5 fifty 5
555 Canal St.
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
5 fifty 5
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://555canal.com/
- Phone: 5045535638
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Mark Quitney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room available which seats up to 16 guests comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Ivo Arkulin 5045535605
- Special Events: We will be open for Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Reservations will be required.
A word from 5 fifty 5
Perched on the edge of the French Quarter, 5Fifty5 finds itself in very good company when it comes to the Crescent City’s ubiquitous culinary scene. Every good restaurant here has its niche and 5Fifty5 is no exception. The cuisine at 5Fifty5 is New Orleans fare at its finest and freshest. Step inside and discover a modern décor that exudes a warm and comfortable ambience. Enjoy service that’s both friendly and well-informed. But the true test of a memorable dining experience lies in the cuisine, and that’s where 5Fifty5 truly rises to the occasion. You’ll find that the dining experience provides a feast for all the senses. Discover what makes 5Fifty5 such a tasteful address.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
5 fifty 5 - Best Restaurants in Central Business District ›
5 fifty 5 reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Lobster MacDV26Dined on 9/20/2014We usually hit this restaurant out first night in town and they have yet to disappoint. We only order the lobster Mac and cheese but we are always full and the lobster pieces are always quite large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ambiance and service.cserranovarelaDined on 8/16/20145 Fifty 5 is a spectacular restaurant located within the New Orleans Marriott. We were in town to celebrate my mothers, sisters, and partners birthdays. We were delighted to have picked this location above all others. Chef Yves Favier and servers Doris and Letictia were phenomenal along with management staff, in particular Tanner, Keith, and Stephen. We were treated professionally, warmly, and made to feel that our special celebration was one to remember. The restaurant even prepared a special cake for the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatrickVIPDined on 8/4/2014After a long day touring, it is good to have a good furnished meal in a quiet environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid this placeExecutiveDinerDined on 7/15/2014I chose this restaurant because of what I saw in their online menu. The actual experience was not even close. Their online menu had at least 50 items to choose from. In the restaurant they had about 12 entrees. When I brought this to the attention of my waitress, her response was, "the online is never right, they change the menu every 3 months". Change the menu??? Are you kidding? Try change the restaurant. There was no way to recognize that one menu related in any way to the other. It was as though you went to the wrong place by accident. This was a dinner experience where I was taking out a client. The fact that we had fried chicken instead of lobster ravioli is a big deal.
- Mediocre Food, Poor ServiceDrFoodDined on 6/23/2014Chose for a business breakfast during a convention due to location and Open Table rankings. Definitely not a good location for a business breakfast. Very noisy. Tables too close together. Service lacking. Food was worse than room service quality food.
- Surprising findLuvcreoleDined on 6/21/2014Thought the food was going to be regular hotel fare, but enjoyed the surprise of delicious southern food with a high end twist. Also a gem of beer with the Southern Pecan, smooth beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 265 reviews are from the 5 fifty 5 reviews archive.
- AnniverseryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014My wife an I went here for our 4th anniversary. The food was good, but the bread they bring you was AWEFUL. It was very hard and felt like I was chewing it forever. My jaw was so tired of chewing the one piece I had, I was glad I ordered the Filet. The Filet and the Lobster Mac and Cheese was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Def made up for the bread.Special Features:
- Skip Dinner HereMsShushDined on 5/16/2014Empty Restaurant in full hotel should have given us a clue. Small menu was fine but the waitress couldn't answer questions about the beer choices. Start of Service was okay as drink and food arrived quickly. Turkey Club was skimpy. Then things got bad. There was a party of 6/7 people nearby that had food in front of them the whole time we were there. They had to ask the hostess to find the waitress. I had a clear view of the entrance to the kitchen. All waitstaff and the Manager spent inordinate amounts of time back there instead of on the floor. We waited over 15 minutes after eating to see our waitress and finally had to ask the hostess (who was rude and told us to wait). Don't waste your time here.
- Good breakfastlikes2eatDined on 5/16/2014For a hotel restaurant the breakfast was quite good and the service was fast and pleasant.Special Features:
- In a hotelDoubleRDined on 5/14/2014Limited menu and a hotel restaurant. Not too impressed.
- Good experiencelikes2eatDined on 5/13/2014Wonderful service from a kind, attentive server. As hotel restaurants go, this one has a friendly atmosphere, decent selection and I enjoyed my food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just fineEtarreVIPDined on 5/12/2014I had breakfast here with two colleagues. The a la carte food was good, although one of us had trouble getting the correct order from the omelet station that was part of the buffet. Service was friendly and accommodating about splitting checks and bringing drinks, and the atmosphere was just what you'd expect from a hotel restaurant.
