5001 25th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98105Neighborhood:
U Village / U District
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://50northrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2063973939x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Vegetarian / Vegan, Northwest
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We know your event is more than creating a meal, it’s about creating memories.
That’s why we take great care to craft inspired seasonal menus, creating delicious memorable events every time. We work with you to meet your wishes & the needs of your guests. Our creative culinary team has a broad range of experience, from cooking delicious gluten free meals to traditional Northwest fare.
Whether you have an event in mind or would just like to see what’s available, call the restaurant at 206-397-3939 or email email@example.com to connect with us.
- Private Party Facilities: The Landing, a 3,200 ft2 luxury event space directly above the restaurant is perfect for parties, corporate events, retreats, receptions, and more! For smaller gatherings, we have a wonderful semi-private space in the restaurant that works fabulously for meetings, parties, or large family dinners.
- Private Party Contact: The Manager 8883021387
- Entertainment: Join us on Wednesdays for Guest Bartender Nights, where local charities have the opportunity to earn tips for their cause from 6-9 pm.
- Special Events: It’s ‘Great Good Food’ all the time at 50 North, but for Valentine’s Day they take it to a new level. Special entrées featuring fresh local fare include chateaubriand, rack of lamb with pomegranate glaze, scallops with ricotta gnocchi, bourbon pecan chicken, and caramelized pear and gorgonzola ravioli. Favorites from the regular menu will also be available. Pair your meal with the perfect martini, a specialty cocktail, or a fantastic bottle from their wine cellar. A complimentary glass of the latest fun wine trend, chocolate wine, will be served with dessert. Live music by Released from the Quiet will enhance your experience between 7-9:30 p.m.
50 North is located at 5001 25th Ave. NE, Suite 100, at Northcut Landing across from University Village, and offers easy, free garage parking. The special Valentine's Day menu will be offered on February 14 and 15. Dinner hours begin at 5 p.m. Reservations are recommended.
A word from 50 North
We invite you to come on down for a great meal, the perfect martini, or a fantastic bottle of wine from our cellar. Our food is local, fresh and organic to the extent possbile - upscale American cuisine. Experience our full service espresso bar or enjoy lunch outside on the patio. Meet your family, friends or business colleagues (we offer free wireless service) at our new University area gathering place! We accommodate all dietary needs, including gluten-free. We bake our own burger buns and gf bread.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
50 North reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (11)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (8)good for groups (7)special occasion (6)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Complete and total miss....cashmom1Dined on 6/15/2014Father's Day breakfast meal with 2 out of town guests. We were the first people in the restaurant that morning and had to wait 15 mins to order our food. Throughout the meal empty coffee cups sat on the table. Everyone's food came out cold. My Sister-in-law ordered Chilaquiles; it was basically a pile of tortilla chips with a few (cold) black beans dropped on top, a spoonful of salsa, and topped with a poached egg. This was sent back after one bite. Cream cheese stuffed French toast was a thick layer of cold cream cheese between 2 pieces of burnt (but cold) bread, the inside of the bread was not battered it was just plain bread with cream cheese spread on it. Bacon with pecans and brown sugar was totally limp and had zero flavor.
- GREAT LOCAL RESTAURANT!seattlemomDined on 6/14/2014Great menu and great staff! If you become a regular here, you are treated SO WELL! The food is always great and reasonably priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice people.turner56Dined on 6/7/2014Very nice hostess staff, we were late for our reservation due to heavy traffic, they immediatly still sat us. Food was good, service was great. This is my 3rd time eating there.Special Features:
- Good food and friendly staffcsgrhgDined on 6/7/2014Highly recommend the flatbread appetizer and the eggplant fries. Delicious.
- Sustainable ingredients; delicious!LeighboiseDined on 6/5/2014I ate here once with my mom last August, and just this month with my son and his girlfriend. Everyone loved the food and the service.Special Features:
- Always GoodheidijDined on 5/31/201450 North is one of our go-to places for a relaxed brunch/lunch with friends. The menu has a nice variety and the cocktails are excellent. The only reason I didn't rate them as outstanding is that my fish tacos were a little bland and the food seemed to take a while to come out. Our waiter was wonderful and very attentive and the complementary slice of black bottom banana cream pie for my friend's birthday was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or MissSeaLassDined on 5/18/2014This place is in my neighborhood and has a good location, parking, and ambiance. And consistently good waitstaff. The food, however, is very hit and miss. Some of the dishes are amazing and keep bringing me back. The filbert-coated goat cheese appetizer is done perfectly. The faro salad with mint dressing in its various seasonal versions is one of the best salads in town. But the main entrees are often clear misses. Last night's fish and chips was a crime -- the fish was fresh (good), but the preparation was undercooked (center was raw and cold), the favor was non-existent, and the coating (a tempura batter) never made it to the fish. And it was served with cold, soggy fries. Yuck. Son's lamb burger, however, was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jillDined on 5/2/2014The food was disappointing, and the ambiance marginal. Not worth a return visit.
- out0townerDined on 5/1/2014Fabulous food, wonderful presentations, uncommonly great service--all around great experience!Special Features:
- Terrific!AllisonSDined on 4/29/2014I was so impressed by everything about this restaurant. The service was wonderful, the atmosphere was refreshing, and it was great to have the option of being outside on a sunny day. The food was amazing...they have new entree's every week so there is always something new to try. Everything was just perfect and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Nice find!luvtoeatDined on 4/23/2014This is a nice restaurant if you want to get a bit away from the University Village scene. We had a good dinner at a reasonable price. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The following 110 reviews are from the 50 North reviews archive.
- Disappointed experienceFoodthought7Dined on 4/20/2014We have been wanting to try this place for some time now. Finally went and truly disappointed. Fries are dried and over cooked (didn't know you can make bad fries). Food had no flavor, service was slow for how busy the restaurant was. Not worth spending the kind of money for the food you get. We will never go back.
- Easter BrunchrockawaygalDined on 4/20/2014We had an outstanding Easter brunch at 50 North - served buffet style. The food was excellent and there were many choices. They seemed a bit frazzled when we arrived at 1p, having had to wash dishes and glasses and cups in order to serve the next wave of people, but they recovered quickly and all went well after that.Special Features:
- Worth ReturninglucyskyDined on 4/20/2014The atmosphere in this restaurant is relaxed but service is attentive. J went for brunch and there was a good selection of the usual brunch fare. I thought everything at the steam tables was at the appropriate temperature, but my dining companion found the small potatoes almost, but not quite, cold. Everything was tasty and, as usual, I ate too much! I would go back again. An added bonus is the free, garage parking immediately adjacent to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Disappointing for Easter brunchCC48Dined on 4/20/2014We ended up at 50 North because last minute logistics prevented our crossing to Vashon to enjoy Easter brunch at (what I understand is) their sister restaurant, The Hardware Store. Service was good; unfortunately, the ambiance was more appropriate for a lunch crowd or after work drinks, and although the food was acceptably good, there was not a single item to write home about. $28 per person is not by any means extravagant for a buffet brunch, but in terms of value, unless you're someone for whom "all you can eat" is the prime concern and points for creativity or standout flavor are secondary, this will not satisfy. In a city where well-priced inspiring food is a stone's throw from practically anywhere, hugely disappointing.
- Easter brunchAnAdventureInFoodDined on 4/20/2014We went here for Easter brunch 2013 and were very impressed. This year however did not. Everything was bit on the greaser side. The sausage and bacon were delicious. The home fries were cold. The eggs were tender and fluffy. I loved the topping bar. The doughnut holes were so greasy I couldn't eat them. The pasta salad was simple but good. The ceasar salad was good but soggy. Overall, we decided to look for another brunch place next year.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunchsbc123Dined on 4/20/2014We got there a bit early and the front staff were super accommodating and all the staff were very friendly and attentive. The smells were wonderful and enticing (yes, I ate more than I should have)! The choices were wide, from basic pancakes with fun fresh fruit & whipped toppings to wonderfully prepared salmon. A nice choice and close to U Village and the UW campus. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off day?LuvNomNomVIPDined on 4/19/2014My husband and I have been here a handful of times and the food was delicious. My husband ordered the eggs benedict and I ordered the Fifty scramble. He enjoyed his as well as I liked mine. However the 1st cappuccino my husband ordered might as well had been a drip coffee the second one the same but with a little more foam. My biscuit seemed like it was a day old; hard and dry. But the service was very good. Noah was attentive and gave us service with a smile after we complained about the cappuccino.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Everything about this restaurant is wonderful. Delicious food made from fresh ingredients, excellent service, great atmosphere. I will definitely come here again!Special Features:
- A Treasure in U VillageAllisonSDined on 4/18/2014I was so impressed by the attention to detail in every aspect - the food was delicious and presented elegantly, the restaurant was chic and incredibly clean, and the servers were friendly and well-trained. There was free parking and it was just across from the University Village. This is our new home away from home - the whole family was happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-free treatsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2014Much to like, specially the gluten-free offerings. Found some gluten-free donuts there, best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMY!seattlemomDined on 3/30/2014LOVE THIS RESTAURANT!! Great food and great wait staff! Super good brunches on Sunday mornings, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch visitBruncherDined on 3/30/2014This is a wonderful place to get some brunch. Great bloody mary (and virgin mary, too. Blood orange Mimosa, good selection of tasty egg dishes and the usual other ones, too. Quiet enough to talk to each other!Special Features:
- 50 North is consistently good!ColbyVVIPDined on 3/23/2014Our family has wheat allergies, so we have to be picky about where we go. The great thing about 50 North is that they're consistently good and willing to work with you. We go regularly for the great burgers and fish-n-chips. The chowder is awesome and the wine menu a number of go-to favorites. You can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!BearheaderDined on 3/23/2014We have never had trouble getting in and we always wonder why. The food and service have been fantastic every time we have been. Don't quite understand why they aren't always packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok but not memorableEmmanuelVIPDined on 3/22/2014Food was average. I just had a clam chowder, which was average. The wine list was short, but my wine was good. Service was dreadfully slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Ingrediants were tasty, but nothing was really a stand out.Special Features:
- Great local, gluten-free food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2014Great atmosphere, friendly and attentive servers. They have many tasty, gluten-free options available. A great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food made me want to goShannaDined on 2/23/2014The food made me want to go back, the service could be improvedSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed!SparkyDined on 2/20/2014Thursday nights should be crowded in restaurants but 50 North was pretty empty. Don't know why. Maybe too much competition or the location. Hope it makes it because the food is decent and it's comfortable. Some restaurants are so hard to talk in but not this one. Fish tacos were a bit messy, maybe a bigger tortilla. Good variety of food and beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always enjoy the quality63mikeDined on 2/18/2014I always enjoy the quality of ingredients and the variety of food offered. It seems that all the greens and vegetables are extra fresh and vibrant! The chicken added to the arugula/beet salad was perfectly grilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and quiet, not very busyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2014Nice and quiet, not very busy at 10 a.m. on a Sunday. Got busier as we stayed. Food was good, potatoes were a bit undercooked. Service was very friendly and helpful. Everyone at the table enjoyed their meal. Nice pleasant place to meet for brunch, close to university so handy for students to meet their parents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines dinner was good,JayblueDined on 2/14/2014Valentines dinner was good, but not worth $50 per person.Special Features:
- Perfect Night!happydinerDined on 2/14/2014We went to 50N for Valentines Day, they had a fixed menus which was different but fun. There was great live music and the food was AMAZING. My husband had the steak, it was so tender and great flavor. I had the Cod and it too was flavorful and perfectly cooked. The service was excellent and very friendly. Perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/12/2014I had a business dinner, the service was excellent and as requested we were seated where we could talk. Liked the grub and the draft selection. Definitely a restaurant I would consider in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50 north burgerAbbyDined on 2/8/2014Their specialty 50 north burger is one of the best burgers I've ever had. The apple pie a la mode was also delicious, it tasted home made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh1mermaidDined on 1/30/2014This is a very mediocre restaurant. Portions were small it is not a good value. I thought the food was very bland and I would not go there again.Special Features:
- Mixed FeelingsSeattliteDined on 1/3/2014The food was very good, but call me a sensitive first-timer celebrating a 50-something birthday, but the waiter mentioned that the restaurant for some reason attracted an older clientele, and they played 70s pop Muzak all evening. I don't mind my age or a visit thru the way-back machine once in a while, but I look forward and like fresh music and experiences. Will go again as the food was refreshing and healthy, or to simply see if the soundtrack has changed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slow. ReceivingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2013Service was slow. Receiving food was even slower -- we were there way longer than desired.Special Features:
- Poor experience all around.FirstishfridaysDined on 12/13/2013Poor experience all around. Service was not good - after being ignored for 30 minutes, we had to flag down a busser to order more drinks. Food was bland, except the spicy chicken sandwich which was overseasoned. Live singing performer was talented, but volume was way too loud.