50 Warren at UMass Lowell Inn and Conference Center
50 Warren Street
Lowell, MA 01852Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
50 Warren at UMass Lowell Inn and Conference Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.uml.edu/icc
- Phone: (978) 934-6950
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Thursday through Saturday: 6:30AM - 9:30AM; Brunch: Sundays 8:00AM - 2:00PM; Lunch: Thursday through Saturday: 11:00AM - 2:00PM; Dinner: Thursday through Saturday 4:00PM - 10:00PM. Closed Mondays,Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Available for private parties from Sunday at 3:00PM through Wednesday 10:00PM. Bar open week nights until 10pm and weekends until 12:00AM. Light snacks available!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering menu available for private parties.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available in the restaurant Sunday night, Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Gallant 9789346950x
- Special Events: Sunday Brunch
Fresh Air Fridays
A word from 50 Warren at UMass Lowell Inn and Conference Center
Tucked inside the UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center is 50 Warren restaurant and lounge. Enjoy cocktails and small bites in the fireside lounge, or dine overlooking the Pawtucket Canal and Lower Locks in the restaurant. The menu offers a unique dining experience with small plates, hand crafted entrees and desserts and a wine and cocktail menu that is sure to please the most critical diner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
50 Warren at UMass Lowell Inn and Conference Center reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (4)scenic view (3)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (2)romantic (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Always been our "go-to" spotFoodieDined on 10/30/2014The food here has always been great, (I only wish they would change the menu more frequently). The reason for this critique is not food related though, on our last visit we were told that none of the reservations had come thru which was fine because there was only my wife and I, however I was looking forward to the open table points that we would have received. But that was just the beginning, apparently once the school season had started all the good servers and associates were translpanted elswhere in other dining venues and we were "stuck" with less than stellar service. the service was much less than we are used to receiving at this place. I probably won't be back until after the school year ends !Special Features:
- So-soMRTLuv2EatDined on 10/24/2014Went here before a play. Very convenient location. Food-average, service-bad. When asked about types of dressings for salad-waiter couldn't answer. When asked how steak tips were marinated-couldn't answer. Apps took a long time and finally had to ask about them. Presented with check and never got asked if we wanted anything else. Bread was also an afterthought. Most likely will not return.
- PicturesqueRichardDined on 9/27/2014Our third visit, and as always, we love the outdoor setting and the view of the canal and waterfall. The restaurant was not busy, yet service was slow. The menu continues to offer limited choices, but of 2 appetizers and two entrees, 3 of 4 were very nice--the cappellini was somewhat bland and a bit oily, the sea scallops excellent. Our server was extremely pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Lowell FavoriteFriendsDined on 8/29/2014We had a drink at the bar before dinner. Bar is modern with nice fireplace. We ate outdoors on the patio next the canal. The meal and service was excellent.Special Features:
- RepeatableFoodieDined on 8/29/2014I'm second guessing this rating as I'm afraid that word may spread of this hidden gem.Special Features:
- Well-kept SecretjillVIPDined on 8/9/2014We're not sure why more people don't go to 50 Warren. We've been 3 times in the past few months and it's been a very pleasant experience each time. Sure there are flaws, but overall the servers are attentive, the food is delicious/affordable, and the view is classic Lowell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 71 reviews are from the 50 Warren at UMass Lowell Inn and Conference Center reviews archive.
- GradeADined on 7/11/2014Great dining experience! Great and courteous service!Special Features:
- First time but not the lastLindaCDined on 7/3/2014Four of us were going to The Voice Tour at the auditorium and found 50 Warren online as an interesting an convenient dining option. We had an excellent experience there: food, prices, service and view - plus easy access to the auditorium across the walkway. It was too rainy to eat outside but that would have been great.Special Features:
- What A MealpapowDined on 6/21/2014I can't say enough good things about 50 Warren. The outside dining with the canal and the falls just feet away from where we sat was great. We had attentive service, never waiting for the next course of for a drink refresh. The menu wasn't huge (which I like) but there was something for everyone in or party. Everything was delicious and the presentation was impressive. The other thing that impressed me was the pricing. This restaurant was not expensive. We got appetizers, 3 entrees, and drinks and the tab came out at $95. I've paid lots more for a less impressive dining experience. You can be rest assured, I'll be going back to 50 Warren.Special Features:
- Great underappreciated secret!RobCDined on 5/17/2014Needed seating for 11 people on a Saturday night and they could accommodate us with short notice. The food was very good as was the service. They have a great view of the river and the locks with nice outdoor seating. The restaurant was not crowded and I suspect it's because it's off the main drag in town where most people go and it's inside the hotel/conference center that's part of UMass campus. It's a well kept secret. It was quiet inside and we could hear everybody in our party without speaking really loud. We didn't feel rushed and enjoyed a relaxed evening of good food and socializing. The prices were very reasonable. We will be returning and are thrilled to discover this hidden secret.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little under my expectationsrguliaDined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day brunch, which is widely advertised every year. I had chosen this venue rather than other hotels in the area which offer brunch because it was at good price and it covered extended hours (it ended at 2, while most restaurants in this area stop at noon). I was also hoping to find less crowd and we were pleased to see that the place had free parking and few free tables. Overall the food was very good, with a wide selection and good service. However, the ambience lacked a little bit of luster. The event was held in the grand ballroom, which is this big anonymous room without windows, without view of the canals and the lights are dim. There was no soft music and the decor, such as flowers or centerpiece, was essential.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure what we paid for…db32Dined on 5/11/2014I made a reservation for Mother's Day at 50 Warren, thinking it was a "restaurant" boy was I mistaken! We show up for our reservation, walking past students moving out (turns out this embarrassment of an establishment is actually a dorm!!) enter into a hallway which was like walking into refrigerator and wait for them to call our name. We get called and walk into a ballroom which was extremely drab very boring & equally as cold as the hall. The food was nothing to write home about either…to charge children 12 and under what you charged was a bit absurd, we had my 3 year old nephew with us and he wasn't able to eat much of anything (6 and under should be free, they are so picky nothing you offer is appetizing to them) FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!
- Enjoyed it!roseDined on 5/9/2014We enjoyed our meals and the bruschetta appetizer was great. It seems that no one knows about it because we were the only people there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50 WarrenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2014I did not know what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised. The food was good, the place was nicely appointed, and the service was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014I had read good reviews of the restaurant and was looking forward to Easter brunch. I usually cook for a fairly big family and this was going to be a treat for me. It was disappointing. Since it was in the ballroom, there was no view of the river (or anything). There were 4 of us so we were seated at a small square table. The long tables and the round tables had cloth table cloths, the square ones did not. The food was good, but there was nothing unique or special about the buffet. I was disappointed with the absence of an omelet station. I would like to return and try the dining room and regular menu, but I think that I will cook at home on Easter from now on.
- Hidden Gem in LowellCookiesanDined on 3/29/2014Check out 50 Warren in former hotel which is now UMASS Inn and Conference Center. Pretty, airy dining area, diverse menu, wonderful service and reasonable prices. Next time you are headed for Lowell Auditorium or Merrimack Rep, treat yourself to Lowell's newest dining gem. It's only two blocks from the theaters. We cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shhhhh.... Keep it a secretGradeADined on 3/8/2014We came for dinner tonight. The food was outstanding as was the service. This was our second time here. It was even better than the first time. They just got a new chef who has worked for Legal seafood and Ruth Chris steak house. My husband had the salmon special. It was moist and not over cooked. I had the wild mushroom pasta. The dessert was the chocolate something? It was so good! I would recommend this restaurant anytime. Great place for any occasion.Special Features:
- Valentine's DayLongTimerDined on 2/15/2014On a snowy Saturday, we were one of two couples enjoying outstanding food and service. This was a special occasion with a special menu, but it was done with excellence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine Dinner one day latemartypDined on 2/15/2014Had the V day special $75. This place has the ambience to be a great romantic restaurant. The city view of the canal and lights are very nice for a city restaurant. Food can be outstanding to just good. Martini's at $5 are reasonable and delicious. We had the 50 and the Pumpkin. The service is by UMass students and they are very good and cordial. A drink in the lounge by the gas fireplace tops off the night. Just need a bigger clientele to stimulate a happening place rather then just 3 couples having a saturday night dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day SpecialJackieDined on 2/14/2014Had reservations for Valentine's Day Special. Three main entrees on menu with two salads and desert. All the food items were excellent. Each had one of the salads very unique in presentation and type of salad, both were excellent. The three main options all were appetizing. Enjoyed tuna and chicken. Desert was a surprise and taste treat, nice selection of three tastes. Table decoration with rose was very nice....room was quiet for intimate conversation. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014had a nice time, decided to patron this establishment prior to seeing the comedy show Friday night. we had the chowder wish was very good, home made chips where awesome, I enjoyed the bread that was brought to the table before our meal, but my guests would not try it. They are plain Jane's if you would. Myself and my mother in-law had the burgers which where not cooked to our specification, we asked for the to be medium; they where well done. My other guest had the steak tips, he said they where ok. Service was a bit slow, it appeared there was only one waiter on, and one server. We had to wait for drink refills, and our check. The waiter was very polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great, not terriblePreShowJauntDined on 12/14/2013The food was ok, we all got burgers for around $10 each. Not expensive, fairly decent, but the service was SOOO slow that I wondered if the kitchen was located far, far away. All in all, we went there to take advantage of the validation for parking. We were attending a show at the Memorial Auditorium and didn't want to deal with getting stuck in the snow afterward. It served our needs, but if the weather had not been awful, we probably would have gone somewhere else.
- Good food - bland atmosphereRedsoxfan1964VIPDined on 12/6/2013In the end, this is a Hotel Resturant. Food and service were great but the atmosphere was not good - flat, dull, boring.
- A great night outLowellFoodieDined on 10/26/201350 Warren is a nice place to have a good meal that's not too expensive. The food and portions are good. Drinks are reasonable. The service was attentive and friendly. The ambiance is ok. I would recommend it for lunch certainly and for dinner when you aren't looking for anything too fancy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worked for pre-show early dinnerCrossenDined on 10/9/2013This was our first dining experience here -- and in downtown Lowell. We needed a spot to join friends, have a light dinner, and get on to a 6:30 show nearby, and it worked. A top-drawer Caesar salad, both with and without grilled chicken; the clam chowder was the best in memory. But we didn't really challenge the chef or test the full menu. It's in a UMass inn and conference center, and it is basically an informal hotel dining room . . . or a very up-scale coffee shop with a dining-room menu. Good. We'll use it again when we do another show in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific third experience at 50 WarChayahDined on 9/21/2013This was our third visit to 50 Warren and was as good as the previous two visits. Our server, who was fairly new, was terrific -- friendly, personable, and attentive without being intrusive. She followed up on any questions that we had. The food is well prepared and beautifully presented. I was in the mood for a hamburger, which turned out to be made of sirloin. It was tasty and cooked perfectly (medium-well). One of my friends enjoyed the lobster roll, which contained a generous portion of lobster. We will be back multiple times!Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch CrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2013Went with family for a Sunday Brunch event. Best to call it only a breakfast as menu is limited to breakfast fare. Only one waitress available to staff a busy room. My compliments to her for being calm, helpful and clear with any delay in service. It was obvious there was limited staff and limited availability of quiche of the day that ran out by 9AM. Serve yourself coffee and tea beverage center. Quality of food was good. Fresh fruit as sides and the cinnamon rolls as standard bread on the table were favorites. Not certain I would attempt another brunch on Sunday but curious enough to want to return for another meal experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2013Had the pleasure of visiting 50 Warren during restaurant week. Our meals were delicious and the service was outstanding. We all had the fixed menu special, appetizer, entrée and dessert. We all chose the crab cakes for appetizer. Two tasty crab cakes served over mixed greens. The grilled sirloin was a large, perfectly grilled steak served with roasted vegetables. The cioppino was tasty and full of muscles, shrimp and scallops. Our party was very pleased with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchArmaniTDined on 7/29/2013My friends and I had a get together for brunch outside on the patio. The ambiance and atmosphere was very calm and quiet. It was perfect. Our server Amy was very attentive and was one of the best servers I've had. Her sangria is AMAZING. Ask for Amy's sangria. I will DEFINITELY be coming back. Their steak tips were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/12/2013Once again Opentable came through for us and introduced us to a restaurant which we likely would not have found on our own. 50 Warren is clearly not high-end, and not intended to be, but the food will compete with high-end fare. We were delighted to get a table outside, alongside the canal and lock, but be forewarned that there are few outside tables. Inside is rather plain, but the food would make up for it. And the prices are more than reasonable. While dining we were entertained by a three piece band, one of whom was Bo Winiker, a Boston jazz and big band legend. It was a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FareGradeADined on 6/9/2013We were a large group (8) and we were served graciously and promptly. The food was excellent and plentiful. The prices were reasonable. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a beautiful night toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2013It was a beautiful night to dine on the patio. Very relaxing atmosphere. Food and service was wonderful and bartender made a great martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Here Was a Silly MistakeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2013I should have known better. I am very familiar with Lowell, the neighborhood (which is good), and have, in fact, met the chef. This restaurant however seems to be nothing more than something which exists specifically to have a place to feed people who come to the Inn and Conference Center. Saturday night, 7PM reservation, and we were there with a table of 3 women who appeared to be discussing business and one single guy who may have been staying at the Conference Center. Two waitresses, both of whom seemed to be preoccupied with other things; they both tried to take our order and at the end, the one who ended up serving us gave me the wrong bill (it was less - belonged to the guy who was by himself). The food was mediocre at best.Special Features:
- The food is very good, thekokojasmineDined on 5/25/2013The food is very good, the area is spacious and scenic, the service is just right, attentive without interrupting conversations. My favorite restaurant in Lowell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50 Warren Street - Lowell Ma!AnnieDined on 5/18/2013Friends had suggested we try 50 Warren at UMass Lowell Inn before our play at the MRT, which is very close to the restaurant. I have to say it was a very pleasant surprise! Due to graduations etc... we had the restaurant to ourselves for about 1/2 hour. OUr waitress was wonderful (attentive, but not over bearing). She was able to help us with a great bottle of wine. There were 4 of us and we shared 3 apps; all delicious (especailly the lobster fritters! yum). The food was perfect - just enough to allow desert. We all had steak - tips and ribeye steak - all very well prepared. Coffee and desert was wonderful - am looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceFoodie21Dined on 5/12/2013I took my mother to the Mothers Day brunch and we both ennoy the experience. The food was excellent and tbe service was very friendly. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013We decided to go to 50 Warren before going to a show at Lowell Memorial Auditorium. We had never been there before. We arrived early to allow for plenty of time before the 8 pm show. Good thing! It took about 45 minutes for our food to come out. So instead of having a relaxing meal before the show, we ended up rushing through our meal. Although the food was fine, the extremely long wait time ruined the experience for us. We were not the only ones either, in speaking with other diners, they also had extremely long wait times. I would not go back.
- We had the opportunity toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2013We had the opportunity to experience 50 Warren for Easter Brunch. We loved it so much that we decided to visit again before visiting the Merrimack Repertory theatre. Although there are mixed reviews for dinner, our experience was terrific. We were greeted and led to our table immediately. Our server was friendly and very attentive. While the menu was not large, there was diversity in the food. Our dinners were cooked as requested and were very tasty. We will returnSpecial Features:
- It was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2013It was our first visit to 50 Warren, and we were pleasantly surprised at the excellent quality of our dinners. A special request was honored and done well. We will certainly go there again.Special Features:
- We were in town for an eventOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013We were in town for an event and had dinner at the restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised from the moment we got there (polite host sat us through dinner. Our server was also very good and the food was delicious. If we're ever back in town, I'd come again for sure. Thanks.