43 Cricket Ave
Ardmore, PA 19003Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.43cricket.com/
- Phone: 6108961622x
- Hours of Operation:
11:00am - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday
Monday - Saturday
11:00am - 2:00am
11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kerry Mattner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Newly renovated banquet room that seats up to 60 people - Private bar - Custom menu available - Access to private outdoor deck (weather permitting)
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Lerner 6108961622
A word from 43 Cricket
Welcome to 43 Cricket. We are a neighborhood gem located in the heart of Ardmore, one block off of Lancaster Avenue. We offer great American cuisine and a wide variety of beer, wine and cocktails. We serve lunch and dinner Monday -- Sunday as well as Sunday Brunch from 11am-3pm. Join us for Happy Hour Tuesday thru Friday 4:00pm-6:00pm & 10:00pm-12:00am. We look forward to showcasing the new 43 Cricket you.....Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
43 Cricket reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (2)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Don't be fooledOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/3/2014Didn't think much upon entering the dining room which is very modest but cozy and clean. My friend had crispy calamari which was just that, crispy on the outside but still perfectly tender and seasoned. For main course she had the potato crusted flounder which again I sampled and was cooked just right with a delicate wine sauce that complimented perfectly. I went with their weekend tasting menu, a steal at $22. First course had a generous garden salad and baked salmon Alfredo for my main. I was so stuffed I took my pumpkin cheesecake home. That's a good thing. Friendly service, nice wines by the glass and the manager made a visit to see how our experience was. What they lack in decor they make up for on the plate. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A secretJohnVIPDined on 9/25/2014My buddies and I have been going here for awhile now during the new management's regime. We can't find a better value since the prices are reasonable and the food just keeps getting better and better. We are keeping it a secret because we want to keep it to ourselves! Julie is a fantastic server who caters to any request we have. 43 Cricket is happening. We plan on coming back frequently!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with office girlsKitkatDined on 9/24/2014We had never been here and decided to explore since it was the only MLRW venue in Ardmore and no one had ever been . The food was okay (bruschetta was kinda soggy) but the service was incredibly slow for there only being two other tables. The staff definitely weren't attentive.
- Nice placemicrominDined on 9/20/2014I enjoyed my meal, but wish the braised short rib portion was a little bit bigger. Braised Short Rib was melt on your mouth delicious though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moving on upJohnVIPDined on 7/17/201443 has really upped its game in the recent past. We have been going there ever since the ownership change and there have been many rough patches, especially concerning the food. That has changed, so we will be returning more often.Special Features:
- randyVIPDined on 6/26/2014Good place for business lunch. Good place for business lunch. Good place for business lunch.
- The following 16 reviews are from the 43 Cricket reviews archive.
- Airplane food...MadCakesVIPDined on 4/26/2013Read good reviews and really wanted to like this cute neighborhood pub. Sadly, the food was just terrible...dry, tasteless, bordering on inedible. The menu is basic - nothing gourmet or exciting - offering classic fare that should have still been delicious. On a bright note, our server was very nice, and the vibe was friendly. I would give it another try except everything we ordered (2 appetizers, 2 entrees and 1 dessert) was just awful.
- Disappointed but not deterredJohnVIPDined on 4/25/2013After several times here we got an off night. I arrived earlier than my buddy and was seated immediately, but the server did not ask me if I'd like something to drink while I was waiting. I didn't even get water. My nachos were not great and most of the cheese wasn't melted. My chicken cheesesteak was not good as it was dry and almost tasteless. However, once my buddy arrived, service picked p and was fine for the rest of the meal. We will still come back because our other experiences were fine. I attribute this recent one to growing pains.
- Keeps getting better and better!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/4/2013I've been a 'regular' for a few years. Gillane's just keeps getting better and better. The servers are great!Special Features:
- We have driven by Gillane'sMainlinediningdadVIPDined on 4/2/2013We have driven by Gillane's for years and had never been there before this visit. We are glad we finally went! The food was very fresh and well prepared. The service was outstanding the the General Manager took time to stop by the table and in the course of conversation told us what the new owners' intentions were regarding regularly updating the specialty draft beer selection. We will be back and would encourage others that have driven by and never stopped to give the food a try.Special Features:
- Being somewhat like a sports-barlive2enjoyVIPDined on 3/30/2013Being somewhat like a sports-bar we were hesitant to walk in for lunch but were pleasantly surprised. It had changed owners last year and the food was outstanding-very fresh salads, fries were excellent. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great food and service andHahndocVIPDined on 3/22/2013Great food and service and atmosphere. A great neighborhood find and haven.
- Using plastic cups for drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Using plastic cups for drinks was really "TACKY"! The food was not hot enough!
- I love what the new ownersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2013I love what the new owners have done with Gillian's. The roasted chicken was delicious! The dining area is quiet for conversation and comfortable. I was there on Saint Pat's weekend and the bar was hopping, the band was great and the bartenders very attentive. If you have not tried this place out, I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Better and better!JohnVIPDined on 2/28/2013This was the second dinner in as many months and it was great. The menu had just been reworked and has a great variety. The Clams Italiano wasn't on it, but after I asked about it, they prepared it for me. Fantastic! Gillane's just keeps getting better and better. We plan to make it a monthly thing. I hope they keep thinking about the lighting level in the dining room as well as the decor, which still might need a bit of help. Overall, this is a great place!Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service.HahndocVIPDined on 2/23/2013Wonderful food and service. Great seating and comfort.Special Features:
- This is our neighborhood restaurantHahndocVIPDined on 2/15/2013This is our neighborhood restaurant and has been re done and is outstanding in all areas. Comfortable seats, great service and great food. Outstanding in all areas.
- Good changeJohnVIPDined on 1/31/2013This was the first dining experience after the new ownership and it looks like they are trying to step it up, which is encouraging and will make us want to return. They still need to work on the ambiance of the dining room as well as the lighting level. Service was good and the menu variety was very good. The clams Italiano were spectacular. I also was impressed by the plateware, which could almost be called elegant. Also, glad they have hooked up with OpenTable.
- The night I was there it washonstanVIPDined on 1/22/2013The night I was there it was not too busy. ---Good food and lovely serviceSpecial Features:
- A great find in Ardmore!YellbyVIPDined on 1/11/2013We had an excellent meal at Gillane's. The food was delicious and our server was great. We will be back very soon.Special Features:
- Send Out The ClownsCharlieVIPDined on 1/10/2013New owners got rid of the clown motif (that was a real creep me out vibe)..Gracias Jesus. However not much else has changed except for the installation of some awesome big screen TVs. Adequate bar food..pleasant staff.Special Features:
- A very nice meal at a restaurantDelcoDinerVIPDined on 12/1/2012A very nice meal at a restaurant with new owners who are clearly improving the restaurant. That said, the portions (for the main courses) are on the light side; regardless, the food was very good, the service was very good, and we look forward to returning.Special Features: