50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach
40 S. Ocean Blvd
Delray Beach, FL 33483Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.50ocean.com/
- Phone: (561) 278-3364
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Blake Malatesta
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music at our sister restaurant 6 nights a week. Monday is Reggae night with Ellis Island; Tuesday is our famous Blue"s night featuring new and upcoming talent. Thursdays are classic rock with Breeze. Friday & Saturdays dance the night away to your favorites with our variety of local talent. Saturday afternoon 2 to 5 enjoy the ever popular Amber Leigh Band as she lights up the afternoon with her electric fiddle!Sundays 7pm to 10pm get crazy with S.Florida's premier Grateful Dead Tribute Band-Crazy Fingers. And don't forget about our annual Red, White & Blue's Festival in July!
A word from 50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach
Breathtaking ocean views await you at Delray Beach"s premier oceanfront dining spot. The spectacular renovations this summer at 50 Ocean (former home of Boston's Upperdeck) have raised the bar in upscale, casual dining. Delight in our freshly prepared island inspired creations, using the freshest of ingredients from the land and sea. Enjoy a signature cocktail or choose an offering from our bountiful list of wines. Our personable and knowledgeable staff take great pleasure in making certain your visit is a most memorable experience.Continued
Don't forget to check your lunar calendar and join us for a romantic moon rise!
Don't forget to check your lunar calendar and join us for a romantic moon rise!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (87)special occasion (61)fit for foodies (51)romantic (39)great for outdoor dining (36)good for groups (25)great for lunch (24)neighborhood gem (22)great for brunch (20)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (16)notable wine list (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great findBrelDined on 11/22/2014Great food and ambiance. Waitress was fair at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, always good foodBobKDined on 11/19/2014Super view of the Atlantic Ocean. Great Happy Hour with drinks and appetizers half off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteBack4moreDined on 11/11/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Delray Beach. We have been there once for cocktails at the bar and twice for dinner. We live in NY but go whenever we are spending time in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location and FoodGraniaDined on 11/11/2014This lovely up the back stairs location is a gem. We sat outside with a lovely view of the ocean. The food and service were top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceKathDined on 11/9/2014We've been going to 50 Ocean for years and always enjoy great food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food does not match view and decorFoodie36Dined on 11/9/2014Great view. Nice modern decor with a twist. Interesting menu but the taste, presentation and overall quality of the food does not match the setting and certainly not the price.Special Features:
- Poor managing serviceLalaDined on 11/8/2014Seated promptly in the bar area. Windy by door and very tight . When asked to be moved we were told the empty tables were reserved? Thought we also had reservations... We stayed and noticed the table we asked for never became occupied . The chef walked the room and was apologetic for my friends salmon being so well done overall experience was not wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Great happy hour too!RotoDined on 11/6/2014Food was excellent. Host--andre(?) was taking care of our every need,,,,,,,,,,,it was our anniversary and HE supplied desert.........not necessary but appreciated! Cant wait to return (Even though it's RED SOX territory---not YANKEES)! :-) Bill & Jeanne Demas (N.J./Delray)) .....Full belly clams---great appetizer ---just like Maine!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SpecialGraniaDined on 11/5/2014The food is outstanding. Four of us ordered different entrees and all were excellent. The presentation and the service were also top notch. We enjoy eating here for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice View- Nothing SpecialPLevVIPDined on 11/1/2014We were looking forward to a special evening at 50 Ocean. We had a window seat but once the sun went down we were looking out at pitch-black. The dining room is nice looking but quite dark. The acoustics are horrible-- we heard every word of every conversation at the tables around us. This is probably due to the floor to ceiling windows. Service was not rushed and the wait staff was very good. Food and drinks were good but nothing special. The "side" dishes that accompanied the different fish entrees just decorated the plate. We had 2 appetizers and 3 entrees for three people and had no leftovers.Special Features:
- Nice view with terrific serciefine2dineVIPDined on 10/29/2014The view of the Atlantic Ocean is good and adds to the experience. The waitress was pleasant and very accommodating. The food was prepared perfectly. The mussels are probably some of best we have ever had. My wife and I each shared 1/2 of our meals making the dining experience that much better. My only complaint with this restaurant is the $5,00 charge to park your car. It is almost a necessity to use this service as parking in Delray Beach is very limited. We always spend at least $100.00 so at these prices the parking should be complimentary.Special Features:
- limited menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/28/2014The menu was too limited. Not enough choices. There were no bar tidbits. Too dark. Would not go back. The only great thing was our waitress Cindy. The view is great until sundown.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014every thing was great! The one thing that was negative was the charge for 2 beers on my last visit. 14$ for 2 beers seems quite high.Special Features:
- Dine at 50 OceanGregandLindaVIPDined on 10/24/2014The food and service were excellent. We have eaten at 50 Ocean several times and are never disappointed - always great food.Special Features:
- WonderfulGreatnessDined on 10/24/2014The atmosphere was wonderful and food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIALBBBUDDYDined on 10/23/2014WE HAD A GREAT ANNIVERSARY DINNER. GOOD FOOD AND SERVICE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cindy was excellent!MyShell222Dined on 10/21/2014Cindy did a GREAT job taking care of our group of 11. She was always on top of things. Food & wine was wonderful, company was better :-)Special Features:
