4th Street Grille
400 L St.
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
4th Street Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://4thstreetgrille.com/
- Phone: 9164482847
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Mid-day Menu: Monday - Friday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Jeramie Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area
- Catering: The 4th Street Grille is a full service caterer. We will cater your wedding, office party, retirement, family reunions, pick nicks and many more. We also feature full bar options. We are bonded and insured. Please call us for more information. 916-448-2847.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private banquet facility for up to 50 persons. Our minimum requirement for privacy is 35 persons.
- Private Party Contact: Justin Ames 9164482847
- Special Events: Private Banquet Room. Our room can be configured to your specification. The room can comfortably accommodate up to 50 seated guests and 60 - 70 cocktail parties. We offer no room fee for parties of 35 seated or more. Please call us for minimum pricing for meetings.
- Cross Street: 4th
- Public Transit: Close proximity to all public transportation such as Light Rail, RT Buses, Grey Hound and Amtrak. We are ten minutes away from the Sacramento International Airport.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer validated parking behind the restaurant. There are two entrances, one on the left hand side on L Street and the other on the left hand side on 5th street.
A word from 4th Street Grille
The 4th Street Grille is a premier restaurant in the heart of downtown Sacramento. Since 1992, the 4th Street Grille has been providing area residents and visitors with delicious pastas, pizzas, salads, fresh seafood, a variety of mesquite grilled meats, vegetarian dishes, mouth watering desserts and much more. Specializing in grilled meats such as rack of lamb, aged rib eye steak and center cut pork loin chop the 4th Street Grille has been recognized as one of the best eateries in Sacramento. We offer a San Franciscan style atmosphere with low candle lit lighting and rich mahogany. We are walking distance from such hotels as Embassy Suites, The Hyatt, Holliday Inn and the Sheraton. Our close proximity to such venues as the Convention center, Old Sacramento, The Memorial Auditorium, Raley Field and Arco Arena makes us ideal for your dining needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
4th Street Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great food (especially theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/18/2013Great food (especially the pork loin), great drinks, great fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Mediocre ServiceBESTRADADined on 5/12/2013We had a 12 o'clock reservation and were told we had to wait for a table. When we were seated we were told it was because someone was a no show. Not really sure what the point of the reservation was. While we waited we did sit at the bar and had a VERY generously poured mimosa! Very tasty! The restaurant wasn't too busy so the noise level was perfect. We were trying to avoid huge crowds that usually come out on special occasions (we were celebrating Mother's Day.) It was a very intimate setting which was quite enjoyable. The brunch was really good. A lot smaller than what we were accustomed to but definitely a good varied selection. Everything we tried was great! Our server was decent. Nothing too impressive.
- ParkingOliverVIPDined on 5/11/2013Although there's a nice big parking lot next to the restaurant, they do not validate and I had to pay for parking. I did not expect that and had I known would not have parked in the lot or would've gone somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of my all timebbdemDined on 4/20/2013This is one of my all time top five in Sacramento!!!Special Features:
- Solid and TastefulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013We've been visiting the 4th Street Grill for as long as I can remember. Which is probably however long it's been open. It's one of our solid "nicer" dinners. The bar is good, the ambiance gives off a newspaper/politician vibe (which I find charming in a of 80's sitcom restaurant sort of way), and the food has always been good, to excellent every time we've visited. We like it for quieter family birthday dinners, and they also have a back room that is even a little more private.Special Features:
- Hidden gem in downtown. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2013Hidden gem in downtown. Very good food and wonderful attentive service.Special Features:
- Oh what a night!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The food was delicious, service was great,wine list great, overall outstanding!Special Features:
- Waiter was awesome. The NewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Waiter was awesome. The New York aged steak was prepared well but slightly over priced for the quality of cut. My favorite part was the strong drinks. My jack and coke was more of jack with a splash of coke but that's my preferred mixture!Special Features:
- The wife & I try to pick aMaddiner1Dined on 2/15/2013The wife & I try to pick a new restaurant when ever we go out. 4th st grill will list to go back to. Food was great, service was excellent
- Dining in Comfort @ 4th Street.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Excellent dining for anyone who has little or no diet restrictions. Tell whomever serve you what you want, how you want it and, in a reasonable amount of time "Shazame!" Your delight is delivered. Those who served us did not unreasonnably interrupt our conversations. This by the way is a biggie for me. We dined on Valentines Day this time, the time before was our 17th marriage Anniversary. Both times we left satisfied and are planning to return. Next Occasion! You bet.Special Features:
- Used to be a good place toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Used to be a good place to take your spouse, however, it seems they have lost their touch.
- We made the mistake of goingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013We made the mistake of going here on Valentine's Day. The restaurant was not prepared for the evening, and seemed very under staffed. It didn't seem that busy, but was certainly full. Everything took a long time, even our drinks. We did not get bread (nor did any other table around us) before our meal because they couldn't make it fast enough? We enjoyed our appetizer (calamari), which turned out to be the best part of the meal. The rest was just mediocre. The ceasar salad was old, hacked up romaine lettuce with too much salad dressing. How is that a $15 salad. A nice restaurant should have something better than Denny's. Our main meals were okay, but not worth the costs of the meal. We skipped dessert and left as soon as we could
- Cameron, our waiter, was friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Cameron, our waiter, was friendly and responsive. One of the better waiters we've had.Special Features:
- We went to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2013We went to this restaurant for the Dine Downtown week- 3 courses for $30. Everything was very good. The four of us sat in a booth. There was a large crowd but it was not too loud for us to have a nice conversation. All of our food was very good, from the salads to the entrees and desserts. I had a New York steak with peppercorn sauce and it was delicious. Started with calamari which was also quite good. I can definitely recommend this restaurant and we will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Went for the Dine DowntownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2013Went for the Dine Downtown menu. Good varied selection of food offerings. Food and service was good, would go there again.Special Features:
- We had the Steak a'poivreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2013We had the Steak a'poivre and the salmon. Both dishes were delicious. The apple crisp was like Mom's. Would have liked the brownie Without the caramel sauce. The waiter was excellent. He was very knowledgable and accommodating. Great evening!
- The food is always good, diverseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2013The food is always good, diverse menu, food was served hot, tasted fresh. We have eaten there many times before and have always enjoyed the food. Great vodka bar, they tout 80 vodkas choices.
- Why can't a good restaurantLikeGoodPlacesDined on 1/15/2013Why can't a good restaurant serve a tender piece of meat? The meal was good, but the steak was tough as shoe leather. The grilled artichoke was good, the green peppercorn sauce was excellent, the wine was great and the apple crisp dessert was wonderful. But the focus of the meal was the steak and that tough piece of meat detracted from the whole experience.
- The waitress was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2013The waitress was very friendly and nice. However the kitchen was overwhelmed. The time between courses was very long. It seems like management seemed to be cutting corners on staff and servers. I don't think I'll return because I'm unsure if the restaurant can handle it. It's a shame the managers put the kitchen and servers in that position of apologizing for the slowness.
- Our server was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/11/2013Our server was excellent. THe dinedowntown $30 3 course meal was adequate. My steak came medium rare although I ordered it rare. The meat itself did not have a lot of flavor; perhaps it was a lower grade of beef. The mashed potatoes were lacking. The grilled artichoke however, was quite good. The chocolate brownie was good but would have been excellent if it were a tad less sweet. The chocolate sauce that was drizzeled on it was not good and should have been left off..
- The food was cooked to perfectionGwenniecatsDined on 1/9/2013The food was cooked to perfection and the service was excellent. We never waited for anything. Our beverages were constantly refilled and yet they let us alone to talk. The seating was comfortable and the table ample. We looked at the regular menu and would definitely return. Great place for casual dining.Special Features:
- Our NY steak for New Year'sDangerousDinerVIPDined on 12/31/2012Our NY steak for New Year's Eve tasted like something you serve to a large barbeque crowd purchased from COSTCO. It was either under or overcooked and tough to cut.
- We have been to 4th streetNateVIPDined on 12/31/2012We have been to 4th street Grill many times. The New Years Eve menu was delicious. They were very busy. Our waiter and did a great job. I was a little upset that the hostess did not check me in correctly to give me the points that I deserved. Fortunately, Open Table corrected it.Special Features:
- The food was great but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012The food was great but the service left me not wanting to return.
- Felt a little ripped offOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012It wasn't my first time eating at the 4th St. Grille. I've been happy with my visits up until this last one. I took a co-worker to celebrate her upcoming retirement. I loved that I could reserve a table online at the last minute. Unfortunately, our food was cold. And our waiter was not very attentive. I had to ask for our bill. The total bill came to $27 and some change. All I had was 2 twenty dollar bills and I placed them in the black folder. I had planned on tipping $6. Well the waiter took my money and NEVER came back!!! We waited quite awhile until it became obvious he wasn't coming back. I didn't want to make a scene in front of my co-worker so we left. NOT hAPPY!!
- Has always been a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2012Has always been a great place for lunch and early dinners. Has been a steady, realiable restaurant for years.Special Features:
- Steak House quality juicyFoodieVIPDined on 11/21/2012Steak House quality juicy burgers and fresh cut fries. Yummy.Special Features:
- Not a "prime" time!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2012We have had good experiences here in the past; unfortunately, this was not one of them. If prime rib is on special, do yourself a favor and order something else. We ate very early so I probably got the first cut off the roast, and already "medium rare" was the color of concrete. It was a generously thick slice, which only accentuated how dry and chewy it was. I would have sent it back, but we were on a tight schedule. On the plus side, my husband's steak was nicely seasoned, tender and a perfect mid-rare. Mashed potatoes were fine, but green beans, while tasty, were old and/or underblanched. They were not al dente, but just plain tough.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the food. The steakOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2012We enjoyed the food. The steak was fabulous. The pork loin was very good. My 11 year old son loved it. The short ribs was very tasty. Service was excellent. It was kind of quiet in the restaurant , so we got a lot of attention. The decor needs some fixing up. It was a bit dark and old. But the food made up for it.Special Features:
- Everyone said their meal wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2012Everyone said their meal was good. However, they no longer validate parking----even though it still says they do on the website. Over all it was a very nice outing and the location-----especially for out-of-towners----was perfect!Special Features:
- Loved the Fish and Chips.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2012Loved the Fish and Chips. Fresh and then breaded with homemade breading. Our waiter Mike was gracious and saw to it our needs were taken care of quickly and with no problem.Special Features:
- 4th Street Grille--Service lacking!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012Excellent food! We've dined at 4th Street Grille on multiple occasions and have never had a bad meal. This was, however, our first experience there with bad service. Waiter was very inattentive....we waited 45 minutes with menus after ordering our appetizer just to order entrees and there were mostly empty tables! He actually seemed irritated when asked to repeat the specials! Asked if I could substitute veggies for potatoes with my salmon--he said no problem, but then charged extra. I would have appreciated being told there was an extra charge for substitutions. The manager was very accommodating and the busboy was great! The waiter should try to learn a few things about good service from the busboy....Special Features:
- On a lark, we tried this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2012On a lark, we tried this place and were pleasantly surprised. We had sandwiches and garlic fries. Service was attentive and pleasant. It was very quiet, the music was playing but nor overpowering.Special Features:
- I had the chicken thai noodleeatsoutinfrequentlyDined on 7/25/2012I had the chicken thai noodle salad and it was delicious. Not too spicy. Be forewarned - ALOT OF FOOD. What was nice is that I made two lunches out of it. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- We had an excellent time atOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2012We had an excellent time at 4th Street Grille, our waiter was AWESOME and the food was absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- A decent bistro, nothing toKKKPDined on 7/23/2012A decent bistro, nothing to write home about. There are many other places in and around Sacramento you might rather visit. I expected more judging by the reviews.
- 4th Street Grille is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/14/20124th Street Grille is always a reliable dining experience. I took my grandma there for her birthday. She was very happy with her dinner and wants to come back even though she nevers goes downtown for dining. They open at 5:00 on Saturdays so if you want a quiet dining experience, this is a great time to eat. But don't arrive early because the doors are locked.Special Features:
- This place was totally deadOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/30/2012This place was totally dead at 6pm on a Friday night. Maybe it's only busy during the week for the gov't lunch crowd. The only thing that stood out was one of their cocktails....Grape Splash. In fact, it was so good that I couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks after and finally called the bar to get the ingredients so I can make it at home. Other than, that I wouldn't go back although the food was decent. There were only about 2 other tables with customers in the whole place and yet I felt rushed by the waitress. Although we wanted to order appetizers/cocktails, it seemed like she wanted to skip that part and just get to letting us order the entrees. If you are looking for a fun, lively place to go on a Friday night, skip this one.
- I had been to this restaurantNanceDined on 6/26/2012I had been to this restaurant twice before with a group of 4, 2, and lastly 12. The first two visits were more positive experiences. The service was fine but the food was just average for me. Let's just say that not one of the 12 people that ate there gave me any feedback whatsoever. I ordered the fish and chips and regretted it right after I saw it. The fish looked like a fast food fry and was absolutely tasteless. Fries were just average, nothing special. I did not finish the meal as it was too bland. My co-worker ordered a very nice spinach salad but his black bean soup was delvered cold. it took the waiter about 10-15 minutes to come back to the table to even notice it. My co-worker had time to complete this whole salad.Special Features:
- I liked the ambiance of theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012I liked the ambiance of the restaurant, but I felt the food was mediocre. I had meatloaf, which was middle-of-the-road. One friend had spinach salad, and the other the Chinese chicken salad. They both felt something was lacking in the salads and neither finished eating them.