5 Palms Restaurant
2960 So. Kihei Rd.
Kihei, HI 96753Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
5 Palms Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.5palmsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (808) 879-2607
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch: Daily: 8:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hours: Nightly: 3:00pm-7:00pm & 9:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: George Gomes
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do not provide offsite catering at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Special Events: The perfect location for wedding parties, business meetings and group functions. Please see our Private Dining section or contact Kathryn Freeman at 808-879-2607 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Cross Street: Kilohana
- Public Transit: Maui Bus stop just outside the Mana Kai Resort, on Kihei Rd, Cross St Kilohana.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking in non-reserved stalls at the Mana Kai only, or in public beach parking area. Seasonal complimentary valet parking available.
A word from 5 Palms Restaurant
5 Palms is an open-air, oceanfront restaurant, nestled inside the Mana Kai Resort on Keawakapu Beach. We offer breakfast and lunch daily from 8:00am to 2:30pm, focusing on unique twists to classic breakfast & lunch favorites. Dinner is served nightly from 5:00pm to 9:00pm and focuses on the bounty of fresh fish and locally grown vegetables that are available year round on Maui. We also offer one of the best Happy Hours on the South Side of the Island from 3:00pm to 7:00pm and again from 9:00pm to 11:00pm daily. Happy Hour features great drink specials, and half-priced pupus and sushi. We invite you to come and relax, while the gentle tradewind breezes stir your soul and the breathtaking sunsets steal your cares away.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
5 Palms Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Kihei ›
5 Palms Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (69)great for outdoor dining (58)romantic (44)special occasion (40)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (16)great for lunch (16)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (10)hot spot (8)notable wine list (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- Great chef! Great views at 5 Palms.mikekDined on 11/20/2014George Gomes is one of the best chefs in Hawaii. 5 Palms food is noticeably better with him running the kitchen. Excellent, well run restaurant right on the ocean. Now one of the very best on Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful eveningMauiMoonDined on 11/13/2014Celebrated a birthday at the 5 Palms. The outdoor seating had a spectacular view. Service was good - waiter better than the busboy. The dinner special was very good as was the steak. It was a leisurely, evening watching the night sky develop to darkness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelydinealotDined on 11/13/2014From the service to the dessert, everything was a joy. The wasabi hummus was an originally delicious start to a great meal...the coffee and creamy cheesecake was the perfect finish to it all. The view is phenomenal and the ambiance quite romantic. I would certainly recommend this find to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very undercooked seafoodDiningdivaDined on 11/12/2014If you like your fish quite rare then this is the restaurant for you. The Mahi Mahi barely flakes and the seared Ahi is seared on just one side and, therefore, cold. If you want your seafood more thoroughly cooked, then I would try somewhere else. Very friendly staff but a nice waitress does not make up for a bad dinner. Also, the restaurant is very noisy until the bar clears out about 7:30 pm. The view is probably very nice during the day but once it is dark, there are no lights and one cannot see the beach.Special Features:
- Beatiful sunset restaurantFoodIeforLifeDined on 11/11/2014This was a great restaurant, right along the beach, with a beautiful view full view of the sunset. We had the Abu 'prime rib', which was one of the most creative ways to prepare tuna we have ever had. The appetizer sushi was fun, and delicious. The cocktails were creative and tasty. Highly recommended to find out when the sunset is in Maui, and book a reservation for 30 mins prior. Definitely recommended when you're in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JDLSVIPDined on 11/10/2014Crab and Avocado Omelette is a must! I have this every single time i'm in Maui without fail! Overall excellent. I bragged about it when i got home. Service was fantastic. View impeccable. Please don't ever change this item! Fell in love with it my first time there back in 2003 and have been having it ever since!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing experienceSteveoDined on 11/8/2014The 5 palms has very good food and excellent service. But few other places have the beautiful beachfront with palm trees and Hawaiian sunset views. It is a special occasion place that we visit several times a week when we are on Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/2/2014Enjoyed 5 Palms- I was apprehensive as it is located in a hotel, but it has as good a view of the sunset as Sarentos next door. Happy Hour in the bar can be noisy, but the tables beach-side were quite pleasant.
- KiheiGirlVIPDined on 10/30/2014This is a beautiful, open-air restaurant. Unfortunately, it was way too hot inside to enjoy our food because they don't have anything to keep it cool. We were sitting in a booth set further in and probably should have sat by a window or moved to the outdoor patio. Maybe that would have been cooler but not sure. I don't think the $40 mahi mahi was that great either way, me sweating or not. The outdoor patio and bar looked lovely and lively so we returned a couple of days later for half-price sushi and pupus. Now THAT was extremely awesome.Special Features:
- Sunset DinnerWineanddineDined on 10/30/2014We appreciated that our request for a sunset view table was accomodated. The View was specatcular and there was a bonus of a private fire dance show happening on the beach after sunset. The meal was delicious, prepated with fresh local ingredients. Five Palms, Kihei was most enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJunglemanDined on 10/27/2014Very Romantic, Great food. You have to see it at sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keavakapu and You!MauiRoseDined on 10/23/20145 Palms' location is unbelievably beautiful. The restaurant sits beside beautiful Keavakapu Beach in North Kihei where its patrons can soak up all that's good about Maui: tropical beaches, neighboring islands, coral reefs, white sand....oh, but, do I digress? Five Palms also has yummy breakfasts and good-morning coffee! I always book via Open Table and request a front row table which is where I'm seated promptly! Servers are pleasant and attentive. I had a Florentine Benedict with that yummy Hollandaise sauce in the side. Always fun, it's one of Kihei's gems.Special Features:
- Great location and great foodDennisDined on 10/17/2014We sat at the covered patio with a great view of the ocean and sunset. The weather was excellent. The food was outstanding. A very good place to dine especially for a special occasion. Our waiter, Brian, was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five PalmsDtwhDined on 10/15/2014Had a fantastic anniversary dinner with family and friends at the Five Palms where the food was excellent and our server Brooklin went out of her way to make sure the evening was special for us all. Highly recommend dining here.Special Features:
- Food Excellent; Service LackingLuv2eatDined on 10/15/2014Person who seated us not very service oriented. Each time needed her very hard to connect with. We were seated outside in a dark corner with minimal light. That table should not even have been there--very poor placement. Had to ask to be seated elsewhere. Outside noise level much noisier than inside. Menu selection and meal itself excellent. Beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerDined on 10/15/2014Was very disappointed with the service provided thru OPEN TABLE. Although I made reservations weeks in advanced with special note that the evening was celebrating a very special event with request to sit in the dinning room, noon of this information was conveyed to the restaurant.If you want to dine at 5 Palms, don't use OPEN TABLE to book the reservation! Call the restaurant and talk to someone there.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationloveKulaLodgeDined on 10/15/2014Restaurant has always been one of my favorites. The food and the service are outstanding - but the scenic view is awesome. It is not noisy and the entire staff is very helpful and friendly. Our grandson had never been to this restaurant so wanted to treat him for his birthday celebration and he was completely won over to what a perfect place this restaurant is and I know he will be returning with his friends now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerEattoliveDined on 10/14/2014We cancelled a dinner cruise and opted to make a reservation at 5 Palms for our 30th wedding anniversary. We are so glad we did. We were treated like royalty. We had a front row seat for the beautiful sunset. They brought us free champagne to toast each other. They were very knowledgeable about the fish and patient with our questions about the menu. The food was delicious and the presentation of it very fun. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistenyGr8tdineVIPDined on 10/10/2014Beautiful location but inconsistent food from visit earlier in week. Also requested more water twice and never received. Seemed like once we paid our bill the service stoppedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun2dineoutVIPDined on 10/8/2014Daryl was an impeccable waiter, pleasant, smiling, informative, courteous in all aspects. Prime rib excellent and properly prepared as was the Shrimp and Scallop dish. Friend described the latter as succulent. I had the trio special. An excellent choice. Dessert of pineapple crème brulee was also tasty. We were brought two excellent spreads of edamani humus and lilikoi butter for our starting bread basket. Beginning to end was a fabulous dine out, including a fabulous ocean view. We will recommend this to many others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service and view!Gr8tdineVIPDined on 10/6/2014Beautiful location with great menu. Try the creme brûlée oatmeal! Would recommend this restaurants for anty maui gathering or reason to dine- any time of day or night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceLove5PalmsDined on 9/25/2014Food was incredible. Very unique flavors. Service was wonderful and ambiance was second to none. An awesome ending to our maui experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014It took 40 minutes from the time we were sat until we placed our food order. Extremely slow server, yet friendly. Would not return as there are much better and less expensive dining options in Wailea and Kihei.Special Features:
- Keawakapu and YouMauiRoseDined on 9/21/2014One of the best views in Kihei! Watch the ocean, watch the whales, and enjoy your meal. I had Curry Chicken Salad and it was divine. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great food, even better service!AHS60Dined on 9/20/2014We met up with friends in Maui and decided to have a special dinner at Five Palms to celebrate. Everyone at the restaurant - from our cocktail server in the bar where we had pre-dinner drinks, to the hostess who made sure we got the special table requested, made the evening special, but I have to give an extra special call out to our waitress - Brooklin - who went above and beyond to make dinner a fabulous night. Her friendly attitude and willingness to accommodate any special requests, really is what made the night stand out. She said she had only been working there a short time, but she was a complete professional - knowledgeable about the menu and wine offerings, outgoing - SHE IS A SUPER STAR!Special Features:
- Highly DisappointedBruddaKellyDined on 9/11/2014After eating at Mamas Fish House in Paia early in the week, we tried the Five Palms later in the week. While the setting and ambiance was ideal, the food was very disappointing. All of our main course dishes were fish and all were severely over cooked. Memo to the Mgr and Head Chef, if you're going to charge more than Mama's Fish House ( the best Fish served on this Island ), you really should learn how to cook your fish. The sushi appetizer was very good.Special Features:
- Amazing view for sunsetCaliforniablondeDined on 9/10/2014My mom and I eat here every time we visit Maui. Fresh fish. Great wine list. The service is always amazing too. This time it took awhile for the food to come out of the kitchen, but it was a pretty busy night. Overall, we are always extremely happy customers. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs upChristinaGermanyDined on 9/9/2014Everything was just Great! We got the best table for our wedding reception and the staff was very kind and friendly! The fiew was just amazing and very romantic. The food was very delicious and the prices are an avarage. It didnt took too long for the food to be served, just right. They even got us a free champagne for everyone, it was not cool though... The only negative point is that they forgot to bring bread and a wine we ordered but everything else was just beautiful! Thanks for this special great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding- both food and serviceYPGuyDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here and they treated us great. The food was really great, only slight misstep was the mahi mahi being a hair overdone. The restof the meal and service more than made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon DinnerCherylBDined on 9/7/2014We stumbled along this restaurant during our time in Maui. We thought the views were spectacular so we made a reservation. We asked for a great spot to view the sunset and arrived early to ensure we got the best spot. After being greeted and congratulated, we met the server who was extremely friendly. As the restaurant began to fill, we realized we were in a horrible spot to view the sunset and others were given priority over us. The food arrived and was...OK. My fish was overcooked and my husband's steak was nothing to write home about. Overall, we paid double what I thought this restaurant was worth. While the server was fantastic, we will not be returning to this restaurant next time we are in Maui. Not worth it.Special Features:
- Maui's hidden GemAlohaAnnieVIPDined on 9/7/2014We love love love this place! Five stars on everything! Keep up the good work Five Palms!Special Features:
- as close to th beach as you can getKJSJDined on 9/6/2014Almost at sea level with palm trees between you and the ocean, this was the highlight of our dining in a week in Maui. The food and service are excellent but the location is the star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible ViewsthegoodstuffDined on 9/3/2014A perfect spot to enjoy the sunset while taking advantage of there decent happy hour specials. You are required to purchase drinks during happy hour to get the special happy hour food pricing.Special Features:
- homeboybeefeatersDined on 9/3/2014This was our third brunch at 5 Palms over the years...always a treat. Perfect first morning view and meal to get grounded, after the prior hectic day of arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!PickyMauiEaterDined on 8/29/2014The food was fabulous! I got the Beef Filet over mashed purple sweet potatoes (my request as I don't eat white potatoes) and the steak was perfectly cooked to order and so full of flavor. It was the best steak I have had since moving to Hawaii....including Oahu. My Uncle had the Prime rib and my aunt had a couple of the vegetarian sushi selections which they were both pleased with. We each got dessert, the lilikoi cheesecake which was amazing. The service was fabulous and they were very attentive and friendly. My husband got the same thing I did and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food needs improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The restaurant is located in an excellent location and the view of the beach and Maui sunset is unbeatable. However, despite excellent service from the staff our dinner food was unsatisfactory. The lobster dip is horrible for any price, let alone the $20 menu price. My fish dish came out undercooked and had to be sent back where they simply over fried it and replayed with the left over garnish. Very disappointed and wouldn't eat here again.Special Features:
- Dogs in restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Food was nothing spectacular....prices were way too high for the food......view was great .....but why do they allow pets in the restaurant at the table .....ruined the whole eveningSpecial Features:
- A must!stav53Dined on 8/22/2014If you are looking for a memorable very nice dinner, this is the place. So relaxing and a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner with familyChristiansfr11Dined on 8/20/2014Enjoyed the dinner on the terrasse close to the beach. Sushy was just perfect and I took the fish. Service was good. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We came from Honolulu to Maui for our 10 year anniversary and was very excited to eat at the Five Palms due to photos I saw on Yelp. My family and I were very dissatisfied with the food. It was not good. I thought the sushi was not tasty or prepared as we are used to having and the prime rib was not tasty at all. The waiter was okay... did not come to refill water or beverages and came across as pompous. Too bad though, such a beautiful place.Special Features: