50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach
40 S. Ocean Blvd
Delray Beach, FL 33483Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.50ocean.com/
- Phone: 5612783364x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Blake Malatesta
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music at our sister restaurant 6 nights a week. Monday is Reggae night with Ellis Island; Tuesday is our famous Blue"s night featuring new and upcoming talent. Thursdays are classic rock with Breeze. Friday & Saturdays dance the night away to your favorites with our variety of local talent. Saturday afternoon 2 to 5 enjoy the ever popular Amber Leigh Band as she lights up the afternoon with her electric fiddle!Sundays 7pm to 10pm get crazy with S.Florida's premier Grateful Dead Tribute Band-Crazy Fingers. And don't forget about our annual Red, White & Blue's Festival in July!
A word from 50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach
Breathtaking ocean views await you at Delray Beach"s premier oceanfront dining spot. The spectacular renovations this summer at 50 Ocean (former home of Boston's Upperdeck) have raised the bar in upscale, casual dining. Delight in our freshly prepared island inspired creations, using the freshest of ingredients from the land and sea. Enjoy a signature cocktail or choose an offering from our bountiful list of wines. Our personable and knowledgeable staff take great pleasure in making certain your visit is a most memorable experience.Continued
Don't forget to check your lunar calendar and join us for a romantic moon rise!
Don't forget to check your lunar calendar and join us for a romantic moon rise!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (82)special occasion (45)fit for foodies (40)great for outdoor dining (38)romantic (37)great for brunch (24)great for lunch (20)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (19)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (15)notable wine list (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Cindy was excellent!MyShell222Dined on 10/21/2014Cindy did a GREAT job taking care of our group of 11. She was always on top of things. Food & wine was wonderful, company was better :-)Special Features:
- Love the View & the MealDinnertimefunDined on 10/13/2014The food is superior and the service is excellent. The surroundings are great. This is a really great place for a good meal. The menu changes over time but it is always great. The view of the ocean along with the meal makes it perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Fabulous meal, great view & atmosphere. I plan to go back oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014we dined at dinner on 10/4/14 ; very dark must do something about lighting even help had a problem Carl DSpecial Features:
- Good food, good lookin'YummmDined on 9/28/2014Ask for window table and get there before sundown. Great seafood. Wine list expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DocsaltDocsaltDined on 9/28/2014Best view around before sundown and excellent food. Try the lobster bisque followed by grouper or salmon dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, great serviceDavidDined on 9/21/2014As mentioned, great view and our server was great. The food was acceptable nothing to write anything about. Brunch 2 years ago compared to now? Brunch used to be tasty and worth telling people about. Now? Not so much. Not bad food by any measure but just standard fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Beautiful ocean view! And great food. The one disappointment is that the restaurant sits above an open air bar. The noise and activity coming from below can be distracting to what would otherwise be the ideal romantic environment for dinner. The service was outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014For the price, Delray Beach has a lot better options than this. Beautiful ocean view if you are there in the daylight. Very slow service.Special Features:
- KenniferDined on 9/9/2014We always enjoy going to 50 Ocean for either lunch, dinner or happy hour. The food is always fresh and innovative. The drinks are great. And to be able to sit there at ocean view is fantastic. The service is always great. When we go to Delray this is were we end up most of the time.Special Features:
- ALWAYS GOOD FOODSEAFOODERVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have eaten here several times and the food is always good. The view of beach and ocean great. They honor there reservations and be prepared to dine, not dash and dine as it is a popular spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodmikeDined on 9/5/2014three of us ordered the grouper which was excellently prepared and more than adequate in portion size. One of us ordered scallops which looked like an appetizer portion i.e. 3 small to medium scallops and about a tablespoon size portion of what was a watery material supposed to be orzo and peas. Extraordinarily disappointing for the price. Would recommend to others but advise them not to order scallop dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealCinHonMIDined on 9/4/20143 of us dined here and had a table overlooking the ocean. All of our meals were very good. Server knowledgeable. Would recommend and dine there again.Special Features:
- Has it all!GraniaDined on 9/3/2014The food, service, decor and view are wonderful! We were greeted by a very friendly host and seated quickly. We were approached by our server right away and made to feel welcome and special. A great treat on the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLarryMDined on 8/31/2014Have been to 50 Ocean for lunch or dinner many times and each experience has been awesome. The service is great and the food is superb. Dining overlooking the Atlantic Ocean always adds to the ambiance but you need to be there during daylight hours to enjoy it.Special Features:
- Reserve EarlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Upon arrival for the first time, we were told that the 6:30 reservation we made a day ahead could only be honored with an outside table. When we asked how far ahead we should reserve a table for inside seating, we were told a week. So we sat at the bar which is not quite the same ambiance as the nearby tables overlooking the water.Special Features:
- Great view, great foodpjpetitDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant could get by on its view of the ocean alone, but the food and wine were also excellent. The menu is not intimidating and the wine list is limited but sufficient. Our waiter was attentive but not at all intrusive. 50 Oceans has the quality and decor of a fine dining establishment yet maintains the relaxed atmosphere of a beachside bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service, beautiful room andFridayNightGirlDined on 8/29/2014With its million dollar view, 50 Ocean offers high quality, deliciously prepared food. Add to that, perfectly attentive service (by Christie (sp?)) and we enjoyed a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Whole Belly Clams in the AreaDonDonVIPDined on 8/27/2014We have vacationed in this area for years and we come back to Boston's every year and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantYummy6Dined on 8/26/2014It was a great dining experience .We recently moved to Delray Beach &have been trying many restaurants.Cindy was our server &she was friendly & very helpful with our meal as well as telling us things she loves in the area.50 Ocean was def. a top notch place ,nice atmosphere & the food was delicious!!!!! I already recommended to a few people .we will def.be going back.Special Features:
- I WILL NEVER DINE HERE AGAINGreg1Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I have eaten at 50 Ocean at least 20 times, never again. When we arrived, on time, for our reservation we were told that we had to sit outside, which we tried, but the music next door was deafening. We asked to be say indoors, and there were tables available, but we were told that they were reserved. I mentioned that we had a reservation, but the hostess told me that it was my fault that I didn't specify "Indoors". I asked to speak to the Manager who said "it's Saturday, we are very busy. You can take the outdoor table, or leave it." We left and will never return.
- Overpriced for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/20143 scallops on a plate for over $30 is too much. There are other fished to do that are better priced. If you sit outside upstairs bear in mind you will have smokers from the upstairs bar and from sandbar downstairs.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningattyladyDined on 8/20/2014We had a lovely table at the window where we could watch the "goings on" on Ocean Ave. and have a great view of the beach and ocean. The food and the service was perfect. My husband said that his grouper dish was the best he has had. The only negative to the evening was the noise level. We were bombarded with the loud voices from the other end of the dining room, it was quite unpleasant.Special Features:
- perfect eveningfine2dineVIPDined on 8/20/2014The waitress was very personable, attentive and helped make the evening. I would saw the food was somewhat eclectic tasty and presented very well. My only objection is the $5,00 valet charge to park. A restaurant of this caliber and pricing should have free valet parking.Special Features:
- Birthday brunchFreddy2VIPDined on 8/17/2014We were 4 for brunch and we shared 5 entrees. Each one was delicious. The Bloody Mary bar is the best in Palm Beach county. The view is great. Treat that special someone to a wonderful brunch.Special Features:
- RaymondVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had a simply great meal. The new menu is fabulous. The chef is making beautifully creative dishes that taste great, have sane portion sizes, look great, and are thoroughly nutritious all at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy foodFrannyladysVIPDined on 8/14/2014The food is pricey. I chose a salad and an appetizer. It filled me I had the napolian, which is a salad so so different. Do not expect a big plate. Very small in fact. The soft shell crab is excellent. Beautiful place to go. Have a drink and relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceLisalisa17Dined on 8/14/2014Lobster roll & lobster ceasers was good. Roll was missing a little flavor. Maybe mayo or butter. Jt was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS GOOD FOODSEAFOODERVIPDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten here a dozen times in the last year. The food has been great as has the view. Very casual and a very active bar crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion - YES!rnlisagDined on 8/8/2014We went to 50 Ocean to celebrate a special occasion and we were not disappointed. The view was fantastic! We had a window table with a fabulous, unobstructed view of the ocean. Our server was very knowledgeable of the entrees, gave us a brief description of most of them, and even suggested some of his favorites. When he was unfamiliar with our inquiry on the wine list, he brought us a sample to guide our decision. The food was nothing short of spectacular! From the sushi tuna appetizer, to the scallops, to the steaks, everyone at our table could not stop raving about the presentation, the accompaniments, and of course, the taste. We will definitely be back, in hopes of repeating this wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightNicholasDined on 8/7/2014This is the second time I have been to this restaurant. Each time has been a real treat. I love coming here. I had the Grouper and it was cooked to perfection. My date had the swordfish which was also cooked very well. Very quiet and romantic atmosphere. When Im in the area its the only place I want to go to.Special Features:
- the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/5/2014my favorite --varied menu-great food-serve--have dined here for years-they never disappoint-and they have a club card for rewardsSpecial Features:
- Totally delightfulthefoxsaysVIPDined on 8/2/2014Spent Saturday nite. Had a wonderful table with view of the ocean. The crispy clam appetizer was delicious and the presentation of each fish dish was outstanding. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50 OceanTommyBDined on 7/31/2014Went to celebrate my B'day. Food was excellent, service by David outstanding and the view was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!Luv2eatDined on 7/27/2014We had a fabulous outdoor table with great views of the ocean! The food and service were both excellent. They went above and beyond to ensure we had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Instant vacationIluv2eatDined on 7/25/2014The beach view is great. The minute you sit down you feel as if you are on vacation. The ambiance is sophisticated beach and the vibe is upscale but laid back. The food is fun and delicious. The service is attentive but not intrusive. Highly recommend. I took my friend to lunch for her birthday. We had a great time sharing tuna tartare in a jar, ceviche and steak salad. All of the dishes were presented in an artful and fun way. The flavors were yummy and distinctive. The size of the dishes were perfect for sharing. The service was excellent. The entire experience was relaxing and fun all topped off by the fabulous ocean views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view; mediocre/inedible foodsls1Dined on 7/20/2014All 4 of the different fish were overcooked. The tuna tartar was not fresh. The lobster bisque, which was good, was the highlight of the meal. For a fabulous location with a direct view of the beach, the food was expensive and of mediocre to poor quality. I would not recumbent this restaurant, except for drinks and the view.Special Features:
- Perfect Brunch Place!BrookeDined on 7/20/2014The food here is amazing for brunch, PLUS, they have a make-your-own Bloody Mary and bottomless Mimosas. The view is amazing! Go for brunch, stay for a drink... or ten!Special Features:
- Awesome Food!FoodieVIPDined on 7/16/2014Everything is wonderful from the Rock Shrimp Pot Pie to the Grouper! I thoroughly enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HolcombHolcombfamilyDined on 7/12/2014Boston's on the Beach has been there for years and I still look forward to making the effort to stop by. Food is great and the presentation makes everyone ooh-ah. Over looking the Atlantic Ocean. A must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.