5 Napkin Burger - Hell's Kitchen
630 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
5 Napkin Burger - Hell's Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.5napkinburger.com/
- Phone: 2127572277x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Andy D
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 5 Napkin Burger - Hell's Kitchen
5 Napkin Burger is an upscale restaurant devoted to the art of the hamburger. The signature is 10 oz of fresh ground chuck topped with rosemary aioli, caramelized onions and melted gruyere on a soft white roll. The full burger lineup includes the all-American Bacon Cheddar, Italian Turkey, Avocado Ranch, Veggie, Lamb, Tuna, Inside Out, even a Burger Salad. While the burgers may be the headliners, the diverse menu of expertly prepared American classics entice foodies to come back nightly. 5 Napkin is the rare burger restaurant where vegetarians and carnivores are equally at home. Additional temptations include Matzo Ball Soup, Chicken & Waffles and Steak Churrasco. The 5 Napkin beverage programs showcases a global selection of 40 wines and 50 beers, 15 signature cocktails, 20 bourbons and a host of decadent milk shakes and floats – all a perfect complement to the cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
5 Napkin Burger - Hell's Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
270 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (136)neighborhood gem (116)kid-friendly (82)fit for foodies (78)good for groups (77)hot spot (68)late-night find (56)great for outdoor dining (47)great for brunch (46)vibrant bar scene (28)special occasion (18)scenic view (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great selectionFinke43VIPDined on 8/29/2014Great variety of food fir the finicky family. Burgers to sushi to matzo ball soup all goodSpecial Features:
- Great find and never a long wait!woodsyDined on 8/21/2014We had amazing service and food. Were able to make a last minute reso on a Thursday night. Brought out of town guests who are picky eaters and they were very happy with their meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!FirstTimerDined on 8/21/2014Chose 5 Napkin based in reviews and did not disappoint! Perfect casual dinner before Broadway show! Loved the wasabi deviled eggs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/20/2014We went early for a pre-theater lunch and very glad to have arrived early. The vibrant NYC crowd was well managed. The restaurant was filled and a line started forming by noon. But we were not rushed; the wait-staff was extremely friendly and efficient. The burgers and a chopped salad were enjoyed throughly. [Very juicy/flavorful burger.] Often the best indicator is not whether something goes wrong, but the reaction when it does. There was an understandable mis-cue with our order, which was quickly and pleasantly corrected. They earned a definite recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BurgerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Very good burger, rare is still a little raw. First timers should stick with the original 5 napkin burger.Special Features:
- Yum!SeymourEvilDined on 8/12/2014Delicious! We were there on 8/12 & an hour early but our hostess was friendly and was able to seat us. Our waitress was great and super friendly! Hubby had a burger which he said was one of the best burgers he has ever eaten. My aunt had a caesar salad which she loved & I had the veggie burger which was very different, it was shredded veggies formed into a patty then grilled which was delicious! I added bleu cheese & avocado & WOW! Reg & sweet potato fries were delicious. Pass on the cheddar tots which were cheese flavored mashed potatoes deep fried in little nugget shapes. They were unfortunately bland. The cucumber soda & iced tea were overly sweet. But other than that the food was top notch and service great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SqueakDined on 8/10/2014Loved the atmosphere and the décor oh and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 napkin burger -bells kitchen40KaratsDined on 8/10/2014All good! Burgers perfect! Wait staff very nice and accomadating.Special Features:
- Would visit againJinxieCatDined on 8/9/2014I love my Ahi Tuna burger! I thought the food and the service was GREAT.Special Features:
- awesome burger jointAngieDined on 8/8/2014we love coming here and have been several times. it's always a hit. the food is delicious and there's nothing like a good burger when you want one. we have a gluten allergy to deal with as well and their gluten free burgers are better than most we've ever had. definitely recommend 5 napkin burger to anybody looking for a good meal in a fun place.Special Features:
- Great food. Not so great waiter.TexasvisitorsDined on 8/7/2014We've always had great service there before. Food came wrong. We finally just ate it wrong. Nobody checked with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised by excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014I have dined here with my husband several times. This was his birthday--he loves the stuffed olives in his martinis and I like the Mahi-Mahi Tacos. This time was different though as our service was the best ever. It used to seem understaffed--and I was concerned this time as we had a show to catch later. Not the case at all. We were sat within five minutes of our reservation on a busy night and the server was prompt and wonderful. I don't mind noise level and close quarters if the food is good and service fantastic--as both were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place For KidsSanibelleDined on 8/7/2014We needed an appropriate place to take our grandchildren ages 11 and 14 after the theater and 5 Napkin Burger fit the bill. My husband said it was the best burger he had ever had, and my grandson enjoyed his cheeseburger. My granddaughter and I had salads and my small chopped salad was outstanding. The fries were hand cut and very good, but the onion rings were not worth ordering. They do accept a limited number of reservations through Open Table, which was a plus. My only complaint is that they only give you one napkin (a large cloth one), but you can easily use two or more.Special Features:
- Best Burger ...Schimi1975Dined on 8/7/2014I like 5 Napkin Burger very much as they serve delicious food at a reasonable price! Good to know for people with a celiac disease / they even offer gluten free bread, so get your gluten free burger there!Special Features:
- Great Burger JointFoodieDined on 8/5/2014My daughter and I went there for lunch and the burgers were outstanding. She had the original burger and I had the lamb burger. You must also order the onion rings and sweet potato fries. They were delicious too! For dessert we shared the root beer float. Everything was very yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bharDined on 8/3/2014Loved the relaxed feel of the restaurant. I ordered the original burger. It was outstanding, well done as I asked, but not crispy as sometimes happens. My husband had the classic and said it was delicious! We shared a chopped salad and it was perfect with just the right amount of dressing. When we left I told my husband that it was the best burger I have ever had and he agreed. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- AWESOME DININGeaglesfoodiefanDined on 8/2/2014Lunch was perfection the burger cooked exactly as I like it. Service was above and beyond. I always like to go to 5 napkin when I am in NYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before theaterFinke43VIPDined on 8/1/2014One of our favorites before a show great burgers, beer and lots of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 napkinDutchFamDined on 7/31/2014Although the food was quite good, the burger was not "5 napkin big"....Alright, the meat was good, the burger thick, the quality okay, but not "5 napkin"... We enjoyed it. BUT....absolutely smashing was the shake we had for desert. Never tasted this ever before somewhere in the world....Go on Napkin, we had a wonderful evening, only make your burger 1 inch bigger... Then you are the champion !Special Features:
- Exactly what it should be!!ExperteaterVIPDined on 7/31/2014I am not from NYC and everyone was telling me to go to Shake Shack but the idea if eating off paper/styrofoam wasn't what I had in mind. 5 Napkin was awesome! The guacamole appetizer was great and the Bavarian pretzels cheese fondue was beyond my expectations! And the burgers are outstanding!! Cooked perfectly! I got the Original 5 Napkin and the only thing I can say is that it was really rich. I am usually a plain burger girl, but I went out in a limb. It's was delicious and worth it:-) The bacon cheeseburger was equally delicious (my husband had that one). I would highly reco and order a margarita to go with you dinner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again and againSimonDined on 7/31/2014First-class burgers, hands down delicious! I can't wait for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot on!UchafDined on 7/30/2014Food was all delicious, service was absolutely excellent from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!tiamariaDined on 7/30/2014We got stuck in traffic and arrived 30 mins late, but we called ahead to warn them and they couldn't have been more helpful. Despite having a lot of people waiting for a table, they kept our reservation for us and when we told them we were short of time because we were going to a show, they also served our meal super fast! This place has a very lively atmosphere, the food was great and the staff very helpful.Special Features:
- Happy Day!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014We had a problem with some of our party arriving late because of traffic. They were extremely accommodating - pushed our reservation ahead one half hour. Seated us at the new time even though our guests were still not there and held their order in the kitchen until they arrived. We could not be more pleased with the staff! --Special Features:
- Overall really good!BirthdayDinerDined on 7/29/2014Service was a little slow and abrupt, but the food is always great as it was today. Will be back soon!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/28/2014The burgers are good and so is the butter lobster!Special Features:
- Great finddavemcDined on 7/27/2014Food is great. Our order was at our table in less than 10 minutes. Recommend reservations. It gets busy. Will be back every visit to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, reasonable, poor endingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Food was great! Fried pickels with pastrami was awesome. Lamb Kofka, Lobster special, and burgers were all delish. Dessert was really good too. Gave my daughter a candle and sang for her birthday. Problem was...did not get milk or coffee..at all. Waiter was absent. The bus boy brought day old, ice cold, decaf coffee. Manager gave us desserts on the house for the inconvenience which was nice. By this time, we just wanted to get going back to Jersey. The waiter took took several orders on a busy evening with our bill tucked under his arm and took nearly 30 minutes to bring us our completed bill. "Don't make it worse" is a saying in my businesss. The waiter, unfortunately made it worse, so it was reflected in his tip.Special Features:
- Great for young peopleWASCLOSEDDined on 7/26/2014Not quiet at all. Very noisy but OK. Great burgers.Special Features:
- YummyAleneDined on 7/26/2014Excellent burgers & sweet potato fries...wonderful service...great vibe. A bit too noisy...yet I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- hamburger in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014Hamburger's were really juicy and large.. but noise was so loud in the restaurant you can hardly hear anyone. I've had better french fries and onion rings at other places. I made a reservation via opentable but they made us wait for 20 minutes near the bar while there was an open table with no one sitting there for the entire time until I went over and had to say something. I think if I didn't we'd still be waiting for a table. We stopped by before seeing a play so you do get served pretty quickly. It's not outstanding..just ok.Special Features:
- Consistently good!warningDined on 7/23/2014We love this place. Food is excellent, prices are moderate and service is excellent!Special Features:
- Good food fun people watchingHurleyDined on 7/22/2014All food ordered was great. Ask for an outside table if the weather is nice. The wasabi deviled eggs were tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, wonderful food!!!!!!RissaDined on 7/21/2014Burgers were wonderful! Service was just as good! Great for a late night dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress very abrupt with attitudeLuv2travelDined on 7/20/2014Had 2 ask twice for a straw for drinks, food came out wrong and was not hotSpecial Features:
- BurgersfamilyDined on 7/16/2014Great choice on theater district. Fries crispy and burger greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Burger JointsBX2MLadyDined on 7/15/2014Made a reservation on a Tuesday night and glad I did. The place was busy but the staff worked so efficiently that you didn't notice. We were seated and greeted in a timely manner. Wait staff were very attentive and nice. Food did not take long to come out and was delicious. I recommend the original 5 Napkin Burger and sweet potato fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burger; average friesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014I read the back and forth internet banter between 5 Napkin supporters and Shake Shack disciples. 5 Napkin blows Shake Shack out of the water. 5 Napkin is a real burger, Shack Shack has overpriced fast food burgers. I will say that I was not impressed with 5 Napkins fries, however. They were okay, but nothing special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Really good and tasty sandwich! Fries also excellent! Recommend to anyone who really likes sandwiches 😋Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pet peeve...RobinVIPDined on 7/13/2014is to be told to follow the person who is going to seat you and mid-way being told to back up because the table isn't ready...and that happened at 5 Napkin Burger.