44 Restaurant & Bar
3290 Adeline St
Berkeley, CA 94703Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
44 Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://44restaurantandbar.com/
- Phone: (510) 982-1609
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: W, Su 4:00pm-11:00pm
Dinner: Th 4:00pm-12:00am
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Kenneth Wynn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
- Entertainment: Live Jazz on Sundays
A word from 44 Restaurant & Bar
44 Restaurant & Bar located on the corner of Adeline & Alcatraz in Berkeley, CA is the perfect blend of hip, sexy & bold. We offer a bold flavorful menu designed by local chef Ken Wynn. Chef Wynn has created a simple menu enhanced with bold creative flavors. Our dining area holds 30 diners - our much sought after lounge area is decorated with custom, comfortable couches for the diner or person wishing to just relax and enjoy the atmosphere. To top it all off, we offer a 21 seat bar that any of our professionally trained bartenders can assist you in your 44 experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
44 Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (5)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- I love the 44 loungeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014I love the 44 lounge I have always enjoy the FOOD, MUSIC AND DRINKS.... every time I have a get together I RECOMMEND THE 44 LOUNGE.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceStormVIPDined on 11/8/2014The food was very good when we finally got it. But it took 30 mins to get our drinks and even longer for our food. The food came out in no particular order. I got my salad after my entree. The service was just too slow. It wasn't even alot of people there. Think they had only 1 server for the entire restaurant. It was disappointing.
- The following 3 reviews are from the 44 Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Good FoodLadyroseDined on 7/27/2014The food was yummy, and very good portion size. The most notable was the lemon pepper chicken wings- fried and seasoned to perfection. Also prawns very good size and seasoned well. Pleasing to the palate- no need for salt. The Cajun pasta was also hit, spicy just enough. With prWns and sauce not too heavy. The drinks stand in their one, if you like a stiff drink here is the place to come! Great Happy Hourand late night hours! The waitress was very nice, but to no fault of her own was not very attentive to the table. Given the fact that she was waiting solely on half the restaurant. The other half was being manned by another waitress- just two for ghee lent ire place- my only suggestion is Gary could use more help!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to Like Neighborhood SpotBerkeleyDinerDined on 5/21/2014I really wanted to enjoy this restaurant but the service was exceeding slow and the food was overpriced and disappointing. $15 for 13 cooked shrimp in broth? French Fries and House special Sweet Potato tots had a strange taste.I also saw some worrisome food practices. From where I was sitting I could see the line cook set the paper order right on top of the cooked food and by the time the waitress arrived, she had to peel the soggy paper off the food. A house cocktail was advertised as having an orange flavor, there was nothing orange about it. My drink was so watered down that I am guessing it sat on the bar for quite a while. Skip this restaurant and head to Angelina's for dinner then maybe stop by for a glass of wine.Special Features:
- Nice place to relax for dinnerluvmusicDined on 5/8/2014The atmosphere here was very nice. Seating was somewhat difficult. When reserving a table you need to note that your would prefer a booth since table seating wasn't very comfortable for eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.