44 Stone Public House
3910 Peachtreee Dr.
Columbia, MO 65203Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
44 Stone Public House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.44stonepub.com/
- Phone: (573) 443-2726
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 5:00pm,;
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Sulltrop
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We also have a Private Dining Room that can accommodate up to 50 guests. It has a flat panel monitor with HDMI connection and an independent, wireless access sound system. Please call us (573.443.2726) to set up a Private Dining Room reservation.
- Private Party Facilities: Our cellar room can accomodate up to 20 guests. It has a flat screen TV which can connect to your computer for presentations (and has Direct TV), an independent sound system and wireless internet access.
- Private Party Contact: Dave Faron 5734432726
- Entertainment: Multiple TVs, Dartboards, Private Rooms with Independent Audio/Visual Equipment.
A word from 44 Stone Public House
Columbia's Gastropub. Quality Food, Fine Ales & Good Whiskey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
44 Stone Public House - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
44 Stone Public House reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)good for groups (27)special occasion (21)hot spot (19)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (13)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (10)romantic (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Upscale pub food, great tap selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014I love this place for stopping to have a beer or dining out. They have specials that are usually fantastic. I also like the fact that you can purchase a small pour on tap so you can try several different beers, particularly because some options are high alcohol sometimes. Kyle and Matt are always fantastic and make sure you are taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The service and food were excellent. The only thing I didn't like was despite making a reservation we were put at a typical 2 top with 2 chairs on the end on a busy corner. Usually when we make reservations we get a nicer table. I probably should have specified that this was a business dinner and asked for a table in a quiet area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulHardtobeatDined on 11/7/2014Our dinner was wonderful. We had a large group that Kyle accommodated for us,which was so nice. The service was fabulous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemMaloneDined on 11/1/2014I have been frequenting 44 stone since it opened. This it an authentic gastro pub. Great cuisine, excellent ambience, and a wonderful bar selection. The owners and wait staff are friendly and passionate about your dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group reservationRobynDined on 11/1/2014I had made a reservation for a large group for a birthday. They were very accomodating, had the tables ready when we got there, and provided great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsBarleyDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The food was well presented and tasted wonderful! Our server was friendly, helpful and really enhanced our experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!semperfi91Dined on 10/25/2014I had family down from out of state and I couldn't have picked a more perfect place to take them. The drinks were great and the good was outstanding. It was also very pleasant that we could sit outside and have a normal conversation without having to raise our voice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good findArtsygirl01VIPDined on 10/24/2014Had the charcuterie platter and a wonderful Belgian white beer, which was recommended by server. We had the tandoori chicken sandwich, Reuben, hamburger and roasted chicken-- all were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good DiningOBrooksDined on 10/16/2014Our food was flavorful and well prepared. Menu items were unique, but did not leave you wondering how the dish could possibly work. Our steaks had too much gristle for the price, but were moist and cooked properly. Prices are reasonable. Spirit selection is outstanding, and there are many unusual beers. Our waiter was the best server that I've had in years. He was calm, precise, free of cliché remarks, wasn't chewing gum, and always had his eye on our table. He knew just when to intrude on our eveningSpecial Features:
- Great service and good foodBookClubGalsDined on 10/16/2014Staff had us set up for 8-12 people in the Cellar room as we requested in our reservation. But it was such a nice October day, we switched to outside seating. Eric W. quickly and easily accommodated us. He was friendly , attentive, and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT SO SURE ANYMORE...5OHSVIPDined on 10/11/2014My 20th visit here . visiting my daughter @ MIZZOU. Service - same as usual = educated, polite, professional and friendly wait staff. Food = not universally great. Steak/Potato special void of flavor... Pork Sandwich = sadly, raw. Potato Coins = Fantastic. LAMB SLIDERS = ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS. Just mixed bag on the food . I think there are some items that are a slam dunk (lamb sliders, ploughman's plate) and some things that are hit or miss.. I still love the ambiance, but the distance from campus versus the other options closer to campus will make me think harder from now on... and I LOVED this place and have sent scores of people here in the last 4 years ... Haven't given up yet, but hey, re-evaluate and taste all of your offeringsSpecial Features:
- wish it had not been so loud!gagalVIPDined on 10/10/2014we were very glad that we had reservations! Friday night was a really busy night here. Huge variety of beer choices! Menu offered many unique choices. We had the pub cheese fritters as one of our appetizers...not really something I would ever try again. The Welsh rarebit was very good....very different than how I make it. We lived the wedge salad which used romaine lettuce instead of the usual iceberg. The presentation was also very nice. My main course was the pork belly Sandwich. The flavors put together we're very tasty! I do wish the pork belly had been cooked a little longer.Special Features:
- Loud and funjaredsmith83Dined on 10/9/2014When you first pull up to 44 Stone, you may not expect what you're about to walk into. It looks like a quiet restaurant but once you get inside you quickly learn it's far from it. It was louder than we expected but it didn't hamper our evening. We were quickly seated and attended to and told of the specials. They have an immense selection of beers, wines, and other spirits both from the states and internationally. The food menu was not too big but still had great variety from appetizers to desserts. My wife had the steak special of the day and I went with bangers and mash. We also had Welsh Rarebit to start which was amazing. The food was very well done and presented. We will eat there again and I recommend it to anyone wanting varietySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mary HelenMachieDined on 10/7/2014This was our first visit. Very friendly. Liked having space and privacy for our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Cut AboveHomeHawaiiVIPDined on 10/5/2014Although somewhat hidden among a cluster of cookie cutter buildings, the search was well worth the effort. The menu selections varied from the usual tried and true items to those dishes that would appeal to gourmet leaning palate. An attractive atmosphere served to enhance the dining experience. Despite a background noise that was amplified by the interior architecture it never reached a level that interfered with table conversation. Overall a cut above and well worth a try - and once that you do, it is very likely that you will be a repeat customer.Special Features:
- Great PlacemsjohnsDined on 10/2/2014Great for a date night spot. Plenty of beer options. TVs were on, but not distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGR8GrubDined on 10/2/2014Great Service - always. Great food always - Good beer always -what is not to enjoy!Special Features:
- a Great findfoodiesDined on 9/28/2014We arrived about 20 minutes before they opened not knowing how long it would take us to find it. We were welcomed in with smiles and offered a cup of coffee while the staff finished getting things ready for the day. Everyone was very friendly and engaging, laughter from the kitchen it looked as if they all really enjoyed working at 44. Our food and service were both exceptional with great presentation. We had the deviled eggs with smoked salmon and lamb sliders for appetizers. We each ordered a different entrée so that we could try a variety. We were all very pleased & being foodies that's not always the case. We may need to make another trip down from Iowa just for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014Had a great dinner out with our daughter during family weekend....busy, but very good!Special Features:
- Perfect spot for group of 7JennDined on 9/12/2014We wanted a quiet spot and got it! We could all hear each other and the server was delightful and attentive. We didn't think on a pre-football game night that we could get a reservation, but so glad we did. Great price on the house wines for happy hour. Meals were excellent. Thanks 44 Stone. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaVIPDined on 9/6/2014My group was in town for the MS150. This is the fourth year our very large group has eaten at this restaurant. The food and the service is always perfect. Dave, the owner, accommodates us and Kyle our waiter was superb!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful SpotTeachusfourVIPDined on 9/5/2014My friend and I went there on Friday night before the MS150 ride in Columbia. The receptionist was gracious and accommodating. We both ate salmon which was terrified. The beer list was extensive and we both enjoyed the brew. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingthemadisonsDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I went here for our Anniversary and it was just amazing. It is a very cute atmosphere and the service was perfect we were never in need of anything it was often brought before we had a chance to ask. The food was to die for. We had the Welsh Rarebit for an appetizer and it was a great choice we then both had the beef feature which was a thick strip steak over housemade masked potatoes and local squash and zucchini finished with a pineapple curry butter which tied it all together perfectly. It was also plated very pretty. We will visit here again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceKateSDined on 8/30/2014The gentleman behind the bar with the "memorable mustache" was excellent! Malisa (not sure if that's how you spell it sorry) was the best waitress I have had there! Great food! Great drinks! Excellent experience! Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar EstablishmentFoodGoodDined on 8/23/2014I have yet to be disappointed! I'm never worried about trying something new.Special Features:
- great service great food great beerjeremy981Dined on 8/22/2014This place was great. My wife and I split the 44 stone burger and it was delicious. We also tried the pub cheese fritters which were very rich but delicious. The mustard they came with was phenomenal. They also had some great beers that you can't find anywhere around town and our waiter knew everything there was to know about every beer they had on tap. Great service and great food. We will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing pubFoodandloveDined on 7/30/201444 stone is a true gem. The food is exploding with flavor and the beer list goes on and on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 227 reviews are from the 44 Stone Public House reviews archive.
- ALWAYS ExcellentBigEaterDined on 7/5/2014We are regulars at 44 Stone, having eaten more than 20 meals there, and not a single one was sub-par. The food is always beyond excellent, the service impeccable, and the cleanliness flawless....eat here, you won't regret it.Special Features:
- 44 stone has delicious foodFoodandFriendsDined on 6/29/2014I went with a small group on Sunday. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. I high recommend the Cheese Fritters. They're delicious!Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchZestyJDined on 6/29/2014My family and I dined at 44 Stone for my birthday, and the experience was terrific. Three of us ordered the Smoked Salmon Hash with poached eggs, and the hash was loaded with tasty chunks of salmon, and the eggs were perfectly poached. Our other diner ordered the Classic English Breakfast, and he declared it to be a great representation. We all imbibed the Bacon Bloody Marys, which were the perfect accompaniment. I have dined at 44 Stone numerous times, and only once was it less than wonderful. I especially appreciate the diverse ale list (and the small-sized option that allows you to try several types without committing to a full pt) and the amazing whisky list. I highly recommend this establishment. Don't overlook the Welsh Rarebit.Special Features:
- dinner for twomommydaddydatesDined on 6/20/2014the menu is unique and the food is delicious. We have always had great service hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sandwiches!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014On a recent Mizzou Summer Welcome visit, we stopped here for dinner out-early Father's Day! Great sandwiches (veggie, pork, talapia, and fish/chips! Enjoyed the beer sampling! Will come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good - would not recommendEnjoyLifeDined on 5/18/2014We had lunch at 44 Stone Public House before graduation. Our table was very nice and the wait staff was attentive but the food. Not great. I would not recommend.Special Features:
- Can count on a pleasant timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Our friends asked to return for brunch. Out of town guest really enjoyed the whole experience. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Graduation LunchMizzouTigerDined on 5/17/2014Our son graduated from college on Saturday! We all enjoyed our time and lunch at 44 Stone Public House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation lunchMizzougrad14Dined on 5/16/2014I went there to celebrate my college graduation and the food, service, and drinks were amazing. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- short noticejustchowDined on 5/9/2014with only a 3 hr notice on a friday night we were able to make open table reservations for 8. upon arrival we were taken to a private room that was near all the action but quietSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt welcome and well cared formgrobertsonDined on 4/22/2014Friendly service, but not intrusively so. Very comfortable environment. Food was awesome.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceFoodieInMODined on 4/20/2014We went here for Easter brunch with our two small children. We were immediately seated (had reservation) and waited on very attentively by our server and others. They had a special kids' menu for the brunch as well as a yummy Easter Brunch menu. The food was prompt and so delicious. I definitely would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- iTap with food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014This place has a GREAT selection of beers from around the world and delicious cuisine to match.Special Features: