44 & X
622 Tenth Ave
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
44 & X
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://44andx.com/
- Phone: (212) 977-1170
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:45pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:45pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:45pm,
Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11:45pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:15am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Hart
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from 44 & X
WELCOME TO 44 & X HELL’S KITCHEN, at the northeast corner of Forty-fouth Street and Tenth Avenue. Enjoy a respite from a stressful New York day in a jewel-box setting, within walking distance of Broadway and Theatre Row. Our seasonally-inspired menu features reinvented American classics and the finest hand-selected meats. Settle in at a comfy table for lunch, dinner and weekend brunch. Or indulge, any time, in one of our Tony-themed cocktails at the bar. Come in. Your table is ready.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
44 & X reviews from OpenTable diners
249 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (154)fit for foodies (143)great for brunch (89)great for outdoor dining (87)special occasion (61)hot spot (60)great for lunch (55)good for groups (54)romantic (43)notable wine list (29)late-night find (19)vibrant bar scene (18)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (6)Show More
- Lively with great food.SM12VIPDined on 11/16/2014Enjoy our meals here and tried brunch recently which was delicious. Staff is professional and keeps up with service. Only issue is numbers of tables and throng waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOR DEAF PEOPLEjordon50VIPDined on 11/16/2014I like this place very much--better for dinner than brunch. But the noise level is ridiculous. We had to scream through the whole meal. Unbearable.
- Not a local and been here twice404ShoeGalDined on 11/16/2014Each year I travel to NYC for a girls weekend and this is the second year in a row that we end our trip with 44&X brunch....our experience both times was fantastic and the food just delightful. Of course doesn't hurt that their brunch cocktail list is fun and yummy! Highly recommend this little gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive, but very goodmarkwatDined on 11/15/2014This is by no means a place that looks fancy, but it does have very good, high-end food, and very good service. It seems very expensive, considering the very casual ambiance, but I guess it really the food that counts. Four of us went there last week, each had two drinks and spent $340, including tip. I really enjoyed myself, but just felt it was a little overpriced, even for NYC. If the price tag does not scare you away, then by all means go, and you will have a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ate everythingthorsonDined on 11/14/2014I did. My plate was clean when they took it away. Only wished we had a chef like theirs here in Palm Springs, CA, or maybe not, I would just get fatter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- soliddiningloverVIPDined on 11/13/2014solid restaruant. always very good food pleasant atmosphere tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.....missio55Dined on 11/13/2014Great location. Great ambiance. Waiter was very professional and very friendly. Drink/wine portions were generous. Loved the menu. Had a hard time choosing. Food was up-to-date and interesting but not fadish. Perfect portions. Very flavorful pairings. EXCELLENT dessert list. Third visit, everything is consistent. Attention paid even to the quality of the bread and coffee. Definitely my go-to favorite.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodCTheDined on 11/12/2014I have always enjoyed 44&X. The food and service are consistently great. The menu has choices across a broad range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soooo good!Thyme2EatDined on 11/11/2014We had the best time at 44 & X. The food was outstanding - everything we got was spot on and the entire staff were all so friendly and accommodating. Being new to the neighborhood, I'm so glad to have this place nearby. As an avid cook, I often find myself leaving restaurants thinking "I could have made that meal better"...not so with 44 & X!! I will definitely be returning. The short ribs are an absolute must try and vermont cheddar macaroni and cheese is something dreams are made of.Special Features:
- Great "Special" Night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014We visited NYC for my husband's 40th Birthday & found 44 & X very nice. Wait staff was excellent & found was great. Expensive but ok for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencedjmccraneVIPDined on 11/9/2014Brunch before a Sunday Matinee. Great menu, lots of choices for Brunch. Food was delicious. Nice early November day so we ate outside. Will return.Special Features:
- Mynee131VIPDined on 11/8/2014Loved the restaurant. Attractive with outstanding food, drinks and service though on the pricey side. The noise level was well over what we generally enjoy but as we approached the 8:00 pm hour (theatre start time), the noise level diminished. Overall, it was a terrific restaurant and we will return.Special Features:
- Not impressedYBH76Dined on 11/8/2014I did not actually eat at this restaurant. We arrived 15 minutes early and the waitress could not find my reservation (she inquired if we made reservations for a restaurant with a similar name located nearby). When I showed her my reservation, she looked again and still could not find it....she was keeping a list of names and reservations on a piece of paper. She told us that we would have to wait for our designated time and then she would try to get us in. Needless to say, we left and were seated immediately at nearby restaurant that had more of a 'neighborhood' atmosphere and a good brunch selection.
- Dinner was prepared perfectly.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Dinner was enjoyable and our food was prepared perfectly. It's not a huge space, so it's intimate and can be a bit crowded, but not over the top. We sat on the side that includes the bar, and the noise level was vibrant, but nothing that took away from our experience. Very worthwhile if you've not visited here before.Special Features:
- Traveler327Traveler327Dined on 11/7/2014This was a friend's recommendation & I'm so glad I asked. Good was excellent as was the service! Had the lamb, perfectly done and a huge portion. Too many wonderful choices for just one visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AvoidTrendy80Dined on 11/6/2014Terrible experience. Hostess was so rude and awful food. None of us finished any of it. Style over substance. Not cool.
- Amazing!!Food4thoughtDined on 11/6/2014Amazing is one of the only words I can use to describe it! From the cocktails to apps to dinner to dessert, everything was delicious!! The service was wonderful and I can't wait to go back and try more items on the menu. It's our new favorite place to eat in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glassy, Open & Effortlessly ElegantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2014The food here is always very tasty and prettily prepared. The space itself is open, bright, glass walled, well located at the corner of 45th street & tenth avenue & near the theatre district. The service is always very attentive and the menu non complicated but enticing & interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- refreshing lunch pre theatereaterDined on 11/5/2014Great food, something for everyone. Wonderful, cheerful service.Special Features:
- Great mealJimWDined on 11/2/2014It was a great meal. We did feel a bit rushed by our server. They wanted our table for the next reservation. We wanted another bloody mary!Special Features:
- Loud, tacky, bad servicePaulVIPDined on 11/1/2014I have been coming here for years and each time, it is worse than the time before. They have the worst table design and they will put tables so close that you are basically sharing a table with the people next to you. They are rude when you come in, the menu is almost the same as ten years ago and the staff is slovenly and unfriendly.
- Great food&wine!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014For a foreigner like me (I'm Swedish), the spoke of the best of american styles. Eich, flavourful and absolutely scrumptios. The very nice pino noir we got recommended turned out to perfectly complement the dishes we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding MealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/1/2014Had the best meal in years at this restaurant! Duck and lamb were outstanding, waiter was fabulous, a tad nosiy but it was Sat. night pre-theater. Not cheap but so delicious. A special treat. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Hot Food In Hells KitchenJalanTexasDined on 10/30/2014Third time to NYC and third time to 44&X and it doesn't get better. No matter what fish entre I try the result is the same - exceptional food. I have taken 3 groups of collegues to dinner here and have hit a home run each and every time. Outstanding food and wine.Special Features:
- Terrific!postmDined on 10/30/2014First time dining at 44&X. It was a delight. Arrived a little early, but there was no problem. The restaurant is bright and cheerful and clean. The service was great and food met or exceed our expectations. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was delicious!2MassachusettsMamasDined on 10/29/2014Our group of four had a lovely pre-show dinner. Wonderful, friendly service, fab food, quick walk to theater after. Even a candle in the birthday girl's dessert!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014We found the meal pricey, especially the appetizers though my chopped salad was good. We told our waiter that we had a 7:30 show (we arrived at 5:45). Our waiter was very nice and conscientious of that, but still there was an unusually wait between the appetizers and when our entree was served. Too long. I don't blame the waiter
- Great Sunday Brunch4martinsDined on 10/26/2014First visit to 44 & X and it was great! Fantastic brunch - omelets were huge and delicious. Our server was outstanding - he gave us lots of information on the menu and helped us narrow in on the items that we ordered. It was a little to cold to sit outside, but the outdoor dining looks to be a good spot for sometime in the future.Special Features:
- Brunch atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2014Bright and white ambiance lends itself very well to a great brunch place. The first rate Bloody Mary or sparkling wine and fruit cocktail help with the eye opening brunch experience. Brunch before theater could not be better.Special Features:
- Marvelous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Dined with my wife for our anniversary. Their food, dessert drinks and wine were exquisite. When in Manhattan, this is a place to go. Definitively we will return next time we visit. Customer service was undeniably courteous and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit was greatTearoseDined on 10/25/2014Good food, friendly staff, reasonable prices for the quality. We enjoyed our second visit as much as the first, which means we'll go back again and can recommend you try it, as well. Easy walk to theatres.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experiencezbssmomDined on 10/25/2014We went to 44 1/2 while we waited for our table.....AWESOME, good size drinks and VERY attentive staff. Then 44 & X for dinner......There was a fantastic selection of food that all sounded wonderful on the menu and tasted just as good! Very reasonably priced for a NYC restaurant too! Every plate had a beautiful presentation, and the staff was personable and very attentive. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/18/2014I think I could have eaten everything on this menu. There are great choices for everyone. We got the Ravioli appetizer that had spinach, mushroom and crab meat and it was so delicious I might have it as an entree the next time. It is not what you would expect, it's more of a deconstructed ravioli as was the beat salad. But still delicous. We had the special chilean seabass and that was also amazing. They do kind of pack you in there and it's kind of loud, so might not be the spot if you're looking for a quite evening.Special Features:
- Great brunch and better service!AlbertHVIPDined on 10/18/2014Went to brunch on Saturday with 4 adults and 1 sleeping baby and had a great time. We were seated outside on a nice morning and able to get the energetic vibe of the city on a Saturday morning as well as eat some great food. I was actually most impressed with the incredibly attentive service from our waiter and busboys. Even though we were in the far corner of the outdoor area and they had to actually walk out and around the barrier to get us water and such they did so with speed, frequency, and pleasure.Special Features:
- NYC TreasuretheophanyDined on 10/17/2014the food was AMAZING, the service was perfect - every waiter was fabulous, friendly, attentive - best service we had in NYC! Do NOT miss going to this restaurant if you are in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantMarshaVIPDined on 10/15/2014We like to start off with one of cocktails from the cute Broadway themed menu. Then I love the Mediterranean chopped salad because it is light and very tasty. My husband loves the short ribs while I opt for the most delicious salmon dish. It NEVER disappoints and the vegetables with it are fabulous !!l We had pumpkin crem brulee and coffee and really enjoyed the entire evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/10/2014very nice meal and a cut above most in the theater district. tasty and creative menu with very nice service. we enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre or post theatrejfoodhVIPDined on 10/7/2014The best choice for pre or post theatre. Excellent food and service - work very hard to accommodate your theatre plans Great location - just a few blocks from the theatresSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always incredible.....CampbellVIPDined on 10/4/2014....How could it ever be bad having Mac n Cheese and Meatloaf.Special Features:
- Don't Tell Mama...edspencerDined on 10/2/2014While our appetizers were very tasty (crab fritter/goat cheese soufflé), they were a prelude to lackluster entrees. The establishment is nicely appointed and the staff friendly, but the raviolo and steak entrees were extremely disappointing and bland. The fillet was technically well executed while the raviolo was cumbersome to eat. I got tired of it by the time I reach to the middle of the dish, a mass of dry/unseasoned spinach and mushrooms on a sheet of pasta which clung unappetizingly to the dish. The BROADWAY themed cocktails seemed incongruous with the stylish setting. We get it- it's Midtown. Nevertheless, I might return one day for another pistachio-goat-cheese soufflé.Special Features: