456 Granby Street
Norfolk, VA 23510Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.456fish.com/
- Phone: (757) 625-4444
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Billy Arnold
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: If you are interested in our private dining space, please contact our manager via email: email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Jonathan Woodward 7576254444
- Entertainment: During Sunday brunch, we are pleased to treat your ears with a talented jazz saxophonist!
A word from 456 Fish
When 456 FISH arrived on the downtown scene in Norfolk, it brought fine dining elegance to Granby Street. We focus on pristinely prepared food with refined and elegant service. Our cuisine highlights the seafood tradition of Tidewater Virginia, but our diverse menu has something for everyone!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
456 Fish - Best Restaurants in Norfolk ›
456 Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (24)good for groups (17)romantic (17)notable wine list (11)hot spot (9)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Super RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/26/2014Took a chance and made a reservation here since it is a block from Chrysler Hall and I was going to a show. Fantastic atmosphere, service and food. In addition, if they vallet park you, you can leave your car there after dinner and walk across street to see your show. Saves you from having to go and park again after dinner. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal Great serviceDrPhilDined on 11/25/2014Party of four dined on a Tuesday night. We were warmly greeted. "Kat" was our waitress. She explained the specials, which were varied. Two in our party ordered the She Crab soup. The bowl was huge and both licked the bottom of the bowl. I had the crab spring rolls. They were equally good. For entrees two had oysters, one had fried shrimp, I had a Chef special- Cajun shrimp pasta. All loved their choices. Kat was a great, professional waitress. Very personable and attentive. Overall a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First Experience at This RestaurantCherylHDined on 11/21/2014We were very happy with our experience all the way around at this restaurant. We went early because we were going to a show at 8 pm so I don't know what it is like at prime dinner hours. Service was great as was the food we ordered. Well made cocktails and nice wine list, too. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEileenDined on 11/18/2014Had dinner with friends before going to Norfolk Forum. Food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a good night, the food we goodLoveDined on 11/14/2014the food was good and the The ambience was great. I would go back again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEileenDined on 11/14/2014Had dinner on 11/14/14 before Sara Evans concert at Chrysler - service was excellent. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!CityDealDined on 11/11/2014Signature crab cakes are still the best I've ever had! I haven't been in the area in about 8 years and the crab cakes haven't changed. Great place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FishFriarTuckDined on 11/9/2014What would you expect from a restaurant with fish in it's name. Open on Sunday. Stopped after the opera. Creative recipes, prepared and served with excellence. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return trip not as good as firsttvrs388VIPDined on 11/7/2014This was our second trip back to 456 Fish with a group that comes into town once a year for a conference. Last year the food was outstanding, which is why we returned. This year, not so much. My entree was outstanding, it was the fish of the day and I ordered it blackened. It was very moist and flavorful. The sides were good, not really memorable. Two of my companions ordered the cashew crusted mahi and it was so dry it was pretty much inedible. Another companion ordered the crab cakes and said they were mushy. Although the food was not up to par, and neither were the cocktails, the service was excellent. Very attentive and split 8 checks with no errors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceBaileyDined on 10/31/2014Went on Halloween night before a play at the Chrysler. Staff was dressed in costumes and supper helpful with menu choices. Very efficient and great cuisine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 456 fishyBlondieVIPDined on 10/30/2014Went to 456 fish because we had a play at the Chrysler. They were out of martini glasses when we ordered our martinis. My husband ordered the fish special which was dry. We ordered a nine dollar salad that I would not have paid a dollar, And my flat iron steak, which was also a special, was tasteless. I'll have to find another place downtown to go.Special Features:
- Excellent pre-show dinnerFromtheUrbDined on 10/30/2014Six of us went for dinner before a show and the waiter timed things just perfectly for us. After several bottles of wine, appetizers and scrumptious dinners ... We all decided this would be our go to place anytime we were in Norfolk. Would highly recommends 456Fish!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great picluv2eatandrunDined on 10/29/2014well situated near theaters and entertainment. Staff accommodates a large crowd while giving everyone special attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but noisy.StueeyDined on 10/28/2014Interesting menu. Food preparation very good. Service very good to excellent. Very noisy at dinner. Great spot for dinner before an event at Chrysler Hall because it's an easy walk and you can leave your car in the valet parking lot until after the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent timeTheBanditsDined on 10/25/2014We came for a date night after recommendation from a friend. The food was excellent! Crab cakes, fish, and a beef special offered that night were so good! The chocolate lava cake dessert was very nice. Great wine menu as well. Staff were friendly, and spot on with the great service. Thought the restaurant was pretty, romantic, and lively. Enjoyed the experience very much and eager to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealSeaDaddyDined on 10/18/2014We eat there perhaps once to twice a month. A couple of years ago, the performance in the kitchen was spotty, but over the 1-1.5 years, we have enjoyed great service and outstanding food. The wild boar last Saturday sold out by 2000, and it was delicious - paired with a great Petit Sirah off the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Norfolk's True GemreardinerDined on 10/17/2014From greeting to departure this was a pleasant experience. The wait staff was courteous, knowledgeable and responsive. The food was excellent..look, texture, taste and we'll portioned. Oh the deserts were to die for. Over great experience. Thanks 456 Fish for a great date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vivalavidaVIPDined on 10/9/2014A terrific place to eat seafood!! We loved our waitress and the outstanding service she provided us. Although the seafood was very good, it still did not hit the levels of perfection that I am looking for in the gastronomical sense.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014Loved it and our service was the best! We couldn't have asked for a better waitress/Special Features:
- Great Service757customer23508Dined on 10/1/2014The food was great and wine and beer perfect. Great selection to choose from! I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little RestaurantAbookladyDined on 9/29/2014This was our first stay in Norfolk and we walked from the Marriott to this lovely restaurant and it was a very delicious and pleasant experience. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dreamy BrunchDreamyFoodLover2Dined on 9/28/2014We had the coconut vanilla French toast, and I cannot wait to go back and try it again! The molten chocolate dessert was fantastic as well. Our server was very personable, and the whole experience was great!Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday Dinner for MomSteakLoverVIPDined on 9/27/2014We took my Mom to dinner for her 72nd birthday and she want's to come back again next year! Thy had taken the crabtini off the menu since the last time we were there but they were able to make something similar for us since we had our heart set on it. The service was wonderful and all of the food was lovely. We'll be back again for sure next year with Mom but hopefully before then!!Special Features:
- Good safe choiceLKHDDined on 9/10/2014I went here for a dinner business meeting. The meal was satisfying for everyone and not too over the top. The service was wonderful and everything was cooked perfectly. I wish the menu had a few more "new techniques" in food style, but overall everything was very yummy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Norfolk visitorLuna559Dined on 8/30/2014The restaurant name suggests something modern, maybe bistro style. In fact its an old converted pool hall and quite traditional. Nice enough for that though and the meal was enjoyable. Service was pleasant and helpful and the bill not too steep.Special Features:
- The following 90 reviews are from the 456 Fish reviews archive.
- Great SeafoodRickwDined on 7/18/2014We had been there for drinks in the past and the martini's were very good as they were again. It was on the restaurant week list, perfect opportunity to check it out. We started with calamari and she crab soup, both were excellent! Loved the hot rolls! My wife had the salmon and it was very good. It came with spinach and mashed potatoes, very nice dish! I had the potato encrusted crab cakes. I had never had them that way before. I really liked them, crisp on the outside and moist on the inside, quite tasty! For desert, creme brulee and canoli, both were good. The service was very good. It got a little noisy in there after a while, but it was a very good dining experience, I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Everything was good! Food, atmosphere, and price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014I always like dining at 456 Fish. Good place to go if you are going to a show at Chrysler Hall because you normally can park at the restuarant and walk over.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencedogloverDined on 7/14/2014Went for our 18 year anniversary, they sat us in the back, quiet, and could still enjoy the waterfall in the center. Food was great, I got the crab cake balls and my husband the salmon. The martini was very tasty. Will go back.Special Features:
- VA757VA757Dined on 7/13/2014The food was delicious! Our server was very knowledgeable of the wine list, menus and the specials of the day. This was an enjoyable evening made even more special by dining at 456 Fish.Special Features:
- Uneven Experience for SureBobbyBoyVIPDined on 7/12/2014Uneven experience at 456 on a recent Saturday night. First, the restaurant was freezing. There was a little girl at an adjacent table crying because she was so cold. They had actually wrapped cloth napkins around her to try and get warm! The gentleman at the table next to us joked he had asked for sweatpants and a sweatshirt. When we asked to move to another table not in the arctic air blast, it was significantly more comfortable. Food was great for two in our party, but my daughter's "medium" filet was barely cooked-not even to the medium rare level. Server was very apologetic. Manager did not appear to care and seemed uncomfortable even interacting with customers. Waitress was wonderful throughout; manager not so much.
- Great Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 27th Anniversary and wanted a restaurant that was new and special. I saw online reviews about excellent Callimari, which caught my attention, and they were right. Very good menu, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungryfox1Dined on 7/9/2014Great food, good wine list, outstanding service by Cat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major & DotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Delicious brunch menu. We've tried several different items---all so good that deciding what to have is the only bad part of this meal! The service was great. Kirk made certain that this was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. We'll be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Krn46Dined on 6/21/2014Food was very good. Waitress was excellent. Buzzing of pumps for the waterfalls distracted somewhat from the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood findFamilyNiteOutDined on 6/18/2014A great place to have dinner . Food , decor and service was great. Will eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodluvCfoodDined on 6/17/2014Dependable food, excellent staff. You can't go wrongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knowledgeable StaffWeekendfoodieDined on 6/7/2014Our waitress was very detailed when she reviewed the menu with us. The restaurant itself is pretty awesome. The valet parking is a big plus. Unfortunately, it took us awhile to get our food. We were told that the kitchen was slammed. It was a Saturday evening. I'd definitely dine here again but perhaps during a slower time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good serviceQuizVIPDined on 6/6/2014Overall the food was good and the service was also good. It had been a while since I had been in there and liked the seafood selections.
- No ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Took my wife there for our anniversary. We were seated quickly. No one ever came to our table for 20 minutes so we left. They were not busy.