4th Avenue Lounge
220 4th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 0H5Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
4th Avenue Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.internationalhotel.ca/dining/index.cfm
- Phone: (403) 290-7853
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 5:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00PM - 12:00AM, Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM, Sunday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: John Nidua
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
A word from 4th Avenue Lounge
A favorite downtown spot in Calgary for happy hour, the mixed level seating - complete with sofas and large, flat-screen televisions – provides the perfect setting to enjoy your favorite beverage or settle in to watch your favorite sports team.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
4th Avenue Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Jellied soup, and a soggy sammich.HungryVIPDined on 9/24/2014The mushroom soup special was not very desirable, it seemed as though they dumped a can of Campbell's soup in a bowl, put it in the microwave for 30 seconds and sent it out. The smoked meat sandwich was a soggy mess, couldn't eat the bread, it was mushy, yuck. Won't be back...
- DécevantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Avec un laisser-passer (Meal Plan) en main, il n'y avait pas assez de places pour tout le monde. Personne ne nous a accueillis à l'arrivée et nous avons finalement demandé notre repas à la chambre. Nous avons donc soupé très tard et il y avait une erreur dans la commande. Sans l'aide de Chrissie, notre soirée aurait été une catastrophe...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Had a fun lunch with friends, service was outstanding and we made plans to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 25 reviews are from the 4th Avenue Lounge reviews archive.
- Lunch meetingellarmDined on 6/25/2014The restaurant does not make it clear in its listing that it is in the International Hotel. It is a lounge in a hotel bar that serves good traditional lunch fare. It is a fairly extensive menu. We had a productive meeting with 3 people over lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the 4th AvenueArthurcrownDined on 5/21/2014Dinner was well presented and food good. Not a lot of people at time of eating made the dining experience somewhat lacking any atmosphere. Date of dining was a particularly warm day and perhaps more people dined out than usual. Due to lack of diners the kitchen seem to shut down earlier than normal and we left before coffees were even offered. Some confusion over the name of the restaurant. On the ground floor there is a bar which does food and in the basement there is the restaurant formerly called 4th Avenue Cafe and now called 4th Avenue Lounge - both names are perhaps a little misleading.Special Features:
- Comfortable and DeliciousMonicaVIPDined on 5/13/2014I find this place so cozy and comfortable. It is the perfect environment for a business meeting and the food is really great. I had the kale and ahi tuna salad and my colleagues had the beef dip and the club and all the food was excellent. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as discribedColinDined on 4/28/2014This is just a little hotel pub, the menus on the opentabe app nothing close to the real menu.Special Features:
- Disappointed in quality of the FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2014Ordered a steak sandwich, steak was under cooked and was served cold - entire meal tasted like it was cookd before I showed up. Renovations are nicely done and staff are pleasant
- ExcellentMonicaVIPDined on 4/17/2014I took some customers here for lunch and we all agreed the cozy lounge atmosphere was great. It was easy for us to talk and to hear one another. I had the kale salad and it was fabulous. My associates had the french onion soup, the pulled pork sandwich and the clubhouse and we were all really happy with our lunches. The service was great and the price was reasonable. Because this place is in the International Hotel, I didn't realize it was there, so I am glad that Open Table pointed this neighbourhood gem out for me. I will definitely be back for more business lunches.Special Features:
- Best Beef DipCalgaryDebDined on 4/8/2014I love the beef dip here and I feel it is one of the best in the downtown core. Great place for a business lunch as noise levels are low enough you can carry on a discussion and hear each other. Service was prompt and welcoming. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Server saved the dayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013When we arrived for our 7 party 9:30 PM reservation we were told that the kitchen would be closing at 10 and that the restuarant would be closed for a special function. This was not explained to us prior to our arrival. No contact from the restaurant was given to advise that this might interfere with our dining plans. Thankfully the server was very helpful and made a place for us in the downstairs lounge. The food was delicious and prompt. Our waiter was kind and attentive.
- Indifferent ServiceIfyouknewDined on 2/22/2013we went for dinner on a Friday evening. The atmosphere, food, menu selection and prices were all average. The service was very slow (1/2 hour to get drinks and about an hour to get food, nearby tables didn't get bussed for nearly an hour after patrons left) even though it wasn't busy at all. There were two of us (so two drinks and two meals) and the waitress got one of the drinks wrong and one of the meal orders wrong. It wasn't an awful experience, but I certainly won't go back.
- I was pleasantly surprised.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2012I was pleasantly surprised. Restaurant is in the basement of International Hotel so only down side was there are no windows. However, the food was good and the staff were very friendly.Special Features:
- Pub scene - food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/4/2012Pub scene - food was good if not spectacular, service was above average and the prove was right. I'll go again.
- I love eating lunch in theJoAnnDined on 11/23/2012I love eating lunch in the lower half of this lounge, which has a more traditional pub atmosphere. Sandy is the best waitress ever. Order the seafood chowder, beef dip sandwich or the Monte Cristo sandwich for a great lunch. Although I haven't ordered it (yet), the wor wonton soup looks excellent too.Special Features:
- Best Beef Dip in Town!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2012The service here is fabulous, which makes it a great spot for lunch. Fast service means fast meals, in and out in under one hour! The beef dip is awesome! I would recommend the International to anyone who looking for a great meal at a great price!Special Features:
- They didnt have our reservation.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2012They didnt have our reservation. i think they were able to take them, they just wanted to fill the seats asap with walk ins. so they told me their open table system was not working.
- Reasonable food, good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2012Reasonable food, good service, but more of a 'quick wing and beer after work' feeling than a fine-dining establishment.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2012Never full and it's quiet...good last minute pick with a pretty good Beef Dip.Special Features:
- Gone downhillClosetlessFoodieDined on 4/9/2012The 4th Avenue Lounge has really gone downhill. It used to be a decent spot for lunch - not any more. It is over priced for what you get, the service was slow, the food was presented poorly and misleading from the menu. I would not go there again.
- They are not using OpentableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2012They are not using Opentable but found us a table anyway.
- Food was good, the place,BrianDined on 3/23/2012Food was good, the place, quaint, but still feels like your in a hotel. The chairs at the high tops are terible...they creek n squeek, and are annoying as the place is too small not to be bothered by all that noise from the seats.
- Tucked away inside the InternationaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2012Tucked away inside the International Hotel the 4th Avenue Cafe is a comfortable and informal lunch-hour getaway. Small and quaint, it offers a more intimate and relaxing dining experience than its fancy counterparts. Perfect for colleagues to enjoy time away from work. The food while not gourmet is always simple and delicious. All Canadian ...Special Features:
- They do not have our reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012They do not have our reservation because they do not get opentable reservations. Please work with them to get it back up.Special Features:
- The HideoutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2012The 4th Avenue Lounge is a favorite spot, mainly because of the service and the food. The reservation I made through OpenTable was not received by the restaurant and luckily I got the last table. Next time I'll pick up the phone.Special Features:
- 4th Avenue Lounge is a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/9/20124th Avenue Lounge is a great place to meet for a corporate lunch. The restaurant services office tenants in the area that may not have as many places to choose from as other sectors of downtown. The decore is "old world" and cozy and the food is very good. The service is friendly, but can be slow at times due to understaffing during the lunch hour rush.Special Features:
- Being a hotel restaurent asOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/1/2011Being a hotel restaurent as is often the case, the ambiance is the weakest point - felt a little like I was dining in a cafeteria - very bright lighting, so-so seating. But against that was very good food, great service and reasonable prices. Not a bad trade at all. I will visit the 4th Avenue Lounge again on future visits to Calgary.
- Do not book here... ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2011Awful for a large group. We had a group of 16 people, when we arrived, the lights were not even on in our section. The wait staff ignored simple requests, and managed to mess up several EASY orders. They seemed completeley unprepared for our group, and were not at all proffesional.