5 Napkin Burger - Union Square
150 East 14th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
BurgersPrice: $30 and under
5 Napkin Burger - Union Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.5napkinburger.com/
- Phone: 2122285500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 12:00am; Friday: 11:30am - 1:00am; Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00pm; Sunday: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Andy D'Amico
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 5 Napkin Burger - Union Square
5 Napkin Burger caters to those with the most discerning appetites. We offer a rare mix of classic and innovative burgers, tacos, grilled tuna salads and everything in between. Pair that with a custom cocktail, local lager or s’mores shake as you kick back or mingle in our bustling bistro setting. We welcome carnivores and vegetarians. We’re hosts to scenesters, professionals and families. We believe the burger experience is no loner one-way-fits-all and we hope you’ll join us in changing that definition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
5 Napkin Burger - Union Square reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (32)great for lunch (29)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (14)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (10)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Simple but well doneOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Simple but good food, great atmosphere and service. I go back every 1-2 months to meet friends and can always expect the same thing.Special Features:
- Go toRobbyVIPDined on 10/16/2014Great chain... Love the wings, burgers... staple of a NYer's diet!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014Very good tasty burger but a little on the expensive side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionhappydiner4Dined on 10/3/2014Went for an "American food" lunch. Burgers were great, the shi tuna burger not so much. It was too tough. Beers were good, my grayhound was weak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than burgerslunchat1Dined on 10/2/2014My friend and I had excellent salads--she, Southwestern chicken, I goat cheese and walnuts plus shrimp. I also hear great things about the burgers, but they're a bit too much for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobLVIPDined on 9/24/2014I have been to this location many times & it's great for a quick meal. I'm normally here in the evening & it's a pretty busy spot. Good burgers, chicken sandwiches, salads etc & fast food type of meals.Special Features:
- good and reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014always good. always room. always easy. never disappoints. and their veggie burger is delicious.Special Features:
- Great place!!!NycGalDined on 9/19/2014The food was amazing. There is so much to choose from and the prices are reasonable. I am definitely going back. 5 NB is on my list of favorite hangout spots!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything too notchDRFieldsDined on 9/13/2014Great burgers, sushi is also amazing! Wonderful wine list, perfect place for an easy dinner out with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great Tasting BurgersGailDined on 9/12/2014A place known for its Burgers should have consistently great meat, and this place does. On this visit my friend and I both had the special "BLT" Burger with thick cut bacon. The Bacon and, especially, the ripe red tomato were excellent but most importantly, the beef was juicy and flavorful. I like that they can get a slight crisp on the pattie's exterior while still cooking it to medium temperature. Also very friendly and prompt service. Cheddar Tots are recommended as well!Special Features:
- FryfanaticDined on 9/4/2014This was my second experience at Five Napkin Burger, though my first at the Union Square location. Great location, spacious, great service. The waitress convinced me to get the special burger and it was delicious. My cocktail was well made and I thoroughly enjoyed catching up with my friends at this location. Bacon on a burger? How can you go wrong. And the skinny fries are a perfect match the well portioned burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menuBubblesDined on 8/31/2014The waiter was very pleasant and helpful in recommending dishes. I would return and try another recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good burgersJayEllarVIPDined on 8/28/2014Five Napkins Union Square is the same dependable eatery it has always been since day one. Whether it is brunch or a quick dinner before being home, this place has always come through. I highly recommend either the classic or the original burgers with the sweet potato fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice burger but nothing specialNYlover1984Dined on 8/20/2014nice burger but nothing special. Our waiter was really impatient because he couldn't hear due to the loud music in the restaurant.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014It took awhile for the waitress to get drinks (water) for our table but when she did she was good. She knew a lot about the different draft beers there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LivelyYummiliciousDined on 8/1/2014My niece asked to come here for her birthday dinner. It was a Friday after work so it was rather boisterous and the sound was cacophonous. We got the booth I'd requested and I believe if we hadn't we might not have been able to hear each other at all. As it was the four of us had to really work on hearing each other. The food was good though I was not in the mood for my usual Veggie Burger and ordered sushi. It was tasty but really small. Everyone else said they enjoyed the food and I thought our waiter was great.Special Features:
- Good burgersNSIMDined on 7/29/2014We were a group of 8. We had some cocktails, appetizers and burgers, all of which were great. Everyone enjoyed their food and the service was very good as well. Overall, the quality food, service and good drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgers2ChainzVIPDined on 7/22/2014Burger was delicious. Loved the beer choices as well; I went with an Alphabet City. Appetizers took a while to come but food was great.Special Features:
- Excellent burgers and then some...food4thoughtDined on 7/19/20145 Napkin has really great burgers! In addition to their regular menu, they have burger specials throughout the year (including an Octoberfest themed burger which has lots of similar spices to German food, like bratwurst and sauerbraten). There are a couple of locations, but we've only been to the Union Square one. This location isn't very large and remains fairly packed throughout the night, especially weekends; so if possible, a reservation is best. The burgers are all juicy and well seasoned. Don't have a favorite because they're all quite good. The onion rings are really, really good. Appetizers aren't bad either, with potato skins and pastrami being our faves. They have a small, but usually very packed bar with happy hour specials too.Special Features:
- MehJuanValdezVIPDined on 7/19/2014I had heard great things, but it didn't live up. For the premium price on this burger, there are better options.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014this location pales in comparison to the hell's kitchen and uws locations. smaller burgers, smaller apps. overcooked. disappointing.
- just too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/1/2014we ate quickly and left. We had seats in a booth and still we could barely hear each other. Maybe that is their goal, keep the noise level high and they will eat up quickly and leave.
- kiki8VIPDined on 7/1/2014Great casual burger spot! The burgers are my all time favorite. Definitely a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid lunch spotBMo22Dined on 7/1/2014One of my favorite places for a sit down lunch during the work week. The grilled Mahi Mahi sandwich is excellent and the burgers I'm told are equally tasty.Special Features:
- Good. really loud. Good selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014The food is tasty though and the selection is much more varied than I knewSpecial Features:
- The following 245 reviews are from the 5 Napkin Burger - Union Square reviews archive.
- Vibrant Burger SpotAcoustickittyDined on 6/21/2014Great for salads, too. Love the coffee!!! All around can't be beat.Special Features:
- Best burger in townFuriousgeorgeDined on 6/16/2014A must for each visit to NYC. Without a doubt the best burger in town. The only problem is choosing between the original & all the other great options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BklynravenDined on 6/15/2014Took my dad here for Father's day for lunch thinking he would go for a nice juicy burger but was disappointed. The house burger was dry and over cooked. I ordered what was advertised as a prime rib burger but got two dry patties that did not resemble a prime rib. The drinks were good, they had a large selection of beer/wine and the onion rings were hot and crispy. All in all though nothing to write home about
- awesome!foodiemomof2Dined on 6/14/2014If you want a fun great burger or cocktail in NYC, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJudyVIPDined on 6/10/2014We had the month special short rib burger and the spinach and artichoke dip. The waiter advised we order extra crostini but it really wasn't necessary. Enough came with the dish. The burger came perfectly done as we asked for medium rare. I think we spent 30 minutes all together in the restaurant which worked for us BC we had a long drive ahead. Would definitely go back! It was our second time there and both times it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SpotPeacockDined on 5/31/2014I had the avocado ranch burger and it was great. The service was very good and I plan to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mix experienceLobsterSaladDined on 5/25/2014I had better food and service at other 5napkin restaurants. This time the service was bad and the wings overdone. Just the burger was 5napkins quality as I know it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!dinnerloverDined on 5/18/2014I was looking forward to visiting this place on a recent trip to NYC. I wasn't the least bit impressed. There's not a thing that makes it special or unique. The food was just okay...I would not recommend this to anyone. I HAD to check one of the above selections if I wanted to submit this review. Disregard the fact I checked anything at all.Special Features:
- Mother's DayYogiDined on 5/11/2014Had a great Veggie burger with sweet potatoe fries. Had a shake for desert and loved it. I have been to 45 st and now 14 street both locations were were great.Special Features:
- 5 Napkin BugerBobLVIPDined on 5/7/2014I have previously reviewed this location. Great after work, large groups that get loud. Food is fine for burgers etc.... Waiter service the other night was spotty.Special Features:
- KatiriaVIPDined on 5/6/2014server was nice, food was good, but drink was so bad. i ordered a dark and story...it was not dark or stormy. It looked and tasted like it was only ginger beer and ice. The color was that of ginger ale. that was disappointing. What was also disappointing is that I had a reservation but when we were being taken to the table, I noticed that there was a tall open table by the bar. i asked if we could sit there instead and I was told that it has to be a 3 top. I looked around at the other high tables and noticed that there was a table with 2 people. I asked again and mentioned the two people at one of those tables and she said she couldn't give it to us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2014All the Burgers are good - I've had the Mushroom Blue, the Five Napkin, , The ahi - tuna, the Veggie, but this time I tried the lobster slders - they were good.Special Features:
- It is a good burger.SourceressDined on 4/27/2014I took my parents because they asked for a place that, "I wouldn't go without them" Aka, it's out of my price range but truly a great burger. I am not a vegetarian but I went with the veggie burger and it was pretty incredible.Special Features:
- Lazy, careless, rude.GregorySVIPDined on 4/27/2014Nothing ruins really good food like bad service. We'd been saving calories for weeks for a big burger splurge during our NYC weekend. We'd been very happy with 5Napkins midtown location on previous trips and expected more of the same here, but no. After sitting ignored for awhile, we had to ask the hostess to find our server. Her response was to walk away. Server appeared, but honestly, she's so bored with her job I half expected her fall asleep. Lazy and slow. Cocktails were good, food was great. But hard to focus on that when your server leaning on the bar while your water glass is empty. Then we got to hear the server in the next station arguing with his customer and actually yelling back at him from across the dining room. Charming.
- Great burgers, huge portionsluv2eatDined on 4/25/20145 Napkin burger has a large selection of burgers, entrees, bar style appetizers and desserts in huge portions which are not cheap but reason- able given the quality and size of portions. I started with the delicious chicken noodle/matzoh ball soup and then went on to the bacon/cheddar burger which I ordered well done and which was brought to my table in a matter of minutes. It was full of flavor and not at all overcooked which often happens with orders that are requested well-done. The burger also came with lettuce, tomato and a tasty bowl of fries and I washed it all down with a Sam Adams. For dessert I had the cheesecake which was very good but no different than usual. Terrific service, but huge portions - select accordingly.Special Features: