5 Napkin Burger- Boston
105 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02189Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
5 Napkin Burger- Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://5napkinburger.com/
- Phone: 6173752277x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andy D'Amico
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 5 Napkin Burger- Boston
5 Napkin Burger is an upscale restaurant devoted to the art of the hamburger. The signature is 10 oz of fresh ground chuck topped with rosemary aioli, caramelized onions and melted gruyere on a soft white roll. The full burger lineup includes the all-American Bacon Cheddar, Italian Turkey, Avocado Ranch, Veggie, Lamb, Tuna, Inside Out, even a Burger Salad. While the burgers may be the headliners, the diverse menu of expertly prepared American classics entice foodies to come back nightly. 5 Napkin is the rare burger restaurant where vegetarians and carnivores are equally at home. Additional temptations include Matzo Ball Soup, Chicken & Waffles and Steak Churrasco. The 5 Napkin beverage programs showcases a global selection of 40 wines and 50 beers, 15 signature cocktails, 20 bourbons and a host of decadent milk shakes and floats – all a perfect complement to the cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
5 Napkin Burger- Boston - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
5 Napkin Burger- Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (26)good for groups (18)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (3)scenic view (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good for kids and familyThePSfamDined on 8/2/2014The place has great food. They have the best blue cheese dressing I've ever had. Service was bad. Took a long time to get someone to notice us all through the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers and Budsoliverain8129Dined on 7/9/2014I came here for a reunion of sorts with a friend who is in America once a year and my boyfriend who is a burger snob. Both were impressed and delighted by the burgers and fries. Their burgers say 8 oz. but I think it may be bigger than that. At the prices they have too, 3 burgers and 3 drinks in the city for $50, its great. The waitress was attentive and nice.Special Features:
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/9/2014I've heard great things, but I was a little underwhelmed by the food - dry burgers and fries. I'm hoping it was just a fluke, so I will give it another try.Special Features:
- Good BurgerPriceyBurgerDined on 7/4/20145 Napkin had a good burger, however, vert pricey for what you get. Probably would not go back.Special Features:
- Great spot for a good burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Service was friendly & very good. The burger I ordered was cooked as I ordered & was a great recommendation from the server. The pastrami fried pickles were sensational!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyVIPDined on 6/24/2014Food and Service was excellent! Great place for a quick meal.Special Features:
- Good burgersBobNahantVIPDined on 6/23/2014Nothing real fancy here. But the burgers are quite good. Also have a nice selection of before dinner cocktails And a good beer listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite veggie burger!2dinersVIPDined on 6/18/2014Excellent service, not rushed and the best veggie burger I've ever had!Special Features:
- foodnotimpressedDined on 6/9/2014ordered a turkey burger that was not edible, the poor bartender was so busy i could not bother to send it back.
- PattyVVIPDined on 6/7/2014Blah. Not impressed. Ahi burger boring and tasteless. House specialty burger nothing special. We won't go back.
- More than burgersbaygirl21VIPDined on 6/7/2014Very impressed with the service and friendliness of the staff, from the hostesses to the waitstaff. They were attentive but not overbearing. The menu clearly has something for everyone. Hard to pass up the burgers, but other options make the choices a bit more difficult. Very good French fries. Also impressive - the food came to the table piping hot. Fries were not tepid, which happens in a lot of places. We were there about 5:30 on a Saturday, and it was easy to get a table. Nice that they have the outdoor dining which many opted for. Dining room offers lots of booths too. Good drinks from the bar.Special Features:
- Great Gourmet Burgers, Casual JointDCdesignerDined on 5/16/2014The burgers were tasty and portions generous. Well stocked bar, vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Convenient for MeetingCarpeDiem1Dined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed dining here for a special occasion with our party of 8 for brunch on Mother's Day. The staff was efficient and attentive. The food was all served hot and very tasty.Special Features:
- Over pricedmmello1261VIPDined on 5/7/2014Way over priced. Just because you're Downtown doesn't mean you can charge a fortune. Great food though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy burgersDianeVIPDined on 5/7/2014Went to Five Napkin for the 2nd time for lunch. The burger with avocado and ranch dressing was great. Fries were only so so ans they weren't very crispy.Special Features:
- disappointing lunch choiceKellyVIPDined on 4/26/2014We chose to eat here after visiting another location & having an excellent meal. However, we were very disappointed with our Saturday lunch. Although the place was not crowded, the service was horrendously slow. It took 20 minutes each time between drinks, ordering, food delivery, and getting our check- she seemed to disappear into the kitchen each time, taking forever to emerge. It made for a very long, drawn out lunch. Our burgers were ok, nothing spectacular and they certainly not worth $14 each. The sweet potato fries came out of the kitchen room temp and soggy, as if they were sitting out for far too long. I asked for a fresh batch of fries- and it appeared that they just microwaved the same plate. I expected more from 5 Napkin Burger
- Ok burgersAmandaDined on 4/25/2014I would return here for the sweet potato fries alone. I thought the burger was just ok, my boyfriend had been there previously and said it was one of the best burgers he had ever had. This time, he said it was just ok. Maybe a different chef behind the scenes? Who know? I might come back here.Special Features:
- A Great After Race MealncbeachgirlDined on 4/22/2014We had a wonderful time dining at 5 Napkin Burger. We went here after my husband completed his 4th Boston Marathon. We enjoyed a 26.2 Beer and we had a wonderful meal. It was convenient to our hotel and the atmosphere was alive with the excited of the marathon!Special Features:
- The following 409 reviews are from the 5 Napkin Burger- Boston reviews archive.
- Boston marathon dining choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/21/2014We were at the marathon last year, were staying in the Copley area and this was one of the few places open the Tuesday after the bombing. We liked it so much we came back this year. Everything was great just like last year. It is on our list next time we are in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but nothing special for the $$OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/21/2014Kids had burgers which they enjoyed. I tried the chicken tacos-good but nothing special, they needed something else-cheese perhaps. In spite of sounding good, 10oz of burger turned me off, I dont want that much meat, especially at lunch and I'm not paying close to $15 to eat 1/2 of what I order. Would try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgersHotlantaGalDined on 4/19/2014Lots of food. Easy to split with a friend. Cooked fresh but service a bit slow, even though not very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average but delightful dinner.KL24VIPDined on 4/19/2014We came to 5 Napkin during Marathon weekend and were pleasantly surprised by the lack of crowd. Our calamari appetizer was well cooked and flavorful. Burgers were juicy and topped with a number of unique spreads, sauces and salsas. The salads and tuna wontons lacked a certain something but none the less were good for the price. I'd suggest sticking to the basics... burger and fries... and you won't be disappointed! Service was prompt and attentive. Local beers were featured proudly. Spacious seating and comfortable chairs made for a good group atmosphere with outdoor seating worth visiting on a nicer day.Special Features:
- nice for lunchbobo25Dined on 4/19/2014We had a wonderful lunch experience with Tom, our server, who was pleasant and helpful with the menu. Burger was great, shakes were wonderful, and dessert (brownie sundae) was marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgerKavadogDined on 4/18/2014It's great at what is supposed to be...a burger bar..fantastic options and very accommodating....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, so-so serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014We enjoyed the pickle/pastrami app very much. The burgers and tots were under-seasoned and the fries were over-seasoned. The waiter was pleasant, but not attentive. The app was dropped off by a food runner and we then had to flag the waiter down for plates (he was at the station scrolling his smart phone). Also getting water and refills on drinks was like pulling teeth. My husband had to ask three times for water and after one of those times the waiter literally walked by us with a water pitcher and ignored us. Strange! And the place was busy but not full, so there was,really no reason for it.Special Features:
- Pretty GoodBostonfortheWeekendDined on 3/28/2014I got the five napkin Burger and my husband got the lamb burger. My burger was cooked perfectly but his was extremely dry even though he asked for it to be cooked medium. Server was great. Drinks were good. A little on the pricey side for burgers but overall yes not a bad experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehrachDined on 3/28/2014I would describe this restaurant, overall, as "fine". The food is fine, the service is fine, the ambiance is fine. However, it's overpriced for what it is. I got the veggie burger with a side of onion rings - both tasted good, and I didn't have to wait too long for it to come out. I wouldn't complain about the food, but I wouldn't rave about it either. I'd honestly rather go somewhere else that was priced the same but where I would get my money's worth. I've had comparable (and better) veggie burgers and onion rings from rib joints where the entrees average $10 a plate.
- great burgers!CFraggosDined on 3/23/2014All I was really looking for was great burgers (and I was hoping for good drinks too), and 5 Napkin totally delivered. We tried a few of the apps and drinks, and everything we ordered was really good. The service was fast and friendly. I have no complaints and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014I came here for dinner with a friend during the Anime Boston Convention. We were promptly seated and had our orders taken. The food came out quickly. I ordered the bacon cheddar burger, which was good, but nothing to write home about. It's something reminiscent of something I'd get at Cheesecake Factory or even Fridays. It was good, but not great. My friend ordered the BBQ burger, and he wasn't a fan. He thought that the texture of the bun was too hard, and he didn't like the green tomato chutney sauce. The fries were ok. I got the impression that this is an overpriced burger restaurant. The thing I liked the most about this place was the beer list. They have lots of craft beers like Magic Hat and Smuttynose, which are hard to find.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialLadyDiDined on 3/22/2014After looking at this restaurant online, I thought it was going to be an upscale burger joint. Not so. It was merely a high-priced, nothing special burger, burger joint. The food was decent, though the appetizers were mere tastes. The potato skins were baby potatoes cut in half, served 5 to a plate. That's only 2 and a half BABY potatoes. We were unimpressed. The service was very good, attentive and polite, with well-timed drink refills. I wouldn't bother going back.
- Great Place, Great BurgersFam4Dined on 3/21/20145 Napkin Burger is a perfect place in Back Bay to have a delicious burger and be in a cool atmosphere. We got there at 5:30 and the bar was packed with Friday night cocktails and the restaurant filled up quickly after we were seated. Service was friendly & fast and the food is always good. Their veggie burger is the best that I have had, and my husband loves lamb burger. My kids love the burgers and also the big salads. Easy choice when we are all happy with the place. Their beers on tap change frequently and we love the microbrewery varieties offered. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Beers, Burgers, and WingsnicolejoannebVIPDined on 3/15/2014My boyfriend and I came here early in the evening on a Saturday for a few beers, burgers, and wings. The beer selection was good, the wings were very crispy and delicious and both of us enjoyed our burgers. I had the original burger. Only suggestion I would make is ask for any sauces on the side because there was a lot! Very good food and service though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near the actionJenniferDined on 3/11/2014This place was great to meet for a friend who was in town for work. Most all of the downtown hotels are near the Prudential and that's where this restaurant is. We were a little annoyed that the specials they told us about at the bar didn't carry over to the dining room but the fries were great.
- Good for a group dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2014Came here with a group of girl friends...had a nice time! Great drinks! Everyone enjoyed their various sandwiches!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With the groupon, a good dealMsCasualTravelorDined on 2/23/2014Went with my college daughter on a weekend break. I got the Irish Benedict, she had eggs and bacon. We oth enjoyed our meals. The manager visited every table - great thing to do. Worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not very impressed.....onlyscrodVIPDined on 2/17/2014not very impressed.....only a few items on the menu and not even that many burgers. over priced
- Great burger joint, lots ofHays86Dined on 2/14/2014Great burger joint, lots of choice/selection. Wish we had one in Toronto!Special Features:
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/14/2014Service was fine. Food was acceptable- nothing outstanding or notable. The order was slightly wrong but nothing major. I ordered the veggie burger- it was clearly house made, not a soy patty that many other restaurants pass off as a veggie burger- you can really taste the components (beets, carrot, lentils)- not for everyone but filling and tasty.Special Features:
- Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014I came here for Valentine's Day with my girlfriend at 7 and it was the perfect time to get there. Not a whole lot of people were there (I don't think many people know about it). The Burgers were great and the waiter was really nice. We had a great dinner and my girlfriend and I were actually able to have a conversation without having to yell. Overall, I would give 5 Napkin Burger 5 out of 5 stars and I definitely highly recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Simple food with a flairBrianDined on 2/8/2014Pub style setting, very good service, pretty comfortable atmosphere. With the basics of burgers and salads, all in our party were satisfied. I would recommend for lunch or late lunch. Fits well with a Boston afternoon and has reasonably good food for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.