5 Palms Restaurant
2960 So. Kihei Rd.
Kihei, HI 96753Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
5 Palms Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.5palmsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8088792607x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch: Daily: 8:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hours: Nightly: 3:00pm-7:00pm & 9:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: George Gomes
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do not provide offsite catering at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Special Events: The perfect location for wedding parties, business meetings and group functions. Please see our Private Dining section or contact Kathryn Freeman at 808-879-2607 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Cross Street: Kilohana
- Public Transit: Maui Bus stop just outside the Mana Kai Resort, on Kihei Rd, Cross St Kilohana.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking in non-reserved stalls at the Mana Kai only, or in public beach parking area. Seasonal complimentary valet parking available.
A word from 5 Palms Restaurant
5 Palms is an open-air, oceanfront restaurant, nestled inside the Mana Kai Resort on Keawakapu Beach. We offer breakfast and lunch daily from 8:00am to 2:30pm, focusing on unique twists to classic breakfast & lunch favorites. Dinner is served nightly from 5:00pm to 9:00pm and focuses on the bounty of fresh fish and locally grown vegetables that are available year round on Maui. We also offer one of the best Happy Hours on the South Side of the Island from 3:00pm to 7:00pm and again from 9:00pm to 11:00pm daily. Happy Hour features great drink specials, and half-priced pupus and sushi. We invite you to come and relax, while the gentle tradewind breezes stir your soul and the breathtaking sunsets steal your cares away.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
5 Palms Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Kihei ›
5 Palms Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (61)great for outdoor dining (49)romantic (36)special occasion (33)fit for foodies (22)great for lunch (16)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (16)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (6)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Five PalmsDtwhDined on 10/15/2014Had a fantastic anniversary dinner with family and friends at the Five Palms where the food was excellent and our server Brooklin went out of her way to make sure the evening was special for us all. Highly recommend dining here.Special Features:
- Food Excellent; Service LackingLuv2eatDined on 10/15/2014Person who seated us not very service oriented. Each time needed her very hard to connect with. We were seated outside in a dark corner with minimal light. That table should not even have been there--very poor placement. Had to ask to be seated elsewhere. Outside noise level much noisier than inside. Menu selection and meal itself excellent. Beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Was very disappointed with the service provided thru OPEN TABLE. Although I made reservations weeks in advanced with special note that the evening was celebrating a very special event with request to sit in the dinning room, noon of this information was conveyed to the restaurant.If you want to dine at 5 Palms, don't use OPEN TABLE to book the reservation! Call the restaurant and talk to someone there.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationloveKulaLodgeDined on 10/15/2014Restaurant has always been one of my favorites. The food and the service are outstanding - but the scenic view is awesome. It is not noisy and the entire staff is very helpful and friendly. Our grandson had never been to this restaurant so wanted to treat him for his birthday celebration and he was completely won over to what a perfect place this restaurant is and I know he will be returning with his friends now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerEattoliveDined on 10/14/2014We cancelled a dinner cruise and opted to make a reservation at 5 Palms for our 30th wedding anniversary. We are so glad we did. We were treated like royalty. We had a front row seat for the beautiful sunset. They brought us free champagne to toast each other. They were very knowledgeable about the fish and patient with our questions about the menu. The food was delicious and the presentation of it very fun. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistenyGr8tdineVIPDined on 10/10/2014Beautiful location but inconsistent food from visit earlier in week. Also requested more water twice and never received. Seemed like once we paid our bill the service stoppedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun2dineoutVIPDined on 10/8/2014Daryl was an impeccable waiter, pleasant, smiling, informative, courteous in all aspects. Prime rib excellent and properly prepared as was the Shrimp and Scallop dish. Friend described the latter as succulent. I had the trio special. An excellent choice. Dessert of pineapple crème brulee was also tasty. We were brought two excellent spreads of edamani humus and lilikoi butter for our starting bread basket. Beginning to end was a fabulous dine out, including a fabulous ocean view. We will recommend this to many others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service and view!Gr8tdineVIPDined on 10/6/2014Beautiful location with great menu. Try the creme brûlée oatmeal! Would recommend this restaurants for anty maui gathering or reason to dine- any time of day or night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceLove5PalmsDined on 9/25/2014Food was incredible. Very unique flavors. Service was wonderful and ambiance was second to none. An awesome ending to our maui experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014It took 40 minutes from the time we were sat until we placed our food order. Extremely slow server, yet friendly. Would not return as there are much better and less expensive dining options in Wailea and Kihei.Special Features:
- Keawakapu and YouMauiRoseDined on 9/21/2014One of the best views in Kihei! Watch the ocean, watch the whales, and enjoy your meal. I had Curry Chicken Salad and it was divine. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great food, even better service!AHS60Dined on 9/20/2014We met up with friends in Maui and decided to have a special dinner at Five Palms to celebrate. Everyone at the restaurant - from our cocktail server in the bar where we had pre-dinner drinks, to the hostess who made sure we got the special table requested, made the evening special, but I have to give an extra special call out to our waitress - Brooklin - who went above and beyond to make dinner a fabulous night. Her friendly attitude and willingness to accommodate any special requests, really is what made the night stand out. She said she had only been working there a short time, but she was a complete professional - knowledgeable about the menu and wine offerings, outgoing - SHE IS A SUPER STAR!Special Features:
- Highly DisappointedBruddaKellyDined on 9/11/2014After eating at Mamas Fish House in Paia early in the week, we tried the Five Palms later in the week. While the setting and ambiance was ideal, the food was very disappointing. All of our main course dishes were fish and all were severely over cooked. Memo to the Mgr and Head Chef, if you're going to charge more than Mama's Fish House ( the best Fish served on this Island ), you really should learn how to cook your fish. The sushi appetizer was very good.Special Features:
- Amazing view for sunsetCaliforniablondeDined on 9/10/2014My mom and I eat here every time we visit Maui. Fresh fish. Great wine list. The service is always amazing too. This time it took awhile for the food to come out of the kitchen, but it was a pretty busy night. Overall, we are always extremely happy customers. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs upChristinaGermanyDined on 9/9/2014Everything was just Great! We got the best table for our wedding reception and the staff was very kind and friendly! The fiew was just amazing and very romantic. The food was very delicious and the prices are an avarage. It didnt took too long for the food to be served, just right. They even got us a free champagne for everyone, it was not cool though... The only negative point is that they forgot to bring bread and a wine we ordered but everything else was just beautiful! Thanks for this special great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding- both food and serviceYPGuyDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here and they treated us great. The food was really great, only slight misstep was the mahi mahi being a hair overdone. The restof the meal and service more than made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon DinnerCherylBDined on 9/7/2014We stumbled along this restaurant during our time in Maui. We thought the views were spectacular so we made a reservation. We asked for a great spot to view the sunset and arrived early to ensure we got the best spot. After being greeted and congratulated, we met the server who was extremely friendly. As the restaurant began to fill, we realized we were in a horrible spot to view the sunset and others were given priority over us. The food arrived and was...OK. My fish was overcooked and my husband's steak was nothing to write home about. Overall, we paid double what I thought this restaurant was worth. While the server was fantastic, we will not be returning to this restaurant next time we are in Maui. Not worth it.Special Features:
- Maui's hidden GemAlohaAnnieVIPDined on 9/7/2014We love love love this place! Five stars on everything! Keep up the good work Five Palms!Special Features:
- as close to th beach as you can getKJSJDined on 9/6/2014Almost at sea level with palm trees between you and the ocean, this was the highlight of our dining in a week in Maui. The food and service are excellent but the location is the star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible ViewsthegoodstuffDined on 9/3/2014A perfect spot to enjoy the sunset while taking advantage of there decent happy hour specials. You are required to purchase drinks during happy hour to get the special happy hour food pricing.Special Features:
- homeboybeefeatersDined on 9/3/2014This was our third brunch at 5 Palms over the years...always a treat. Perfect first morning view and meal to get grounded, after the prior hectic day of arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!PickyMauiEaterDined on 8/29/2014The food was fabulous! I got the Beef Filet over mashed purple sweet potatoes (my request as I don't eat white potatoes) and the steak was perfectly cooked to order and so full of flavor. It was the best steak I have had since moving to Hawaii....including Oahu. My Uncle had the Prime rib and my aunt had a couple of the vegetarian sushi selections which they were both pleased with. We each got dessert, the lilikoi cheesecake which was amazing. The service was fabulous and they were very attentive and friendly. My husband got the same thing I did and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food needs improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The restaurant is located in an excellent location and the view of the beach and Maui sunset is unbeatable. However, despite excellent service from the staff our dinner food was unsatisfactory. The lobster dip is horrible for any price, let alone the $20 menu price. My fish dish came out undercooked and had to be sent back where they simply over fried it and replayed with the left over garnish. Very disappointed and wouldn't eat here again.Special Features:
- Dogs in restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Food was nothing spectacular....prices were way too high for the food......view was great .....but why do they allow pets in the restaurant at the table .....ruined the whole eveningSpecial Features:
- A must!stav53Dined on 8/22/2014If you are looking for a memorable very nice dinner, this is the place. So relaxing and a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner with familyChristiansfr11Dined on 8/20/2014Enjoyed the dinner on the terrasse close to the beach. Sushy was just perfect and I took the fish. Service was good. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We came from Honolulu to Maui for our 10 year anniversary and was very excited to eat at the Five Palms due to photos I saw on Yelp. My family and I were very dissatisfied with the food. It was not good. I thought the sushi was not tasty or prepared as we are used to having and the prime rib was not tasty at all. The waiter was okay... did not come to refill water or beverages and came across as pompous. Too bad though, such a beautiful place.Special Features:
- Food With a ViewPIGIRLDined on 8/12/2014Amazing place to watch a spectacular sunset, have dinner, drinks, and great conversation. Celebrated my brother/sister in law's anniversary there while we were on Kihei. Our waiter was very attentive and the food was delicious! I ordered the Opa cooked tropical style which came atop some miniature hash browns/spinach. I also ordered a Pineapple Brûlée for dessert ...... OMG! Such wonderful flavor! The presentation of this heavenly treat was set in a small round of pineapple shell and filled in with the creme brûlée. My husband and sister in law ordered the Lilikoi Cheesecake, which was just as delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/11/2014From the kids to the adults, everyone in my party of 6 loved their dinner & drinks. We were seated a little further in the restaurant, but still had a great view of the sunset. Our server was great with the kids (8 & 6), and described the meals perfectly. The portions are generous, for both the main course and appetizers. I would highly suggest the Fish Trio, if it's on the menu,.. delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Excellent spot. Great views of the ocean and beaches. Service was good food was good, although pricey. Overall the experience was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why look for anyplace else?greeneyedladyDined on 8/9/2014We had a great table with a grat view. Our server was very efficient, friendly, and helpful. The food was outstanding. Our brunch was heavenly. We will come back again.Special Features:
- Romantic setting, but . . .BigmoDined on 8/6/2014Nice beachfront setting, a pretty restuarant attached to a rather tacky hotel, a lovely porch and attentive service, but large, noisy family groups and a lot of kids, so not quite the peaceful, romantic evening we were after! Food was good, if a little too fussy, fresh and tasty. Large portions. Two appetizers was a good meal. maybe eating later would have been better. Teak chairs were not very comfortable to conducive to lingering over wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Spot!JenGDined on 8/2/2014The atmosphere, setting, and food at Five Palms is AMAZING! One of the best meals on our whole trip! We really enjoyed our time here!Special Features:
- Very disappointingTravelFiendDined on 8/1/2014The view here is gorgeous. Our waiter had a great sense of humor. The portions are very large but the taste was lacking in every dish. I ordered the lobster roll and only ate part of the roll. The lobster was very fishy. The onion rings were heavily breaded but decent. The boys got the prime rib sandwich and the meat didn't look like prime rib. We were puzzled when we arrived at his empty the place was. But after the food arrived we realized that everyone else knows the food isn't worth eating.Special Features:
- Views are spectacularkboltonVIPDined on 7/29/2014Both 5 Palms and Sarentos next door offer amazing sunset views on the most idyllic beach on Maui. Both the mahi mahi and passion fruit cheesecake were delectable. Our waiter was personable and attentive. Other than a price mismatch for the Sunset Special (website $29.99, restaurant $38) we had a flawless dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiefoodieDined on 7/27/2014There were 8 of us and the setting was perfect. We sat outside in the patio and the sunset was awesome. We were greeted by Ken (manager) and our server was Zac (must ask for him) the service was exceptional, Luke (manager) also came by later in the evening and asked if everything was fine. I had the fish special which had a Hamachi, crab cake and shrimp, it was cooked perfect. We have made it one of our favorite places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceColoradoDined on 7/23/2014I traveled solo to Maui after a meeting in Honolulu for a couple days of downtime. The concierge at the marriott suggested dinner here. Outdoor dining had the most beautiful sunset views. Service was outstanding and attentive as I was dining alone. Sushi fresh and delicious as well as the fresh fish selections. The experience was one that prompted me to go back the second night. I travel weekly for business and do eat in top restaurants and this was one that will remain top on my list. Appetizers are large and should be shared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around fantastic!pupscanjoinVIPDined on 7/23/2014We have been going to the Five Palms for 10 years now and it remains one of our favorite restaurants on Maui! Food is always fantastic, great outdoor door dining with views of the sunset and very relaxing. We will be back next time we're in Maui!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MauiNeneVIPDined on 7/23/2014Was told by a few people to go there. Great and different food. Owner is a Rotarian and holds a meeting there weekly.Special Features:
- Disappointing mahiBuddhadelightVIPDined on 7/21/2014Mahi was very thin, small, over cooked, tough and dry. We asked for a different one. The second try was just as disappointing. It was less dry, but tough and over cooked. And really small!