456 Granby Street
Norfolk, VA 23510Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.456fish.com/
- Phone: 7576254444
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Billy Arnold
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: If you are interested in our private dining space, please contact our manager via email: email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Jonathan Woodward 7576254444
- Entertainment: During Sunday brunch, we are pleased to treat your ears with a talented jazz saxophonist!
A word from 456 Fish
When 456 FISH arrived on the downtown scene in Norfolk, it brought fine dining elegance to Granby Street. We focus on pristinely prepared food with refined and elegant service. Our cuisine highlights the seafood tradition of Tidewater Virginia, but our diverse menu has something for everyone!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
456 Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (23)special occasion (23)romantic (13)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (9)notable wine list (9)good for groups (9)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good, but noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/28/2014Interesting menu. Food preparation very good. Service very good to excellent. Very noisy at dinner. Great spot for dinner before an event at Chrysler Hall because it's an easy walk and you can leave your car in the valet parking lot until after the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent timeTheBanditsDined on 10/25/2014We came for a date night after recommendation from a friend. The food was excellent! Crab cakes, fish, and a beef special offered that night were so good! The chocolate lava cake dessert was very nice. Great wine menu as well. Staff were friendly, and spot on with the great service. Thought the restaurant was pretty, romantic, and lively. Enjoyed the experience very much and eager to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealSeaDaddyDined on 10/18/2014We eat there perhaps once to twice a month. A couple of years ago, the performance in the kitchen was spotty, but over the 1-1.5 years, we have enjoyed great service and outstanding food. The wild boar last Saturday sold out by 2000, and it was delicious - paired with a great Petit Sirah off the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Norfolk's True GemreardinerDined on 10/17/2014From greeting to departure this was a pleasant experience. The wait staff was courteous, knowledgeable and responsive. The food was excellent..look, texture, taste and we'll portioned. Oh the deserts were to die for. Over great experience. Thanks 456 Fish for a great date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vivalavidaVIPDined on 10/9/2014A terrific place to eat seafood!! We loved our waitress and the outstanding service she provided us. Although the seafood was very good, it still did not hit the levels of perfection that I am looking for in the gastronomical sense.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014Loved it and our service was the best! We couldn't have asked for a better waitress/Special Features:
- Great Service757customer23508Dined on 10/1/2014The food was great and wine and beer perfect. Great selection to choose from! I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little RestaurantAbookladyDined on 9/29/2014This was our first stay in Norfolk and we walked from the Marriott to this lovely restaurant and it was a very delicious and pleasant experience. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dreamy BrunchDreamyFoodLover2Dined on 9/28/2014We had the coconut vanilla French toast, and I cannot wait to go back and try it again! The molten chocolate dessert was fantastic as well. Our server was very personable, and the whole experience was great!Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday Dinner for MomSteakLoverDined on 9/27/2014We took my Mom to dinner for her 72nd birthday and she want's to come back again next year! Thy had taken the crabtini off the menu since the last time we were there but they were able to make something similar for us since we had our heart set on it. The service was wonderful and all of the food was lovely. We'll be back again for sure next year with Mom but hopefully before then!!Special Features:
- Good safe choiceLKHDDined on 9/10/2014I went here for a dinner business meeting. The meal was satisfying for everyone and not too over the top. The service was wonderful and everything was cooked perfectly. I wish the menu had a few more "new techniques" in food style, but overall everything was very yummy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Norfolk visitorLuna559Dined on 8/30/2014The restaurant name suggests something modern, maybe bistro style. In fact its an old converted pool hall and quite traditional. Nice enough for that though and the meal was enjoyable. Service was pleasant and helpful and the bill not too steep.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodRickwDined on 7/18/2014We had been there for drinks in the past and the martini's were very good as they were again. It was on the restaurant week list, perfect opportunity to check it out. We started with calamari and she crab soup, both were excellent! Loved the hot rolls! My wife had the salmon and it was very good. It came with spinach and mashed potatoes, very nice dish! I had the potato encrusted crab cakes. I had never had them that way before. I really liked them, crisp on the outside and moist on the inside, quite tasty! For desert, creme brulee and canoli, both were good. The service was very good. It got a little noisy in there after a while, but it was a very good dining experience, I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Everything was good! Food, atmosphere, and price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014I always like dining at 456 Fish. Good place to go if you are going to a show at Chrysler Hall because you normally can park at the restuarant and walk over.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencedogloverDined on 7/14/2014Went for our 18 year anniversary, they sat us in the back, quiet, and could still enjoy the waterfall in the center. Food was great, I got the crab cake balls and my husband the salmon. The martini was very tasty. Will go back.Special Features:
- VA757VA757Dined on 7/13/2014The food was delicious! Our server was very knowledgeable of the wine list, menus and the specials of the day. This was an enjoyable evening made even more special by dining at 456 Fish.Special Features:
- Uneven Experience for SureBobbyBoyVIPDined on 7/12/2014Uneven experience at 456 on a recent Saturday night. First, the restaurant was freezing. There was a little girl at an adjacent table crying because she was so cold. They had actually wrapped cloth napkins around her to try and get warm! The gentleman at the table next to us joked he had asked for sweatpants and a sweatshirt. When we asked to move to another table not in the arctic air blast, it was significantly more comfortable. Food was great for two in our party, but my daughter's "medium" filet was barely cooked-not even to the medium rare level. Server was very apologetic. Manager did not appear to care and seemed uncomfortable even interacting with customers. Waitress was wonderful throughout; manager not so much.
- Great Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 27th Anniversary and wanted a restaurant that was new and special. I saw online reviews about excellent Callimari, which caught my attention, and they were right. Very good menu, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2014Great food, good wine list, outstanding service by Cat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major & DotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Delicious brunch menu. We've tried several different items---all so good that deciding what to have is the only bad part of this meal! The service was great. Kirk made certain that this was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. We'll be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 81 reviews are from the 456 Fish reviews archive.
- Krn46Dined on 6/21/2014Food was very good. Waitress was excellent. Buzzing of pumps for the waterfalls distracted somewhat from the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood findFamilyNiteOutDined on 6/18/2014A great place to have dinner . Food , decor and service was great. Will eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodluvCfoodDined on 6/17/2014Dependable food, excellent staff. You can't go wrongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knowledgeable StaffWeekendfoodieDined on 6/7/2014Our waitress was very detailed when she reviewed the menu with us. The restaurant itself is pretty awesome. The valet parking is a big plus. Unfortunately, it took us awhile to get our food. We were told that the kitchen was slammed. It was a Saturday evening. I'd definitely dine here again but perhaps during a slower time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good serviceQuizVIPDined on 6/6/2014Overall the food was good and the service was also good. It had been a while since I had been in there and liked the seafood selections.
- No ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Took my wife there for our anniversary. We were seated quickly. No one ever came to our table for 20 minutes so we left. They were not busy.
- Subpar pricey food but great serverBL0WFISHDined on 5/24/2014Very disappointed in our experience. We left a note on the OpenTable reservation about a high chair & seating near the waterfall. Placed directly next to the door and stood at table for 5 minutes waiting hostess to bring high chair. 456 was mostly empty & the next group was places near waterfall when they walked in w/o reservation. Children's popcorn shrimp had TAILS on over half the shrimp. Soft shell crab was a disaster. I ordered the special, deep fried soft shell crab. Only 1 front claw out of 2 crabs, excessively fishy, semi hollow, & still had the "mustard"(ick). Hubby's crab stuffed flounder was MEH. Nothing special & pretty bland. Only positive note was our server. He was wonderful, attentive w/o hovering, & sweet to our toddler.
- reasonably good food50yearsofmarriageDined on 5/23/2014We had an appetizer of Calamari. I am quite sure it came out of a box. My wife's salad was superb, it was a fried goat cheese salad. My She Crab soup was very good. Now however, we get to the entrees. We both had fish, my wife an encrusted Mahi. It was very dry and overcooked. I had a crab stuffed Flounder. Again, very dry. This is a fish restaurant and they don't know how to cook fish? Both dishes could have used a little sauce if they are going to overcook the items. This was our 50th wedding anniversary dinner and all in all it was quite disappointing.
- Great Food and ServiceForestDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I went to 456 Fish for our anniversary and enjoyed everything about the restaurant. We had reservations and were seated immediately upon arrival. The food and waitress were excellent. Although the restaurant was crowded, it wasn't very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ReviewREFFYDined on 5/23/2014Had a great time at 456. Food,service and all was outstanding. Would highly recommend.Steve our waiter was excellent as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/12/2014Although we moved from Norfolk-VA Beach a few years ago, dining at 456 Fish is a MUST when we visit. From the moment we enter to the time we depart, the entire staff goes above and beyond the expectations of fine dining. Our favorite server, Cat, and the manager, Jonathan, greet us like family friends. The quality of the food and presentation are second to none. One of our favs is the Grouper - always excellent. Our other fav is, of course, the crabcake. Dining at 456 Fish continues to be a special, and delicious, experience.Special Features:
- Worth tryingdocgmVIPDined on 5/11/2014I entertained a party of six for dinner at 4-5-6 Fish. Service was superbly attentive without being overbearing. I recommend the Fried Oyster appetizer and the grouper for dinner.Special Features:
- Good as usualFoodie757Dined on 5/11/2014Been there are multiple times. Consistently good. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening out.delishdinerDined on 5/8/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at 456 fish. Service was great. Mahi and coconut risotto was wonderful. The pasta was great as well. Parking was easy and there is a valet too. The water accents in the restaurant make each table more private.Special Features:
- Great dinnerjplrDined on 5/2/2014My friend and I absolutely loved dining last Saturday night. The wait staff and the food and drinks were supurb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Fresh SeafoodFrequentDinerVIPDined on 4/25/2014No complaints at all about the freshness of the food. We had soft shell crabs which were excellent. Service was well above average and location was convenient. Would definitely recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysCatfishncwcDined on 4/13/2014We make it over to 456 Fish a few times a year and are never disappointed. I had the Fried Shrimp which we cooked to perfection and large. The sauce for the shrimp is great. My wife had the crab cakes and she loved them. Also we ordered the She Crab Soup and it was one of the best we have ever had, it is a must order for every visit.Special Features:
- Best crab cakes in Hampton Roads!Scully0317Dined on 4/12/2014I know, it's a bold statement, but 456 Fish's crab cakes are truly the best I've had since loving to the area nearly 2 years ago. They don't have any filler, and are coated in a potato chip crust that is to die for. The calamari was also excellent (especially with their house-made basil aioli). We went out for a date night on a Saturday night and were surprised there was only one other couple in the restaurant. Admittedly, we opted for a late (9:00) dinner. Regardless, the waitress was pleasant, attentive, and knowledgable about the menu. We shared the 456 ganache for dessert and it was one of the best ever chocolate desserts I've tasted. Highly recommend this restaurant if you live in, or are visiting, the Norfolk area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table ConciergeBreezyPointDined on 4/9/2014We went to 456 Fish on the recommendation of Open Table and nothing else. It turned out to be a great recommendation. Everyone enjoyed dinner - from the youngest diner sitting in a high chair to the parents. I can personally recommend the prime rib. There's also a reasonable selection of wines by the glass. We need to go back with more time to enjoy dessert. 456 Fish is a star in downtown Norfolk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.