- Love the View & the MealDinnertimefunDined on 10/13/2014The food is superior and the service is excellent. The surroundings are great. This is a really great place for a good meal. The menu changes over time but it is always great. The view of the ocean along with the meal makes it perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Fabulous meal, great view & atmosphere. I plan to go back oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014we dined at dinner on 10/4/14 ; very dark must do something about lighting even help had a problem Carl DSpecial Features:
- Good food, good lookin'YummmDined on 9/28/2014Ask for window table and get there before sundown. Great seafood. Wine list expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DocsaltDocsaltDined on 9/28/2014Best view around before sundown and excellent food. Try the lobster bisque followed by grouper or salmon dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, great serviceDavidDined on 9/21/2014As mentioned, great view and our server was great. The food was acceptable nothing to write anything about. Brunch 2 years ago compared to now? Brunch used to be tasty and worth telling people about. Now? Not so much. Not bad food by any measure but just standard fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Beautiful ocean view! And great food. The one disappointment is that the restaurant sits above an open air bar. The noise and activity coming from below can be distracting to what would otherwise be the ideal romantic environment for dinner. The service was outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014For the price, Delray Beach has a lot better options than this. Beautiful ocean view if you are there in the daylight. Very slow service.Special Features:
- KenniferDined on 9/9/2014We always enjoy going to 50 Ocean for either lunch, dinner or happy hour. The food is always fresh and innovative. The drinks are great. And to be able to sit there at ocean view is fantastic. The service is always great. When we go to Delray this is were we end up most of the time.Special Features:
- ALWAYS GOOD FOODSEAFOODERVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have eaten here several times and the food is always good. The view of beach and ocean great. They honor there reservations and be prepared to dine, not dash and dine as it is a popular spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodmikeDined on 9/5/2014three of us ordered the grouper which was excellently prepared and more than adequate in portion size. One of us ordered scallops which looked like an appetizer portion i.e. 3 small to medium scallops and about a tablespoon size portion of what was a watery material supposed to be orzo and peas. Extraordinarily disappointing for the price. Would recommend to others but advise them not to order scallop dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealCinHonMIDined on 9/4/20143 of us dined here and had a table overlooking the ocean. All of our meals were very good. Server knowledgeable. Would recommend and dine there again.Special Features:
- Has it all!GraniaDined on 9/3/2014The food, service, decor and view are wonderful! We were greeted by a very friendly host and seated quickly. We were approached by our server right away and made to feel welcome and special. A great treat on the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLarryMDined on 8/31/2014Have been to 50 Ocean for lunch or dinner many times and each experience has been awesome. The service is great and the food is superb. Dining overlooking the Atlantic Ocean always adds to the ambiance but you need to be there during daylight hours to enjoy it.Special Features:
- Reserve EarlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Upon arrival for the first time, we were told that the 6:30 reservation we made a day ahead could only be honored with an outside table. When we asked how far ahead we should reserve a table for inside seating, we were told a week. So we sat at the bar which is not quite the same ambiance as the nearby tables overlooking the water.Special Features:
- Great view, great foodpjpetitDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant could get by on its view of the ocean alone, but the food and wine were also excellent. The menu is not intimidating and the wine list is limited but sufficient. Our waiter was attentive but not at all intrusive. 50 Oceans has the quality and decor of a fine dining establishment yet maintains the relaxed atmosphere of a beachside bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service, beautiful room andFridayNightGirlDined on 8/29/2014With its million dollar view, 50 Ocean offers high quality, deliciously prepared food. Add to that, perfectly attentive service (by Christie (sp?)) and we enjoyed a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Whole Belly Clams in the AreaDonDonVIPDined on 8/27/2014We have vacationed in this area for years and we come back to Boston's every year and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantYummy6Dined on 8/26/2014It was a great dining experience .We recently moved to Delray Beach &have been trying many restaurants.Cindy was our server &she was friendly & very helpful with our meal as well as telling us things she loves in the area.50 Ocean was def. a top notch place ,nice atmosphere & the food was delicious!!!!! I already recommended to a few people .we will def.be going back.Special Features:
- I WILL NEVER DINE HERE AGAINGreg1Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I have eaten at 50 Ocean at least 20 times, never again. When we arrived, on time, for our reservation we were told that we had to sit outside, which we tried, but the music next door was deafening. We asked to be say indoors, and there were tables available, but we were told that they were reserved. I mentioned that we had a reservation, but the hostess told me that it was my fault that I didn't specify "Indoors". I asked to speak to the Manager who said "it's Saturday, we are very busy. You can take the outdoor table, or leave it." We left and will never return.
- Overpriced for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/20143 scallops on a plate for over $30 is too much. There are other fished to do that are better priced. If you sit outside upstairs bear in mind you will have smokers from the upstairs bar and from sandbar downstairs.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningattyladyDined on 8/20/2014We had a lovely table at the window where we could watch the "goings on" on Ocean Ave. and have a great view of the beach and ocean. The food and the service was perfect. My husband said that his grouper dish was the best he has had. The only negative to the evening was the noise level. We were bombarded with the loud voices from the other end of the dining room, it was quite unpleasant.Special Features:
- perfect eveningfine2dineVIPDined on 8/20/2014The waitress was very personable, attentive and helped make the evening. I would saw the food was somewhat eclectic tasty and presented very well. My only objection is the $5,00 valet charge to park. A restaurant of this caliber and pricing should have free valet parking.Special Features: