4th Base Restaurant
5117 W National Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53214Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
4th Base Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.the4thbase.com/
- Phone: 4146478509
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: We have a back dining room that allows for sit down dining in our quite back room. We can hold private parties and events up to 25 people in our back room. We can allow parties to set there menu options and notify us in advance, or we can provide you with menu options ahead of time to choose from.
- Private Party Contact: Cj Papara 4146478509
- Cross Street: 52nd & National Ave
- Public Transit: We are located off the 18 and 19 routes which stop near the restaurant by the Veterans Hospital.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Our parking lot is located in the rear of the building and has 20+ spots available. There is street parking available on National Ave and is monitored until 6pm
A word from 4th Base Restaurant
The 4th Base Restaurant is one of Milwaukee's oldest sports restaurants & is walking distance from Miller Park on West National Ave. We offer an a la carte menu style that allows our customers to customize each dish & entree from the method it's prepared, seasoned, & what sides it comes with. We offer a large deli case for our customers to view & see the food available each day for order. Our food selection spans various steaks, seafoods, & fresh vegetables, along with our home made deserts showcased as well. Our seafood selection consists of jumbo U-10 Shrimp, U-10 Scallops, Atlantic Salmon, Ahi Tuna, Sea Bass, large Alaskan King Crab Legs, Oysters, Perch, & Walleye. Our steak selection allows you to choose from 32 oz Porterhouse, 24oz Ribeye, 20oz New York Strip, & Tenderloin Filets that can be cut in a 6-8-10 or 16oz portion cut. We also offer other meat including pork loin, & chicken breast. We also have fresh vegetables, pasta, homemade rice & homemade soups.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
4th Base Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Unique for dinnerChadVIPDined on 6/1/2014Several colleagues had recommended 4th Base for great steak and seafood. I'm not certain what I was expecting, but it wasn't what I observed. We went with my 18 month old niece after a home Brewers game. We opened the door and it was a loud bar scene. The drunk guy at the door who was getting his hair braided at the bar almost made us turn around leave. There is a quieter room in the back where we had dinner. The server was very attentive and walked us through the process of ordering with no menus. Food was good (great bacon wrapped shrimp, skip tuna) - bill was high. I'd recommend 4th Base, but with a few caveats; - don't bring a child - don't expect a menu or prices before you get your bill - don't go after a home Brewers gameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dive DiningLuvtoEatOUTDined on 5/10/2014We were told about this little "dive bar" by some fellow Brewer fans. We went on a Saturday afternoon. Food and Service was outstanding. The ambience was cool, all the memorabilia was neat to look at. The Chef personally asked how we wanted our dishes prepared, he did an outstanding job. We rate it up there with any high end place in Madison or Wisconsin Dells. Didn't care for the fact we had to order blind. We asked the server about pricing, she said "we really don't have a price list" You just choose what you want. Needless to say we were quite sticker shocked when the tab came. We will go back again. We have even recommended it to ma ny friends. We just told them to be cautious!Special Features:
- SurpriseSADDVIPDined on 4/22/2014Local place with excellent food. No menu and a pick your dinner approach works great. Deserves a try!Special Features:
- OverratedEzEd1Dined on 4/14/2014Had group of 8 for pre-Brewers game dinner. Entree's came prepared as the chef wanted, not as ordered. Waitress apologized. Very expensive. Great place for a neighbor hood beer, but not for dinner.
- What a surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2014Never would have thought this neighborhood bar could put out such a wonderful made to order meal. You go to the case and choose your dinner. Filet, lobster, walleye , fresh veggies ... They prepare just about anything you want.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemCasperDined on 2/21/2014Great food in an unexpected location. Select what you want from the display case then it's cooked to perfection and brought to you're table. The monster porterhouse was amazing and smothered in red peppers, onion and mushrooms.. My counterpart had seafood which was every bit as good as my steak.. A Milwaukee must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for people watchingsteelerzfan73Dined on 2/14/2014Strange place to find such good food! Looks like your neighborhood bar on the outside, looks the same on the inside. But when you walk through the door you don't smell old grease from the fryer, you catch the aroma of an excellent surf and turf! Mmm. Your mouth immediately starts to salivate. I had the steak and bacon wrapped scallops, both were amazing. My fiancee' had the steak and bacon wrapped shrimp. Her steak was cooked perfectly, but the shrimp (huge by the way) were very bland, there was no flavor to them but the bacon and some Cajun seasoning. Maybe it was because they were too big, not sure, but that was the reason for a 4 star on food. The bar selection was outstanding. Can't wait to go back next time I'm in Milwaukee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great concept! Great food!JimJDined on 2/10/2014Went to 4th Base for lunch and had a surprisingly fantastic meal. I ordered lamb chops and done steamed vegetables. Where can you go and just order a plate of steamed veggies?! Nowhere!! It is very gourmet food and expensive but if you like eating the best quality this is a great place. Huge portions of everything, even the side salad I saw go out and everything is homemade. Can't beat this spot. Already lining up some brewer games I have in mind to go Barack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made it to 4th baseStanDined on 2/8/20144th base is a hidden gem in the neighborhood of West Milwaukee- the food was really excellent, we were welcomed very nicely, And had a great time. My friends from Chicago who were with me had never been to a place like 4th base before- and said this was a place they would Like to bring their friends to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service at Fourth BaseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/8/2014The service at Fourth Base was flawless and the food was impeccable. My husband's ribeye steak was just outstanding and my shrimp was fabulous. This is not just a great place for food but the atmosphere is fun and lively. We had a most enjoyable time and can't wait to go back again!! Thank you Fourth Base!!Special Features:
- Great Bar with Very Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/11/2014It has been years since I have been to the 4th Base. It is though what I remembered. A neighborhood bar with high end dining. It is very causal with great music. IF you are going out for white table cloths this is not the place, however if you want very good food and friendly service you have found your neighborhood joint...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.