5 Napkin Burger - Astoria
3501 36th Street
Long Island City, NY 11106Neighborhood:
Long Island City
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
5 Napkin Burger - Astoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fivenapkinburger.com/
- Phone: 7184332727x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Burgers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from 5 Napkin Burger - Astoria
You don’t need to be a hardcore carnivore to enjoy the 5 Napkin experience. This classic American bar and grill features mouth-watering burgers as the centerpiece but with a wide array of menu items and clever cocktails, there is something for everyone. Burger enthusiasts can indulge in the classic 5 Napkin burgers for which this restaurant is renowned. In addition to the original 10 ozs of fresh ground beef with Gruyere cheese, caramelized onions and rosemary aioli, there are 7 oz editions featuring the Bacon Cheddar, Turkey, Veggie, Lamb, Tuna and even a Burger Salad. The diverse menu of expertly prepared American classics entice foodies to come back nightly. Additional temptations include Wasabi Deviled Eggs, Pimento Cheese Potato Skins, Pulled Pork Tacos, and Skirt Steak Churrasco. Diners will also enjoy a beverage program that features handcrafted cocktails that highlight a variety of tequilas and are made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients and juices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
5 Napkin Burger - Astoria reviews from OpenTable diners
- Museum of the Moving Image lunchgerryVIPDined on 11/8/2013Good burger lunch while visiting the Museum of the Moving Image across the street. Very friendly and helpful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for dinner and a movieAstoriaItaliaVIPDined on 10/20/2013This restaurant is the perfect place to go after seeing a movie at the large theaters around the corner. They even offer special movie ticket packages at discounted rates. The food is great -- nice variety, good taste, large portions, and the drinks are even better! I have found that there are not a lot of bartenders out there that know how to make a good Side Car, but this place makes them just right. They also have a great beer and wine list too. Lively but never feels over-crowded and they have a great side room for special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific place for g.reat burgerskathybouDined on 10/4/2013Love this place for. Friendly Sevice , great burgers and variety of side dishes. Delicious desserts tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at Bestfoodie2013Dined on 9/21/2013My family and I decided to spend a birthday dinner celebration here, hoping for delectable burgers. At 5:30PM, the restaurant was barely a third occupied, yet we waited at least 15 minutes before a server came over to introduce herself. After placing our entire order, including drinks, appetizers and entrees, our drinks did not arrive for another 10 minutes - water first, lacking the lemon we requested, followed by bar drinks. Appetizers came out about 5 minutes later - the pork taquitos were small but flavorful. Panko breaded onion rings were greasy but satisfyingly crisp. The avocado-ranch burger I ordered was dry and bland; fries were lifeless, soggy, and greasy. I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- TerribleValerieVIPDined on 9/8/2013I usually do not take the time to write a review but I would not want others to have the same experience as I. Firstly, our server was inpatient with us after only a few minutes reviewing the menu. I asked for a gluten-free bun due to allergies but was given a regular bun because they were out of stock. My fries were soggy and cold, burger was over cooked. Lastly, after waiting 20 mins to pay the bill, we left and paid at the hostess stand. We received 10% off out bill but still....it was terrible. Go to the Manhattan locations.
- A Decent Burger JointChrisVVIPDined on 8/16/2013I enjoyed the burger and onion rings I had. I would recommend 5 Napkin because the food and service are decent, but I was not blown away. The burgers were not particularly unique and the ingredients, while tasting good, were not rich with flavor or particularly fresh tasting. It's a great place to go to hang with friends, have a burger, and couple of drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodjackgVIPDined on 7/28/2013Good food and good service. In fact, best burger I have ever had. Awfully noisy, but that's just me. I'm going back for sure.Special Features:
- We had to wait 35 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2013We had to wait 35 minutes for our food and I had a reservation.Special Features:
- reservationjohnDined on 7/26/2013Despite a reservation, we waited for over an hour for our food to be served. One of the meals never came out of the kitchen and we needed to leave. Overall it was not a good experience.
- Great burgersBrianMDined on 7/22/2013Real good food. Very nice service. Exactly what you want out of a place like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummyyyyyyyyyyyyy!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/24/2013Fried pickles and pastrami so so good -- lucky they only give you 3 or you'd keep going back for more. Burgers and taco's simply devine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Movie GoersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2013Great restaurant for a bite either before or after a movie in the nearby theater. Restaurant also has option to buy a meal and get a ticket for a movie (didn't get the option though since I bought tickets online on the side). My group of 5 had a good time and the food was pretty good; we all had different kind of hamburgers and were very pleased by their size and flavor. The food has a bit of everything I would say, although the Wasabi Deviled Eggs were not as strong as I was hoping (0.5 out of 10 spicy). The staff taking care of our table was very friendly and always checked to make sure we were doing alright. Overall, a good experience to bring your family and friends to. They have a nice-size bar as well that filled our custom requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter was fabulous. TheJessDined on 6/18/2013Our waiter was fabulous. The drinks were delicious. When I spilled hot wing sauce down my shirt, the staff helped me clean it off.
- Great all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2013Burgers and sushi were excellent. Waiter was great. No complaints whatsoever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to its standarddehillerinVIPDined on 6/17/2013So disappointed that the burger this time was smaller and less juicy. Some other things looked fine.
- Good timesKMartDined on 5/30/2013yummy burgers, great atmosphere, nice spot after workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for a girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/27/2013Went for a girls night out - burgers and beer. Night started off amazingly when our favorite summer beer was on the menu. Had the pretzel tapas and it was so good. Burgers didn't disappoint either. Great night all around. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- LIC 5 Napkin Burger ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/22/2013I've been to their location in NYC previously and loved it, so I was very happy to find one closer to home. The food is as good as I remembered, although some of the prices were a bit higher than I recalled (ie. $6 for a NON-REFILLABLE glass of iced tea or lemonade seems a bit steep to me). The decor is also nice and fits in well with the LIC young trendy atmosphere. Overall I had a great experience and will definitely be back next time I want an excellent burger and crispy sweet potato fries. :)Special Features:
- Waitress, Brittany, went outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2013Waitress, Brittany, went out of her way to make the evening special for our group of 8 who was celebrating our cousin's birthday that day who is on a strict Gluten Free diet. The chef made a special GF dessert plate for her which made the night that much more better.Special Features:
- Burger over cooked.food tooOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013Burger over cooked.food too salty.california tap beer i had overpriced.wait staff was greatly.
- Great place to grab a burger!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013Great place to grab a burger! Nice atmosphere & a good bar.Special Features:
- You Can Count on 5 Napkin Burger!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/12/2013As reliable and as enjoyable as the other 5 Napkin Burger locations, this one with an atmosphere a bit calmer than those caught up in the frenzy of Manhattan. There is no doubt why 5 Napkin is so successful. The burgers are great and the service and the ambience make this place is a happy destination.Special Features:
- I went with my fiancé andirisnfrankDined on 3/24/2013I went with my fiancé and our dads and everyone enjoyed their meal. Everyone thought it was great food for a reasonable price. We've been there before and plan to return againSpecial Features:
- Come hungry!! Food is veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2013Come hungry!! Food is very filling speciallly the burgers! Staff was very friendly. Server and back waiter were very attentive. They also accomodated our special occasion. We got to linger at the table as it wasnt too full.Special Features:
- Excellent original burger,dehillerinVIPDined on 1/3/2013Excellent original burger, and the kitchen really pays attention to your order -- rare is rare. The wait staff is extremely eager to please, and you can sit for a long visit on a weeknight anyway.
- like a very dressed up burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012like a very dressed up burger joint but the price is niceSpecial Features:
- I had been to 5 Napkin inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2012I had been to 5 Napkin in Astoria and Hells Kitchen several times for dinner for the burgers, which are fantastic, but this was my first time for brunch. Went because it is just across the street from the film museum so it was convenient, but the eggs benedict and bloody mary were quite good! It was also easy to get a reservation. As far as dinner, I have found the food to be delicious and the service quite good although it can get a bit noisy.Special Features:
- Quite possibly the best BurgerBostonDinerDined on 11/13/2012Quite possibly the best Burger I've had in a very very long time. Excellent beer selection.Special Features:
- Great burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/30/2012Food was great I had the ranch and avocado burger medium. It was fantastic! The service was slow but it was to be expected due to the limited servers as per the adverse weather conditions. I am sure this was an abberation.Special Features:
- Good Eats!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012My husband and I had a lovely time at 5Napkin. We got the fried pickles and pastrami as a starter on whim, and it was quite tasty. More pastrami than pickles (I think I would have preferred it the other way around), but yummy! Like little bite-sized fried sandwiches with lots of mustard. We each had a burger, and enjoyed them immensely, though mine was a touch on the salty side. My husband's was a perfect medium rare, and mine an equally great medium well. Nice atmosphere, even considering the Yankees were playing, and had drawn quite a crowd at the bar.Special Features:
- Burgers were so-so, but servicePastry123Dined on 10/10/2012Burgers were so-so, but service was good. Probably won't be back.
- Good Burger PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/29/2012Good food and drink. We had a party of 4, everybody was happy with their burger selections and pleased with the beers that were available. Will definitely return when in the area. The appetizers were creative and well-done and the fries were delicious!Special Features:
- Wish it was closer!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2012First time there, it was great, just wish it was closer to my house!Special Features:
- I had the bacon cheeseburgerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2012I had the bacon cheeseburger with fries. I ordered it medium and it was a bit undercooked. The tomato was tough to bite into and the fries were way too salty. The wait staff was pretty good and there was loud music. It's not a place for a romantic dinner but it's a good neighborhood spot with outdoor dining if you want a casual local place to hang out with friends.Special Features:
- Although known for their terrificLionheartDined on 7/29/2012Although known for their terrific burgers, not to be missed are the outstanding eggs benedict.Special Features:
- Sushi platter was great, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/13/2012Sushi platter was great, service great, got us to our movie within an hourSpecial Features:
- Annoyed that I was told athelilpastrychefDined on 7/4/2012Annoyed that I was told a 25 min wait for 2 people when there were plenty of tables around. Went onto open table to look for other restaurants instead but say a reservation slot available for 10 mins later. This doesn't make sense to me but we were seated after making the reservation. Staff not that attentive but our server did put some effort in and was friendly. I think he was stuck waiting all the tables though so we left a 20% tip anyways. Ask for fries to be cooked longer otherwise they come pale and limp.
- 5 Napkin Burger has a no frills,NonameVIPDined on 7/4/20125 Napkin Burger has a no frills, sports bar atmosphere. Ambiance may not be outstanding but their burgers are. It's hard to find burgers that are juicy, substantial, reasonably priced and are made out of good cuts of meat; 5 Napkin Burger accomplshed all this. In addition, the sweet potato fries were crisp and delicious. The only issue was that the restaurant was relatively empty, yet it took a long time to get our drinks. We had just started our drinks when the food was served.Special Features:
- Burgers!mjovisVIPDined on 6/17/2012Excellent hamburgers. Burgers have original combinations of ingredients. Although I wasn't drinking, they appear to have an unending selection of beers. But not the place for a romantic evening out. Very noisy, even on a Sunday evening (although the outside tables seemed to be quieter), and bare-bones decor.Special Features:
- changed, ut not for the betterdehillerinVIPDined on 5/30/2012The food hasn't changed. But the Astoria branch now emphasizes a gigantic sports screen, free food for kiddies (with adults who eat) up to 7 pm, and a louder soundtrack than ever. Management was really reluctant to turn on the air conditioning on a sultry evening. so it was far from peaceful, and this is not a positive change in my opinion.