- Menu doesn't live up to descriptionBostonToBatonDined on 4/26/2014This is a restaurant inside a hotel. The description on Open Table made it sound great (and also not inside the hotel), but when we got there and saw the lackluster menu and the fact that there were only two couples eating there, we decided to walk out and try something in the Quarter
- AdequateFoodMDDined on 4/12/2014A solid range of local favorites that were just okay. Best renditions of shrimp and grits, gumbo fried chicken are available but if you are staying in or near the hotel and need a quiet place, this is it.Special Features:
- Bad experiencebellagioiaDined on 3/26/2014We had high hopes for this restaurant after reading the menu online. We were presented with a totally different menu and were informed that it had changed the day before. Being a vegetarian, there was one choice-a caprese sandwich. For dinner, really? They could offer no alternatives nor did they make any suggestions. We had appetizers, a gift from our daughter and son-in-law with 2 drinks. The spinach artichoke dip was warm at best. Needless to say, it was a really unpleasant experience. In this day, one should offer a decent vegetarian choice. And my husband, who thought about having a steak, found there was not the offerings again as on the "old" menu. Overall, we were very, very disappointed.Special Features:
- business meetingYummyDined on 3/20/2014We held a business meeting over lunch, while staying at the hotel. The food and service were good. It was quiet and we were seated remotely, so it was a nice place to conduct a meeting.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerFriendsdiningDined on 3/16/2014Had a birthday dinner with a friend. The food and ambience was good. Our service was fair. Our table number was incorrect, and our food kept going to another table. By the third course of the meal, this was still not correct. Also, we were served cold bread with cold butter; when I requested that the bread was warmed the server indicated that they would comply; however that is the way the bread is served. I would still revisit the venue, however the staff needs to be trained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedvgd1VIPDined on 3/12/2014I ordered a hamberger. It was over cooked, salty, the lettuce was limp, and the fries were also too salty. One of the worst hamburger meals I've ever had. I also had a martini, that was bland as best . I was very disappointed.
- Good not GreatBigFootDined on 3/8/2014We dined at 5fifty5 for my wife's birthday. The evening started a bit rocky as we were told when we called ahead there was complimentary parking available at the hotel, but when we arrived we were told they were not accepting temporary parking and refused to take us. So we had to park a few blocks away at the Jax lot, which was not a big deal overall. When we arrived at the restaurant we were seated right away and our server was excellent the entire evening. The food was good, but not quite as good as I expected. The appetizers and sides were excellent, but the entree's were below expectations. They had a decent cocktail and wine selection, and the desserts were fantastic. Overall it was a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising!TerryVIPDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I took a chance and were pleasantly surprised. We didn't realize the restaurant was located in the Marriott hotel on Canal St in New Orleans, which makes it unnoticable unless your specifically looking for it. Anyway, the service was good, atmosphere was very pleasant and the food was exceptional for the price. Most entrees on the menu fall between $18-$24. I had the scallops and she had a dish with spare rib meat and pasta. I forget the name, but it was very good. We'll be back and I would certainly recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLDDsa2010Dined on 3/5/2014I didn't realize this was a restaurant inside a hotel (Marriot). We generally stay away from these because they're overpriced and typically lower quality. This is exactly what we found at 5Fifty5. The crab cake appetizer was excellent, but overpriced at $12 for 2 cakes. The remainder of the food was so-so. My husband had the shrimp and oyster po-boy for $15 and it was not up to par with several other po-boys we had there in New Orleans for half the price. I had the lobster mac and it was outright awful for $20. Even the coke was overpriced at $3 and tasted terrible. Finally, the service was slow and indifferent. With so many excellent and inexpensive places to eat in New Orleans, do NOT waste your money here
- DELISH!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2014We absolutely loved dining at 5 fifty 5! Our service was impeccable, the food was delicious, and it was reasonably priced. We went during Mardi Gras season so our orders took a little bit of time, but that would be the only minor complaint I would have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The seasonal special is a good dealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2014Both my colleague and I who were in town for work selected the seasonal pasta combo - an appetizer, main dish, and dessert - for $20. 5fifty5 is quite a bit better than your average hotel restaurant, and diners came from both the guest pool and folks not staying at the Marriott to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was pleasantly surprisedBWoodsDined on 2/8/2014I was pleasantly surprised by our experience at 5 fifty 5. Everything we tasted was delicious, surpassing my expectations. The service was great and I will definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Weren't serving menu on Open TableSBFANDined on 1/2/2014They had a completely different menu -- just bar food. We left.Special Features:
- Not worth itGoodEatsDined on 12/29/2013When we arrived at the restaurant we were told we could not even be seated for 20 minutes because only 3 servers were working. Even though we had made the reservation 30 minutes in advance. We could understand not having enough servers but there were literally only 4 occupied tables in the restaurant, none with more than 5 customers at each table. When we were sat we were immediately greeted but waited 15 more minutes for drinks, and then an hour more for food. We did not leave because we felt that at that time we didn't have many other options besides the Arbys next door (which we almost did leave for when the food finally arrived). The food was delicious, but definitely not worth the terrible management and very poor service.
- Great, for a hotel restaurantJoeNickDined on 12/20/2013I was worried that 5Fifty5 would be very expensive, but the prices were reasonable and the food was very good.Special Features:
- surprise!7savage58Dined on 11/30/2013Had looked at menu for 5 fifty 5 many times and based on the menu, thought that it might be a good place to eat. I was in NOLA and using my Open Table mobile app, I decided to book a reservation there. When I got to the restaurant I was handed a one page menu by the hostess, and was told that was the only food being offered that night. The menu was not even close to the published menu, and was simply bar food for the most part and like I stated did not even come close to what is represented on their website. I decided to eat somewhere else. The ratings of the food above are false because I did not eat there, however open table requires me to put something.
- Food Mediocre at BestOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/23/2013Four of us dined, one loving her meal, two felt their food was not up to their standard, and I actually had to send mine back because it was so salty I couldn't eat it. I am a salt lover so this is unusual for me. The restaurant graciously apologized and adjusted the bill removing the cost of the meal and all of our beverages. We would not return.
- Tried the Fall Fest menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2013Tried the Fall Fest menu. The butternut squash soup was very sweet and too thick, chicken entree was so-so, and dessert was passable. Everything seemed premade and just heated up before serving.
- Better than most hotel restaurants.NolaMAPDined on 11/17/2013Food was excellent, service not so much. Decor is pretty much that of a hotel restaurant. Would go back for the food.
- Food was extremely salty andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2013Food was extremely salty and was more like cafe food rather the expensive food we purchased.
- Wonderful food! service wasmlspDined on 10/31/2013Wonderful food! service was greatl. we had a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel dinnerK2NoDined on 10/31/2013The food was very good. We were tired and not in the mood to leave the hotel. The restaurant was nothing spectacular, but good food, reasonably priced with courteous service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster MacDV26Dined on 10/26/2013Fantastic! Large pieces of Lobster, good portion size, bread before dinner. Not very crowded, waitress was sweet. Would not make this an every time stop, but if I'm craving the mac I would definitely returnI would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerGlapmanDined on 9/27/2013My wife and I went to 5 Fifty % to celebrate our 44th Anniversary. I had read reviews that Friday evenings were very quiet even though the lobby was crowded. We found the restaurant to be a real gem. It was not very crowded and the nosie level was very low. The space is however expansive and I would suspect a higher noise level when there is a larger crowd. Ou waitress was as professional and courteous and helpful as any I have found in New Orleans. We are natives and this was our first time dining at 5 Fifty 5 but it will not be our last. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a great meal for a special ocassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient to HotelNOLocalDined on 9/27/2013We heard about this restaurant and found it when we did our "Christmas Tour" of hotels. The food was good, service excellent, but for the money I would go elsewhere.
- Tried this place for dinner.AParDined on 9/13/2013Tried this place for dinner. Despite it being Friday night, there were very few customers even though the hotel lobby was hopping. The food was good but there is not a lot of choices of entrees. The outstanding feature really was the service. The waitstaff were very attentive and helpful and we had two kids as well. We definitely enjoyed the place because of them and would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet at 555OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2013555 was a good, quiet restaurant. We took part in their summer sizzling menu and it was great. My only drawback is I waited for about 5 mins for a hostess and the restaurant was empty. A gentlemen eventually came to seat us, that same person also doubled as our waiter. HE WAS GREAT! If it wasnt for him U wouldve given a lower service rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden in Marriot NOLAjonnyuVIPDined on 8/12/2013This restaurant is in the Marriot hotel on Canal in New Orleans, foo di always great service is always good nice wine list also, it is a hidden gem just wish I could get Marriot points when I eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.