Main
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.501onmain.com/
- Phone: (435) 645-0700
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Thursday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Vieyra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Weddings, banquets, private parties.
- Private Party Facilities: Our upstairs dining room is available for private dining and parties.
- Private Party Contact: Alyssa Marsh 4356450700x
- Cross Street: 501 Main
- Public Transit: 501 On is located 1 block southwest of the public transit center. Public transit is free in Park City.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: China Bridge is located southeast of the Restaurant and offers free parking daily on the roof and 4 hour parking inside the structure.
A word from 501 on Main
Nestled in the Heart of Park City's Historic District, 501 On Main captures the sights, the liveliness and the robust flavor of the Park City Experience. With seasonal menu selections, fresh, local produce and a collection of classic entrees, 501 On Main redefines American Regional cuisine. The menu ranges from savory seasonal starters and locally produced vegetables, to the light pairing of an entrée soup and salad. 501's kitchen crafts and prepares each entree to a tasteful and distinctive presentation. Enjoy Simple preparations in a casual environment and Stylish Dining from Starters to Entrees in one of the most distinctive Dining Rooms on Main Street. Menu items include vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free preparations from appetizer to entrée to dessert. Complimenting the culinary choices, 501 offers the largest selection of organic, sulfite-free and sustainable wines in the state.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
501 on Main reviews from OpenTable diners
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2014Vegan and vegetarian dishes were overpriced for what they were - mainly veggies and lacking protein. The dishes were also oily.
- Upbeat atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014We were looking for a good dinner in a relaxed atmosphere for a reasonable price and that was just what we got. We weren't too hungry so just had the soup and salad combination and it was just right.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park cityAshleyDined on 3/13/2014Server was very nice,attentive and personable. Food was mediocre at beast,and overall a let down. The chef loves olives as was pretty evident in both our dishes, I love olives but way over abundant. The over use of olives made the food very salty and masked any other seasonings. I would say we over paid for this mediocre meal.
- It was a busy Saturday nightAlanCVIPDined on 3/8/2014It was during March break. The staff accommodated our request for a different table. The food arrived promptly and was very good.Special Features:
- Great food in a small spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2014This was my 2nd time to 501 on Main and again...hats off to the chef. The ingredients and his creativity are commendable. We were seated near the door and it's a very small restaurant, so it was tight and the ambiance could have been better.
- Disappointing on several levels.TravelingFoodieDined on 2/9/2014Our one and only disappointing meal of 6 days, 5 nights in Park City. Great location, fun atmosphere and thats about it. Bland lobster bisque with no lobster or lobster flavor. Beet salad was not bad but not great. A favorite in Utah for me is trout, not here, creamy sauce and the crust was just not good. Service, well, that didn't go well from the beginning. Had to get the hostess to get our server to even order a drink. Park City is wonderful and there are endless fabulous places to eat. We will not go back. Hopefully it was just an off night for them.
- Average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/6/2014They didn't have my reservation and said that happens with opentable yet were still able to sit our party of 6 within a few minutes Between us we ordered the risotto, chicken , salmon. Only the risotto was good. They were out of the 3 different wines we wanted to try. Overall it is not worth it.
- Food was good...service was notPCHoundDined on 2/1/2014We made reservations for six at 7 and were promptly sat. However, didn't see our server for 25 minutes! Finally flagged down another server to order drinks. Our server made it over about 15 minutes later. We asked if they were really busy or if someone was out.... He said "no" it was actually a slow night. I would hate to see how bad the service would've been if it was a busy night.
- Great vegan, vegetarian and GF menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/31/2014I had a fabulous shrimp and scallop dish and everyone in my group loved their food. The food is a higher quality than the ambiance so It is a bit of a disconnect. The atmosphere and decor needs a bit of a boost. A great place for groups. Wait staff very attentiveI would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't overlook this place!Tony2eatDined on 12/29/2013The ambience is perfect for this seemingly small gem. I had the Red Trout and it is every bit as good as its billing...clearly the best I ever had. The Mediterranean chicken was flavorful and succulent. This is one of my top 5 restaurants in PC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park City downtownDiningoutVIPDined on 12/29/2013The food was good. We were there Dec 30 and are wondering if the price was increased for the holidays. Maybe downtown Park City is overpriced in general. If this was modified downward 30% we would return. Otherwise, not worth the $.Special Features:
- Great menu choices and flexibility!ReneeDined on 12/28/2013Delicious choices! We sat upstairs and the decor was beautiful! Our waiter allowed us to order from the lunch menu at dinnertime to please my teenaged son. They were very helpful to accommodate our family with a vegan family member and one with a serious peanut allergy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe next yearRobVVIPDined on 12/27/2013We waited one hour after we were seated to get bread. Service was horrible. Others who came late were served before us. Got our entres before our starters. Gave us our starters to go. Soggy Caesar salad the next day really isn't great. The entres we're very good, but service was so bad we most probably won't go back.
- Great dining for 6woodyupDined on 12/26/2013A friendly and great atmosphere and service. Great wine list and beer selections. We all enjoyed our entrees, from our steak eaters to our vegetarian! A memorable evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Immediate attention is requiredUMNSADined on 12/24/2013Owner and chef should look quickly into their business. This restaurant has potential but it seems that guests and previous good reviews are taken for granted. The entire experience - from service, to the level of cooking, to the interest in the guests were all way below standard and expectations.
- Cute little place in center of townMiamiVisitorDined on 12/22/2013This restaurant is small, but has a great cozy feel. The staff was fabulous. They had a great variety of vegan and vegetarian meals, as well as all others. Recommend for quick lunch or long dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againnonickVIPDined on 12/21/2013The tomato soup was cold and had to be sent back. My husband's entree wasn't served until the rest of us had finished our dinner. OMG!
- A day of celebrationSandraDined on 5/2/2013A wonderful experience with devoted attention. The restaurant was offering a two for one special which was a bonus for the evening. It was in the spring slow down so we had the venue to ourselves. Food was excellent and offered the variety to meet the palates of the whole group. thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013The food was good but the lack of service and the rude attitude ruined the evening.Special Features:
- Delicious vegan and vegetarianOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/29/2013Delicious vegan and vegetarian options but with plenty of carnivore options, too. The apple pie and ice cream are fabulous! Nice view of downtown if you sit upstairs.Special Features:
- Great waiter and music. AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2013Great waiter and music. Ambiance folk funky and casual. Food nicely presented with lots of vegan and GF options. Risotto oily but otherwise everyone enjoyed the restaurant.Special Features:
- I would never recommend thisOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/25/2013I would never recommend this place, it has no ambiance, you can cook better food in your home and the furniture and the decoration is awful. Don´t go there, I would rather recommend Vinto.
- Not worth the high pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2013We were excited to try this relatively new addition to Main Street but, overall, we were generally unimpressed. The small main level dining area seems quaint and friendly, but we were seated upstairs with a very modest old-looking decor. The food was "O.K.," but nothing to rave about. However, and perhaps owing only to the restaurant's location, it seemed overpriced, both for what was served and the mediocre quality. One bright spot was the option to add a salmon, chicken, or shrimp to a nice house salad. The salmon portion was generous, the crumbled cheese, nuts, and cranberries were sparse. As another reviewer observed, and particularly in light of how expensive this restaurant is, there are better restaurant choices on Main Street.
- Ate at 501 Main for the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2013Ate at 501 Main for the first time and enjoyed our dinner very much. When we entered we thought that it might be noisy but we were seated upstairs in a very pleasant dining room with a good server. The lobster bisque was good and also the Caesar salad (and really big). The pot roast was good and the portion quite large. We would definitely go back.
- Going, going, gone! Select anotherOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2013The food was extremely disappointing. The presentation was very nice, but it lacked taste. The Salmon was very fishy and dry. Their main dish was the Risotto. It had really no flavor. The wine was pricey, although the best part of the meal. Our server was below average. He came back to our table only to drop off the dessert menu. I would never go back or recommend this to other people.
- Try it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013Another good restaurant we came upon only because we were looking for a place that would take last minute reservations! Lower level is more like a small bar/pub but upstairs is a charming dining room. Food was good - must try the lobster bisque! Our waiter was friendly and attentive. One of our better dining experiences in PC.Special Features:
- We have been coming to ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2013We have been coming to Park City for over 10 years and my wife is vegan so we were happy to see V focused restaurant come to Main Street and had high hopes after hearing reviews from our friends. The Risotto was very good however the Ratatouille which was prepared vegan surprisingly had the vegetables fried. In my mind if you are making a vegan dish it doesn't make sense to make the vegetables fried. I can't imagine most vegans eat their food fried. Other than that we would definitely go back and try some of the other dishes.
- The room is very cute, butDmf1Dined on 2/18/2013The room is very cute, but between the noise of the music and the tv, talking can be an issue. We had 5 in our party and only one dish was excellent. The others were just ok, nothing special. Mostly because they needed seasoning. It seems that it is a new restaurant and they have a lot of bugs to work out. The order in which the food comes out with drinks was disorganized, we had to wait for everyone in our party to get served at the same time. The waiter seemed to be overwhelmed even though it was later and there were not that many people. I think the place has potential if they can get their act together, but I would not go back.Special Features:
- Waiter "forgot" our appetizers,trs1VIPDined on 2/18/2013Waiter "forgot" our appetizers, so after a long wait the entrees came. When we asked what happened we received a fair amount of attitude and "we can take them off your bill if that's what you want". What I wanted was an apology. When I explained to the manager that I didn't need her attitude, I received little response. Lots of good restaurants in Park City. Avoid 501 on Main.
- New favorite in Park City!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2013Innovative and delicious food - there is even a nice selection for vegans and those who eat gluten free. Our new favorite restaurant in Park City!Special Features:
- What a shameOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/7/2013It's a shame the service was so bad, because the food was outstanding. When we sat down, they warned us that it may be a moment before the waiter came over because two large groups had come in before us. This turned out to mean that he blew us off all night. He even left in the middle of our drink order to bring another table's food out. Literally mid-sentence. Oh well.
- Food was excellent and tastefullyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/6/2013Food was excellent and tastefully presented. Only complaint for an evening meal is the large screen TVs behind the bar which we would have preferred off. Prefer the meal and the company to be the entertainment.
- Good but not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013A cute little restaurant, though the decor isn't as nice as some of the other eateries on Main Street. Food was good but not spectacular and cost was about what you would expect with entrees running $25-$45. I don't know that I would go back again but I wouldn't have any issues if someone else suggested meeting there for a bite.Special Features:
- Great food, but service canOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/31/2013Great food, but service can use improvement. I'll go back for the food!Special Features:
- Loved it! We ate from theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2013Loved it! We ate from the regular dinner menu one night up stairs and loved all the entrees we ordered, And then came back on a hunch and ate in the bar area from the menu that served burgers and sandwichs!Special Features:
- Wonderful lunch with fantasticbchristensonVIPDined on 1/23/2013Wonderful lunch with fantastic service and the butternut squash was amazing and the lemon cayenne dressing was so tasty on the beet salad. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- The restaurant has a smallOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/9/2013The restaurant has a small menu, but with a wide variety of option from salads, vegetarian, and seafood options in addition to meat dishes. All of the items we had were well executed.
- Lunch in Old Town, Park CityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/24/2012Zach and I went here for lunch on our last day in Park City. We both had the butternut squash soup, which was flawlessly delicious. We also split a beet salad which had gorgonzola cheese, roasted pumpkin seeds and dried apricots. We both thoroughly enjoyed the salad. The waiter was very friendly and attentive. We couldn't have picked a better spot for lunch in Old Town, Park City.Special Features:
- A little surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012We were a little mislead. The photo on their website shows a classy and elegant dining room with an additional casual dining room/bar downstairs. We were celebrating a very special event so we wanted to do it up a little. When we arrived we found that the upstairs dining is seasonal and was closed for the winter (it is Nov 9). Ummm, that would have been nice to know on their website. The food and service was good just not the atmosphere we desired for our special event. If we would have known we were eating with rock music blaring, boisterous laughter and converstaion from the kitchen, and a TV loudly displaying sports we would have chosen to go elsewhere. We do not live in Park City; we live an hour away.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner here.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012We enjoyed our dinner here. The food was good and the service was great. They were painting their dining room, so we had to sit in the bar. The atmosphere in the bar needs improvement, but the dining room might be nicer. I also thought the wine/ drinks were even more expensive than most restaurants on Main Street 2 simple cocktails and a bottle of wine ($15 at liquor store) cost $70.