5 Napkin Burger - Hell's Kitchen
630 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
5 Napkin Burger - Hell's Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.5napkinburger.com/
- Phone: (212) 757-2277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Andy D
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 5 Napkin Burger - Hell's Kitchen
5 Napkin Burger caters to those with the most discerning appetites. We offer a rare mix of classic and innovative burgers, tacos, grilled tuna salads and everything in between. Pair that with a custom cocktail, local lager or s’mores shake as you kick back or mingle in our bustling bistro setting. We welcome carnivores and vegetarians. We’re hosts to scenesters, professionals and families. We believe the burger experience is no loner one-way-fits-all and we hope you’ll join us in changing that definition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
5 Napkin Burger - Hell's Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
278 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (128)great for lunch (119)hot spot (97)fit for foodies (86)good for groups (71)kid-friendly (62)late-night find (57)great for brunch (37)vibrant bar scene (36)great for outdoor dining (32)special occasion (15)notable wine list (5)scenic view (3)romantic (3)Show More
- just okayNewyorknanaDined on 11/22/2014burger okay. could not be sure there was cheese under the aioli. fries good. artichoke dip barely enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theatre dinner! Exactly right!!EffieVIPDined on 11/21/2014Great pre-theatre dinner! Exactly right!! Delicious and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger-lisciousAndyhofDined on 11/16/2014Nabbed a reservation via open table.. And glad I did as this location fills up. Prompt service good juicy burger a pinch pricey for a burger and fries but it was a post show treat for me and my daughter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not All ThatOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/16/2014My husband and I ate here on the recommendation of a friend. The burger was dry as a bone. the shake watery and the hostess Stephanie RUDE!!!! We asked for a booth as our Open Table Reservation had documented and she lied and said there was a large party of 12 coming in and they wanted this particular booth. Her suggestion was that we sit by the kitchen door! I said NO WAY! she finally capitulated and we got the aforementioned booth. I felt like I won this booth in a fight. NOT conducive to a leisurely lunch! We were there about 2 hrs. Service was extremely SLOW. and needless to say NO large group ever showed up! And if they were to come 12 people could NOT fit in a booth for 4! NOT RETURNING!!!
- Happening Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/15/2014We made Open Table reservations and were seated immediately - despite the fact that the place was totally mobbed and it was a Saturday night! Service was great! A lot of fun, very energetic and loud, but in a good way. Disappointed they had run out of T-Shirts! Food was very good and served in an eclectic manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- long distance eaterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Hard to find service and burgers like this in London. However, New York seems to be packed with places where you can find a good burger. Hells kitchen provided me with not only my favourite place to get a beer (the pony bar), pizza (don Antonio) was close to everything including Broadway, so it was only fitting that this excellent restaurant was there. Excellent service, drink ordered very quickly and food delivered with speed. I was dining by myself as travelling alone so this was important as waiting around can be awkward. The burger was could to perfection and was perfect size. Would recommend booking in the evening as it's busy. But definitely worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbearably Noisyrhp746Dined on 11/11/2014The food was fabulous, best hamburger ever...had it with a salad. Good for dieters!! Service was excellent. The noise level was so high from music and diners that we couldn't have a conversationSpecial Features:
- Best Burger Ever!joannemclark23Dined on 11/10/2014Went here for burgers with my husband and teenage kids (17) and although the tables are a bit close it has a cool atmosphere and was a busy and popular spot. Our server was professional but not very warm- she could have been friendlier ? but the food was soooo good! Best burger ever! Thoroughly enjoyed our meal and would recommend this chain to anyone- great food and worth the price ( burgers are $16.95 and up )Special Features:
- Great Burgers but Lotsa NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014A great place after a Sunday matinee to feed hungry teenagers! The food was very good and the service was excellent and a fun atmosphere. The only drawback was the noise. They have the music at a level that requires you to shout across the table. I would only come back with my teenagers. Turn the music down and I would be back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BurgersOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2014Had the Original Burger it was very nice. Will try to replicate it at home one of these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long queueMrMallorcaDined on 11/8/2014There was a long queue till outside the Restaurant.. Noisy inside but food was good, although, I have eaten better fries before...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HamburgersmjltVIPDined on 11/8/2014I ordered burger medium rare and it was rare. Sent it back and it came out medium. A little disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome every time!LaurenklrDined on 11/5/2014This was maybe my fifth time at the restaurant, the food is always cooked to perfection. The cocktails are always on point and the service is both fast and friendly. Great experience totally worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have seen much better.YabaduuDined on 11/4/2014Having been here before, this time it was a bit if a downer. Perhaps it was my expectations.Special Features:
- Burger before theaterKnitterVIPDined on 11/4/2014Seems to be a popular spot. Great burgers and fries. The special beer of the month was a very tasty blend of flavors and trying a sample first was appreciated. Very nice waiter, but the staff is trained to get you in and out, you have to be firm to let them know that you want more than 45 minutes to eat dinner after work before you go to theater. Will go back.
- Must visit for burger loversUptown2luvVIPDined on 11/3/2014This is the best burger ever!! My son recommended it. Now I go every trip to NYC. Try it. You will come back too!! The original burger is fabulous!!Special Features:
- Post-marathon reward - Burgers!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/2/2014We celebrated finishing the NYC marathon by finding this great burger specialty restaurant. It had a great energetic vibe, great service, and of course, a great burger selection. I had the blue cheese and mushroom burger and it was perfectly prepared on a fresh bun and a side of fries. My wife had the classic burger with onion rings. She said the rings were fantastic! We also celebrated with a local beer from Brooklyn. A great way to celebrate!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!DragynAllyDined on 11/1/2014Love this place! After 3 times the food and service have been right on. I've never had a long wait and the food is consistently great. Only down side is it's loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Good BurgerSparkyDined on 10/31/2014Busy and noisy but great location, really good beef burger, and absolutely terrific waiter. This was my first time, but I would definitely go again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch with friendsFreddav1Dined on 10/31/2014The burgers are outstanding, but a bit overpriced. Sides & salads also excellent. Friends had come from Philadelphia to meet us, so we were at table for 2 & a half ours; the staff didn't rush us. Very much appreciated!Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/30/2014Was seated in a poor spot next to a side door that allowed blasts of cold air to bursh against us making the exp. DO NOT GET SEATED HERE IT IS NOT COMFORTABLE - The door should be locked during these timesSpecial Features:
- ValidoBimbogigiDined on 10/30/2014Locale carino sull’angolo 45St e 9Av, offre principalmente hamburger accompagnati da una ampia scelta di birre; abbiamo preso un “5 napkin original” e una “burger salad”: buona la carne e i gli altri ingredienti (cipolle caramellate, gruviera), cosi come l’insalata, mentre le patatine non erano il massimo; buono anche il cheesecake; la dimensione non è quella che ci si aspetta tipicamente negli USA, anzi è relativamente piccolo, anche se nel complesso è buono; valida alternativa da considerare se dotati di prenotazione per evitare lunghe atteseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/30/2014This is the best burger I've ever had anywhere. Although the restaurant was very busy, service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014The food was awesome & service was great!! Tables are too close together- it's hard to get in or out of the table and you're super close to the next table!! Our waiter was awesome!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014This restaurant did not live up to its reputation on your site. The food was average at best. It definitely was not a 10oz burger and the fries were not tasty. Service mediocre. Crowded seating.
- Always a pleasuremattywhitsVIPDined on 10/26/2014I always enjoy coming to this 5 napkin when I'm in the theatre district. The food is consistently delicious and the service is consistently fantastic. Our server Andre was delightful and attentive and made the whole experience even better. And the burgers, as usual, were to die for. Yay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burger, friendly staffThomasDined on 10/25/2014Very nice burger restaurant. I had the original 5Napkin burger without looking at the menu good enough. There might be better burgers on the menu. The burger is a bit messy but the taste is great. So are the waiters. Would go there again!Special Features:
- BEST BURGER EVER!!!VinnieCDined on 10/21/2014I can honestly say that 5 Napkin is one of my Favorite Restaurants in all of NYC. It is hands down my Favorite Burger in the entire world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hits the spot!LADYEDined on 10/21/2014This is a great restaurant for before theater dining. The food is great. The service is quick. It is way too noisy for serious dining but perfect when you want really good food quickly.Special Features:
- Must visitJerry25Dined on 10/20/2014We came especialy from Holland for the taste of your burgers and we liked it very much!Special Features:
- 2 Napkins Burger2not5burgersDined on 10/18/2014The taste was ok but it's too expensive for what you get. It should be called 2 Napkins Burgers instead of 5 Napkins Burger. I got one piece of lettuce and no condiments on my burger. This place is mediocre at best. You pay for the locationSpecial Features:
- Good burgers and eggsAnnabearDined on 10/18/2014Seems like the burgers, eggs, and even milkshakes are lovely here. The eggs benedict were perfectly done with a nice smooth hollaindaise sauce. Saturday afternoons are pretty crowded you absolutely need a reservation. Overall a well attended restaurant and the medium beef burgers look great too and are a good portion size. I wanted to try the sweet potato fries but I didn't get a chance but they looked thick cut and good too. Overall this is an All American dining experience, and the chattiness of the clientele ensure it's a lively place good for people watching.Special Features:
- AmazingCaliguyDined on 10/15/2014Best burger place in NYC. Best service, reasonably priced, clean, fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gluten free foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Tkd for the gluten free food, GF beer. To he be able to eat a burger and drink beer in a restaurant give's me a great pleasure. MarcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, too loudwbongyDined on 10/11/2014Not the best place for older people, but the food was outstanding and so was the service. The prices were great. Would reccommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not such a great timeMichelleGVIPDined on 10/11/2014We've eaten here on many occasions and this time it seemed busier than usual - more rushed service. Nothing special. We had a 4:30pm reservation and arrived on time. There were several empty booths and asked if we could have one. The hostess told us that those seats were "reserved for 5:00pm patrons". What? Nonsense. So we were stuck at a small table for 2 mooshed in the crowd. Kind of unpleasant really. Will really re-think going back here again.Special Features:
- A great burgerYououghtaknowDined on 10/10/2014I'm sure there are better burgers in the city, but this place has GREAT ones. Count on the quality and count on your order being accurate. If you don't beef very pink, ask for it well done because 'medium well' here is closer to a common medium rare.Special Features:
- Burgers and noisesandy17Dined on 10/10/2014Five Napkin Burger has been one of my favorite restaurants for years. However, the noise level is overwhelming. Loud music is playing and everyone is trying to shout over the music. It was very uncomfortable. Their burgers are great but I will only go when I can eat outside.Special Features:
- Too noisyEileenVIPDined on 10/9/2014The music was so loud that I could not have a conversation with the person across the table from me. I have great empathy for the restaurant workers. Persons with hearing deficits would be very uncomfortable here.
- MichellePickyFoodieDined on 10/9/2014My burger was cooked perfectly, tasted great in the onion rings were awesome. Although I did feel a little rushed by the service everyone was still very courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.