50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach
40 S. Ocean Blvd
Delray Beach, FL 33483Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.50ocean.com/
- Phone: 5612783364x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Blake Malatesta
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music at our sister restaurant 6 nights a week. Monday is Reggae night with Ellis Island; Tuesday is our famous Blue"s night featuring new and upcoming talent. Thursdays are classic rock with Breeze. Friday & Saturdays dance the night away to your favorites with our variety of local talent. Saturday afternoon 2 to 5 enjoy the ever popular Amber Leigh Band as she lights up the afternoon with her electric fiddle!Sundays 7pm to 10pm get crazy with S.Florida's premier Grateful Dead Tribute Band-Crazy Fingers. And don't forget about our annual Red, White & Blue's Festival in July!
A word from 50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach
Breathtaking ocean views await you at Delray Beach"s premier oceanfront dining spot. The spectacular renovations this summer at 50 Ocean (former home of Boston's Upperdeck) have raised the bar in upscale, casual dining. Delight in our freshly prepared island inspired creations, using the freshest of ingredients from the land and sea. Enjoy a signature cocktail or choose an offering from our bountiful list of wines. Our personable and knowledgeable staff take great pleasure in making certain your visit is a most memorable experience.Continued
Don't forget to check your lunar calendar and join us for a romantic moon rise!
Don't forget to check your lunar calendar and join us for a romantic moon rise!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (77)special occasion (47)great for outdoor dining (37)fit for foodies (33)great for brunch (31)romantic (30)great for lunch (21)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (20)good for groups (17)notable wine list (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Best Whole Belly Clams in the AreaDonDonDined on 8/27/2014We have vacationed in this area for years and we come back to Boston's every year and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014It was a great dining experience .We recently moved to Delray Beach &have been trying many restaurants.Cindy was our server &she was friendly & very helpful with our meal as well as telling us things she loves in the area.50 Ocean was def. a top notch place ,nice atmosphere & the food was delicious!!!!! I already recommended to a few people .we will def.be going back.Special Features:
- I WILL NEVER DINE HERE AGAINGreg1Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I have eaten at 50 Ocean at least 20 times, never again. When we arrived, on time, for our reservation we were told that we had to sit outside, which we tried, but the music next door was deafening. We asked to be say indoors, and there were tables available, but we were told that they were reserved. I mentioned that we had a reservation, but the hostess told me that it was my fault that I didn't specify "Indoors". I asked to speak to the Manager who said "it's Saturday, we are very busy. You can take the outdoor table, or leave it." We left and will never return.
- Overpriced for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/20143 scallops on a plate for over $30 is too much. There are other fished to do that are better priced. If you sit outside upstairs bear in mind you will have smokers from the upstairs bar and from sandbar downstairs.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningattyladyDined on 8/20/2014We had a lovely table at the window where we could watch the "goings on" on Ocean Ave. and have a great view of the beach and ocean. The food and the service was perfect. My husband said that his grouper dish was the best he has had. The only negative to the evening was the noise level. We were bombarded with the loud voices from the other end of the dining room, it was quite unpleasant.Special Features:
- perfect eveningfine2dineVIPDined on 8/20/2014The waitress was very personable, attentive and helped make the evening. I would saw the food was somewhat eclectic tasty and presented very well. My only objection is the $5,00 valet charge to park. A restaurant of this caliber and pricing should have free valet parking.Special Features:
- Birthday brunchFreddy2VIPDined on 8/17/2014We were 4 for brunch and we shared 5 entrees. Each one was delicious. The Bloody Mary bar is the best in Palm Beach county. The view is great. Treat that special someone to a wonderful brunch.Special Features:
- RaymondVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had a simply great meal. The new menu is fabulous. The chef is making beautifully creative dishes that taste great, have sane portion sizes, look great, and are thoroughly nutritious all at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy foodFrannyladysVIPDined on 8/14/2014The food is pricey. I chose a salad and an appetizer. It filled me I had the napolian, which is a salad so so different. Do not expect a big plate. Very small in fact. The soft shell crab is excellent. Beautiful place to go. Have a drink and relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceLisalisa17Dined on 8/14/2014Lobster roll & lobster ceasers was good. Roll was missing a little flavor. Maybe mayo or butter. Jt was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS GOOD FOODSEAFOODERVIPDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten here a dozen times in the last year. The food has been great as has the view. Very casual and a very active bar crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion - YES!rnlisagDined on 8/8/2014We went to 50 Ocean to celebrate a special occasion and we were not disappointed. The view was fantastic! We had a window table with a fabulous, unobstructed view of the ocean. Our server was very knowledgeable of the entrees, gave us a brief description of most of them, and even suggested some of his favorites. When he was unfamiliar with our inquiry on the wine list, he brought us a sample to guide our decision. The food was nothing short of spectacular! From the sushi tuna appetizer, to the scallops, to the steaks, everyone at our table could not stop raving about the presentation, the accompaniments, and of course, the taste. We will definitely be back, in hopes of repeating this wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightNicholasDined on 8/7/2014This is the second time I have been to this restaurant. Each time has been a real treat. I love coming here. I had the Grouper and it was cooked to perfection. My date had the swordfish which was also cooked very well. Very quiet and romantic atmosphere. When Im in the area its the only place I want to go to.Special Features:
- the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/5/2014my favorite --varied menu-great food-serve--have dined here for years-they never disappoint-and they have a club card for rewardsSpecial Features:
- Totally delightfulthefoxsaysVIPDined on 8/2/2014Spent Saturday nite. Had a wonderful table with view of the ocean. The crispy clam appetizer was delicious and the presentation of each fish dish was outstanding. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50 OceanTommyBDined on 7/31/2014Went to celebrate my B'day. Food was excellent, service by David outstanding and the view was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!Luv2eatDined on 7/27/2014We had a fabulous outdoor table with great views of the ocean! The food and service were both excellent. They went above and beyond to ensure we had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Instant vacationIluv2eatDined on 7/25/2014The beach view is great. The minute you sit down you feel as if you are on vacation. The ambiance is sophisticated beach and the vibe is upscale but laid back. The food is fun and delicious. The service is attentive but not intrusive. Highly recommend. I took my friend to lunch for her birthday. We had a great time sharing tuna tartare in a jar, ceviche and steak salad. All of the dishes were presented in an artful and fun way. The flavors were yummy and distinctive. The size of the dishes were perfect for sharing. The service was excellent. The entire experience was relaxing and fun all topped off by the fabulous ocean views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view; mediocre/inedible foodsls1Dined on 7/20/2014All 4 of the different fish were overcooked. The tuna tartar was not fresh. The lobster bisque, which was good, was the highlight of the meal. For a fabulous location with a direct view of the beach, the food was expensive and of mediocre to poor quality. I would not recumbent this restaurant, except for drinks and the view.Special Features:
- Perfect Brunch Place!BrookeDined on 7/20/2014The food here is amazing for brunch, PLUS, they have a make-your-own Bloody Mary and bottomless Mimosas. The view is amazing! Go for brunch, stay for a drink... or ten!Special Features:
- Awesome Food!FoodieVIPDined on 7/16/2014Everything is wonderful from the Rock Shrimp Pot Pie to the Grouper! I thoroughly enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HolcombHolcombfamilyDined on 7/12/2014Boston's on the Beach has been there for years and I still look forward to making the effort to stop by. Food is great and the presentation makes everyone ooh-ah. Over looking the Atlantic Ocean. A must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply delightfulpalmbeachgirlDined on 7/11/2014Have eaten here several times before, but they seemed to have kicked it up a notch. Everything was delicious, way above expectations. Service was impeccable. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/5/2014My order came out wrong so I had to wait for a new order while everyone else was eating.Special Features:
- New addition to the neighborhoodQuanDined on 7/2/2014I have added 50 Ocean to my recommended list for Atlantic Ave. The chef is quite creative and I like his style.Special Features:
- Ocean view at Delray Beachsces727VIPDined on 7/1/2014This restaurant has a sports bar on the first floor that looks and sounds like a bar at the beach...noisy and extremely casual ( the World Cup of Soccer) was happening, so we were surprised and delighted to find an elegant restaurant on the second floor with a great view and great food. The mussels were especially good. The bartender was busy due to the soccer match but still managed to get the jib done. This us a new favorite in Delray Beach for us.Special Features:
- The service left much to be desiredmerylparrrVIPDined on 6/28/2014Beautiful view of the ocean however the service was poor with exceptionally long wait time for food. Friendly bar staffSpecial Features:
- Not smooth but good recovery but...Bad1Dined on 6/20/2014No open table reservation when we arrived. We had asked for a quiet table since two people wore hearing aids. The manager or host was able to find us a table...very nice guy..but it was right across from a pretty noisy birthday party, so, not so good. The drinks were good as was the food but the bloom was pretty much off the lily. Have eaten here four times before, always good and near my home. Unfortunately the rocky start and noise on this occasion has dampened any enthusiasm for a return.
- Fabulous foodNancDined on 6/20/2014We have been here for dinner many times. Each time the food was delicious. The service and view is wonderful. This is one of my favorite restaurants. Wish they still had the outdoor ocean seating though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bostons on the beachwashingtonDined on 6/19/2014been years in 15 years,a great surprise,service was outstanding,food quite bmemorable,certainly return,a real gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day brunchpottedfrogVIPDined on 6/15/2014Interesting items not ordinary brunch fare. Window seat at 3:30 as requested. Just too noisy with recorded music plus chatter from table next to ours. Excessive noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last time for this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014It is discouraging to dine in a beautiful place with the extreme "lack luster" staff and food:-( a beautiful place filled with mediocrity.
- 50 Ocean - FantasticDelrayGourmetDined on 6/14/2014It used to be Upstairs at Boston's, a casual open air place we like to go to for lunch. This was our first time as 50 Ocean. A fantastic view of the Atlantic at sunset. The service was attentive and knowledgeable. The meals and presentation were fantastic. The pace was perfect and the dessert topped off a splendid evening with visiting friends. We'll be back.Special Features:
- YearlyDelrayvisitorVIPDined on 6/6/2014Never disappointing. Consistently great food, excellent service and beautiful foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special dinnerfoodieDined on 6/6/2014what a beautiful view over looking the ocean. the menu was mostly seafood. the food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful.Special Features:
- ExcelentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Very enjoyable birthday lunch. Service and food excellent.Special Features:
- Special OcassionhazeleyesDined on 5/28/2014This was my 2nd visit to 50 Ocean, as always the food and service was excellent! I made the reservations through their web and explain it was a birthday celebration for a dear friend, without my request, they had arranged a special dessert for his celebration and he loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never AgainJettaladyVIPDined on 5/24/2014The place is pretty. If you are there before sundown, you can see to see the ocean. The air conditioning was really blowing and our party of 4 were freezing and I am always hot. Each couple split a salad. The salads were very small. One ordered the swordfish which was maybe 3 oz. of fish. Another ordered duck which was very undercooked. It was sent back and still couldn't cut through te duck when it was cooked more. Yes they took the entree off the bill. Another had the wahoo which was liked. I had the snapper which I felt was bland. You would think with the prices they get for their entrees they would give you parking for free. Overall, I think this restaurant was way overrated.Special Features:
- Fine DiningMikeDined on 5/24/2014Modern decor with welcoming staff. Excellent view of the ocean and beach across the street making for a very pleasant dining experience. The timing on each course was just right allowing for a casual pace to dinner. The food preparation and flavors was unique and the tuna dish I has was outstanding. The accompanying vegetables allowed me to enjoy some new flavors and taste not previously experienced. The presentation was excellent and added to the experience. Price was slightly high but worth the extra and the 40 minute travel. We will return.Special Features:
- I'll be back!BocaBoomerVIPDined on 5/19/2014First time dining at this ocean front restaurant. Requested and received a table along the window providing a second story view of the tide rolling along the shoreline. Mesmerizing to say the least. Food and service were also notable. Parking can be a problem on busy weekends.Special Features: