1 Renaissance Square
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
PortuguesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.42therestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9147614242x
- Hours of Operation:
MONDAY - Closed - Open for Private Events
TUESDAY - THURSDAY - 4:30 PM to 10:00 PM
FRIDAY & SATURDAY - 4:30 PM to 11:00 PM - Bar open until 1:00 AM
SUNDAY - Closed - Open for Private Events
Closed August 24th -September 8th (Open for Private Events only) Reopen September 9th for regular a la carte service.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Executive Chef: Anthony Goncalves
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Host your next event at 42 The Restaurant to guarantee your guests the most exceptional combination of cuisine by Chef Anthony Goncalves, impeccable service and beautiful venue settings. The one-of-a-kind tri-state area views. Amaze your guests as they celebrate your special occasion such as a wedding ceremony, wedding reception, after-party, Bar or Bat Mitzvah, engagement, anniversary, birthday and more. Please contact us and ask for our Events Team.
- Special Events: 42 The Restaurant offers special event dinners for Hudson Valley Restaurant Weeks in the spring and fall, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, New Year's Eve, seasonal Sunday Brunches, and more. Please contact the restaurant for more information.
- Cross Street: Main Street
- Public Transit: MTA Location
16 Ferris Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601
(22.3 miles to Grand Central Terminal)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking is available from The Ritz-Carlton Westchester.
On-street metered parking, discounted rate and municipal parking lots also available.
A word from 42
Contemporary-casual and award-winning restaurant with Iberian New American cuisine and Tapas by Chef Anthony Goncalves located high atop the Ritz-Carlton, Westchester. A stunning setting, creative menu, and exquisite service make for an unforgettable dining experience. An Open Table award winner for Best View and Most Romantic.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
42 reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (63)special occasion (59)romantic (48)fit for foodies (33)vibrant bar scene (32)hot spot (27)notable wine list (27)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (17)late-night find (12)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- 42 is the top of the line!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent service, amazing view, all out done by the food, you will thoroughly enjoy the flavors and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014While the meal and the service was good, I don't think it was quite at the level for such a prestige location. Nor were high prices justified.Special Features:
- Great viewsJonSDined on 8/23/2014This was my second time eating at 42 and both times the food and service were good and the views from the top of the Ritz Carlton Westchester hotel were spectacular, including panoramic views of the Hudson River and Long Island Sound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Goes a Long WayWorkingGourmetDined on 8/22/2014The salad had fresh ingredients that were overwhelmed by the amount of dressing on the plate. Entrees were excellent. And you can't underestimate the view.Special Features:
- OMFG!!! THE BEST/ CAN'T BE BEAT!!!!IEatOutAlotDined on 8/21/2014My girlfriend, her family and I went in for dinner on Thursday, the 21st of August, and it was nothing but exceptional. It started in the lounge where we each had a drink while we waited for our 8:00 reservation. We each had a drink after the bartender informed us of his specials(which there were many of)the host walked us to the dining room when our table was ready. Jamon croquetta, as well as a chorizo appetizer which came out still cooking over enflamed portugese wine to start(WOW!). Flavor profiles were stunning. Portions were generous, but not too much. Entrees were just jaw-dropping. My girlfriend, and her sister both had a halibut that was moist, and flakey, mother had chicken, and I had the rib-eye, best steak I can remember! MustgoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a Disaster1685pennDined on 8/21/2014I made reservations for 8:00pm. We arrived on time but were told our table was not ready and would we wait at the bar. Took 15 minutes to get the bartender's attention, then we ordered and he forgot our drinks. At 8:30 I went to look for the hostess. Still our table was not ready. At 8:50 I spoke to the manager. She was apologetic, but still no table. We were seated just before 9:00. I had mentioned on the phone that it was our anniversary and that we would like a table near the window so we would have a good view. The table we got was in the middle of the floor as far from any window as possible. The food was bland and unimpressive. Small portions. Loud dining room. Child's birthday party behind us. You get the idea. A disaster.
- Disappointed in 42lindaZDined on 8/21/2014Menu drastically changed from last visit. While the halibut was still excellent, there was only one steak item on the menu, which was too big for the average person. Also bread sticks are not a substitute for bread and the fact they now charge $7 for the bread cheapens the experience. I used to enjoy goingSpecial Features:
- Fabulous food and great diningIrv47VIPDined on 8/20/2014Take the elevator in the Ritz up to the 42nd floor. The restaurant has a fantastic view.the tables are spaced nicely and have comfy chairs. The tapas and appetizers selection has something for everyone. We had the calamari, which were delicately prepared with a touch of honey and were delicious. The rigatoni bolognese was absolutely tastey with a bit of spice. And the striped bass was beautiful. Portions are a little small but all in all we didn't feel ripped off at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hg239Dined on 8/19/2014Its was a memorable experience and our waiter was fantastic. He made recommendations and made you feel like we have been regulars for years, considering this 3was our first time at your establishmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience1pickydinerDined on 8/16/2014Our dining experience was absolutely perfect. The staff was professionally pleasant and very knowledgeable about the different entrees. The Peking Duck with Quinoa and asparagus was excellent. Our overall experience was absolutely the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemarkableEatItDined on 8/13/2014Remarkable dining experience. We went for our wedding anniversary and it couldn't have been a better experience. The food, the ambiance, the service, and the view - all were extraordinary. And notwithstanding the rumors, it was not particularly pricey compared to other top-flight restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely come backStuRDined on 8/9/2014Celebrated our anniversary here. Pleasantly surprised. The view was incredible. Service was polite and prompt. Had four different tapas plates...each one was delicious and enough for the two of us. Glad we also ordered the bread basket as it was delicious. Will definitely have to come back here.Special Features:
- great tapaspromeeDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I ordered from the Tapas and Vegetable menus and everything we had was delicious. The Croquettes de Jamon were awesome. The view was spectacular as well. Will definitely be back for a romantic evening with my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wandyr HaggeWandyrDined on 7/30/2014Superb food (creative and well-executed menu), outstanding wine list (brilliant sommelier) and attentive staff (from the entrance of the Hotel to the service and after). A truly memorable experience! Worth while a trip from Manhattan to White Plains just to know the place. Congratulations to all the team!Special Features:
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014The view and service were very good, but we found the food especially the desert was less than expected from a such highly rated restaurant.Special Features:
- Beautiful View without great foodtrendymomDined on 7/25/2014The restaurant has a great view, but the food was horrible and disappointing. I recommend the bar, but not the restaurant.
- NotrichyetDined on 7/24/2014Staff is very nice and attentive. It isn't as pricey as you may think, I've paid just as much at other nice locations, but the view here is great, and after dinner you can enjoy a few drinks with a nice view and comfy seats. I recommend the bar area and ordering a bunch of drinks and appetizers. The chorizco and calamari were our favorite.Special Features:
- Birthday Bustrestuarantafficionado14Dined on 7/19/2014We decided to try something different for my birthday dinner. Well, it was different, but the food was mediocre and the place seemed more like a glorified cafeteria. Definitely not worth the trip.
- Great Food, Great Place!NorgeADined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went to dinner here for our anniversary and enjoyed every minute of our experience. From the moment you step off the elevator, you are greeted by the friendly hostess and staff and showed to your table. We went for an early dinner around 6:30, so the restaurant was a bit quiet, not empty, but picked up by the end of our meal. The food was delicious and the wine list extensive. I have a gluten allergy and our waiter was very attentive and concerned, he even came back out after we ordered the Octopus appetizer to let me know it is cooked in beer. We really enjoyed ourselves and could not have asked for a better anniversary dinner. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpotHotSpotDined on 7/19/2014Chef was amazing the food was to die for and i would have loved to had a face to face interaction with the chef to shake his hand as in all my years i have been in some very fine establishments and still have never had such good food as i recieved for our dinner. Thank you again for a wonderul meal and evening and maybe next time i can request a more private dining area for my wife and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High EndCCCPDined on 7/18/2014High end and High up! Went here to celebrate, it was a very nice atmosphere, great view, even saw fireworks. Excellent service, eclectic fancy drink names, and entrees, but great quality and very tasty. Portions were a little small, and it was very expensive, which should be expected for a place at the top of the Ritz. Only downfall is that its in white plains, which I hope this place helps to rejuvenate, but do plan on coming back for happy hour in the very nice looking bar. Felt a bit like Vegas in WP, which can be fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehNYeaterDined on 7/18/2014Food is uninspired. Ok, but the best was the jamon. Watermelon "gazpacho" was watered down watermelon juice.Special Features:
- what happened to this place?!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/18/2014We had many dinners at 42 and always loved it, the food, the ambience, the service. The service is still great, the same people are there but what happened to the food.... it was mediocre and the place has closed off the nice restaurant section and designated it for events only. The ambience is not as nice as it used to be, there are wood doors and walls with awful murals on it and it just lost its charm. I am afraid we won't come back, which is disappointing after having had so many lovely evenings at this restaurant. We used to recommend the restaurant to many people, but won't do that either.
- Skip it, terrible foodMrsBondDined on 7/12/2014We have been to this restaurant several times, and each time the food here gets worse. Ordered 4 small tapas: salmon was pretty tasteless, eggplant dish was just terrible (fried and salty stuff, didn't see any eggplant there), hamon croquets were decent. My husband got a duck, which turned out to be piece of dry and old meat. My pasta was soooo salty it was impossible to eat. Over all I would recommend skipping this place and just go to BLT downstairs. I dont mind paying for good food, but this was just money down the drain.Special Features:
- fall1956VIPDined on 7/12/2014Our first time here, the food was excellernt, Serive outstanding, my only complain it was a little too cold.Special Features:
- disappointed 2nd visitJimboDined on 7/12/2014escorted to a table for 2 on upper level, in between 2 service door. unfortunately the only way to read menu was when service door opened. Finally remember iphone flashlight came to rescue and ordered dinner. had to ask for candle illuminate table which wasn't bright enough to see food ! When the tapas and salad arrived noticed there were no utensils. Later the waiter said he would slice our entree(ribeye steak) when it arrived again not only did he not serve the cut up steak he did NOT even leave serving utensils(again)! had to ask busboy for some (as we only had 2 knives and forks) utensils to serve a fork and spoon(tableware).floor manager who had visited other table(not ours) identified herself as we left at the elevator(TOO LATE)!!
- DinnerTineDined on 7/12/2014Our diner was outstanding: the food tasted very well and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable!GoldenGirlsDined on 7/11/2014Thank you chef Anthony, Jordan, Giovanni and the entire team for your immense hospitality to me and my friends on our group 50th birthday bash!! It was unforgettable!! ~ the tapas, the cocktails, the paella, desserts, the view, the service... O my!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very small portion and expensivecglcDined on 7/1/2014very small portion and very expensive fot that priceSpecial Features:
- Just what I expectedExcellenceDined on 7/1/2014I invited 7 of my high school students to celebrate this year's 3 national and international (Beijing) debating competition wins. This was a unique experience for them. The food was excellent, tapas to desserts. We ordered almost everything on the menu and the clean plates told the story. A pleasure in every way...my thank you to the chefs, the staff and the scholars who worked to get here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014View is spectacular but Much too noisy, could not hear anyone at table talkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love 42CarolDined on 6/27/201442 is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is simply amazing, with a broad wine selection and the beautiful view of the city, it is simply a must go to place. I recommend it to all my friends and clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiting for a great food....Luv2cookDined on 6/20/201442 has breathtaking views from both the dining area and the bar. It is the one chosen by friends and colleagues on special occasions. The bar is cool, the drinks ALWAYS great and the bartenders offer excellent service always with a smile. The dining area..special! The staff has always rendered great service and aim to please. The food...nice presentation and then I always say to myself, how can they get away with this? over and over? My friend and I looked at each other puzzled, while the non- foodies enjoyed their meal and one more time I walked away paying for an expensive meal (it was a special occasion I organized and paid for) and feeling hungry and dissatisfied.Special Features:
- terrible waitress but great food.dineat42Dined on 6/18/2014The waitress we had said she could not give us bread for the table but she soon after gave a basket of breadsticks to the table right next to us when they asked. This kind of blew my mind. She also didnt tell us the specials for the day but she did for all other tables she was waiting. i thought this was extremely unfair and wrong of her. This is the only bad experience i have had here. What a poor, unfair waitress. Great food though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the tapas!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We had a full meal including tapas, salads, entrees and dessert! We even ordered the bread basket! Although the entrees were great, next time, we'll enjoy just the tapas. Those were amazing! And don't forget to order the donuts ... YUM!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itSpectacularDined on 6/14/2014The restaurant is great, we choose 4 diferents kind of tapas and thwy were amazing: taste, presentation and the seaweed pasta is delicious.Special Features:
- Beautiful View, Food So-SoDiscerningDinerDined on 5/30/2014The view from the restaurant is beautiful. We arrived before sundown and we watched as a rainstorm approached. We then saw 5 rainbows in the next hour! Really spectacular! The food, while nicely presented, was just mediocre. My husband and our friend had halibut which they said was bland. I had duck on a bed of quinoa. The duck was tasty but the quinoa was a bit undercooked and was extremely crunchy. The highlight of the meal was the dessert - the mini-donuts with vanilla pastry cream - they were very fresh an delicious. The service was very good. With a restaurant this pricey, we expected the food to be better. I would recommend it for drinks and tapas, but not for dinner.Special Features:
- Amazing foodDividinoDined on 5/28/2014Always a great experience! It is not just about dining it's about enjoying ambience, music, service! And when we talk about food, we define The 42 restaurant the best in Westchester, NY ! Always great and special tastes!!! Thank you Chef Anthony Goncalves and Staff for everything!!! Paul Simao and Debora DividinoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally a great experienceBabaloo2012Dined on 5/24/2014From the beginning, everyone was very friendly and accomadating and food was great and did not have to wait a long time for food....overall a good, peaceful ambience and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful in every wayFaithVIPDined on 5/24/2014We live and work in the area and have always loved this restaurant but appreciate it even more of late. The renovated space is relaxed yet upscale. The new menu is mouthwatering and the new desert chef has made desert a must try! I look forward to going back frequently- not just for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.