5 Napkin Burger - Hell's Kitchen
630 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
5 Napkin Burger - Hell's Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.5napkinburger.com/
- Phone: 2127572277x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Andy D
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 5 Napkin Burger - Hell's Kitchen
5 Napkin Burger caters to those with the most discerning appetites. We offer a rare mix of classic and innovative burgers, tacos, grilled tuna salads and everything in between. Pair that with a custom cocktail, local lager or s’mores shake as you kick back or mingle in our bustling bistro setting. We welcome carnivores and vegetarians. We’re hosts to scenesters, professionals and families. We believe the burger experience is no loner one-way-fits-all and we hope you’ll join us in changing that definition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
5 Napkin Burger - Hell's Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
273 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (125)great for lunch (124)fit for foodies (84)hot spot (82)good for groups (71)kid-friendly (70)late-night find (61)great for outdoor dining (37)great for brunch (37)vibrant bar scene (33)special occasion (14)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)romantic (2)Show More
- 2 Napkins BurgerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014The taste was ok but it's too expensive for what you get. It should be called 2 Napkins Burgers instead of 5 Napkins Burger. I got one piece of lettuce and no condiments on my burger. This place is mediocre at best. You pay for the locationSpecial Features:
- Good burgers and eggsAnnabearDined on 10/18/2014Seems like the burgers, eggs, and even milkshakes are lovely here. The eggs benedict were perfectly done with a nice smooth hollaindaise sauce. Saturday afternoons are pretty crowded you absolutely need a reservation. Overall a well attended restaurant and the medium beef burgers look great too and are a good portion size. I wanted to try the sweet potato fries but I didn't get a chance but they looked thick cut and good too. Overall this is an All American dining experience, and the chattiness of the clientele ensure it's a lively place good for people watching.Special Features:
- AmazingCaliguyDined on 10/15/2014Best burger place in NYC. Best service, reasonably priced, clean, fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gluten free foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Tkd for the gluten free food, GF beer. To he be able to eat a burger and drink beer in a restaurant give's me a great pleasure. MarcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, too loudwbongyDined on 10/11/2014Not the best place for older people, but the food was outstanding and so was the service. The prices were great. Would reccommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not such a great timeMichelleGVIPDined on 10/11/2014We've eaten here on many occasions and this time it seemed busier than usual - more rushed service. Nothing special. We had a 4:30pm reservation and arrived on time. There were several empty booths and asked if we could have one. The hostess told us that those seats were "reserved for 5:00pm patrons". What? Nonsense. So we were stuck at a small table for 2 mooshed in the crowd. Kind of unpleasant really. Will really re-think going back here again.Special Features:
- A great burgerYououghtaknowDined on 10/10/2014I'm sure there are better burgers in the city, but this place has GREAT ones. Count on the quality and count on your order being accurate. If you don't beef very pink, ask for it well done because 'medium well' here is closer to a common medium rare.Special Features:
- Burgers and noisesandy17Dined on 10/10/2014Five Napkin Burger has been one of my favorite restaurants for years. However, the noise level is overwhelming. Loud music is playing and everyone is trying to shout over the music. It was very uncomfortable. Their burgers are great but I will only go when I can eat outside.Special Features:
- Too noisyEileenVIPDined on 10/9/2014The music was so loud that I could not have a conversation with the person across the table from me. I have great empathy for the restaurant workers. Persons with hearing deficits would be very uncomfortable here.
- MichellePickyFoodieDined on 10/9/2014My burger was cooked perfectly, tasted great in the onion rings were awesome. Although I did feel a little rushed by the service everyone was still very courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for pre theater lunchTheaterfoodieDined on 10/8/2014Our party of four had different types of burgers, all terrific. I had the veggie burger which Is very different from the usual and quite delicious. The staff is very accommodating about toppings allowing you to personalize. The only complaint is the roll for the veggie burger which we found out after the fact is dairy free and very dry. This is a much better choice than many of the other restaurants around the theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYCboomerDined on 10/7/2014Food was excellent but portions are small and you do not get enough for your money. Somewhat overpriced for a burger and fries. Very noisy. But I would go again since the menu was very inventive and I would like to try some of the other menu items.Special Features:
- Great place to go for dinnerSavvyeaterNYCDined on 10/6/2014Food was very good & our waiter was extremely attentive. My out of town guests were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014The best burgers in NY. Food and service are consistently excellent. I keep going back for more.Special Features:
- way too noiseyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014We expected noise in a NYC restaurant,but even yelling we could barely hear the server or the other people in our party. Food was rated good but it took a very long time to serve our burgers.
- Good for a splurge!QualityFrugalityVIPDined on 9/28/2014I don't often have a burger, but when I do, I want it to be REALLY good - and 5 Napkin Burger does the trick. The Original with Onion Rings. Divine delicious decadence!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Went after broadway show around the block. Very convenient to theater. Food was deliious, and service was quick and friendlySpecial Features:
- 5 Napkin Burgertlr1028Dined on 9/26/2014I had the blue cheeseburger with ff. It was cooked to the perfect medium temp as requested. The service and ambiance was good. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After theater treatSaxon212Dined on 9/25/2014Came here with my mother in law who is a fussy eater, after seeing Kinky Boots only a block away, and she said it was the best burger she ever had. Service was also friendly and super fast.Special Features:
- Great food for casual dinningTreasurehunterNJDined on 9/25/2014Terrific burgers and very good sushi! Service was very attentive even with the restaurant completely full. Seated promptly with reservation. No complaints!Special Features:
- Great PlaceRifralexDined on 9/24/2014Lived up to expectations, excellent service, and the food was great, want to come back again to try other menu choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014the food and service was very good. The location was also very good to all the broadway theaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love a great burger!!luvNYfoodVIPDined on 9/23/2014This is one of my favorite spots for a great burger. The Original 5 Napkin Burger with gruyere cheese, caramelized onions and rosemary aioli is worth my once-a-year burger feast! Sweet potato fries were a good side! You definitely don't leave this restaurant hungry!Special Features:
- Nice place, awesome restaurantSENCIONDined on 9/20/2014Food, drinks, decoration of the place, everything at this restaurant is carefully thought and put into place. Loved the chesse and beacon burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Napkin BurgerShoilDined on 9/20/2014Love the food. Great service. Never rushed out. Energetic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy place, great foodburpyDined on 9/19/2014A busy restaurant on 9th Ave - Restaurant Row. Stands out as one of the better places to eat along this famous stretch of restaurants. They have a fantastic Ahi Tuna Burger that melts in your mouth. A little pricey, but not for the area. long, quality beer list too. And try the 1 lb. Kobe beef hot dog to share as an appetizer among friends. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hell's Kitchen FavoriteCoconnorDined on 9/17/2014We visit 5 Napkin Burger almost every time we are in NYC. Hard to pass up the great burgers! Shakes are awesome (they come in the old fashioned silver soda fountain cups they are mixed in), sit outside if you can. Neighborhood is lively all hours of the day. Onion rings are delicious. I had the chicken and waffles and they were awesome but the burger is the draw. Great beer list. Wait staff is attentive but doesn't hover. Can't go wrong with a visit to 5 Napkin Burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in noisy environmentiljoesjinDined on 9/17/2014The food is great, but the restaurant is very crowded and tables are very close to each other. Therefore it's quite noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REALLY ENJOYEDLuv2eatVIPDined on 9/17/2014The food was great and so was the service. Enjoyed it and will be back.Special Features:
- grat burgersslyonsDined on 9/14/2014Great burgers and outstanding selection of appetizersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Burgers at "5 Napkin Burger'gwbnycDined on 9/14/2014Four of us had hamburgers at the Hells Kichen location of '5 Napkin Burgers'. Hamburgers were delicious, service was very attentive, and the only downside is the noise level of this place is loud. Having said that the 4 of us were able to converse without actaully screaming at each other. So its noisy but not overwhelming although it did seem so when we first got there. My well-done bacon-cheddar burger was very good; it was moist too which I don't expect of well-done beef. The hamburgers come with lettuce and tomato, and shoestring potatoes come with the meal. The menu is large - if you're not into hamburgers there are many other choices on the menu. Full beer, wind, and liquor list as well. Make reservations to avoid waiting.
- DecentErikDined on 9/12/2014We had two different burgers since we had read that these should be great. We were not very impressed, but maybe we had too high expectations. The burger itself was quite good but I lacked some freshness to the meal. It was a bit too much without any vegetables and fresh sauce/salsa, but this is perhaps my personal view. But if you don't mind a heavy meal this is not bad.
- 1st timerRSP1Dined on 9/12/2014Our party of two was seated promptly and our request for a booth was accommodated. Waiter and staff was friendly and attentive. Our burgers were juicy and cooked med well as expected. We did not feel rushed at all and finished with a yummy s'mores shake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StevieVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great place to eat if you can get a table. It's always busy.Special Features:
- salad/burgerRobinbirdVIPDined on 9/9/2014Love to come to 5 Napkin pre-theater when we don't want a bigger meal. Love the salad with turkey burger on top, my new fave. They were very happy to give me sauteed mushrooms on the side. Sweet potato fries are outrageous!!Special Features:
- freddiVIPDined on 9/9/2014the waiter was outstanding.the food was very good .it was a great pretheater findSpecial Features:
- Great burger!CamilleDined on 9/6/2014Try the original 5napkin burger. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great burgerNickDined on 9/6/2014Was looking for a quick lunch spot on our last day in NYC. Found this place on Opentable and decided to give it a try. The burgers were cooked exactly the way we ordered it and were delicious. There were a variety of items on the menu including sushi but we decided to just go there for the hamburgers and they were pretty large. Definitely enough to fill us while we did our last minute shopping before catching our flight back home. Make sure to make reservations though. When we got there it was empty but right at 12 it got packed very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out as usualDinernatorDined on 9/1/20145 Napkin is incredibly consistent. The food is satisfying and the ambiance is just what you'd expect and want from a night out in midtown. Fun, boisterous, energetic. The food is great and the service is friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotSc1974Dined on 8/31/2014It's a spot to go when you want things to be simple, great and cool. Service is impeccable, the cooking of the burger is absolutely perfect and with a blink of an eye, someone is there to help, and the ambiance is one of a place where patrons are happy... and this for the 3rd time in a row. I will be back! I have recommended it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.