44 Stone Public House
3910 Peachtreee Dr.
Columbia, MO 65203Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
44 Stone Public House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.44stonepub.com/
- Phone: 5734432726
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 5:00pm,;
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Sulltrop
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We also have a Private Dining Room that can accommodate up to 50 guests. It has a flat panel monitor with HDMI connection and an independent, wireless access sound system. Please call us (573.443.2726) to set up a Private Dining Room reservation.
- Private Party Facilities: Our cellar room can accomodate up to 20 guests. It has a flat screen TV which can connect to your computer for presentations (and has Direct TV), an independent sound system and wireless internet access.
- Private Party Contact: Dave Faron 5734432726
- Entertainment: Multiple TVs, Dartboards, Private Rooms with Independent Audio/Visual Equipment.
A word from 44 Stone Public House
Columbia's Gastropub. Quality Food, Fine Ales & Good Whiskey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
44 Stone Public House - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
44 Stone Public House reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (27)fit for foodies (26)special occasion (22)neighborhood gem (21)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (13)romantic (11)notable wine list (10)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I went here for our Anniversary and it was just amazing. It is a very cute atmosphere and the service was perfect we were never in need of anything it was often brought before we had a chance to ask. The food was to die for. We had the Welsh Rarebit for an appetizer and it was a great choice we then both had the beef feature which was a thick strip steak over housemade masked potatoes and local squash and zucchini finished with a pineapple curry butter which tied it all together perfectly. It was also plated very pretty. We will visit here again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The gentleman behind the bar with the "memorable mustache" was excellent! Malisa (not sure if that's how you spell it sorry) was the best waitress I have had there! Great food! Great drinks! Excellent experience! Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar EstablishmentFoodGoodDined on 8/23/2014I have yet to be disappointed! I'm never worried about trying something new.Special Features:
- great service great food great beerjeremy981Dined on 8/22/2014This place was great. My wife and I split the 44 stone burger and it was delicious. We also tried the pub cheese fritters which were very rich but delicious. The mustard they came with was phenomenal. They also had some great beers that you can't find anywhere around town and our waiter knew everything there was to know about every beer they had on tap. Great service and great food. We will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing pubFoodandloveDined on 7/30/201444 stone is a true gem. The food is exploding with flavor and the beer list goes on and on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS ExcellentBigEaterDined on 7/5/2014We are regulars at 44 Stone, having eaten more than 20 meals there, and not a single one was sub-par. The food is always beyond excellent, the service impeccable, and the cleanliness flawless....eat here, you won't regret it.Special Features:
- 44 stone has delicious foodFoodandFriendsDined on 6/29/2014I went with a small group on Sunday. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. I high recommend the Cheese Fritters. They're delicious!Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchZestyJDined on 6/29/2014My family and I dined at 44 Stone for my birthday, and the experience was terrific. Three of us ordered the Smoked Salmon Hash with poached eggs, and the hash was loaded with tasty chunks of salmon, and the eggs were perfectly poached. Our other diner ordered the Classic English Breakfast, and he declared it to be a great representation. We all imbibed the Bacon Bloody Marys, which were the perfect accompaniment. I have dined at 44 Stone numerous times, and only once was it less than wonderful. I especially appreciate the diverse ale list (and the small-sized option that allows you to try several types without committing to a full pt) and the amazing whisky list. I highly recommend this establishment. Don't overlook the Welsh Rarebit.Special Features:
- dinner for twomommydaddydatesDined on 6/20/2014the menu is unique and the food is delicious. We have always had great service hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sandwiches!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014On a recent Mizzou Summer Welcome visit, we stopped here for dinner out-early Father's Day! Great sandwiches (veggie, pork, talapia, and fish/chips! Enjoyed the beer sampling! Will come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good - would not recommendEnjoyLifeDined on 5/18/2014We had lunch at 44 Stone Public House before graduation. Our table was very nice and the wait staff was attentive but the food. Not great. I would not recommend.Special Features:
- Can count on a pleasant timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Our friends asked to return for brunch. Out of town guest really enjoyed the whole experience. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Graduation LunchMizzouTigerDined on 5/17/2014Our son graduated from college on Saturday! We all enjoyed our time and lunch at 44 Stone Public House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation lunchMizzougrad14Dined on 5/16/2014I went there to celebrate my college graduation and the food, service, and drinks were amazing. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- short noticejustchowDined on 5/9/2014with only a 3 hr notice on a friday night we were able to make open table reservations for 8. upon arrival we were taken to a private room that was near all the action but quietSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 217 reviews are from the 44 Stone Public House reviews archive.
- Felt welcome and well cared formgrobertsonDined on 4/22/2014Friendly service, but not intrusively so. Very comfortable environment. Food was awesome.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceFoodieInMODined on 4/20/2014We went here for Easter brunch with our two small children. We were immediately seated (had reservation) and waited on very attentively by our server and others. They had a special kids' menu for the brunch as well as a yummy Easter Brunch menu. The food was prompt and so delicious. I definitely would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- iTap with food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014This place has a GREAT selection of beers from around the world and delicious cuisine to match.Special Features:
- Lunch time reviewtigersrunDined on 4/18/201444 Stone Public House was recommended by my husband. Lunch was a treat for me and a new friend who is being promoted. The server was charming and terrific with timely checks on our needs. We both ordered the salmon and it was delicious beyond words although it was a bit pricey for a lunch portion.Special Features:
- Favorite Place to DineRoniBDined on 4/16/2014My husband I enjoy 44 Stone. We eat there regularly. The atmosphere is awesome! The staff is friendly and knowledgeable of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!caesartobyDined on 4/5/2014We had great food, service was wonderful. Food served in a very timely manner and our server was attentive but not overly so. Good experience.....we will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great change of pace.FlavorFreshDined on 3/29/2014The menu and beer list was a fresh selection...Service was great!Special Features:
- Hidden GemMaloneDined on 3/21/2014This restaurant takes your average Gastropub to a whole new level. While the beverage menu is exhausting it is the food that keeps me coming back. The menu is unique and the food is always done to a T. The specials are usually amazing. Don't be afraid to go outside the box and try something new. You won't be disappointed. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable as are the owners/chefs. I have been frequenting this restaurant since it opened and I recommend it to anyone looking for a nice atmosphere with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reunionjustchowDined on 3/20/2014There were 6 adults and 2 children under 10. everyone had something different they wanted to try . All were delighted with the meals. The beverages were also great . all complemented the service as well as the ease of being seated. Eight of us showed up 5 minutes early and were taken directly to our waiting table. Whats not to enjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DInner for the HubbyHansonKDined on 3/17/2014I reserved a table for 19 and got a nice back room. Very private and our waiter did a great job keeping up with our drink and food orders. Food was excellent as always. We had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST south of town brunchABcomofoodieDined on 3/16/2014You don't have to stay in downtown Columbia to find an outstanding brunch. You want to taste truly satisfying brunch? Well, the folks at 44 Stone care about every dish whether it be the smoked salmon hash with perfectly velvety eggs or the breakfast bread pudding that's kicked up with vanilla chantilly cream. You're not just going to get brunch when you go to 44 Stone. You're going to have a food experience. We are regulars and it is ALWAYS impressive and ALWAYS delicious. Great service, great a atmosphere, great drinks and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014I had the salmon and my wife had their signature cheese burger. We were both impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedMidMoMom27Dined on 3/15/2014We ate here about a year ago and loved everything about 44 Stone. We came back for a birthday dinner date. We ordered app right when we sat down and it didn't arrive until after we finished the entree. Waitress only half hearted apologized and made no effort to make it up to us. Food was not nearly as good as it had been. "Brined" chicken was dry and skin wasn't crispy - fatal flaw in my book. Welsh Rabbit had been one of dreams and this time, besides being late, was lacking in flavor. Probably won't be back. Shame since it had once been amazing.Special Features:
- Best of CoMoBigEaterDined on 3/15/2014Easily one of the best in town. Every time I go I don't want to leave. The prices are good for the ample portions you receive, and the food is unbelievable! Great, great place for a "fancy" dinner, or a burger and one of the endless list of beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food/great craft beersafenelsonDined on 3/14/2014Amazing food and great craft beer selection!! We got the fish and chips and Reuben and they were amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good locally owned restaurantJustaTownieDined on 3/14/2014Extensive craft and local micro-brew beer selection, both in bottle and on tap, highlight this English pub style restaurant. The fare is seasonal as is the patio! Interior seating is cozy and the atmosphere is a little busy. The restaurant can accommodate up to 50 for special occasions (think rehearsal diners, graduation events, etc) and the excellent service does not suffer during these times! I've eaten here several times, and can honestly say I haven't tried anything that I wouldn't order again. From burgers and fries, to bangers and mash, 44 Stone is truly a local gem!Special Features:
- Great spot for beer loversloftdwellerDined on 3/14/2014The food was great. I had a bourbon salmon with potatoes and kale. YUM! They had a great selection of beers which pleased my husband. I thought it would be a "pub" but it is more restaurant than pub. We actually sat in the back room - white table cloths - so we could talk with friends but the whole place is beautiful. It will be even better when the weather warms up and the patio is open.Special Features:
- Local Bar with Extensive Beer ListloftdwellerDined on 3/11/2014We enjoyed our meal and the beer but don't go here if you want low fat. The salmon was excellent but we asked for steamed veggies as a side, The waitress they couldn't do that so we asked for a baked potato with no toppings - they only do the mashed potatoes then she pointed out the side options on the menu that were all high fat options. - oh, well. We like a restaurant that will make accommodations for a family member who has had a heart attack and is on low fat diet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceDaveDined on 3/8/2014We dined at 44 Stone Public House on a Saturday evening and had an exceptional experience. This is definitely the spot to try many different types of beer. The selection is quite extensive (as well as a large whiskey selection). I had the Pear Saison and another pale ale selection. Both were very good. I had the Bangers and Mash which was very good. My wife had the Angus burger (which had come highly recommended. The couple dining with us had the steak and salmon and enjoyed it. Our server was very nice and attentive and was exceptional well-versed on the menu and the beer selection. She was very impressive. We will definitely be going back soon and we would highly recommend the 44 Stone Public House to others for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large PartyBroodnutshotDined on 3/7/2014I was looking for a venue that could handle 10 people on a Friday night and they did. Even the addition of 2 extras didn't throw them. I've been eating here for years and unlike a lot of places, they haven't become complacent, the food is consistantly above par (their cheese polenta and mushy peas are the best I've ever had). Another nice thing about the Stone is that their beer selection doesn't have anyone in the same league, let alone anyone who could be considered a competitor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewbirthdaybashDined on 3/1/2014We Had A Large Group And We Were In A Room To Ourselves Which Was Grest. Much Quieter, Great Food, Great Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun outing for friendsKekonaDined on 2/28/2014We've been here many times, each time has been great. Make a reservation for friday night, if i hadn't i'm not sure we've gotten in. Food was great, service was professional. We started out a little slow but kept us in drinks, good timing between courses and all our food was hot and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but loudoneguyVIPDined on 2/28/2014We have been to this restaurant numbers of times and generally like the food and drink. They have a curried vegetable dish, which you can get with chicken, which is a reliably tasty dish we often get, as we did this time. We tried the fish and chips, which our server said everyone likes. We thought it was so-so. They have an impressive selection of beers and whiskeys. I like IPAs and they usually have some interesting ones on tap as they did this time -- an Imperial that I liked. They are happy to give tastes of beers on tap and wines by the glass, though they serve them in tiny plastic cups, which seems weird. The restaurant is very loud, which some people may like or at least not mind. Be prepared unless you go on off hours.Special Features:
- 2nd tryNuthousefriendsDined on 2/18/2014Ate here shortly after it opened: pretty ragged, wait staff untrained, service slow and inaccurate then. This visit was much improved. Brought out-of-town guest who had been one time and liked it. This time was well above average for area pubs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep your expectations in checkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Made reservations a week in advance for daughters 20th birthday. Arrived on time. A lot of stumbling regarding whether we had a reservation or not--presume they could not find it as we were seated at a table for two with a chair pulled up to seat three. I sat in the aisle. Ran out of water. Food excellent. Was disappointed with accommodations. Was expecting service to meet the food quality I had heard of. Too many choices in town to endure another evening in the aisle with a week long reservation.I would recommend this to a friend.