420 North Restaurant
420 Northern Blvd.
Great Neck, NY 11021Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
420 North Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://the420north.com/
- Phone: 5165049690
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: John Ringle CEC
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us cater your next event at home or your business. Choose from our menu or let us create a menu that will delight your budget and your pallet.
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy a choice of two rooms, entertaining up to 40 persons or 110 persons Both can experience sit down or buffet style.
- Private Party Contact: John Ringle 5165049690
A word from 420 North Restaurant
American Flair with a touch of comfort and ultimate indulgence. Enjoy a comfortable white linen table service and a wide variety of foods and fine wine and cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
420 North Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Repeated excellence for foodraptorVIPDined on 12/8/2012Repeated excellence for food , service and attitude. A bit noisy due to large party but bearable. This trip excellent NY strip and perfectly seasoned and crisped baby chicken.
- Food was excellent. EnjoyedFsssVIPDined on 12/1/2012Food was excellent. Enjoyed appetizers as well as entrees. Poor service may keep me from returning. - Waiter read from specials list as if it were his first time seeing it. Couldnt answer questions about specials or menu items. - Although bar was empty and restaurant half-full, took way too long for drink order to be delivered. - Used glasses and plates were not removed from table after use. - Ordered pizza appetizer. After some time, told it wouldn't be coming because wood-burning oven blew a fuse. Pizza was on bill nonetheless.
- everything was very good ,warrenDined on 12/1/2012everything was very good , and while the prices were inline for a "North Shore" restaurant , the portions were very generous making 420 North a good value.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance, Great Food!LcmazzitDined on 11/24/2012The decor is warm and inviting and the food was terrific. I started with a Tri-Color salad with candied walnuts and goat cheese followed by Shrimp Cognac which included jumbo shrimp in a light cognac cream sauce. Both were great! Other people at the table ordered the Diver Scallops which consisted of ~6 very large scallops over wild rice, the Paella which was filled to the brim with seafood including shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels and tilapia and the Tuscan Chicken which had tomatoes, artichokes in a light sauce. All were excellent! The portions are large so doggie bags were definitely in order. We did all split a piece of red velvet cake for dessert which was good but the icing was a bit heavy and overly sweet - go for the chocolate!Special Features:
- Food was terrible. Every appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/17/2012Food was terrible. Every appetizer and dish we ordered had no flavor.
- I have no idea why this placeraptorVIPDined on 11/3/2012I have no idea why this place isn't full all the time. Great food , great bar , very pleasant employees. Amazing dish (Chicken 420) a must. Enjoy
- Friendly atmosphereJohneboyVIPDined on 10/20/2012Been to 420 North a number of times now. The owner Don is great - very friendly and attentive. We always ask for Jonathan as our server - excellent. Food was terrific. Recommend it.Special Features:
- We had been here a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012We had been here a couple of years earlier, before the restaurant changed names. It was lovely then, but we didn't get that experience at all this time around. The restaurant was basically empty (0 other people in the dining room at 7pm, about 5 tables filled when we left) on a Friday night, though the bar area was pretty full. Our server was disorganized and slow. The food was pretty good, but the experience was disappointing overall.
- Failed to bring one of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/22/2012Failed to bring one of our dinners with the other 5. .. it finally showed up when we were finishing. Since there's an open kitchen we could see the waiter realize they never started the missing dinner. Did he come explain or apologize or acknowledge the issue? No he jid in the kitchen. Which we know since it's an open kitchen. Also my wife got hit in the head with another server's tray. Aloof place that seems to survive on the lack of immediate alternatives.
- Terribly run, awful service,PaulVIPDined on 9/22/2012Terribly run, awful service, mediocre food and deafening. Amateur hour actually.
- Excellent food, waiter a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2012Excellent food, waiter a bit distracted but attentive, nice but slightly confusing as to what kind of atmosphere they wanted to present.Special Features:
- New go to new restaurants.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012New go to new restaurants. 420 Nor was a remarkable find.. I've was trying to get there for a long time and finally made it. It was worth the wait.
- Excellent restaurant and customerregenluDined on 8/16/2012Excellent restaurant and customer service from the moment we walked in. We were meeting three docs for a meeting and they were impressed as well. Marissa (bartender) was charming and informative of the wine. The chef came out to see if we were being taken care of and John, the waiter was amazing!!! It was our first time dining there and we I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Everything was great. I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012Everything was great. I've eaten here many times and never had a bad meal.The chef is amazing and can make almost anything you ask for. Try it you'll love it.Special Features:
- Noisy bar. Too much saltCather123VIPDined on 7/27/2012Noisy bar. Too much salt on my swordfish, salmon not quite fresh. Great vegetables. A mixed bag. But the waiter was competent and pleasant, and salad delicious. Maybe we won't go back on a Friday night. Too much of a scene for us.Special Features:
- This place won't exist soon.SherryVIPDined on 7/21/2012This place won't exist soon. The food isn't good. Paella=gross, chicken =gross I guess this place would be ok if it was cheap.... Meh maybe not. It just wasn't good. Sorry
- The owner was very hospitable.nyunderVIPDined on 7/18/2012The owner was very hospitable. I had a ribeye steak cooked to perfection. My guests were also impressed with their selection of culinary delight. However, i never recieved my +100 credit for eating there. Can you please creidt my account.Special Features:
- I've had 3 dinners, all veryEatstarDined on 7/6/2012I've had 3 dinners, all very good. I'm a happy camper.Special Features:
- We Will Be BackOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2012We very much enjoyed our first visit to 420 North. I had the Pear salad and the skirt steak and recommend both. My husband had the Tuscan Chicken Breast and was not happy with the Rosemary seasoning. Probably just an individual taste thing. The service was excellent. We will be back.Special Features:
- The ambiance and food wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/26/2012The ambiance and food were great. The owner made sure that we were happy and enjoying our meal throughout the evening. Would definitely recommend and will absolutely return again.Special Features:
- I would not go againlitravelerVIPDined on 6/22/2012We tried the place when the opened a while ago and figuired we would give it another chance However, The food still lacked taste and the place was too noisy.
- A New Restaurant at an Old LocationmstrattoncatDined on 6/16/2012We didn't realize that Oevo had closed and it is now 420 North. We decided to try it after reviewing the menu on-line. We had a party of six and voted to sit outdoors as the weather was beautiful. Amazingly enough, we were not bothered by the traffic, as the seats are on Northern Blvd (perhaps a boxwood hedge would be a great addition, though). Cocktails were perfect, reasonably priced wine by the glass and the food was very good. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered and we all felt that the tab was very reasonable. Service was efficient. There was quite a crowd, so 420 North was very energetic and we enjoyed it. We will go back.Special Features:
- I was pleasantly suprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012I was pleasantly suprised to find this restaurant. The chef is amazing with what he can do. Service is great and moderately priced, I highly reccomendSpecial Features:
- Very nice place with friendlyCather123VIPDined on 6/13/2012Very nice place with friendly service and a diverse menu.Special Features:
- A local joint finding its placeJohneboyVIPDined on 6/2/2012This was my second time to 420 North. The first was right after it opened, and the experience was spotty. Both the food and the service showed promise, but didn't quite make the grade. However, it warranted a second chance. Glad we went back - they have figured it out. The food and service were excellent. The owner, Don, was very personable and accommodating. The dishes ranged from typical to interesting updates on old standards. The stuffed mozzarella appetizer was outstanding, and the cold antipasti board was above average. Fried calamari was also good. The pizza appetizers were excellent. Entrees were superb - lobster tail, veal chop, pork chop with peppers were all close to perfect. server Jonathan was great. Give 420 North a chance!Special Features:
- Very nice staff and the serviceNiceDined on 5/25/2012Very nice staff and the service was wonderful. The food was good, but I would not say it was outstanding.Special Features:
- Eager new owners aim to pleaseGrandmaDVIPDined on 5/22/2012Eager new owners aim to please but there doesn't seem to be anyone around who can really cook. A list prices, C list quality. Might go back and give them another chance, but only because it's close to home
- Planned a small party forOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/22/2012Planned a small party for 8-10 women for a birthday. Never been here so I met with someone to pre-order menu choices. Called and confirmed. Waste of time. When we all arrived it was like I never pre-ordered. The waiter started giving out reg. menus (I was told a custom menu would be written up with my 3 dinner choices), drink/water orders had to be asked for multiple times. Two vegetarians had asked if there was any meat in the pasta the waiter said "no," and there was meat. Two small plates for shared salad came out for 8 women. As the hostess I had to get up and find Owner who tried to make everything right with fresh fruit. really..that's all? The bottom line is lots of potential, great food, pretty place, service needs much improvement.Special Features:
- This is our 2nd time at 420bboomerVIPDined on 5/19/2012This is our 2nd time at 420 North. This is our new favorite local establishment. Nice spacious bar with about 12 seats overlooking the wood brick pizza oven. Good piped in music at the bar and a nice selection of wines by the glass and high end spirits. The dining room is lovely and comfortable. The food is very good to excellent. Enjoy.Special Features:
- The food is excellent - hadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/15/2012The food is excellent - had Sole stuffed with crab and shrimp over risotto and spinach with a cream sauce (special for the evening) - delicious! Everything on the menu sounded amazing! Not only was the food great, the servers are friendly and attentive.. The owner came over, introduced himself and made sure we enjoying everything.Special Features:
- Hands down the worst serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012Hands down the worst service we have ever had. The owner didn't even apologize! Would never go back.
- I liked this restaurant aAnneSDined on 4/21/2012I liked this restaurant a lot. Food was good, choices and price range reasonable. Service was very good. I would defintely go back and try different dishes on the menu.Special Features:
- We are just so pleased toCather123VIPDined on 4/1/2012We are just so pleased to have this place in Great Neck. The diverse menu, with everything from pizza to paella, is nicely done. My salmon was terrific, sides were great, and portions are large. Prices were more than reasonable. I know we'll keep going back.Special Features:
- This is a fabulous new additionyummyDined on 3/20/2012This is a fabulous new addition to northern blvd. the ambiance is fantastic and the food is even better. we enjoyed a fabulous birthday dinner with another couple and enjoyed many courses including the meat and cheese board, mussells, baked clams, parpadelle pasta ( a MUST TRY) and some of the entrees each person had were the scallops, the shirmp conagc and the steaks which, compared to the steaks located in the surrounding resturants are definatly up to par. This is a beautiful restuarnt and we will be back. Looking forward to trying the bar menu!Special Features:
- The service and the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012The service and the food was not good. We were four people, and they served the food for three people and the fourth dish came later, and then it had to go back as it was not done right. The bread was not good and was not served enough. The quality of the food is very average,and the side dishes not so great, and were not served warm.
- Great Place!DB2468VIPDined on 3/10/2012420 North is my new favorite restaurant on Long Island. It has a great location where my friends and family love meeting during the week or on the weekends. The menu is fresh and unlike your traditional italian menu it has a mix of modern Italian and American cusine with a variety for everyone. Even the kids can join us and order brick oven pizza, which they love! Each time I have gone the service has been excellent from the hostess, waitors and bus boys. We've even met the chef and you can see him and his staff working hard in the kitchen while you dine, which is something you dont see evryday. 420 North is definitely a must try!Special Features:
- This was our first time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/4/2012This was our first time there & we will definitely be back. The preparation of the pecan crusted tilapia was excellent because it was not breaded. Unfortunately one of the four dinners was much delayed so I don't think the other couple with us will come back.Special Features:
- We shared a Caesar salad andlitravelerVIPDined on 3/3/2012We shared a Caesar salad and pizza to start. The salad was good but the pizza sauce was bland. I had the skirt steak and it was good but the sides were skimpy. Someone ordered the filet mignon and it came out rare instead of medium. He sent it back and it took an extremely long time to retun, we were all done with our meal and then it was well done - too late to send it back, we were all done. We did not order dessert being unhappy with our meal. The need to step it up to survive.
- Great food, but needs alittle TLCOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/3/2012This was our second visit. 1st was not crowded, so quiet and delicious. 2nd, so noisy we couldn't hear each other. Food is wonderful, especially those pizzas. Could eat them all day. Service was just ok and found our waiter to be alittle rude. When asked for my delayed drink, he gave me attitude. My friend also sat with hot water and no teabag for a good 10 minutes, and again attitude when asked for her teabag.. I cannot expect no noise in a crowded restaurant, but just for your info, I was very put upon when we saw the bill, and realized that we were charged extra for having ice in some of our drinks, and others with the same liquor, having no ice. VeryTacky. Overall, I loved the food, but there are other great restaurants out there.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/26/2012The food was excellent and the service was great. It was quaint and I absolutely love the Great Neck area. The prices are reasonable. If they are still offering it, you must try the meat Lasagna. It was excellent. The only problem I experienced was the amount of noise found between the dining and bar areas. While attending on a Sunday night, I could hear a gentleman at the bar laughing very loud while watching the TV. It was distracting and annoying at best. It was prior to closing and there were limited people in attendance, so I guess this is why the laughing resonated throughout the dining room. Other than that, it was a great find. Thank you Open Table! I would definitely go back and recommend to others.Special Features: