5 Napkin Grill - South Beach
455 Lincoln Rd
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
5 Napkin Grill - South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.5napkingrill.com/
- Phone: 3055382277
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Saturday - Sunday:11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Andy D"Amico
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from 5 Napkin Grill - South Beach
This classic American bar and grill offers something for everyone with a wide array of menu items, from salads to grilled specialties. The diverse menu of expertly prepared classics, from the Churrasco Steak to the Pork Loin Chops, entice foodies to come back nightly. Featured temptations include Wasabi Deviled Eggs; Pimento Cheese Potato Skins; Grilled Steak, Chicken or Mahi Tacos; Teriyaki Salmon and Blue Cheese Crusted Filet Mignon. For the burger enthusiast, indulge in the classic 5 Napkin burgers. In addition to the beloved Original (10 ounces of fresh ground beef with Gruyere cheese, caramelized onions and rosemary aioli), there are 8 ounce editions featuring the good old American Cheeseburger, Bacon-Cheddar, Avocado Ranch, Veggie and more. Diners will also enjoy the restaurant’s beverage program that features tempting handcrafted cocktails that highlight a variety of tequilas and are made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients and juices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
5 Napkin Grill - South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (6)good for groups (6)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (3)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- brunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014it took a while to get proper service and the order to be requested. the menu doesn't include regular drinks such as coffee even though they serve it. the food is good and the service is not bad, but is somehow slow, maybe because my boyfriend and I decided to seat outside, but still i don't think it should be used as an excuse. overall it was a good experience, something different for a Sunday morning.Special Features:
- Good food - mediocre serviceHerArgoDined on 8/15/2014Good place for a rainy day on Lincoln road with reservation option for inside dining. Reasonable prices with kid menu option. Be careful, tip already included on the check. Our waiter was very indifferent, border line annoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, baby friendlySylfrelDined on 8/5/2014We have booked via Open Table specifying that we had a stroller so we were given a very quiet and spacious table. Our waiter was friendly and professional. The lobster was very tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great veggie burger!!!PreggofoodieDined on 7/27/2014Thorpughly enjoyed my experience. The veggie burger with pepper jack cheese was delicious. My husband enjoyed his cheddar bacon burger with onion rings- the onion rings were the best we've had in a while!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow servicePrismethDined on 7/6/2014Amazing food, although the server had great knowledge of the menu she was slow in bringing the drinks and refilling them. I could see her talking and playing with the hostess while I tried to get her attentions, it took me about 5 minutes to get y Sprite really. Aside from that the choices of food she suggested were great, the fried pickle pastrami, the avocado burger, the side of onion rings, and the chicken wings were delicious. I will definite go back to try brunch or the turkey sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Say it isn't so....AtlantaFoodieVIPDined on 6/26/2014This place has been one of my favorite NYC restaurants for years. However, having visited the Miami location recently, it seriously fell short! The service was pretty horrendous, with a very disinterested waitress who seemed preoccupied with other things. For that matter, the entire staff seemed disinterested. The food was just ok...not great. The fries and burger were not up to NYC standards. All in all a disappointment.Special Features:
- 4 NapkinsFatguyDined on 6/22/2014Nice experience. Good food. Nice SoBe Lincoln Rd vibe and atmosphere. Noyce as over the top as we expected though.Special Features:
- Burger - SpecialistmichaelhDined on 6/19/2014We had some Burgers, you can add blue cheese on your Burger - delicious!Special Features:
- food and servicelizelaVIPDined on 6/9/2014great food and service, a lot of varieties of foodSpecial Features:
- Best Burger Ever? Eh... Maybe not.dmvcwdVIPDined on 5/18/2014Dinner: 8:30pm, Sunday 5/18/14 This is a Lincoln Rd establishment, with all the usual fan fair. The burgers were good but not the best ever. It's always lively & great people watching dining outdoors on Lincoln Rd. They offer a great selection of beers & cider, I had the Angry Orchard Cider, it was killer! I ordered the bacon cheese burger. My brother enjoyed his burger with avocado. I will say... they do cook to order! I like my red meat RARE and they delivered! THAT is worth an extra star... except for the bad service. We were handed off because the women responsible for our section was clearly overwhelmed. If you want a decent burger and you're on Lincoln Rd, 5 Napkin Grill is better than Shake Shack!Special Features:
- It was average.FancykatsDined on 5/16/2014We were recently in South Beach, Fla. and wanted to try an outdoor cafe because of the beautiful weather. Well, this place got pretty good reviews, but I guess we are getting spoiled lately. Ordered steaks for both of us. I ordered mine medium, and even so, it was oversalted and tough. Reminded me of a poor supermarket quality steak from our neighborhood store. The daquiri that I had seemed watered down. Didn't want to stay for dessert. It was fun being outside, after the horrible winter in the D.C. area where we live, but would not go back. The waitress we had was adorable, however, and fairly attentive.Special Features:
- The following 119 reviews are from the 5 Napkin Grill - South Beach reviews archive.
- Always a hitDininginSouthBeachDined on 4/18/2014Instead of opting for the traditional burgers we tried some of the other offering on the South Beach menu. Fish tacos, very good and the chopped salad w/ chicken was good but not out standing. My youngest daughter had the chicken fingers and said they were one of best she ever had, that coming from someone with some extensive knowledge on the subject. I also what point out the service, great waiter very attentive and made for an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/18/2014A group of us went for lunch on March 18 and we had the avocado-ranch burgers and steak salad. All meals were excellent! Nice spot to have a quick lunch. Excellent service. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great every timeAnnADined on 3/15/2014Visiting South Beach and have had two terrific experiences. Prompt, friendly service. Multiple tasty food choices for everyone in the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to hang outSteveOVIPDined on 2/21/2014My blackened fish wasn't, but it tasted good and my son had a great burger - food was good but priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good...PB71Dined on 2/14/20142nd 5 Napkin restaurant visited...every bit as good as the NY (Upper West) branch. Good burgers at very reasonable prices. Will be visiting again when next in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger and morezo6manDined on 2/14/2014Really nice place, great service. A little pricey but it is in South Beach! Will go back again when in Miami! Their signature burger was the bomb..... and cooked perfect medium rare!Special Features:
- Had a great lunch at 5 NapkinCon118tistDined on 2/14/2014Had a great lunch at 5 Napkin Grill! Decor was fun, the service was prompt and attentive and the food was tasty! Only downside is trying to find good parking on a busy weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgerscchecatDined on 2/7/2014This was a solid burger & fries, I'd go back. We dined inside, it was a little loud but we were able to enjoy our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spot on LincolnRisaFoodyVIPDined on 2/7/2014The food is good but not spectacular - burgery, salady type place where the focus is on drinking - but it's a nice situation for sitting outside and watching the Lincoln Rd. parade go by.Special Features:
- Very averageJamesVIPDined on 1/22/2014Food was decent but not as good as I remember it. 5 Napkin is still a good burger joint even on an off day, Fries were not hot. The waitress disappeared for awhile which meant no refills on drinks, i don't consider these major issues, but the restaurant is pricey for the fare that it serves,
- Good food at a moderate price.JCP01Dined on 1/5/2014We had dinner inside and had to wait 30 min.to have our hamburgers because they were very busy but the manager came to explain the situation and to apologize. The food was good and the waitress friendly. The noise inside is moderate and there are several screens which is nice if you are a sport's fan. A nice place to have a bite when you're on Lincoln Rd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tad overpricedRobBVIPDined on 1/5/2014Although the name has changed to 5 Napkin Grill, it's still a slightly upscale burger joint. But at $15+ for burgers, it's starting to get a little ridiculous. But it is Lincoln Road, so I guess that's the future since the landlords are driving rents into the stratosphere. Pity.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the beat buerger in MiamiFilifiloDined on 12/29/2013I've been in 5Napkin in NYC and Miami one was great as we'll. The Original 5Napkin burger is a "must" to try, delicious. Negative aspects, the fries were too burnt and wifi connection didn't work properly. A bit too noisy. Anyway, I'll surely come back again. TO TRY!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Xmas time !IvanDined on 12/24/2013It was Xmas time and the staff was great and the service perfect. Nice food with a good price. Highly Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well named comfort food!JamesPDined on 12/19/2013The original 5 napkin burger was delish! Ad needed 5 napkins!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodVictorDined on 11/16/2013I had been to the 5 napkin in NY so I wanted to check out the one here at home. It didn't disappoint, but I wouldn't say it Wowed me either. They have a bunch of good appetizers we tried like 6 of them. I recommend the potato skins, they are different from what you are used to seeing. The burger was good and the beer list was pretty expansive. If you are in the area you should try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had to ask for the AC toDebraVIPDined on 11/16/2013I had to ask for the AC to be turned on...very humid restaurant due to them keeping the door open. The hostess told me it was because of the AC getting too cold then the manager came over and said it had a broken spring arm and would hit people.....WHichever, doesn't really matter. In hot humid S FL, a restaurant should have their doors closed and the AC running....
- Unfortunately, the burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/14/2013Unfortunately, the burgers tasted stale and the chicken was rubbery. On top of that, the service was poor. My kids drank my lemonade because the staff failed to refil their soft drinks and then the staff charged me for a second lemonade. Good thing they have mandatory tipping. C-
- It's a typical casual americanMIAEMMAVIPDined on 10/31/2013It's a typical casual american restaurant that serves hamburgers, onion rings... It's good and service is very nice.
- Not impressedSWLTML69VIPDined on 10/24/2013The food was OK, I would not go out my to eat there.Special Features:
- A Winner!BruceDined on 9/7/2013Great burgers and salads! Nice selection if draft beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 stars for 5 NapkinsJamesBrownInMiamiVIPDined on 6/14/2013I was completely surprised at how great the food and service were. I have seen some bad reviews on 5 Napkin but decided to take a chance. We were so happy we went. We started with wasabi deviled eggs and a beet with goat cheese salad. The eggs great. I could have had more. The salad was above average and the goat cheese was maybe some of the best I have tasted. Two sliders followed. Probably two of the best I have ever eaten. The rosemary flavoring with the special cheese were excellent. No garnish or condiments needed. We opted for the Mahi and Chicken soft tacos. They were huge and filling with great flavor. Better than most Mexican places. If your are into cocktails, try the Blackberry Ginger Margarita. Make sure to check this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2013Great food, comfortable seating and good service. We've been there several times and it has been consistent.Special Features:
- Great burgersgoodeatsDined on 5/31/2013Everything we had was awesome. Price for a burger and fries is $16.95. A bit expensive for a burger, but it was really goodSpecial Features:
- going there always for a quick dinlizelaVIPDined on 5/10/2013We always go there for a quick dinner, unfortunately yesterday took over 45 minutes to get a burger medium rare, this is not what I expected for them, usually 15 minutes is tops, there was no excuse (except the heat game was on) surely they are not providing service, our waiter was an ANGEL but the kitchen is a bit to SLOW.
- Not Impressed by $16 BurgerFoodiefusionistaVIPDined on 4/20/2013Even though the restaurant was half packed on this Saturday nite -- the service was inconsistent and spotty. My friends had to send back their burgers three (3) times.... Unacceptable at a place where Burgers are the marquee event. I had the chicken chipotle tacos and they were tasty -- not sure worth the $15 they charged. Glad I tried it, not sure I would go back
- Great burgers!!!! It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/19/2013Great burgers!!!! It was a wonderful surprise to be able to eat a simple but delicious meal!Special Features:
- Great burgers in South BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2013The food was fantastic, and the music that was playing had our party all swaying in our seats. Lots of fun! Big windows for people-watching, and food is reasonably priced for the area. I recommend the Happy Hour sliders--they even have a veggie version for those who would prefer to avoid meat. The espresso brownie sundae is amazing, and huge! It's definitely big enough to share. :)Special Features:
- Great place to grab a reasonablyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Great place to grab a reasonably priced meal. Not amazing food but not horrible. Its in a good area and if you're not looking for 5-star dining it does the trick.Special Features: