5 Napkin Burger - Hell's Kitchen
630 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
5 Napkin Burger - Hell's Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.5napkinburger.com/
- Phone: 2127572277x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Andy D
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 5 Napkin Burger - Hell's Kitchen
5 Napkin Burger is an upscale restaurant devoted to the art of the hamburger. The signature is 10 oz of fresh ground chuck topped with rosemary aioli, caramelized onions and melted gruyere on a soft white roll. The full burger lineup includes the all-American Bacon Cheddar, Italian Turkey, Avocado Ranch, Veggie, Lamb, Tuna, Inside Out, even a Burger Salad. While the burgers may be the headliners, the diverse menu of expertly prepared American classics entice foodies to come back nightly. 5 Napkin is the rare burger restaurant where vegetarians and carnivores are equally at home. Additional temptations include Matzo Ball Soup, Chicken & Waffles and Steak Churrasco. The 5 Napkin beverage programs showcases a global selection of 40 wines and 50 beers, 15 signature cocktails, 20 bourbons and a host of decadent milk shakes and floats – all a perfect complement to the cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
5 Napkin Burger - Hell's Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (127)neighborhood gem (127)fit for foodies (82)good for groups (79)kid-friendly (78)hot spot (73)late-night find (54)great for outdoor dining (42)great for brunch (39)vibrant bar scene (33)special occasion (13)scenic view (3)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Good for a splurge!QualityFrugalityVIPDined on 9/28/2014I don't often have a burger, but when I do, I want it to be REALLY good - and 5 Napkin Burger does the trick. The Original with Onion Rings. Divine delicious decadence!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Went after broadway show around the block. Very convenient to theater. Food was deliious, and service was quick and friendlySpecial Features:
- 5 Napkin Burgertlr1028Dined on 9/26/2014I had the blue cheeseburger with ff. It was cooked to the perfect medium temp as requested. The service and ambiance was good. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After theater treatSaxon212Dined on 9/25/2014Came here with my mother in law who is a fussy eater, after seeing Kinky Boots only a block away, and she said it was the best burger she ever had. Service was also friendly and super fast.Special Features:
- Great food for casual dinningTreasurehunterNJDined on 9/25/2014Terrific burgers and very good sushi! Service was very attentive even with the restaurant completely full. Seated promptly with reservation. No complaints!Special Features:
- Great PlaceRifralexDined on 9/24/2014Lived up to expectations, excellent service, and the food was great, want to come back again to try other menu choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014the food and service was very good. The location was also very good to all the broadway theaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love a great burger!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/23/2014This is one of my favorite spots for a great burger. The Original 5 Napkin Burger with gruyere cheese, caramelized onions and rosemary aioli is worth my once-a-year burger feast! Sweet potato fries were a good side! You definitely don't leave this restaurant hungry!Special Features:
- Nice place, awesome restaurantSENCIONDined on 9/20/2014Food, drinks, decoration of the place, everything at this restaurant is carefully thought and put into place. Loved the chesse and beacon burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Napkin BurgerShoilDined on 9/20/2014Love the food. Great service. Never rushed out. Energetic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy place, great foodburpyDined on 9/19/2014A busy restaurant on 9th Ave - Restaurant Row. Stands out as one of the better places to eat along this famous stretch of restaurants. They have a fantastic Ahi Tuna Burger that melts in your mouth. A little pricey, but not for the area. long, quality beer list too. And try the 1 lb. Kobe beef hot dog to share as an appetizer among friends. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hell's Kitchen FavoriteCoconnorDined on 9/17/2014We visit 5 Napkin Burger almost every time we are in NYC. Hard to pass up the great burgers! Shakes are awesome (they come in the old fashioned silver soda fountain cups they are mixed in), sit outside if you can. Neighborhood is lively all hours of the day. Onion rings are delicious. I had the chicken and waffles and they were awesome but the burger is the draw. Great beer list. Wait staff is attentive but doesn't hover. Can't go wrong with a visit to 5 Napkin Burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in noisy environmentiljoesjinDined on 9/17/2014The food is great, but the restaurant is very crowded and tables are very close to each other. Therefore it's quite noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REALLY ENJOYEDLuv2eatVIPDined on 9/17/2014The food was great and so was the service. Enjoyed it and will be back.Special Features:
- grat burgersslyonsDined on 9/14/2014Great burgers and outstanding selection of appetizersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Burgers at "5 Napkin Burger'gwbnycDined on 9/14/2014Four of us had hamburgers at the Hells Kichen location of '5 Napkin Burgers'. Hamburgers were delicious, service was very attentive, and the only downside is the noise level of this place is loud. Having said that the 4 of us were able to converse without actaully screaming at each other. So its noisy but not overwhelming although it did seem so when we first got there. My well-done bacon-cheddar burger was very good; it was moist too which I don't expect of well-done beef. The hamburgers come with lettuce and tomato, and shoestring potatoes come with the meal. The menu is large - if you're not into hamburgers there are many other choices on the menu. Full beer, wind, and liquor list as well. Make reservations to avoid waiting.
- DecentErikDined on 9/12/2014We had two different burgers since we had read that these should be great. We were not very impressed, but maybe we had too high expectations. The burger itself was quite good but I lacked some freshness to the meal. It was a bit too much without any vegetables and fresh sauce/salsa, but this is perhaps my personal view. But if you don't mind a heavy meal this is not bad.
- 1st timerRSP1Dined on 9/12/2014Our party of two was seated promptly and our request for a booth was accommodated. Waiter and staff was friendly and attentive. Our burgers were juicy and cooked med well as expected. We did not feel rushed at all and finished with a yummy s'mores shake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StevieVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great place to eat if you can get a table. It's always busy.Special Features:
- salad/burgerRobinbirdVIPDined on 9/9/2014Love to come to 5 Napkin pre-theater when we don't want a bigger meal. Love the salad with turkey burger on top, my new fave. They were very happy to give me sauteed mushrooms on the side. Sweet potato fries are outrageous!!Special Features:
- freddiVIPDined on 9/9/2014the waiter was outstanding.the food was very good .it was a great pretheater findSpecial Features:
- Great burger!CamilleDined on 9/6/2014Try the original 5napkin burger. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great burgerNickDined on 9/6/2014Was looking for a quick lunch spot on our last day in NYC. Found this place on Opentable and decided to give it a try. The burgers were cooked exactly the way we ordered it and were delicious. There were a variety of items on the menu including sushi but we decided to just go there for the hamburgers and they were pretty large. Definitely enough to fill us while we did our last minute shopping before catching our flight back home. Make sure to make reservations though. When we got there it was empty but right at 12 it got packed very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out as usualDinernatorDined on 9/1/20145 Napkin is incredibly consistent. The food is satisfying and the ambiance is just what you'd expect and want from a night out in midtown. Fun, boisterous, energetic. The food is great and the service is friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotSc1974Dined on 8/31/2014It's a spot to go when you want things to be simple, great and cool. Service is impeccable, the cooking of the burger is absolutely perfect and with a blink of an eye, someone is there to help, and the ambiance is one of a place where patrons are happy... and this for the 3rd time in a row. I will be back! I have recommended it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could be betterHKguyVIPDined on 8/31/2014our waiter had a weird distribution of tables so he kept running outside and neglecting the ones sitting inside. Never bothered to come and refill water or anything - on a night when it was 80F, mind you. Food is good, just wish server was more attentious
- My favorite burger place in NY!djscinemaVIPDined on 8/31/2014I love Burgers and try to make a trip to 5 Napkins whenever i am in NY. They are always made perfect and don't taste greasy or too heavy! Definitely recommend if you have never tried them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgerscBiersDined on 8/29/2014Coming from Europe to the US for the first time, we had to eat an american burger. And we were not disappointed, the burgers are excellent! The guacamole we ordered as an appetizer was really good as well. When we arrived, our table wasn't ready yet (we arrived too early), so we went to the bar area to get a drink first. Our waiter was very friendly and service was really good. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to get a good burger. If you don't like crowded/loud places, this is not for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selectionFinke43VIPDined on 8/29/2014Great variety of food fir the finicky family. Burgers to sushi to matzo ball soup all goodSpecial Features:
- Great quality food, will be back!graeireDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant is brilliant, offering a great range of quality foods for a really reasonable price. It's has a local feel to it with people going on dates or for dinner after work. It could be considered a little loud since it's always very busy but it's never bothersome and only adds to the New York atmosphere. The burgers are some of the best I've ever had and any friends I've ever brought with me have agreed they'd go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodPaolaBDined on 8/24/2014One of the best Burger eaten in NYC. Recommended dessertSpecial Features:
- Great find and never a long wait!woodsyDined on 8/21/2014We had amazing service and food. Were able to make a last minute reso on a Thursday night. Brought out of town guests who are picky eaters and they were very happy with their meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!FirstTimerDined on 8/21/2014Chose 5 Napkin based in reviews and did not disappoint! Perfect casual dinner before Broadway show! Loved the wasabi deviled eggs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/20/2014We went early for a pre-theater lunch and very glad to have arrived early. The vibrant NYC crowd was well managed. The restaurant was filled and a line started forming by noon. But we were not rushed; the wait-staff was extremely friendly and efficient. The burgers and a chopped salad were enjoyed throughly. [Very juicy/flavorful burger.] Often the best indicator is not whether something goes wrong, but the reaction when it does. There was an understandable mis-cue with our order, which was quickly and pleasantly corrected. They earned a definite recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BurgerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Very good burger, rare is still a little raw. First timers should stick with the original 5 napkin burger.Special Features:
- Yum!SeymourEvilDined on 8/12/2014Delicious! We were there on 8/12 & an hour early but our hostess was friendly and was able to seat us. Our waitress was great and super friendly! Hubby had a burger which he said was one of the best burgers he has ever eaten. My aunt had a caesar salad which she loved & I had the veggie burger which was very different, it was shredded veggies formed into a patty then grilled which was delicious! I added bleu cheese & avocado & WOW! Reg & sweet potato fries were delicious. Pass on the cheddar tots which were cheese flavored mashed potatoes deep fried in little nugget shapes. They were unfortunately bland. The cucumber soda & iced tea were overly sweet. But other than that the food was top notch and service great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SqueakDined on 8/10/2014Loved the atmosphere and the décor oh and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 napkin burger -bells kitchen40KaratsDined on 8/10/2014All good! Burgers perfect! Wait staff very nice and accomadating.Special Features:
- Would visit againJinxieCatDined on 8/9/2014I love my Ahi Tuna burger! I thought the food and the service was GREAT.Special Features:
- awesome burger jointAngieDined on 8/8/2014we love coming here and have been several times. it's always a hit. the food is delicious and there's nothing like a good burger when you want one. we have a gluten allergy to deal with as well and their gluten free burgers are better than most we've ever had. definitely recommend 5 napkin burger to anybody looking for a good meal in a fun place.Special Features: